Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS 14:50 - Dec 20 with 3207 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Just tested positive on a LFT after feeling cold-like since yesterday. That's my Christmas getaway off. I knew I shouldn't have gone to PR on Saturday; I bet that's where I've caught it.

Following my recent struggles in the past few months, which I've posted about on here, I'm feeling really f**king fed up with life.

And probably more restrictions to come for us to 'look forward to'.

Someone end me please.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

FFS on 14:52 - Dec 20 with 2138 viewsKeno

Sorry to hear that Uesy, I'll sure you'll be ok

and you can always log into TWTD to cheer you up
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 15:10]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FFS on 14:53 - Dec 20 with 2129 viewsTractorCam

Chin up mate. Same with me, had a small cold on Thursday so did a test before football and said positive.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

FFS on 14:55 - Dec 20 with 2091 viewsstringy

That sucks, really sorry to hear. My wife is currently isolating (likely got it at the Charlton game, so a real doozy that evening was), but I thus far have tested negative, and can therefore go out and do the shopping etc.

I just hope you have others living with you who can help, and most importantly that you have mild symptoms (my wife's was a cold-like deal, and after 5 days is already getting her sense of taste/smell back).

Not much choice but to embrace the downtime; get chums to stock you up with food, drink, jigsaws and lay into the Wallace and Gromit / Aardman repeats this week, and look after yourself.

Post on here to keep in contact with all

good luck!
FFS on 14:59 - Dec 20 with 2021 viewsRozz

Sorry to hear that. No sense beating yourself up about going to the football. If you were already feeling bad yesterday it's highly likely you got it during the week some time.

As for your Christmas getaway, I'm similarly clinging onto a NYE booking with some close mates I've not seen for ages. I think mixing indoors will be on the naughty list by Dec 27th, so likely to miss out too.

You are far from alone.
FFS on 15:03 - Dec 20 with 1980 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry to hear that mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FFS on 15:08 - Dec 20 with 1937 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FFS on 15:03 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Sorry to hear that mate.

Appreciate the moral boosts from everyone :)

A bit of a childish and petulant reaction maybe... Although it would have been worse had I not waited an hour to come online and share.

FFS on 15:09 - Dec 20 with 1903 viewsWacko

As you've got a lot riding on it, it might be worth double checking with a PCR test

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

FFS on 15:09 - Dec 20 with 1902 viewsGuthrum

Sorry to hear that. Hope you don't develop any further symptoms. Just hunker down in the warm with some TV/internet/games/books for distraction. Also, do a PCR to confirm, if possible.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

FFS on 15:10 - Dec 20 with 1883 viewsDanTheMan

FFS on 15:08 - Dec 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

A bit of a childish and petulant reaction maybe... Although it would have been worse had I not waited an hour to come online and share.

It's annoying, especially over Christmas. I had a bit of a moan on here about getting Covid as well when I was pissed off.

Hope you feel better soon.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

FFS on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 1862 viewsPinewoodblue

FFS on 15:09 - Dec 20 by Wacko

As you've got a lot riding on it, it might be worth double checking with a PCR test

Are you not supposed to log your positive test and thus get instructed to do a PCR test.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don't worry about it mate.... on 15:13 - Dec 20 with 1859 viewsBloots

FFS on 15:08 - Dec 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

....I thew a massive hissy fit the other day because the wife had bought the wrong type of bog roll.

It's all relative!

Keep your chin up, things will get better, it's always darkest just before dawn, etc, etc.

As Dolly Parton said "if you want rainbows, you have to put up with the rain"......and people think she's just a big pair of.......

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

FFS on 15:13 - Dec 20 with 1845 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FFS on 15:12 - Dec 20 by Pinewoodblue

Are you not supposed to log your positive test and thus get instructed to do a PCR test.

I'm going for one at Copdock at 4.30.

FFS on 15:15 - Dec 20 with 1809 viewsPinewoodblue

FFS on 15:13 - Dec 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

Good man. When wife tested positive she received PCR result within 12 hours.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 15:17]

2023 year of destiny

FFS on 15:15 - Dec 20 with 1807 viewsKeno

If you see any potential new signings there can you let us know

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FFS on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 1768 viewsVaughan8

I would definitely get a PCR test done too though.

I'm sure you won't be the only one.
FFS on 15:22 - Dec 20 with 1740 viewsKropotkin123

Woke up with a sore throat and runny nose just now. Double vaccinated and have had the flu shot. Can't get tested, as would need to use public transport and risk infecting others. Feel good though, so will work from home. Annoyed as it means I need to isolate over Christmas holidays.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

FFS on 15:25 - Dec 20 with 1698 viewsRozz

FFS on 15:22 - Dec 20 by Kropotkin123

Woke up with a sore throat and runny nose just now. Double vaccinated and have had the flu shot. Can't get tested, as would need to use public transport and risk infecting others. Feel good though, so will work from home. Annoyed as it means I need to isolate over Christmas holidays.

If you order a PCR online now you'll likely have it by tomorrow. https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
FFS on 15:33 - Dec 20 with 1656 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Sorry to hear that. May be worth double checking with a PCR. I had a lat flow positive, did a PCR and came back negative. False positives can happen, may be worth checking

If not its not the end of the world, keep your head up and find something to focus on for 10 days!
FFS on 15:37 - Dec 20 with 1631 viewsSteve_M

That's probably a bit quick to be from Saturday so, if it's any consoltation, you might have missed the game and still had covid anyway.

You're quite entitled to have a moan on here, hopefully it's a mild case and you're over it quickly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

FFS on 15:49 - Dec 20 with 1575 viewsKentish_Tractor

As others have been saying, it's not official until you'd had your PCR result.

I took a risk of going out in central London (moved from Ipswich to East London in 2016) the weekend before this one for my birthday and unfortnately came down with syptoms last week and had the dreaded positive result confirmed yesterday via PCR - meaning I will no longer be able to visit Ipswich to spend Christmas with my family and I must now isolate (my girlfriend is even spending a few days away in a hotel while I isolate as we live in a 1-bed flat so she doesn't catch it too).

Just remember that you are not alone and virtually 100,000 people per day are going through exatly the same thing. So long as you are double-vaxed it really is like just a bad cold (at least mine has been anyway).

Get the Zoom/Skype/Whatever people use these days set up and take it easy. Stay positive - keep calm and carry on!

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

FFS on 15:58 - Dec 20 with 1518 viewsWeWereZombies

FFS on 15:15 - Dec 20 by Keno

If you see any potential new signings there can you let us know

Imagine noticing the badge that says 'Nurse Coppinger' as she thrusts a swab up your left nostril...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

FFS on 15:59 - Dec 20 with 1509 viewsSparky85

I’m exactly the same. Have been doing daily LFT’s and yesterdays came back positive. Went straight to copdock and awaiting PCR result. Feel bad as was at PR on Saturday so likely will have affected others, but all tests were negative until yesterday.

So Xmas is now a write off! A very depressing thought. I’d just say to anyone on here, don’t suffer in silence. If you’re struggling then reach out. I’ve had my own issues with lockdowns etc over the past 18 months and I know how valuable a friendly ear can be
FFS on 16:22 - Dec 20 with 1422 viewsPinewoodblue

FFS on 15:22 - Dec 20 by Kropotkin123

You can have a PCR test delivered to your door.

2023 year of destiny

FFS on 16:28 - Dec 20 with 1360 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is unlikely that the PCR will be negative (especially as you are symptomatic too). However, I have known one person to have several positive lateral flows and test negative with a PCR. Caused a quandary for her because the lateral flows are unsettling but the advice was that the PCR is more accurate and trumps the lateral flow (but to avoid visiting anyone at greater risk). Not great when teaching either but we have to trust the experts on it.

As for being unable to travel over Christmas, I hope you are able to rearrange the plans for not-too-distant future and that they work out even better than you had initially expected.

And if you do feel especially down, talk to someone. Talking is always good.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

FFS on 16:39 - Dec 20 with 1306 viewsStokieBlue

FFS on 16:28 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is unlikely that the PCR will be negative (especially as you are symptomatic too). However, I have known one person to have several positive lateral flows and test negative with a PCR. Caused a quandary for her because the lateral flows are unsettling but the advice was that the PCR is more accurate and trumps the lateral flow (but to avoid visiting anyone at greater risk). Not great when teaching either but we have to trust the experts on it.

As for being unable to travel over Christmas, I hope you are able to rearrange the plans for not-too-distant future and that they work out even better than you had initially expected.

And if you do feel especially down, talk to someone. Talking is always good.

The PCR will be more accurate (to the point where it won't be wrong if the individual has done the sampling correct).

The PCR works by using an enzyme to replicate any virus in the sample by up to a billion times so even if there is the slightest amount of covid it will be replicated into enough volume to be found in the sample.

LFT just relies on what was sampled from the individual hence won't be as accurate. False positives are fairly rare in LFT's though (about 1 in 1000) unless the person has previously had covid within 3 months and then there is usually more of a chance.

It's very strange they got several positive LFTs and then a negative PCR though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024