Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy 09:40 - Dec 30 with 2765 viewsHarryB

i thought last night Morsy was superb. when he is on it he is brilliant. keeps the ball well, wins the ball back well and not afraid to rattle the opposition. what pleased me the most last night was his grit and determination. especially at the end when he outmuscled two of their players and ran through on goal. I'm pleased as part of me did think that he may down-tool when cook left. keep it up skipper!
Morsy on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 2743 viewstazdac

Just wish he would learn how to shoot! :o)
Morsy on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 2717 viewstractorboy1978

Was clearly a ploy to get him playing further up the pitch last night too. He was box to box at times, loved to see it.
Morsy on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 2697 viewsOsborneOneNil

Morsy on 09:44 - Dec 30 by tractorboy1978

Was clearly a ploy to get him playing further up the pitch last night too. He was box to box at times, loved to see it.

Yeah thought the same. He was far more advanced.
Morsy on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 2527 viewsRomeo4

Morsy on 09:46 - Dec 30 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah thought the same. He was far more advanced.

And a mention for Evans too. He’s taken a bit of stick on here at times but he played with intelligence last night, filling gaps when needed and enabled Morsy to have a bigger influence on the game. Between them they controlled that central area for the most part. Very promising.
Morsy on 12:09 - Dec 30 with 2396 viewsJ2BLUE

I thought he struggled to be honest. The desire was definitely there though so anyone who was saying he would now throw in the towel because Cook has gone are completely wrong. Some promising signs from him though and if he can get back to good form it would be another major piece of the puzzle.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy on 12:16 - Dec 30 with 2364 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy on 10:49 - Dec 30 by Romeo4

And a mention for Evans too. He’s taken a bit of stick on here at times but he played with intelligence last night, filling gaps when needed and enabled Morsy to have a bigger influence on the game. Between them they controlled that central area for the most part. Very promising.

Thought that was Evans best game for some time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy on 12:26 - Dec 30 with 2325 viewsblueislander

Morsy on 12:16 - Dec 30 by GlasgowBlue

Thought that was Evans best game for some time.

Indeed. I posted at half time what a great game Evans was having. I think that it was in no measure due to his covering that allowed Morsy to play with more freedom.
Morsy on 13:20 - Dec 30 with 2213 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Morsy on 09:41 - Dec 30 by tazdac

Steady on. He’s only just found out how to make a forward pass! Give him a chance!
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy on 13:27 - Dec 30 with 2176 viewsChrisd

I see some were criticising him for the pass to Chaplin late on when it hit the post instead of taking it on himself. For me, I thought he made the right the decision especially with a clever disguised pass. It seems like some of our fans criticise him at the slightest mistake due to what PC said about him when he first signed and then use that against him if his display isn't faultless, which is rather embarrassing. There's no doubt he is a very good player, let him get on with his game and see what KM can get out of him because the glimpses he has shown he could be a wonderful player for us in L1 if allowed to blossom.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 13:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Morsy on 13:47 - Dec 30 with 2109 viewsKeaneish

Morsy on 12:09 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I thought he struggled to be honest. The desire was definitely there though so anyone who was saying he would now throw in the towel because Cook has gone are completely wrong. Some promising signs from him though and if he can get back to good form it would be another major piece of the puzzle.

No-one said he’d “throw in the towel”. I said, motivation is difficult when an inexperienced manager comes in no matter the professionalism especially if they don’t have credentials as good as someone you’re loyal to. This was based on experience playing with others, not supposition.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Morsy on 14:57 - Dec 30 with 2014 viewsJ2BLUE

Morsy on 13:47 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

No-one said he’d “throw in the towel”. I said, motivation is difficult when an inexperienced manager comes in no matter the professionalism especially if they don’t have credentials as good as someone you’re loyal to. This was based on experience playing with others, not supposition.

I wasn't talking about you but the fact you still think a first team coach from United wouldn't get the same level of respect as a lower league manager remains laughable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy on 15:27 - Dec 30 with 1957 viewsKeaneish

Morsy on 14:57 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I wasn't talking about you but the fact you still think a first team coach from United wouldn't get the same level of respect as a lower league manager remains laughable.

In my opinion, the fact you fail to note the difference and the step up from coaching to management is what’s laughable irrespective of coaching level and badges. It’s hardly absurd to recognise an established manager with honours as having a greater pedigree worthy of respect than a rookie.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Morsy on 17:29 - Dec 30 with 1841 viewsbackinbeige

Was Morsy ever likely to be called up to the Egypt squad for the Cup of Nations or has he thrown in the towel with international football? I don’t know much about the domestic players but looking at the Egypt squad announcement you’d have thought he’d be in with a shout, if only on the fringe?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/59818147

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Morsy on 17:38 - Dec 30 with 1804 viewstextbackup

Morsy on 09:41 - Dec 30 by tazdac

I wish our fans would learn to not shout shoooooot whenever anyone is with 45yards of the goal

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 19:26 - Dec 30 with 1680 viewsVaughan8

Morsy on 17:29 - Dec 30 by backinbeige

Was Morsy ever likely to be called up to the Egypt squad for the Cup of Nations or has he thrown in the towel with international football? I don’t know much about the domestic players but looking at the Egypt squad announcement you’d have thought he’d be in with a shout, if only on the fringe?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/59818147

I'm sure a lot of people on here thought he would be off to it.

Just googled this so I'm guessing he expected not to be in it
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kingfut.com/2021/11/30/sam-morsy-egypt-national
Morsy on 00:19 - Dec 31 with 1525 viewsDavoIPB

Morsy on 10:49 - Dec 30 by Romeo4

Yep Evans and Morsy superb all game yesterday. Evans controlled game in midfield. Calmly chested ball down on many occasions. Picked good passes as well.
Morsy on 00:47 - Dec 31 with 1510 viewsjeera

Morsy on 15:27 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

In my opinion, the fact you fail to note the difference and the step up from coaching to management is what’s laughable irrespective of coaching level and badges. It’s hardly absurd to recognise an established manager with honours as having a greater pedigree worthy of respect than a rookie.

To be fair you were also very keen to bang some drum about no one else on here but you ever having kicked a ball before in their lives.

Which just undermined everything else you said.

We live in a country with hundreds of thousands of football fans, most of whom had a ball virtually attached to their feet not long from birth.

Be it in the playground before school, break times, lunch-times, after school until being dragged in reluctantly by screaming parents, 52 weeks of the year; in the blazing heat, the freezing cold and the pouring rain. It's in our culture.

All you did there was show how out of touch you are with other people and how inward-looking some of your views are.

Fancy singling yourself out in such a way that you pretty much alienated every other person to ever have walked on grass in this country in order to justify your own ideas.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 0:49]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Morsy on 06:58 - Dec 31 with 1376 viewsblueislander

Morsy on 00:47 - Dec 31 by jeera

To be fair you were also very keen to bang some drum about no one else on here but you ever having kicked a ball before in their lives.

Which just undermined everything else you said.

We live in a country with hundreds of thousands of football fans, most of whom had a ball virtually attached to their feet not long from birth.

Be it in the playground before school, break times, lunch-times, after school until being dragged in reluctantly by screaming parents, 52 weeks of the year; in the blazing heat, the freezing cold and the pouring rain. It's in our culture.

All you did there was show how out of touch you are with other people and how inward-looking some of your views are.

Fancy singling yourself out in such a way that you pretty much alienated every other person to ever have walked on grass in this country in order to justify your own ideas.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 0:49]

Some bloke called Ramsey had his first stab at managing a football team when he was 35. That turned out quite well. Another bloke called Robson was about the same age , and had just one season of management behind him when he came to Ipswich. Initially he had some problems, but again it didn’t turn out too badly in the end.
Morsy on 11:57 - Dec 31 with 1119 viewsBluespeed225

going with another thread, has Aluko being up to speed helped him out? Doesn't have to worry about that area now, frees him up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024