Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, that working from home guidance 09:12 - Dec 13 with 2363 viewshomer_123

I've had to come into the office this morning to sort out a couple of server issues. Everyone else is WFH.

We have three other businesses in our 'block' - every single one of them is choc full of people....car park full - apart from our spaces.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, that working from home guidance on 12:16 - Dec 13 with 433 viewschrismakin

So, that working from home guidance on 11:16 - Dec 13 by DMDC

Look,not everyone sits behind a keyboard all day,but are working in factories up and down the country,so people sat at a desk isnt any different really.

Depends, arw you seeing 10-15 customers a day. No idea if they are jabbed themselves or not.

This isn't just a sitting on a keyboard job.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So, that working from home guidance on 12:25 - Dec 13 with 417 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, that working from home guidance on 09:45 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

I hate this attitude though.

Just because the government are rubbish and don't follow the rules doesn't mean people shouldn't follow the rules.

Nowhere in life to two wrongs make a right.

SB

Indeed. Do what is right despite Boris Johnson. Not because of him..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, that working from home guidance on 12:42 - Dec 13 with 389 viewsGeomorph

Work for a Defra organisation… haven’t been to our office up in Penrith since March 22 2020
So, that working from home guidance on 13:51 - Dec 13 with 353 viewsEwan_Oozami

log4j fix?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So, that working from home guidance on 13:52 - Dec 13 with 352 viewsN2_Blue

So, that working from home guidance on 10:07 - Dec 13 by Guthrum

They'd need people to man the phones, presumably. Tho I'd have thought most of the staff would be out doing viewings, rather than sitting in the office.

think that's not a good enough reason. Phones can be set up to divert to home phones or mobiles. Most businesses had to do this first time around and is very straightforward to do.

Every estate agent has a mobile phone

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So, that working from home guidance on 13:59 - Dec 13 with 332 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

So, that working from home guidance on 13:51 - Dec 13 by Ewan_Oozami

log4j fix?

Thats causing me a massive pain in my arse right now......
So, that working from home guidance on 14:13 - Dec 13 with 320 viewsBloomBlue

I really don't understand why the recommendation is WFH but still allow people to attend football matches. I appreciate your outside but in a stand you're sitting much closer then you would in an office plus you have people beside you, in front of you, behind you, shouting, signing etc, It's stupid football should be behind closed doors again. Had this argument yesterday with a neighbor he wants to WFH because of COVID but is going to the football, as I said to him WFH is just an excuse
So, that working from home guidance on 14:13 - Dec 13 with 317 viewsTractorWood

Just because the government are rubbish and don't follow the rules doesn't mean people shouldn't follow the rules.

SB

I agree but the Gov are fighting about half a dozen accusations of breaking their own rules on the same topic on the same day as telling people to wfh. All the businesses I've heard of are basically sticking to their existing approaches.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

So, that working from home guidance on 14:15 - Dec 13 with 314 viewsStokieBlue

So, that working from home guidance on 14:13 - Dec 13 by TractorWood

I agree but the Gov are fighting about half a dozen accusations of breaking their own rules on the same topic on the same day as telling people to wfh. All the businesses I've heard of are basically sticking to their existing approaches.

Which is clearly wrong.

As I said, two wrongs don't make a right and all this will lead to is even harsher restrictions which those businesses won't like at all.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

So, that working from home guidance on 14:17 - Dec 13 with 312 viewsBlueBadger

SB

Trouble is, piss poor leadership leads to this situation.

You see in workplaces across the world, we saw it here last season with an entire cohort of players who couldn't be arsed having to be binned off because a manager who couldn't be arsed from the moment he set foot through the door was given two years longer in a job than he deserved.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 14:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, that working from home guidance on 14:20 - Dec 13 with 303 viewsStokieBlue

So, that working from home guidance on 14:17 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, piss poor leadership leads to this situation.

You see in workplaces across the world, we saw it here last season with an entire cohort of players who couldn't be arsed having to be binned off because a manager who couldn't be arsed from the moment he set foot through the door was given two years longer in a job than he deserved.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 14:25]

I'm merely saying that people have minds of their own, should be able to understand the risks and should be able to make the decision to follow the guidance even if those in charge don't.

I doubt many would jump off the Orwell Bridge if Boris did it so why follow his lead on ignoring rules?

Looks like he's about to throw someone else under the bus anyway:

SB

So, that working from home guidance on 14:22 - Dec 13 with 302 viewshype313

So, that working from home guidance on 14:15 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

Which is clearly wrong.

As I said, two wrongs don't make a right and all this will lead to is even harsher restrictions which those businesses won't like at all.

SB

If we go into another lockdown then that would really finish a lot of businesses off, including family members of mine who are hanging on by a thread at the moment. It's an incredible balancing act to try and navigate because on one hand you have people saying if we lockdown then I will lose my business, my house, my livelihood which then sets a chain of events off that could end in devastating fashion.

I really hope we look at the data before we make any concrete decisions because it's easy to say "lets just lockdown" without a thought for the millions who would face financial ruin.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, that working from home guidance on 14:24 - Dec 13 with 294 viewsStokieBlue

So, that working from home guidance on 14:22 - Dec 13 by hype313

If we go into another lockdown then that would really finish a lot of businesses off, including family members of mine who are hanging on by a thread at the moment. It's an incredible balancing act to try and navigate because on one hand you have people saying if we lockdown then I will lose my business, my house, my livelihood which then sets a chain of events off that could end in devastating fashion.

I really hope we look at the data before we make any concrete decisions because it's easy to say "lets just lockdown" without a thought for the millions who would face financial ruin.

I totally agree that all decisions should be made after looking at the data and consulting with experts in the relevant fields.

My point was more that not following something relatively simple like WFH if you can is more likely to lead to the situation nobody wants to see.

SB

So, that working from home guidance on 14:25 - Dec 13 with 295 viewsTractorWood

So, that working from home guidance on 14:15 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

Which is clearly wrong.

SB

The majority of businesses I refer to already had mostly wfh but didn't see the gov advice as credible in influencing their approach.

It remains advice, right? The government picks and chooses which advice to follow. Why shouldn't business?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So, that working from home guidance on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 285 viewshype313

So, that working from home guidance on 14:24 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

I totally agree that all decisions should be made after looking at the data and consulting with experts in the relevant fields.

My point was more that not following something relatively simple like WFH if you can is more likely to lead to the situation nobody wants to see.

SB

Agreed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024