Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning is the one that interests me 23:26 - Dec 4 with 2869 viewstractorboy1978

A very impressive career path so far, starting here of course and spending time with the City Group, who do not employ mugs. He's done very well at MK too. I know they have a bit of a blue print and Martin had started a lot of the good work but he's really got them playing some cracking stuff and they look a very well oiled machine with lesser players than he'd have to work with here.

He fits the model we obviously want to be working with - a coach rather than a traditional manager. He's also got a background in an academy setting and not just any academy setting but ours! He's worked with the likes of Klug/O'Neill previously. Progressing young players through seems to be something of key importance. And whilst being 'Ipswich' isn't a primary requirement for the job, he'd also bring another two good coaches that know the club well too in Wright/Hogg.
Manning is the one that interests me on 23:28 - Dec 4 with 2297 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m really all for it!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:29 - Dec 4 with 2288 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I am with you 100%.

A coaching unit, well qualified, pedigree, good brand of football.

I hope it will be him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:30 - Dec 4 with 2273 viewspointofblue

Would Manning come back? Would we happily pay MK Dons off for him and his coaching staff?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:33 - Dec 4 with 2236 viewsN2_Blue

of all the names mentioned he is the one i'm most interested in.

Don't see McInnes mentioned much but think he's a good manager but no idea if he fits our model.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:33 - Dec 4 with 2247 viewsSomethingBlue

As mentioned in other post, the promotion-this-season imperative makes me wonder if they'd do it and there would be some serious risk — but if they did I'd be thrilled and the more I think about it, and hear from people who know his work well, he's the one I want.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:34]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:34 - Dec 4 with 2217 viewstractorboy1978

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:30 - Dec 4 by pointofblue

Would Manning come back? Would we happily pay MK Dons off for him and his coaching staff?

Money isn't even a consideration with these owners. If we want Manning, we will get him. What an opportunity this would be for him.
Manning is the one that interests me on 23:36 - Dec 4 with 2169 viewsSomethingBlue

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:34 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

Money isn't even a consideration with these owners. If we want Manning, we will get him. What an opportunity this would be for him.

One more thing though — while ITFC a bigger club and obvious ties, managers have to look after their careers carefully and being regarded as a ship-jumper this early might not have plus points down the line. Lots to weigh up, hypothetically.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:37 - Dec 4 with 2152 viewspointofblue

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:34 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

It's make or break - ironically, considering he's been mentioned on here, like Lampard at Chelsea. Be a hero but if it doesn't work out... Again, it's down to if he thinks he can manage the pressure; he's under less at MK Dons.

Login to get fewer ads

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:46 - Dec 4 with 2062 viewsSitfcB

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:28 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

I’m really all for it!

Liam_Knows

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:50 - Dec 4 with 1990 viewsKieran_Knows

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:46 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

Liam_Knows

Can’t be any worse than the last three(1 username)!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:55 - Dec 4 with 1949 viewsSitfcB

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:50 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

Ha, I’m sure you’ll get a new one this time round.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:56 - Dec 4 with 1933 viewspointofblue

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:50 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

We could always save you time - Heckingbottom? Ince? Gascoigne???

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:00 - Dec 5 with 1897 viewstractorboy1978

Manning is the one that interests me on 23:33 - Dec 4 by SomethingBlue

As mentioned in other post, the promotion-this-season imperative makes me wonder if they'd do it and there would be some serious risk — but if they did I'd be thrilled and the more I think about it, and hear from people who know his work well, he's the one I want.

I'm not sure promotion is an imperative from here this season. I think the right man that ticks their boxes and fits the structure will be given time as long as progress in the right direction is shown. I can't see them going for a 'gun for hire' type appointment, I think it's going to be someone progressive.

I'd be surprised if they don't have someone lined up given the December games are coming thick and fast. But then equally, the McGreal appointment earlier this week feels odd to me. My assumption was he was Cook's mate and in to lend a hand but clearly this was all rumbling on long before then.

Appleton just doesn't excite me in the slightest. And Lowe, perhaps I am being a snob but he feels a manager managing at his ceiling to me.
Manning is the one that interests me on 00:02 - Dec 5 with 1878 viewsDinDjarin

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:00 - Dec 5 by tractorboy1978

I'm not sure promotion is an imperative from here this season. I think the right man that ticks their boxes and fits the structure will be given time as long as progress in the right direction is shown. I can't see them going for a 'gun for hire' type appointment, I think it's going to be someone progressive.

I'd be surprised if they don't have someone lined up given the December games are coming thick and fast. But then equally, the McGreal appointment earlier this week feels odd to me. My assumption was he was Cook's mate and in to lend a hand but clearly this was all rumbling on long before then.

Appleton just doesn't excite me in the slightest. And Lowe, perhaps I am being a snob but he feels a manager managing at his ceiling to me.

I thought Mgreal was to cover Dyer going into hospital.
Manning is the one that interests me on 00:06 - Dec 5 with 1850 viewstractorboy1978

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:02 - Dec 5 by DinDjarin

I thought Mgreal was to cover Dyer going into hospital.

That's the official line but I'm assuming he will be taking the first team on Tuesday and the timing of it all feels more than coincidental now doesn't it.
Manning is the one that interests me on 00:10 - Dec 5 with 1818 viewspointofblue

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:00 - Dec 5 by tractorboy1978

I said it elsewhere but I think the die was cast after Rotherham and Ashton/Gamechanger were lining up their ducks after that. A 19 player overhaul and we put in a worse performance against them than we managed under Lambert (which is saying something in itself?)

Maybe Cook would have been able to buy himself more time if he'd got a better performance against Crewe (rather than has looking exposed every time they attacked) or if we had beaten Arsenal's kids and Barrow today. But I think the Rotherham match was the turning point.

YUP! He may fit the Ipswich Town profile… WE HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT (n/t) on 00:10 - Dec 5 with 1806 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Great and interesting post on 00:13 - Dec 5 with 1786 viewsunstableblue

And something that really concerns me

We’ve gone for ‘stop gaps’ before… it’s just plastering over cracks

We need a playing ethos and style…. Ingrained across the club

Ashton has only put a myriad of fitness and performance people

HUGE risk here

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:22 - Dec 5 with 1741 viewsbraveblue

But can he succeed in 20 games. If not he will be no good.
Manning is the one that interests me on 00:38 - Dec 5 with 1682 viewsgazzer1999

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:22 - Dec 5 by braveblue

Cook had nearly 40 so if he does it in 20 success.
Great and interesting post on 00:50 - Dec 5 with 1642 viewsBondiBlue

Great and interesting post on 00:13 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

And something that really concerns me

We’ve gone for ‘stop gaps’ before… it’s just plastering over cracks

We need a playing ethos and style…. Ingrained across the club

Ashton has only put a myriad of fitness and performance people

HUGE risk here

I know he was mentioned as a joke above but what about heckingbottom? Head coach, very into sports science (clearly as is ashton). What's he like at winning football matches?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:51 - Dec 5 with 1633 viewspointofblue

Manning is the one that interests me on 00:22 - Dec 5 by braveblue

No, he'll be allowed to rip up the squad, build a new one, have another set of games where he loses twice to under-21 sides, depart in the League Cup plus get taken to replays by struggling sides from a division below, have blips of great play interspersed with turgid, clueless football as we slowly drift backwards but we'll still be told by some that he's the right man for the job.

Great and interesting post on 01:12 - Dec 5 with 1533 viewsBondiBlue

Great and interesting post on 00:50 - Dec 5 by BondiBlue

I know he was mentioned as a joke above but what about heckingbottom? Head coach, very into sports science (clearly as is ashton). What's he like at winning football matches?

Appointed blunts manager a week ago.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Manning is the one that interests me on 01:24 - Dec 5 with 1461 viewsghostofescobar

I don’t think promotion this season is an imperative. It’s hugely desired, but not imperative, according to the owners previous statements.

GhostOfEscobar

Manning is the one that interests me on 01:53 - Dec 5 with 1397 viewsXYZ

Manning is the one that interests me on 01:24 - Dec 5 by ghostofescobar

I don’t think promotion this season is an imperative. It’s hugely desired, but not imperative, according to the owners previous statements.

It plainly was necessary for Cook to keep it as a serious possibility.

Acting now suggests it still is the ambition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024