Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message for the management of ITFC 11:14 - Dec 17 with 6798 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If you are reading this, that's bad. This forum is toxic, it is not generally representative of the fans who attend matches, and several of the posters are scum fans in disguise who just want to cause anxiety and disagreement, most of the rest have no idea anyway (me included). All I would say is don't believe that posts on this forum mean anything, just focus on the job. Good luck to the new team. That is all.

Poll: would you rather

A message for the management of ITFC on 20:30 - Dec 17 with 1048 viewseireblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:25 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, the freedom to leave option is only available to those who didn't sell their souls to us.

Ahem, wasn’t there talk of an Audi, and mobile app as well?
A message for the management of ITFC on 20:35 - Dec 17 with 1041 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 20:30 - Dec 17 by eireblue

Ahem, wasn’t there talk of an Audi, and mobile app as well?

Always read the small print.

"Chance of" and "possibility" appear multiple times.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A message for the management of ITFC on 21:44 - Dec 17 with 981 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A message for the management of ITFC on 16:24 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

To be honest, I think that's nonsense. I can't think of any posters who currently "appear every time there is a bad result and delight in the misery". When posters do behave in that manner - and I can think of a very good recent example - they're banned.

Think it's particularly bad form to try to suggest to those running the club that the forum is toxic when, as others have said, it's pretty much as mild-mannered as they come for the most part with a long history of support for one another's projects, interests, mental well-being etc. I'd certainly look to avoid ITFC Twitter if you think TWTD is toxic.

with all due respect Gav (and there is a great deal of respect and gratitude here I assure you) it plainly isn't nonsense. You have contradicted yourself by saying it's nonsense, and in the next sentence saying that you have banned someone recently for it. So it happens. I would be quite happy to PM you when I see it.

There was a clamour on here to get rid of Cook (I think 80% or thereabouts in the poll), and the swift action by GC20 to do so has been cited by some as evidence that the management are responding to what they see on this forum as in line with the fans wishes. Is that going to be the trend? That every time we go through a poor run of form there is a clamour to sack the manager and have a player clearout, and club management act in line with the fans wishes? That assassination of managers and players is hugely detrimental - some would say toxic - and just because a couple of hundred on here want to see a sacking doesn't mean it is always the right course of action. We've now got through 4 managers in what 4 years? I'm old enough to remember the fan pressure to get rid of Bobby Robson. The Cobbolds ignored it and the rest is history. I just hope we give Kieran plenty of time irrespective of the polls on here.

A message for the management of ITFC on 21:52 - Dec 17 with 964 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 21:44 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

with all due respect Gav (and there is a great deal of respect and gratitude here I assure you) it plainly isn't nonsense. You have contradicted yourself by saying it's nonsense, and in the next sentence saying that you have banned someone recently for it. So it happens. I would be quite happy to PM you when I see it.

There was a clamour on here to get rid of Cook (I think 80% or thereabouts in the poll), and the swift action by GC20 to do so has been cited by some as evidence that the management are responding to what they see on this forum as in line with the fans wishes. Is that going to be the trend? That every time we go through a poor run of form there is a clamour to sack the manager and have a player clearout, and club management act in line with the fans wishes? That assassination of managers and players is hugely detrimental - some would say toxic - and just because a couple of hundred on here want to see a sacking doesn't mean it is always the right course of action. We've now got through 4 managers in what 4 years? I'm old enough to remember the fan pressure to get rid of Bobby Robson. The Cobbolds ignored it and the rest is history. I just hope we give Kieran plenty of time irrespective of the polls on here.

Do you think your quoted 80% opposition to Cook on here (I don't think it was anything like as clear-cut one-sided as that) is anomalous or reflective of the general fan view? What makes you decide which it is? If it is reflective of the general view, why do you think the owners listen to here and not a more general view?

What makes you decide that the owners are driven entirely by fan views and not their own sight of what is going on anyway?

As for your first statement, Gav's comment is not contradictory. He is saying it is rare and gets dealt with and so not prevalent on here at all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A message for the management of ITFC on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 951 viewsjeera

"You have contradicted yourself by saying it's nonsense, and in the next sentence saying that you have banned someone recently for it."

Good grief man.

You've claimed it's commonplace and then cited a single example as a contradiction. How desperate are you to try that?

Btw it's Phil you're replying to there, not Gav. At least try to pay some attention when insulting them.

Wtf are you on about going back 50 years to Robson?

There was no clamour to get rid of Cook - you have made that up. There were some valid observations. There was rightly a clamour for Lambert.

You're confusing this place with Twitter.

You are definitely being toxic.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 22:12]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:00 - Dec 17 with 948 viewseireblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 20:35 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Always read the small print.

"Chance of" and "possibility" appear multiple times.

But, but imminently yea?
A message for the management of ITFC on 22:03 - Dec 17 with 941 viewsPlums

Could you link to the 80% Cook out poll please because I can’t see it?
I don’t recall a clamour, in fact I think most were desperate for him to succeed but many feared the signs were that it wasn’t going to happen.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:09 - Dec 17 with 938 viewsjeera

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:03 - Dec 17 by Plums

Could you link to the 80% Cook out poll please because I can’t see it?
I don’t recall a clamour, in fact I think most were desperate for him to succeed but many feared the signs were that it wasn’t going to happen.

He's set his stall out and is keen to stand by it regardless.

Absolute pointless assault on the forum and its members.

If it's that bad maybe there are others available he can infiltrate instead.

Or maybe look to the top of the page and throw in a few quid to the fundraiser there.

Login to get fewer ads

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 947 viewsPhilTWTD

The poll you mention asked whether it was the right decision to get rid of Cook after he'd been sacked and it wasn't as high as 80 per cent:
The right decision to sack Paul Cook? by PhilTWTD 4 Dec 2021 19:37
[poll_3777]

I don't recall any big clamour for Cook to be sacked, which was why it came as a surprise. There were one or two posters who felt he should go but it was far from the overwhelming clamour that there was with Mick or Lambert.

People are allowed to have opinions on managers though, it comes with the territory. That doesn't constitute 'assassination'.

If ownerships are taking that much notice of fans, whether on forums, Twitter or in the stands, then their level of governence leaves an awful lot to be desired. No one should run a club in that way. And I'd be amazed if posts on here had anything to do with PC's sacking.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A message for the management of ITFC on 22:13 - Dec 17 with 933 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A message for the management of ITFC on 21:52 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you think your quoted 80% opposition to Cook on here (I don't think it was anything like as clear-cut one-sided as that) is anomalous or reflective of the general fan view? What makes you decide which it is? If it is reflective of the general view, why do you think the owners listen to here and not a more general view?

What makes you decide that the owners are driven entirely by fan views and not their own sight of what is going on anyway?

As for your first statement, Gav's comment is not contradictory. He is saying it is rare and gets dealt with and so not prevalent on here at all.

The poll was 73% of TWTD members thought sacking Cook was the right decision. https://www.twtd.co.uk/members//polls/3777/the-right-decision-to-sack-paul-cook
And apologies to Gav and Phil, I was replying to Phil's message.
I don't decide that the owners are driven by fan views - but there have been numerous posts in recent weeks that claim that the management are now listening to the fans on the forums. The entire thrust of my point is that if there's any truth to that, it would be a sorry state of affairs. As for the contradiction, maybe you need to re-read it. .

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:18 - Dec 17 with 923 viewschrismakin

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:13 - Dec 17 by LegendofthePhoenix

The poll was 73% of TWTD members thought sacking Cook was the right decision. https://www.twtd.co.uk/members//polls/3777/the-right-decision-to-sack-paul-cook
I don't decide that the owners are driven by fan views - but there have been numerous posts in recent weeks that claim that the management are now listening to the fans on the forums. The entire thrust of my point is that if there's any truth to that, it would be a sorry state of affairs. As for the contradiction, maybe you need to re-read it. .

Lol you are brilliant.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:21 - Dec 17 with 918 viewsfooters

Maybe being 11th in the table and having scraped a draw with Barrow was the reason Cook was sacked and not an internet forum poll? Have you considered this possibility?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:29 - Dec 17 with 909 viewsHerbivore

Go to bed, you're drunk.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:42 - Dec 17 with 888 viewsNthQldITFC

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:10 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

The poll you mention asked whether it was the right decision to get rid of Cook after he'd been sacked and it wasn't as high as 80 per cent:
[poll_3777]

I don't recall any big clamour for Cook to be sacked, which was why it came as a surprise. There were one or two posters who felt he should go but it was far from the overwhelming clamour that there was with Mick or Lambert.

People are allowed to have opinions on managers though, it comes with the territory. That doesn't constitute 'assassination'.

If ownerships are taking that much notice of fans, whether on forums, Twitter or in the stands, then their level of governence leaves an awful lot to be desired. No one should run a club in that way. And I'd be amazed if posts on here had anything to do with PC's sacking.

I sincerely hope that nobody, let alone the ownership, takes any notice of the sort of things I say. I certainly don't.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:43 - Dec 17 with 882 viewsjeera

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:42 - Dec 17 by NthQldITFC

I sincerely hope that nobody, let alone the ownership, takes any notice of the sort of things I say. I certainly don't.

I'm just going to jot that down.

It can be my new motto.

A message for the management of ITFC on 23:18 - Dec 17 with 854 viewsDubtractor

There have been posts from reknowned bullsh1t merchants claiming that, nothing else.

You are having an absolute mare here mate. You've slated the forum owners, the posters, you made up stuff to support your argument, and now you're quoting bullsh1t merchants to make a point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A message for the management of ITFC on 07:02 - Dec 18 with 778 viewsMullet

A message for the management of ITFC on 23:18 - Dec 17 by Dubtractor

There have been posts from reknowned bullsh1t merchants claiming that, nothing else.

You are having an absolute mare here mate. You've slated the forum owners, the posters, you made up stuff to support your argument, and now you're quoting bullsh1t merchants to make a point.

The idea that blokes who run massive pension funds, worked for big brands all around the world and the like listen to us as the driver of their decisions is hilarious.

Just because a few tantrum throwing idiots say so too. Beyond massaging PR, they are not going to risk millions on the say so of us scrotes are they? The lack of grip some people have because they backed Cook far too much is baffling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A message for the management of ITFC on 08:46 - Dec 18 with 742 viewsBluespeed225

A message for the management of ITFC on 11:45 - Dec 17 by marcus1642

No it is not. Nobody looks out for anyone, this is not a support group.

I did get some advice on ventilation once, that was nice.
A message for the management of ITFC on 09:52 - Dec 18 with 688 viewspennblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 07:02 - Dec 18 by Mullet

The idea that blokes who run massive pension funds, worked for big brands all around the world and the like listen to us as the driver of their decisions is hilarious.

Just because a few tantrum throwing idiots say so too. Beyond massaging PR, they are not going to risk millions on the say so of us scrotes are they? The lack of grip some people have because they backed Cook far too much is baffling.

When you say "listen to us as the driver of their decisions", I have not seen anyone say that.

But they must be aware of what is being said on forums, twitter and facebook groups. These US peeps are on social media so they will know what is being said. Brett is certainly on twitter and facebook, and those groups were pretty rancid prior to Cook's sacking.

Whether they were the 'main driver' of the decision to sack cook, it is very unlikely. It will likely be a combination of factors, results, maybe recruitment, maybe personalities, maybe control, maybe investor's feedback, and maybe fans reactions, both in the ground, and online.

But I think suggesting what fans are saying online has zero influence is wrong.

Would love to hear something from Paul Cook about his side of the story about what happened. Was it just a conversation that went wrong, things were said, or was it recruitment setup, or was it just Ashton's decision. Is it relevant? well it would certainly be interesting to know.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

A message for the management of ITFC on 09:54 - Dec 18 with 683 viewsMullet

A message for the management of ITFC on 09:52 - Dec 18 by pennblue

When you say "listen to us as the driver of their decisions", I have not seen anyone say that.

But they must be aware of what is being said on forums, twitter and facebook groups. These US peeps are on social media so they will know what is being said. Brett is certainly on twitter and facebook, and those groups were pretty rancid prior to Cook's sacking.

Whether they were the 'main driver' of the decision to sack cook, it is very unlikely. It will likely be a combination of factors, results, maybe recruitment, maybe personalities, maybe control, maybe investor's feedback, and maybe fans reactions, both in the ground, and online.

But I think suggesting what fans are saying online has zero influence is wrong.

Would love to hear something from Paul Cook about his side of the story about what happened. Was it just a conversation that went wrong, things were said, or was it recruitment setup, or was it just Ashton's decision. Is it relevant? well it would certainly be interesting to know.

Then you missed one of the funniest meltdowns in Twtd history that even blew Bully’s back catalogue out of the water for pomposity, arrogance and hypocrisy by a long chalk. I believe some people still have copies if you’re keenish to see it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A message for the management of ITFC on 09:59 - Dec 18 with 680 viewsChurchman

This has all the hallmarks of the old cliche when in hole, stop digging.

This forum is not toxic. There are plenty of people which don’t like my views and visa versa. It’s one of the good things about it. Different perspectives - it’s just views. Sometimes people ‘lose it’ a bit and sometimes people go OTT. But also, people can be kind, informative and helpful. It’s all things -and it’s very well run / administered too.

Did I think Cook took too much of a pasting too early? Yes, but that’s just my view and quite frankly the more I think about it the more I was wrong. He should have gone at the end of last season, with the gift of hindsight.

Does somebody at the club look at this, Twitter etc? I hope so. It’s a free source of information for them to ignore or otherwise.

Lastly, when a phrase like ‘with all due respect’ is used, it means the opposite. Just the same as ‘I don’t mean to be rude’. Not good.
A message for the management of ITFC on 10:00 - Dec 18 with 680 viewsnodge_blue

A message for the management of ITFC on 22:10 - Dec 17 by PhilTWTD

[poll_3777]

Do you think the forums get reviewed by someone at the club to gauge popular opinion?

That would be a bit dangerous for a number of reasons. But understandable.

If I was game changer and Id invested millions into a club Id probably be looking on here to see what the fan base thought.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

A message for the management of ITFC on 10:13 - Dec 18 with 651 viewspennblue

A message for the management of ITFC on 10:00 - Dec 18 by nodge_blue

Do you think the forums get reviewed by someone at the club to gauge popular opinion?

That would be a bit dangerous for a number of reasons. But understandable.

If I was game changer and Id invested millions into a club Id probably be looking on here to see what the fan base thought.

I think the other factor is that people are in general more negative than they are positive. Often using the internet to vent.

Also, it was pointed out to me that as only 3 out of 24 teams get promoted each season, football supporters are going to be unhappy about their teams performance the majority of the time.

So given that backdrop, then things are reasonably balanced.

But the OP point is that there are people that do jump onto the negative very quickly, and as soon as Cook has gone, Ashton has become the new target. So whilst the point was not well delivered, there was some substance to it. How do you moderate it? Well its very tough, I guess at least on here, there is moderation, whereas on facebook and twitter, things really did get rancid prior to Paul Cook's sacking, and there would be far less moderation on those platforms.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

A message for the management of ITFC on 10:26 - Dec 18 with 640 viewsGeoffSentence

I know what you mean, I am pretty sure that giant_ulla fellow is a nodger in disguise.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A message for the management of ITFC on 10:30 - Dec 18 with 617 viewsDyland

'All I would say is don't believe that posts on this forum mean anything, just focus on the job.'

Exactly. Not much need for your post really boss :)

As if the club takes this message board seriously or thinks it's somehow representative of the support base.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024