Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does it always happen to us... 09:43 - Dec 17 with 6686 viewschrismakin

Alot was said at the time of appointing M/A about the Rolls appointment and again if the Athletic is correct which you'd have to assume for for them to print... are the BC fans spot on and are we just going to have problems no matter who managers us.

Maybe this is the Norwood 'Hands are tied meaning.

I do wonder if the Amercians have a plan B if it appears like the Ashton train is just continue on its negative journey.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:46 - Dec 17 with 4000 viewsbrazil1982

Making appointments without considering advertising these roles and seeing who else is out there...
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 3983 viewssnotbucket

I think we were all dissatisfied with the fitness levels of the squad!
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:48 - Dec 17 with 3939 viewsStokieBlue

You've been sticking the knife into Ashton since day one based on what Bristol City fans say. Just look at the last sentence of the post.

It's been weird, like he wronged you previously or something.

We need to move on together and get behind the new regime.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:49 - Dec 17 with 3901 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why are our fanbase always looking for something ?

Live for tomorrow ffs

The negatives around here are bonkers at times - we've just announced an exciting young manager not 24 hours ago and we're looking backwards not forwards

I couldn't give a flying rat about what's happened - Cook has gone

Whether there was an issue with fitness or not , it really doesn't matter right now

Honestly !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:50 - Dec 17 with 3871 viewsRozz

Underperforming manager with an expensively built squad in blaming the set-up shocker.

We've been here before, and while I don't particularly love Ashton it's hardly surprising they've fallen out if we continually failed to beat League 2 & u21s opposition.
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:50 - Dec 17 with 3852 viewsrickw

If someone can show where it says that in The Athletic I'll only then consider it may have some truth to it, currently it's just tweeted by a BC fan and we know they all have their agenda

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:51 - Dec 17 with 3846 viewsBseaBlue

Regardless of who is director of performance etc, Cook was probably always going to have an issue with it as that wasn't the remit of which he was sold the job by Evans. He would have very much been expecting to be in control of all footballing matters (Much like Mick was). You can't really blame him for getting the hump with the changes.

Mckenna will fully understand the situation and structure of the club so I can't see this being an issue moving forward.
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:51 - Dec 17 with 3811 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:48 - Dec 17 by StokieBlue

You've been sticking the knife into Ashton since day one based on what Bristol City fans say. Just look at the last sentence of the post.

It's been weird, like he wronged you previously or something.

We need to move on together and get behind the new regime.

SB

Ha SB. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

If anything I showed the complete opposite by providing many press releases of more 'neutral' content regarding him when most of the M/A posts were only BC and Watford based posts. So no idea what you're on about tbh

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:52 - Dec 17 with 3809 viewsitfc48

The fitness thing is interesting. Everyone else is visibly fitter than us. Our oppositions seem to be getting more defenders back than we do when being countered and get more attackers forward when counter-attacking.

Barrow's second goal on Wednesday a good example of this.
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:52 - Dec 17 with 3797 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:50 - Dec 17 by Rozz

Underperforming manager with an expensively built squad in blaming the set-up shocker.

We've been here before, and while I don't particularly love Ashton it's hardly surprising they've fallen out if we continually failed to beat League 2 & u21s opposition.

Football is also a heated environment, especially when under pressure. It's not surprise that things got heated, everyone looking for someone else to blame.
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:53 - Dec 17 with 3761 views2-5-7

I hope it all works out but there is maybe an element of us being over-clever for getting out of League 1.
The fitness remarks are a worry and even at Barrow felt we got out muscled again. They definitely looked sharper.

We need a massive amount of patience for this new appointment and that has to be granted. If it gets worse before getting better it will get ugly.

This season is probably over but green shoots needs to show quickly. Then it will be a busy off season.I really want to be wrong and as a long term plan this could be great. But there are a lot of bridges burnt over the years on false dawns. They at least need to run for 90+ minutes as a minimum!!
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:55 - Dec 17 with 3711 viewsgordon

That's not a massive surprise and if that's the worst to come out about Ashton (which is presumably the case as its been highlighted on twitter by a few people) then it's definitely not as bad as it could be.

Think the bigger question is going to be how they go about things now they've got an inexperienced coach in place.
Why does it always happen to us... on 09:59 - Dec 17 with 3633 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure we should automatically blame Ashton here. Our whole set up has needed modernising for ages. I'm intrigued where it will go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:00 - Dec 17 with 3589 viewswkj

Let's be honest - there is a lot of ill will toward Ashton from Bristol - and sometimes these things do happen behind the scenes. However, we really should try to avoid making other people's experiences into our conspiracies.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 10:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:01 - Dec 17 with 3581 viewschrismakin

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:49 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

Why are our fanbase always looking for something ?

Live for tomorrow ffs

The negatives around here are bonkers at times - we've just announced an exciting young manager not 24 hours ago and we're looking backwards not forwards

I couldn't give a flying rat about what's happened - Cook has gone

Whether there was an issue with fitness or not , it really doesn't matter right now

Honestly !

Well it does matter if indeed it is correct

If its true. Then MK will have the same problems PC had. So we won't be any better off will we. I think it's relevant.

No 1 likes negativity, but when it's something of importance I think it's right it's discussed and to hope that if it is indeed true. Something is corrected for us to go forwards.

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:02 - Dec 17 with 3553 viewsITFC_Forever

Why does it always happen to us... on 09:50 - Dec 17 by rickw

If someone can show where it says that in The Athletic I'll only then consider it may have some truth to it, currently it's just tweeted by a BC fan and we know they all have their agenda

I subscribe to the Athletic, and the BC fan's post is either a copy and paste or screenshot from the Athletic article.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:02 - Dec 17 with 3533 viewsBseaBlue

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:01 - Dec 17 by chrismakin

If its true. Then MK will have the same problems PC had. So we won't be any better off will we. I think it's relevant.

No 1 likes negativity, but when it's something of importance I think it's right it's discussed and to hope that if it is indeed true. Something is corrected for us to go forwards.

Its irrelevant. Cook wasn't expecting to have this structure to work with. Mckenna Will.
Why does it always happen to us... on 10:03 - Dec 17 with 3540 viewsclive_baker

Feels unlikely that a former Arsenal physio and Head of Sports Science at West Ham isn't qualified enough for L1 Ipswich. Not sure you can blame fitness levels on using 5 different left backs in 21 games, an imbalanced squad, shoe horning Fraser on the left or conceding twice as many goals as the top 2. A lot of the recruitment was done so late in the transfer window and we started the season so poorly that if that was due to a lack of fitness it's more a reflection on their previous clubs, which feels unlikely given the spread of clubs we've signed from, or their personal responsiblity to keep themselves fit, which would question the sort of characters we've brought in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:07 - Dec 17 with 3438 viewsGarv

Cook was supposedly quite put out when he heard about the takeover wasn't he - it was suddenly a different job to the one he accepted under Evans.

Not a huge shock to find out he didn't like working under a CEO who had a lot of control*. Ashton being a bit of a character probably just adds to the story.

*Is that a bad thing though? If the dynamic is right between management/coaching staff and Ashton and the board? It's old fashioned to have a 'manager' calling all the shots at the club, especially when you look at the money being spent.

If he falls out with McKennna then we might have a problem.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:14 - Dec 17 with 3258 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

All these opinions on Ashton have come about now because people were rapid to deem him the messiah after about 2 weeks in the club. They didn’t even wait to see how his signings performed or if he backed up his words. They just decided he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Why don’t we just wait and see how it unfolds with Ashton, if he turns out to be nothing like Bristol City fans say, great. If he turns out to be exactly like Bristol City fans say, all those who called them salty will look very silly. He’s the Chief Exec not the manager.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:17 - Dec 17 with 3215 viewsJ2BLUE

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:14 - Dec 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

All these opinions on Ashton have come about now because people were rapid to deem him the messiah after about 2 weeks in the club. They didn’t even wait to see how his signings performed or if he backed up his words. They just decided he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Why don’t we just wait and see how it unfolds with Ashton, if he turns out to be nothing like Bristol City fans say, great. If he turns out to be exactly like Bristol City fans say, all those who called them salty will look very silly. He’s the Chief Exec not the manager.

Bullsh1t.

The jury is out on Ashton as everyone knows. What pisses people off is the parroting of the Bristol City fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:20 - Dec 17 with 3157 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:01 - Dec 17 by chrismakin

If my Aunty had a pair she'd be my Uncle

It's irrelevant

MK will have his own requirements and standards which I'm sure will be much higher than our own and will be in a position to demand such

This isn't FIFA or something similar (out of touch with computer games sorry - I'd rather play my guitar) this is the real thing

Look forward CM please

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:20 - Dec 17 with 3157 viewsFightingEssex

A bit like we would have an “agenda” if that scum bag Marcus Evans bought another club?

Ashton is universally disliked by any group of supporters of any club he’s been at. We are being warned that he’s appointed McKenna because he’s trying to run the team, if that really is the case we’ll know in a year anyway, I don’t think Gamechanger will be any more willing to keep a failing CEO than they were Cook, so if Ashton has this wrong he’s going to be a gonner anyway.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:22 - Dec 17 with 3116 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:17 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

Bullsh1t.

The jury is out on Ashton as everyone knows. What pisses people off is the parroting of the Bristol City fans.

The best thing Phil could do is ban that BCFC poster before it creates an even bigger divide

Why does it always happen to us... on 10:22 - Dec 17 with 3110 viewsParsley

https://theathletic.com/3019969/2021/12/17/ipswich-town-the-rebuild-gone-wrong-o
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024