Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. 20:40 - Dec 16 with 6371 viewsRyorry

Let's face it, state we're in we weren't going to be able to land any proven top quality man, needed someone wanting to make a name for himself who relishes a challenge & knows enough to take us all the way to the top! (OK, feel free to bookmark this & bring it back to embarrass me if I turn out to be horribly wrong )

I imagine all our players would respect & listen to him & his coaches too, pretty crucial, they 100% need to shape up.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:51 - Dec 16 with 3609 viewsKeaneish

Why would Sam Morsy who’s played in a World Cup listen to a man a few years older than him who didn’t make it as a professional?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:52 - Dec 16 with 3587 viewsJ2BLUE

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:51 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

Why would Sam Morsy who’s played in a World Cup listen to a man a few years older than him who didn’t make it as a professional?

Because he would be Morsy's boss and if Morsy wants to play he will have to listen.

Career ended by injury does not mean McKenna didn't make it.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 20:53]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:55 - Dec 16 with 3525 viewsclive_baker

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:51 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

If he doesn’t, he can f*** off. He’s hardly set the world alight since he joined.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:57 - Dec 16 with 3512 viewsKeaneish

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:52 - Dec 16 by J2BLUE

Because he would be Morsy's boss and if Morsy wants to play he will have to listen.

Career ended by injury does not mean McKenna didn't make it.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 20:53]

Career ended by injury means he didn’t play so it does mean he didn’t make it due to injury. And yes, McKenna is his new boss but when a new boss comes in who hasn’t achieved what you have, he’s going to have to be pretty special to turn some school of thinking no matter how professional they are.

From listening to a few videos, I wouldn’t exactly say McKenna was that charismatic either would you?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:59 - Dec 16 with 3485 views1Warky

Agree entirely. He is an intelligent man and very clear in his thoughts. A bit like Sir Bobby Robson was. In a crisis, that's what you need.

He made a comment previously about age, playing experience etc. saying that although players might have a little interest in what you've done, they are more concerned about themselves and what you can do for them. These players are in a hole that keeps getting deeper. They will listen to him.

I'm much happier with this than anyone else on the betting list and would rather his cv over the others.

Let's get behind him now.
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:00 - Dec 16 with 3457 viewsJ2BLUE

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:57 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

Career ended by injury means he didn’t play so it does mean he didn’t make it due to injury. And yes, McKenna is his new boss but when a new boss comes in who hasn’t achieved what you have, he’s going to have to be pretty special to turn some school of thinking no matter how professional they are.

From listening to a few videos, I wouldn’t exactly say McKenna was that charismatic either would you?

You made it sound like he wasn't good enough.

I think a first team coach joining from arguably the biggest club on the planet will be enough to gain the respect of Morsy. I think you're wrong.

Truly impaired.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:00 - Dec 16 with 3448 viewsGuthrum

If Morsy has that little respect, there's no point in him being at Town, just a disruptive influence. I don't think this is likely to be true, by the way, he's a professional.

Indeed, Morsy might want to learn from a bloke who was coaching ManU's first team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:01 - Dec 16 with 3445 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why on earth wouldn’t a lower league journeyman listen to someone that last week was coaching Ronaldo, Fernandes, Pogba et al?

And if he doesn’t want to, he can gladly f**k off

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:01 - Dec 16 with 3428 viewsGarv

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:57 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

He's spent longer at the top end (the very top end) of English football than Mosy has.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:02 - Dec 16 with 3431 viewsN2_Blue

what's your effing problem now.

What's age got to do with it. What's being a professional got to do with it.

Some of the best manager's weren't good footballers. He's got real coaching qualifications though and wouldn't hold the position he has without having something about him.

Sam Morsy could end up learning a damn lot from him, and even maybe Morsy thinks that. We have no idea.

You really are a very strange little man aren't you.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:02 - Dec 16 with 3432 viewsclive_baker

I like your optimism and hope you’re right.

Not to be a negative nelly but I’m not overly convinced by it, especially given where we’re at right now. But I really hope he does the business, needless to say I’m fully supportive.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:03 - Dec 16 with 3406 viewsKeaneish

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 20:55 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

If he doesn’t, he can f*** off. He’s hardly set the world alight since he joined.

Absolutely but if that were a worst case scenario, and let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, it wouldn’t be for another month bringing more instability.

To go from a manager who’s won 6 trophies to a manager stepping into his first role is such a monumental leap it’s hard to know whether it’s inspired or absolutely mental.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:04 - Dec 16 with 3383 viewsSnedders

Same reason Robert Lewandowski listens to Julian Nagelsmann
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:05 - Dec 16 with 3343 viewsSwansea_Blue

Easy Ryorry, he could be sh*t

I agree that the approach is a breath of fresh air. ME's blueprint was as dumb as it gets and I'm more than happy that we're actually thinking about this and looking to unearth new talent.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:06 - Dec 16 with 3338 viewspointofblue

I love the idea behind it; I have my doubts about McKenna because of how disorganised United have looked at times this year with him as part of the coaching team but hiring people who have done it before has not worked so why not try someone with a different kind of experience? Bring in Pert and a couple of other experienced heads to support him and I will feel even more confident - I have no idea what Cook was thinking when hiring his coaching team.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:07 - Dec 16 with 3334 viewsJ2BLUE

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:03 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

Absolutely but if that were a worst case scenario, and let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, it wouldn’t be for another month bringing more instability.

To go from a manager who’s won 6 trophies to a manager stepping into his first role is such a monumental leap it’s hard to know whether it’s inspired or absolutely mental.

Morsy has been a division 2/3 player for his career. He's 30. He has hardly set the world alight.

If the United first team listened to McKenna then i'm sure Morsy will. Despite the rumours of him being 'dry' they clearly did listen to him as he held that role for quite a while.

If Ronaldo, Pogba and Cavani were listening then i'm sure Morsy will. Would pretty much end his career if he didn't.

I think it should be pointed out that Morsy has not done anything to suggest he won't listen.

Truly impaired.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:07 - Dec 16 with 3305 viewsmarkchips

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:02 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

I like your optimism and hope you’re right.

Not to be a negative nelly but I’m not overly convinced by it, especially given where we’re at right now. But I really hope he does the business, needless to say I’m fully supportive.

I agree we need to be fully supportive. He is going to need all of our support after he sees the standard of some of our players like Penney who seems oblivious to clear instructions. I would not be surprised if he was first out of the door closely followed by Carroll Jackson and Nsiala. Looking forward to a few young guns on loan from Man U,.
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:08 - Dec 16 with 3294 viewsRyorry

I did agree with you up to a point (Charlton) re giving Cook longer, but now he's gone & we're moving on, I don't get why you're choosing to continue in negative mode & looking for the downside in everything tbh.

You might as well at least enjoy this interlude where we can all at least hope, before his first games in charge!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:10 - Dec 16 with 3252 viewsclive_baker

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:07 - Dec 16 by markchips

I agree we need to be fully supportive. He is going to need all of our support after he sees the standard of some of our players like Penney who seems oblivious to clear instructions. I would not be surprised if he was first out of the door closely followed by Carroll Jackson and Nsiala. Looking forward to a few young guns on loan from Man U,.

Carroll Jackson, wasn’t she in Eastenders?

Agree with you, look forward to seeing their appraisal of this squad and how that plays out in team selection.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:12 - Dec 16 with 3227 viewsSwansea_Blue

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:08 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

I did agree with you up to a point (Charlton) re giving Cook longer, but now he's gone & we're moving on, I don't get why you're choosing to continue in negative mode & looking for the downside in everything tbh.

You might as well at least enjoy this interlude where we can all at least hope, before his first games in charge!

Quite. We could have made a massive mistake, but we can't change what's happened so let's not worry about it and look forward to the reset.

I've said it before, but it's worth reiterating that I really hope people give this new team a chance and show a bit of patience. For some reason I can't work out given we were ok(ish) only a few weeks ago, the team is utterly shot and down on its knees, so it could take a little while to sort out.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:12 - Dec 16 with 3230 viewsZXBlue

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:02 - Dec 16 by N2_Blue

what's your effing problem now.

What's age got to do with it. What's being a professional got to do with it.

Some of the best manager's weren't good footballers. He's got real coaching qualifications though and wouldn't hold the position he has without having something about him.

Sam Morsy could end up learning a damn lot from him, and even maybe Morsy thinks that. We have no idea.

You really are a very strange little man aren't you.

Eddie Howe didnt have this problem.
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:15 - Dec 16 with 3186 viewsKeaneish

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:08 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

It’s probably because I’m one of the few on here who has been in a situation like this (all be it a lower level) where a manager m, whose players were exceptionally loyal, was sacked and an unknown came in. My point is that professional or not, players are human and that is not going to be a very harmonious dressing room right now.

In my opinion, we’ve gone the wrong way with this appointment. We’ve appointed someone with not a lot to back up his ideas. Players need to trust something and quickly and there’s not much to point to instantly. I’m sure he’s a good coach but as I’ve said, coaching to management is very different. Players in that squad have all played at higher levels, in bigger tournaments and for more established, celebrated managers so this is a majorly tough gig for him and not one everyone in that squad is going to warm to.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:25 - Dec 16 with 3074 viewsKeaneish

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:12 - Dec 16 by ZXBlue

Eddie Howe didnt have this problem.

Eddie Howe played nearly 300 league games as well as England under-21s and started managing at a club he’d been at most of his life where he’s coached for 4 years previously - entirely different.

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:25 - Dec 16 with 3068 viewsRadioOrwell

Because Morsy just played in a team that couldn't 't score against Barrow - twice.
Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:27 - Dec 16 with 3044 viewsSwansea_Blue

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. on 21:15 - Dec 16 by Keaneish

It’s probably because I’m one of the few on here who has been in a situation like this (all be it a lower level) where a manager m, whose players were exceptionally loyal, was sacked and an unknown came in. My point is that professional or not, players are human and that is not going to be a very harmonious dressing room right now.

In my opinion, we’ve gone the wrong way with this appointment. We’ve appointed someone with not a lot to back up his ideas. Players need to trust something and quickly and there’s not much to point to instantly. I’m sure he’s a good coach but as I’ve said, coaching to management is very different. Players in that squad have all played at higher levels, in bigger tournaments and for more established, celebrated managers so this is a majorly tough gig for him and not one everyone in that squad is going to warm to.

For sure. I suspect that goes some way to explaining the abject performances under McGreal. McKenna's go this work cut out, but I suspect he's going into it fully aware of the challenge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024