Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers 20:07 - Nov 24 with 5873 viewsnoggin

then they have to give safe passage for those wishing to enter the UK. They won't of course and the mud slinging will continue. RIP those poor souls.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 with 724 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

Several years ago I had a conversation with a lawyer who guaranteed she could get anyone asylum. You just have to groom them to give the right answers.

And that's your evidence? Christ on a bike.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:50 - Nov 25 with 699 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Well good for them, how many people spend their life savings to put their lives at risk to cross the land borders at the hands of traffickers? None because they don’t need to and hey presto they are in a safe country and still have their money!

I’m still waiting for you to tell me why they all want so desperately to get to the uk if it isn’t for (your words) “a measly £30 a week”?

They can’t all have family here and as I said previously if their family are settled here then surely there is an easier legal way to get here and join them?

They don't all desperately want to get here. We process comparatively few asylum claims compared to several of our European neighbours. If you re-read the thread (and other threads on this topic) people have offered reasons why some asylum seekers want to come to the UK.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:53 - Nov 25 with 686 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:50 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

They don't all desperately want to get here. We process comparatively few asylum claims compared to several of our European neighbours. If you re-read the thread (and other threads on this topic) people have offered reasons why some asylum seekers want to come to the UK.

I wasn’t asking your opinion I was asking a specific poster thanks

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:53 - Nov 25 with 684 viewseireblue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:27 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Oh I read it, particularly this part

When your claim might not be considered
Your claim might not be considered if you:

are from an EU country
travelled to the UK through a ‘safe third country’
have a connection to a safe third country where you could claim asylum
Generally, a safe third country is one that:

you’re not a citizen of
you would not be harmed in
would not send you on to another country where you would be harmed

“ In reality very few of those attempting to cross the channel qualify as asylum seekers.”

How does your post demonstrate that to be true?
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:56 - Nov 25 with 669 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:53 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

I wasn’t asking your opinion I was asking a specific poster thanks

Okay, I should have known you weren't genuinely interested in progressing from a position of ignorance given your views on a range of topics.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:58 - Nov 25 with 655 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:41 - Nov 25 by m14_blue

‘With mobiles’

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You clearly do not watch the news. I suggest you look again.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 628 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:56 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

Okay, I should have known you weren't genuinely interested in progressing from a position of ignorance given your views on a range of topics.

Give it up bully boy

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 569 viewsGlasgowBlue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:13 - Nov 25 by BlueBlueBluex2

Women and dependant children under 18, no problem.

Fit and healthy men in their 20's with mobiles and football shirts, no thanks.

Not sure what this issue with mobile phone's is. If you had been bombed out of your home, separated from loved ones and walk across a whole continent, then a mobile phone as means of communication and getting any news would be essential.

Would you prefer they went to a phone box and tried to do a reverse the charges call to what's left of Aleppo?

edit. And a lot of these young men were just boys when they were forced to flee persecution and war in their country of origin.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 10:31]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:31 - Nov 25 with 571 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:29 - Nov 25 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure what this issue with mobile phone's is. If you had been bombed out of your home, separated from loved ones and walk across a whole continent, then a mobile phone as means of communication and getting any news would be essential.

Would you prefer they went to a phone box and tried to do a reverse the charges call to what's left of Aleppo?

edit. And a lot of these young men were just boys when they were forced to flee persecution and war in their country of origin.

Indeed. It's not 1995 anymore, mobile phones aren't the sole preserve of wealthy business people. Someone having a mobile phone does not mean they can't possibly be in need. It's such stupid logic, but then the frenzy around immigrants has tended to play on that.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:36 - Nov 25 with 559 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:29 - Nov 25 by GlasgowBlue

If you can afford a mobile phone and a passage on a wobbly dinghy to the UK then for me, something is amiss.

You pass through lots of beautiful countries on your way to Calais and I question why you would not stop there with the weather perhaps a little more hospitable than a freezing coastline.

I would also argue that as a young fit healthy male, you may be able to support yourself with work and obtain food a little easier than children and nursing mothers who desperately need our help which I for one am more than happy to provide.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 10:37]
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:54 - Nov 25 with 528 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Well good for them, how many people spend their life savings to put their lives at risk to cross the land borders at the hands of traffickers? None because they don’t need to and hey presto they are in a safe country and still have their money!

I’m still waiting for you to tell me why they all want so desperately to get to the uk if it isn’t for (your words) “a measly £30 a week”?

They can’t all have family here and as I said previously if their family are settled here then surely there is an easier legal way to get here and join them?

They don't 'all want to come to the UK'
Stop listening to Farage and check the actual facts.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:55 - Nov 25 with 525 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:58 - Nov 25 by BlueBlueBluex2

You clearly do not watch the news. I suggest you look again.

Oppressed people can still have access to mobile phones you know. I think M14 is laughing that you think they shouldn't.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 10:56]

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:59 - Nov 25 with 517 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:36 - Nov 25 by BlueBlueBluex2

If you can afford a mobile phone and a passage on a wobbly dinghy to the UK then for me, something is amiss.

You pass through lots of beautiful countries on your way to Calais and I question why you would not stop there with the weather perhaps a little more hospitable than a freezing coastline.

I would also argue that as a young fit healthy male, you may be able to support yourself with work and obtain food a little easier than children and nursing mothers who desperately need our help which I for one am more than happy to provide.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 10:37]

Why do you think they want to get to England?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:06 - Nov 25 with 503 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:25 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

So they are specifically setting out to reach the UK?….. travelling such a distance then why should we allow “safe passage” when they have travelled through several safe countries to get to the risky channel crossing
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 8:30]

Because we're nice people? Oh.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:07 - Nov 25 with 502 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:35 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Then they should travel via “legal routes”

If they choose to take the risks they do then why should we help them?

Wowzers. Are you sure you're a human and not a robot?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:11 - Nov 25 with 502 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:50 - Nov 25 by Whos_blue

Having read your few posts in this thread, you've slightly exposed yourself here.
There is always room for a debate on the wrongs and rights of people trying to access our country. There are so many facets to the issue, but wherever you stand, you cannot ignore that we have just seen a multiple fatality including a child.
At no stage have you shown any contrition about that and just asked "why should we help them?"
That is sad.

It's not just sad it's fecking disgusting. Ely should be ashamed of himself but I'm sure he's not.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:11 - Nov 25 with 509 viewsBlueandTruesince82

As usual on here any sense of nuance lost on both sides.

We should try and help people, we can't help everyone.

The French certainly could do more.

Some of these people are genuine refugees, some are economic migrants.

Every new person is an extray strain on the NHS and all public services yet people complain about tax rises even aster the gov has the cost of keeping people in work through the worst of the pandemic.

That's doesn't mean we can just close borders.

The other counties referred to are much bigger in area and i would suggest the people per square mile is rather less than the UK, something rarely considered.

Immigration is generally good for counties but it cannot be uncontrolled.

The NHS in particular is stocked with workers who's orgin is not in the UK.

The system for asylum could and should be better here and across Europe.

But mostly, people lost their lives in horrible circumstances and that's tragic regardless of the rights or wrongs of how and why they got there.

As usual TWTD tribalism rules. I don't like you because you think differently to me.

Let's all accept it's a sad loss of life

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 489 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:54 - Nov 25 by noggin

They don't 'all want to come to the UK'
Stop listening to Farage and check the actual facts.

Still dodging that question I see

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:20 - Nov 25 with 483 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 10:59 - Nov 25 by noggin

Why do you think they want to get to England?

Still waiting for your answer on that given that it isn’t for £30 a week

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:28 - Nov 25 with 467 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Maybe you should do some research instead of chucking glib questions around out of ignorance.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 456 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:28 - Nov 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Maybe you should do some research instead of chucking glib questions around out of ignorance.

What better place to do my research than to ask all of these experts that frequent TWTD?

If I do my own research the board know it alls will only shoot me down as it doesn’t suit their political narrative so there’s no point

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 457 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:33 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

What better place to do my research than to ask all of these experts that frequent TWTD?

If I do my own research the board know it alls will only shoot me down as it doesn’t suit their political narrative so there’s no point

You wear your ignorance like a badge of honour. Try to be better, mate.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 454 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:33 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

You don't have to do research just to display it on here. You could just do it for yourself to gain an understanding and empathy for people who are worse off than you. Just a thought.

Word of warning..... on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 454 viewsBloots

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:11 - Nov 25 by BlueandTruesince82

As usual on here any sense of nuance lost on both sides.

We should try and help people, we can't help everyone.

The French certainly could do more.

Some of these people are genuine refugees, some are economic migrants.

Every new person is an extray strain on the NHS and all public services yet people complain about tax rises even aster the gov has the cost of keeping people in work through the worst of the pandemic.

That's doesn't mean we can just close borders.

The other counties referred to are much bigger in area and i would suggest the people per square mile is rather less than the UK, something rarely considered.

Immigration is generally good for counties but it cannot be uncontrolled.

The NHS in particular is stocked with workers who's orgin is not in the UK.

The system for asylum could and should be better here and across Europe.

But mostly, people lost their lives in horrible circumstances and that's tragic regardless of the rights or wrongs of how and why they got there.

As usual TWTD tribalism rules. I don't like you because you think differently to me.

Let's all accept it's a sad loss of life

....if you try and look at both sides of the argument on here, all that happens is that you get both cohorts having a pop at you.

It's a funny old game.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 451 viewsnodge_blue

Sometimes now the issues we see just seem overwhelming. Whether it's climate change, wars, rogue nations, trump, soil failure, plastics.
And on top of that mass migration. I feel what we are seeing is the tip of the iceberg as climate change will only add to it. Plus most liberal people don't want to live in Afghanistan or Syria etc now.
I don't know what the answer is. It makes me really down at times.
I can't see that just an open door is ok though. Everyone that comes needs housing for a start. I've no idea how you process tens of thousands of people and house then all at the same time.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024