Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers 20:07 - Nov 24 with 5870 viewsnoggin

then they have to give safe passage for those wishing to enter the UK. They won't of course and the mud slinging will continue. RIP those poor souls.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 910 viewsClapham_Junction

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:42 - Nov 25 by BlueBlueBluex2

Ok, so you have to flee your country because of unrest and the risk to life. I got that so far.

So you pack up your Reeboks and make sure your iPhone 13 is fully charged and head off across the globe, not stopping at the glistening Mediterranean or the white tips of the Alps instead parking yourself up in Calais, waiting to risk your life to get across the channel illegally.

I really don't understand the appeal, however as I have made clear earlier, if you are starving and in need of urgent medical care (and crucially, legally a child) then personally, I do not see a problem but then I do not use the NHS, so I could understand why some would still be peeved.

Glad I am not a politician.

The reasons have been explained again and again. Enough with the sealioning.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:58 - Nov 25 with 892 viewsLord_Lucan

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:42 - Nov 25 by BlueBlueBluex2

Ok, so you have to flee your country because of unrest and the risk to life. I got that so far.

So you pack up your Reeboks and make sure your iPhone 13 is fully charged and head off across the globe, not stopping at the glistening Mediterranean or the white tips of the Alps instead parking yourself up in Calais, waiting to risk your life to get across the channel illegally.

I really don't understand the appeal, however as I have made clear earlier, if you are starving and in need of urgent medical care (and crucially, legally a child) then personally, I do not see a problem but then I do not use the NHS, so I could understand why some would still be peeved.

I have had an idea, I'm going to call it "Hug a migrant"

I am proposing we swap all the English people who love to moan about how sh1t our country is with an Afghan.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:58 - Nov 25 with 894 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:52 - Nov 25 by Clapham_Junction

The reasons have been explained again and again. Enough with the sealioning.

Its ok. Chill. Its normal to have different opinions.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 880 viewsjeera

As Clapham says there, this has been covered many times so there must be something in the psyche when people ignore/overlook any and all responses they receive when asking these questions.

Not that there's anything wrong with asking, but when people respond and then you just repeat the same thing over again surely it shows you're not really interested and are only intent on sticking to your original viewpoint regardless.

It's like people still calling Covid a cold 20 months down the line, or asking what the point of covering their mouths/noses is.

They've had it all explained but they just don't care.

It would save everyone a lot of time and effort if you laid your cards out and said you just don't like certain people in the first place really.

The next time you ask a question you may want to direct it to yourself, asking why you feel the way you do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:32 - Nov 25 with 846 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:02 - Nov 25 by jeera

As Clapham says there, this has been covered many times so there must be something in the psyche when people ignore/overlook any and all responses they receive when asking these questions.

Not that there's anything wrong with asking, but when people respond and then you just repeat the same thing over again surely it shows you're not really interested and are only intent on sticking to your original viewpoint regardless.

It's like people still calling Covid a cold 20 months down the line, or asking what the point of covering their mouths/noses is.

They've had it all explained but they just don't care.

It would save everyone a lot of time and effort if you laid your cards out and said you just don't like certain people in the first place really.

The next time you ask a question you may want to direct it to yourself, asking why you feel the way you do.

Typical TWTD response.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:36 - Nov 25 with 843 viewsTJS

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 12:27 - Nov 25 by nodge_blue

Everything is interconnected.

Belarus backed by Russia using immigration as a way to destabilise Europe. It's sickening. All because they want to probably land grab chunks of former eastern block countries.

I can't help feel that we have gone past some sort of tipping point on many of these big issues. Even the soil won't support food production in 70 years time.

But on immigration whilst we may be able to find creative ways to support this wave of immigration, if this is the tip of the iceberg, how do we sustain that? Empty homes doesn't equate to government owned homes that are available for government funded accommodation?

I'm not convinced we are anywhere near the tipping point regarding global population and food production.
By 2100 it's predicted global population will rise from about 8 billion now to just under 11 billion.
How much further environmental damage food production for another 3 billion will do is probably the more pressing question.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:39 - Nov 25 with 837 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 15:58 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

I have had an idea, I'm going to call it "Hug a migrant"

I am proposing we swap all the English people who love to moan about how sh1t our country is with an Afghan.

To be fair, your country is shlt.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 17:25 - Nov 25 with 793 viewsLord_Lucan

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 16:39 - Nov 25 by noggin

To be fair, your country is shlt.

You don't count, you're about to become a nomad.

Oh, and Sweden is boring. As Hugh said - Only country where the clouds are interesting.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 17:25 - Nov 25 with 793 viewsslump

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:45 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

What I’m saying is you are encouraging us to feel sorry for these poor “desperate” people…… given the distance travelled through safe countries then maybe they aren’t as desperate as you make out?

For example If I was desperately hungry I’d take food from the closest place I could get it and not walk 20 miles to the nearest Waitrose because the quality was better!

I've read some absolute sh!te on here over the years but this is well up there as far as total ignorance goes.

Edit: Having read the rest of the thread this ignoramus is not the only individual who can't think beyond their own privileged/selfish existence. I'm disappointed in myself for being surprised (again)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 22:57]

UTT

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 18:22 - Nov 25 with 728 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 17:25 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

Oh, and Sweden is boring. As Hugh said - Only country where the clouds are interesting.

Just pulling your leg Lucars.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 18:41 - Nov 25 with 704 viewsEwan_Oozami

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 17:25 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

+1 for esoteric Stranglers reference :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 18:58 - Nov 25 with 689 viewsMullet

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 07:17 - Nov 25 by azuremerlangus

There is a safe route. It is called applying for political asylum in the first safe country you reach.

If you are just migrating for economic reasons then the safe route is to apply for citizenship via that countries embassy. Once you get the proper paperwork then you can then enter your country of choice legally through a normal entry point (port/airport).

Let's be blunt. "economic migrant" is just a euphemism for racists that's slipped into common parlance isn't it? It's the jumped up presumption that luck in your life was actually some sort of merit.

You hear the same sh1t from wealthy people all the time who think they're self-made when they've had all sorts of handouts.

If you extend this sort of logic, then no one could ever leave their house, less their street to get a job as they might be "stealing" it from somebody "closer".

Dehumanising people and taking away their choices leads to this sort of tragedy, this sort of selfishness and destructive attitude. As Carlin always pointed out, maybe if you can't out hustle or outwork these people..........

Likewise if people see the money they are conned out of, coerced out of etc (much like the scandals in Saudi etc featuring South Asians) and don't understand the implications for the smugglers, the society etc. that's one thing. But surely it's better that money is spent setting people up here? People who will work hard, pay taxes and contribute etc?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:07 - Nov 25 with 681 viewsLord_Lucan

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 18:41 - Nov 25 by Ewan_Oozami

+1 for esoteric Stranglers reference :-)

Plus 1 for the esoteric esoteric reference.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:13 - Nov 25 with 672 viewsBluesky

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 07:17 - Nov 25 by azuremerlangus

There is a safe route. It is called applying for political asylum in the first safe country you reach.

If you are just migrating for economic reasons then the safe route is to apply for citizenship via that countries embassy. Once you get the proper paperwork then you can then enter your country of choice legally through a normal entry point (port/airport).

And what if you are migrating because your home has been destroyed, most of your family killed or imprisoned and you are persecuted because of your religion? You had no access to embassies and no resources. You just want to make your children safe and find a job. Then it becomes more tricky,,,
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:14 - Nov 25 with 668 viewsnoggin

Why do migrants leave France and try to cross the English Channel? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:24 - Nov 25 with 642 viewsLord_Lucan

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 18:22 - Nov 25 by noggin

Just pulling your leg Lucars.

I know Nogs, you are ok.

Have you bought your nomad home yet?

I’m rather envious of your upcoming life style change, I was slightly nomadic when I was a pedlar.

Halcyon days baby.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:59 - Nov 25 with 606 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 19:24 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

I know Nogs, you are ok.

Have you bought your nomad home yet?

I’m rather envious of your upcoming life style change, I was slightly nomadic when I was a pedlar.

Halcyon days baby.

I've still got 4 years before I can retire sadly. It can't go quick enough.
I've been a nomad most of my life. I think I've moved in excess of 25 times in my 55 year life.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 07:24 - Nov 26 with 489 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:35 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Then they should travel via “legal routes”

If they choose to take the risks they do then why should we help them?

This is one of the nastiest posts I've seen on TWTD. You really need to have a think about what you've written. In the future, keep your xenophobia to yourself. Men, women and children are drowning.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 7:30]

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:48 - Nov 26 with 448 viewsSeablu

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 17:25 - Nov 25 by slump

I've read some absolute sh!te on here over the years but this is well up there as far as total ignorance goes.

Edit: Having read the rest of the thread this ignoramus is not the only individual who can't think beyond their own privileged/selfish existence. I'm disappointed in myself for being surprised (again)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 22:57]

Spot on.
The likes of ely blue, blue conscience and their seedy cohorts pollute these waters with pride in their prejudice and wilful ignorance.
The fact that the only thing we have in common with them is the team we support still makes me feel incredibly bilious.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024