Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Lennon 09:47 - Dec 8 with 2120 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-ipswich-n

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Neil Lennon on 09:49 - Dec 8 with 1897 viewsKieran_Knows

Just fold the club, honestly.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Neil Lennon on 09:49 - Dec 8 with 1890 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Wouldn’t want him in a million years
Neil Lennon on 09:50 - Dec 8 with 1857 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Prefer a Neil Young / Julian Lennon combo to be fair. They could probably get a tune out of this lot.

Badum-tish.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Neil Lennon on 09:51 - Dec 8 with 1852 viewsGuthrum

That would be a decent coup, getting someone who has manged at the top level in Scotland. Don't know enough about his style to comment on that, but he would certainly have the status to gat the players' respect.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Neil Lennon on 09:53 - Dec 8 with 1792 viewschicoazul

Lol

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Neil Lennon on 09:56 - Dec 8 with 1757 viewsgordon

A spiky, confrontational ex defensive midfielder with Celtic connections? Sounds good to me.
Neil Lennon on 10:02 - Dec 8 with 1659 viewsDJR

I like the sound of that. His fiery nature and passion could be just what we need.
Neil Lennon on 10:08 - Dec 8 with 1577 viewsborge

He has played for some big clubs....
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Lennon on 10:08 - Dec 8 with 1565 viewsskinnybob72

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse…☹️
Neil Lennon on 10:09 - Dec 8 with 1558 viewsrickw

Neil Lennon on 09:51 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

That would be a decent coup, getting someone who has manged at the top level in Scotland. Don't know enough about his style to comment on that, but he would certainly have the status to gat the players' respect.

He took a team which had been completely dominant in the SPL for years to 18 points behind Steven Gerrard's Rangers.
He also took Bolton out of the Championship (well he left before it was confirmed but...)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Neil Lennon on 10:11 - Dec 8 with 1521 viewsghostofescobar

I've just posted this on the news article, but my mate is a season ticket holder at Celtic and reckoned this would be a good job for him. I said I didn't think he come, but my mate thought he'd jump at it. He always rated him when he was at Celtic, but I guess he has a bit of the "legend" tag up there. I'm not sure what to think about this link??

GhostOfEscobar

Neil Lennon on 10:12 - Dec 8 with 1510 viewsGuthrum

Neil Lennon on 10:09 - Dec 8 by rickw

He took a team which had been completely dominant in the SPL for years to 18 points behind Steven Gerrard's Rangers.
He also took Bolton out of the Championship (well he left before it was confirmed but...)

Not a good pedigree, really.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Neil Lennon on 10:14 - Dec 8 with 1486 viewsMookamoo

Ginger Lambert.
Neil Lennon on 10:14 - Dec 8 with 1483 viewsSwansea_Blue

Neil Lennon on 10:08 - Dec 8 by skinnybob72

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse…☹️

Oh I don't know, the Marc Burcham 'link' is probably worse than this one. Mad stuff going on in here - https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/marc-bircham-s-life-no-l

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Neil Lennon on 10:16 - Dec 8 with 1446 viewsstopmoaning

Neil Lennon on 10:14 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Oh I don't know, the Marc Burcham 'link' is probably worse than this one. Mad stuff going on in here - https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/marc-bircham-s-life-no-l

Yeah, Bircham cannot be allowed anywhere near the club! I don't want Lennon either, but I'd prefer pretty much anyone over Bircham.
Neil Lennon on 10:18 - Dec 8 with 1412 viewsiamipswich

Why can't we just liquidate so I can get on with my life and support West Ham.

Poll: Who will return first?

Neil Lennon on 10:19 - Dec 8 with 1397 viewsN2_Blue

Not enthused by this one bit.

But to be honest I have no idea who would currently.

Never warmed to Lennon at all. His 2nd Celtic spell didn't seem to go down very well and why has he not found work since.

I would actually try something new, take a continental approach and find someone that has a proven record of turning a club around from a low base.

Read the Graham Potter story at Ostersunds. There are managers out there that no one has heard of that do different things to galvanise a team and club. Potter was very unknown before he went to Ostersunds. I think we need to look at appointing a manager in a different way.

Not about the name or the clubs they have been at, but what their ideas are, what they could do differently that hasn't been tried before. Because nothing any of the past 5 managers have done has worked. It needs a complete reset.

The problem is we don't really have time to do this now and do the work to find someone, even more so after the shambles of last night.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Neil Lennon on 10:19 - Dec 8 with 1397 viewsBlue_Order

This would just about finish me off.
Neil Lennon on 10:25 - Dec 8 with 1323 viewstimothyeo

I'd probably end up supporting a local non-league club.

Which with Lennon in charge could quite well end up being Ipswich anyway
Neil Lennon on 10:44 - Dec 8 with 1243 viewsstrikalite

Neil Lennon on 09:51 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

You'll get intensity and high press with Lennon that's for sure, wouldn't be against this either to be honest, Celtic is and always will be a high pressure job despite what people think.
Neil Lennon on 10:45 - Dec 8 with 1230 viewsitfcsuth

I'd rather have Paul Lambert back.
Neil Lennon on 11:00 - Dec 8 with 1164 viewsloves_to_spooge

With the right coaches and backroom staff he would be a decent manager, just don't think he really grasps the modern style of play
Neil Lennon on 11:25 - Dec 8 with 1091 viewsArnieM

Absolutely, NO THANKS!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Neil Lennon on 11:56 - Dec 8 with 1013 viewsHipsterectomy

Neil Lennon on 10:18 - Dec 8 by iamipswich

Why can't we just liquidate so I can get on with my life and support West Ham.

This is me as well, I even live in Bow!

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Neil Lennon on 12:42 - Dec 8 with 931 viewsOsborneOneNil

I don't know what to think anymore. Anyone we hire, fails. I'm finding it hard to care, right now.

Cook was the ideal man, look how that went.

Do we go with a nasty manager to shake the rabble up, or an up and coming young manager, do we plump for one off the merry go round, or a unknown foreign name?

Fook knows. Nothing works........maybe we should just flip a coin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024