Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message for the management of ITFC 11:14 - Dec 17 with 6848 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If you are reading this, that's bad. This forum is toxic, it is not generally representative of the fans who attend matches, and several of the posters are scum fans in disguise who just want to cause anxiety and disagreement, most of the rest have no idea anyway (me included). All I would say is don't believe that posts on this forum mean anything, just focus on the job. Good luck to the new team. That is all.

Poll: would you rather

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:42 - Dec 17 with 1233 viewsnoggin

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:09 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

Shouldn't it be 5318008?

Footers thought he was replying to an Australian.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:45 - Dec 17 with 1224 viewsGavTWTD

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:37 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Gav, there are a small number of posters who appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery. And if things go well, its often the same ones who pick faults in the successes. My opinion is that this is a concerted attempt by some keyboard warrior supporters of our feathered friends up the road, to constantly sow seeds of discontent. There is almost certainly nothing that can be done about it, so it is no criticism of the TWTD moderators. I don't know if many other clubs suffer that to the same extent, I suspect we get it more than most. Thanks and Merry Christmas btw.

You do realise where we are in the table? If we had won 3 times in a row and those same people were typing the same stuff then we'd get rid, but its been a tough few years in this division and people are upset and angry where we are. I don't agree that they are all norwich fans, but a few have gotten in over the years.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:48 - Dec 17 with 1206 viewsIllinoisblue

Gav, there are a small number of posters who appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery. And if things go well, its often the same ones who pick faults in the successes. My opinion is that this is a concerted attempt by some keyboard warrior supporters of our feathered friends up the road, to constantly sow seeds of discontent. There is almost certainly nothing that can be done about it, so it is no criticism of the TWTD moderators. I don't know if many other clubs suffer that to the same extent, I suspect we get it more than most. Thanks and Merry Christmas btw.

You know you don’t have to read the board, right? You are to free to walk away at anytime. Or indeed put people on ignore.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:49 - Dec 17 with 1202 viewsHerbivore

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:45 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

You do realise where we are in the table? If we had won 3 times in a row and those same people were typing the same stuff then we'd get rid, but its been a tough few years in this division and people are upset and angry where we are. I don't agree that they are all norwich fans, but a few have gotten in over the years.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Amazed that Ulla has lasted this long, he doesn't even bother to hide it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:50 - Dec 17 with 1199 viewsEwan_Oozami

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:22 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Toxicity is not an absolute. No criticism of the moderators btw, but there have been many times that I have been shocked at how strong the criticisms of others is on here. Phil and Gav do a great job in trying to close it down. But my OP was far more about the views and criticisms of potential managers, players, etc. As long as us users of the forum are civil, then we can argue our viewpoints all we like, and that is why I use the forum. I just hope the management of the club don't take the views of a few posters on here as representative of the whole fanbase.

I'm more worried about the owners taking notice of the Talking Town lot....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:52 - Dec 17 with 1193 viewsfooters

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:48 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

You know you don’t have to read the board, right? You are to free to walk away at anytime. Or indeed put people on ignore.

Hang on, what? We're free to leave? Why didn't Phil and Gav tell us?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:53 - Dec 17 with 1196 viewsBramidan

I have to say I am more a reader than a poster but I would like to thank the people who, by their efforts, allow us all to have the forum.
The majority on here all share a passion for ITFC, a few times I have thought I would pack up following the team but at 68, born in Ipswich what can you do?
I actually find some of the argumentative posts quite entertaining, sorry if those that post that sort of post feel belittled.
Come on people, it's a forum, it's not life or death. Enjoy the opportunity to have your say and let others state an opposing view.
More importantly COYB. A new start ( yes I know we've had a few!)
A message for the management of ITFC on 12:54 - Dec 17 with 1182 viewsEwan_Oozami

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:52 - Dec 17 by footers

You can check out any time you like...

Login to get fewer ads

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:57 - Dec 17 with 1167 viewsnoggin

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:53 - Dec 17 by Bramidan

I have to say I am more a reader than a poster but I would like to thank the people who, by their efforts, allow us all to have the forum.
The majority on here all share a passion for ITFC, a few times I have thought I would pack up following the team but at 68, born in Ipswich what can you do?
I actually find some of the argumentative posts quite entertaining, sorry if those that post that sort of post feel belittled.
Come on people, it's a forum, it's not life or death. Enjoy the opportunity to have your say and let others state an opposing view.
More importantly COYB. A new start ( yes I know we've had a few!)

Well said.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A message for the management of ITFC on 13:03 - Dec 17 with 1148 viewshomer_123

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:35 - Dec 17 by Keno

well I didn't want him to feel he wasn't special, you know what he's like

when you say 'special'?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A message for the management of ITFC on 13:33 - Dec 17 with 1093 viewsSuperblue95

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

A message for the management of ITFC on 13:57 - Dec 17 with 1058 viewsDanTheMan

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:22 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

Toxicity is not an absolute. No criticism of the moderators btw, but there have been many times that I have been shocked at how strong the criticisms of others is on here. Phil and Gav do a great job in trying to close it down. But my OP was far more about the views and criticisms of potential managers, players, etc. As long as us users of the forum are civil, then we can argue our viewpoints all we like, and that is why I use the forum. I just hope the management of the club don't take the views of a few posters on here as representative of the whole fanbase.

Perhaps I've not been reading the same threads but the vast majority of the discourse on here has been civil. Things only tend to get heated right after a defeat, especially if people have been drinking.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A message for the management of ITFC on 13:57 - Dec 17 with 1051 viewsRyorry

A message for the management of ITFC on 12:15 - Dec 17 by GavTWTD

How would you administer the forum differently? And I hate it when people say this but "genuine question". Do you stop people posting that you don't agree with?

I've often suggested a total (ie 2-way) block facility, which would cut out most of the historic enmity thing amongst some posters.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A message for the management of ITFC on 14:06 - Dec 17 with 1026 viewsfooters

A message for the management of ITFC on 13:33 - Dec 17 by Superblue95

Upping your Simpsons-posting game, I see.

You'll have to put in a few more of these to get up to me and Stokie's level, young man. But it's appreciated.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A message for the management of ITFC on 14:13 - Dec 17 with 1005 viewsDubtractor

"This forum is toxic"

"There are a small number of posters"

You can understand the difference between those 2 statements that you yourself have made yeah? So don't be too surprised if people take issue with the first, when the second is actually the case.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A message for the management of ITFC on 14:25 - Dec 17 with 990 viewsjeera

Then surely the key is to challenging those posts when they arise, isn't that the point?

Rather than trying to cause disruption with a generic swipe at the forum collective before then correcting it to meaning a few.

All you have done is insult a bunch of decent people whilst flushing out one or two who cannot seemingly wait to start a row, and he/she/them are not regular posters.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 14:27]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:15 - Dec 17 with 925 viewsEwan_Oozami

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:24 - Dec 17 with 909 viewsPhilTWTD

To be honest, I think that's nonsense. I can't think of any posters who currently "appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery". When posters do behave in that manner - and I can think of a very good recent example - they're banned.

Think it's particularly bad form to try to suggest to those running the club that the forum is toxic when, as others have said, it's pretty much as mild-mannered as they come for the most part with a long history of support for one another's projects, interests, mental well-being etc. I'd certainly look to avoid ITFC Twitter if you think TWTD is toxic.
A message for the management of ITFC on 16:25 - Dec 17 with 905 viewsPhilTWTD

To be fair, the freedom to leave option is only available to those who didn't sell their souls to us.
A message for the management of ITFC on 16:32 - Dec 17 with 871 viewsEwan_Oozami

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:25 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, the freedom to leave option is only available to those who didn't sell their souls to us.

Phil Hamephistopheles

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:37 - Dec 17 with 863 viewsMullet

Think you’re bang out of order here and owe Phil and Gav an apology.

When you’ve got a certain group of fans on Twitter calling disabled fans vegetables, tagging the owners, being overtly sexist, misogynistic, homophobic etc as well as plenty of other things, it’s them you should be warning the owners about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:39 - Dec 17 with 863 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you massive fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A message for the management of ITFC on 17:00 - Dec 17 with 830 viewsHerbivore

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:39 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

Give over, you massive fanny.

This is the post Phil wanted to make.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A message for the management of ITFC on 20:10 - Dec 17 with 732 viewsSwansea_Blue

Top internetting, thanks all

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A message for the management of ITFC on 20:24 - Dec 17 with 723 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:42 - Dec 17 by marcus1642

Best Post this year. Well done.

I think it was addressed to the new owners rather than you, Marcus.

Interested to know that the few dozen who post most vocally on here had such sway in your decisions, albeit clearly contrarian in your case.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024