Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message for the management of ITFC 11:14 - Dec 17 with 6797 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If you are reading this, that's bad. This forum is toxic, it is not generally representative of the fans who attend matches, and several of the posters are scum fans in disguise who just want to cause anxiety and disagreement, most of the rest have no idea anyway (me included). All I would say is don't believe that posts on this forum mean anything, just focus on the job. Good luck to the new team. That is all.

Poll: would you rather

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:59 - Dec 17 with 999 viewsclive_baker

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:55 - Dec 17 by marcus1642

If anybody has problems/issues, and we all have at some stage, getting support from a faceless football forum in my book is certainly interesting to say the least.

Complains about the lack of support on TWTD.

Argues against the need for support on TWTD.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:59 - Dec 17 with 997 viewsSE1blue

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:52 - Dec 17 by footers

Bloody hell. I know it's Christmas and all that but did you really have to open the sherry at this hour? It's not even midday yet, man.

Teachers letting kids play on the internet before the holidays innit.

They should be off looking for the book in the library with boobs in it.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:02 - Dec 17 with 991 viewsGavTWTD

If anybody has problems/issues, and we all have at some stage, getting support from a faceless football forum in my book is certainly interesting to say the least.

So people haven't developed friendships over the 25 years we've been running it? We're all faceless? Nobody has never met anyone? I think you've badly misjudged us. We're not just a football forum, we're a community of Ipswich fans that goes far wider than football. And I think you'll find that in this community we have a diverse array of skills too, and people that have experienced what others may be suffering from.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:05 - Dec 17 with 967 viewsmarcus1642

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:57 - Dec 17 by footers

You seem to be having a pretty serious one at this very moment, dear chap.

I'm actually fine. But thanks for asking.
A message for the management of ITFC on 12:06 - Dec 17 with 968 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Come on, there is so much negativity and hostility - towards whatever decisions are made and views that don't align. If (as some indicate) the new management pay attention to or even act to some extent upon the views on this board, then ITFC really are in trouble. This board may describe a cross section of views, but many are just troublemakers who want to cause unrest or get a rise from people. I hope our management are well above paying any attention to that. And no chico, I've been on this board for 20 years, and supporting Town since 1967.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:06 - Dec 17 with 959 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:02 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

So people haven't developed friendships over the 25 years we've been running it? We're all faceless? Nobody has never met anyone? I think you've badly misjudged us. We're not just a football forum, we're a community of Ipswich fans that goes far wider than football. And I think you'll find that in this community we have a diverse array of skills too, and people that have experienced what others may be suffering from.

'...suffering from' yes Gav - exactly this.....we all suffer from supporting Ipswich!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:07 - Dec 17 with 954 viewsfooters

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:59 - Dec 17 by SE1blue

Teachers letting kids play on the internet before the holidays innit.

They should be off looking for the book in the library with boobs in it.

Try typing 8008135 into a calculator, my friend. I think you'll be very pleased with what you see.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 with 947 viewsGavTWTD

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:07 - Dec 17 by footers

Try typing 8008135 into a calculator, my friend. I think you'll be very pleased with what you see.

Shouldn't it be 5318008?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

Login to get fewer ads

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 with 944 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:45 - Dec 17 by marcus1642

No it is not. Nobody looks out for anyone, this is not a support group.

Genuinely surprised by that view.

There are many posters on here I don't agree with or agree with their views and I am sure that is reciprocated. But we chat, discuss and debate on here with, generally, no major angst or issue.

Not only that but many know each other personally and have a met as a direct result of the forum.

Life would be boring if we all agreed on everything, opposing views are healthy and it's a well run forum by Mark and Support.

And many have supported each other with issues affecting each other, sharing experiences and support.

Can I ask, why are your views on this different? What are your experiences here?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 with 940 viewsDanTheMan

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:49 - Dec 17 by marcus1642

Your post is pretty needless too. If you don't like it, don't comment on it.

Erm, surely that'd go for the OP as well?

Also on the threads topic, this place really is not toxic compared to a lot of corners of the internet. The moderation is good, stuff doesn't usually get out of hand except on a few (usually political) threads.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 12:11]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:13 - Dec 17 with 898 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:06 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Come on, there is so much negativity and hostility - towards whatever decisions are made and views that don't align. If (as some indicate) the new management pay attention to or even act to some extent upon the views on this board, then ITFC really are in trouble. This board may describe a cross section of views, but many are just troublemakers who want to cause unrest or get a rise from people. I hope our management are well above paying any attention to that. And no chico, I've been on this board for 20 years, and supporting Town since 1967.

What you describe about this forum is not what I see, at all. But hey, two people can watch the same football match and see completely different games.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:15 - Dec 17 with 887 viewsGavTWTD

How would you administer the forum differently? And I hate it when people say this but "genuine question". Do you stop people posting that you don't agree with?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:16 - Dec 17 with 865 viewsfooters

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

Shouldn't it be 5318008?

I failed maths.

And sex education.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:16 - Dec 17 with 862 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:16 - Dec 17 by footers

I failed maths.

And sex education.

This explains an awful lot.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:20 - Dec 17 with 854 viewsHerbivore

Starts a thread slating his fellow forum users, complains about troublemakers. Incredible self-awareness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 837 viewsHerbivore

I think this is a you problem, friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 837 viewsKeno

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:02 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

Least we forget how much of a support community this has been for many years for many people

Thank you Phil, obviously mainly Gav, Mark and everyone, even Hoppy

There are days I wonder how life would be without you all

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:22 - Dec 17 with 830 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 by DanTheMan

Erm, surely that'd go for the OP as well?

Also on the threads topic, this place really is not toxic compared to a lot of corners of the internet. The moderation is good, stuff doesn't usually get out of hand except on a few (usually political) threads.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 12:11]

Toxicity is not an absolute. No criticism of the moderators btw, but there have been many times that I have been shocked at how strong the criticisms of others is on here. Phil and Gav do a great job in trying to close it down. But my OP was far more about the views and criticisms of potential managers, players, etc. As long as us users of the forum are civil, then we can argue our viewpoints all we like, and that is why I use the forum. I just hope the management of the club don't take the views of a few posters on here as representative of the whole fanbase.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:24 - Dec 17 with 820 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:22 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Toxicity is not an absolute. No criticism of the moderators btw, but there have been many times that I have been shocked at how strong the criticisms of others is on here. Phil and Gav do a great job in trying to close it down. But my OP was far more about the views and criticisms of potential managers, players, etc. As long as us users of the forum are civil, then we can argue our viewpoints all we like, and that is why I use the forum. I just hope the management of the club don't take the views of a few posters on here as representative of the whole fanbase.

Not being funny but if they did. I'd be more concerned about the quality of the management than anything else.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:25 - Dec 17 with 808 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:21 - Dec 17 by Keno

Least we forget how much of a support community this has been for many years for many people

Thank you Phil, obviously mainly Gav, Mark and everyone, even Hoppy

There are days I wonder how life would be without you all

Hoppy? You've gone too far now.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:26 - Dec 17 with 804 viewsnodge_blue

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:16 - Dec 17 by footers

I failed maths.

And sex education.

All Im getting is 5,318,008.

I fail to see where sex comes into it at all !

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:32 - Dec 17 with 775 viewsjayessess

As a regular match goer I wouldn't say TWTD was any more or less toxic that match day is.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:35 - Dec 17 with 756 viewsKeno

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:25 - Dec 17 by homer_123

Hoppy? You've gone too far now.

well I didn't want him to feel he wasn't special, you know what he's like

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:37 - Dec 17 with 757 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:15 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

How would you administer the forum differently? And I hate it when people say this but "genuine question". Do you stop people posting that you don't agree with?

Gav, there are a small number of posters who appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery. And if things go well, its often the same ones who pick faults in the successes. My opinion is that this is a concerted attempt by some keyboard warrior supporters of our feathered friends up the road, to constantly sow seeds of discontent. There is almost certainly nothing that can be done about it, so it is no criticism of the TWTD moderators. I don't know if many other clubs suffer that to the same extent, I suspect we get it more than most. Thanks and Merry Christmas btw.

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:40 - Dec 17 with 971 viewsjayessess

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:37 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Gav, there are a small number of posters who appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery. And if things go well, its often the same ones who pick faults in the successes. My opinion is that this is a concerted attempt by some keyboard warrior supporters of our feathered friends up the road, to constantly sow seeds of discontent. There is almost certainly nothing that can be done about it, so it is no criticism of the TWTD moderators. I don't know if many other clubs suffer that to the same extent, I suspect we get it more than most. Thanks and Merry Christmas btw.

Again, a level of negativity that it's entirely consistent with match days at Portman Road. You've never found yourself sat near someone who moans from minute 1 to minute 90?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024