Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye Boris… 21:19 - Jan 1 with 12339 viewsElderGrizzly

Bye bye Boris… on 19:24 - Jan 2 with 1495 viewsDarth_Koont

Bye bye Boris… on 19:15 - Jan 2 by WD19

….and Corbyns schizophrenia on the topic. Don’t forget that.

He was remain and reform and gave the EU 7/10.

Then he argued that we should respect the referendum vote. But when called on by a majority of his party members, the PLP and Starmer he argued their compromise position of a second vote on any agreed deal.

I don’t remember any actual schizophrenic changing of his personal position.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bye bye Boris… on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 1473 viewsZXBlue

Bye bye Boris… on 19:24 - Jan 2 by Darth_Koont

He was remain and reform and gave the EU 7/10.

Then he argued that we should respect the referendum vote. But when called on by a majority of his party members, the PLP and Starmer he argued their compromise position of a second vote on any agreed deal.

I don’t remember any actual schizophrenic changing of his personal position.

he was not remain. He was purposely non committal and could have swayed the vote, imo, with a positive campaign to bring in disillusioned labour voters.
Bye bye Boris… on 19:36 - Jan 2 with 1442 viewsDarth_Koont

Bye bye Boris… on 19:27 - Jan 2 by ZXBlue

he was not remain. He was purposely non committal and could have swayed the vote, imo, with a positive campaign to bring in disillusioned labour voters.

That’s a bit of a lazy portrayal if we’re being honest.

Who was running Labour’s official Remain campaign? How many times was the Labour leader interviewed on TV? Which events did Corbyn skip? Did he really go on a holiday for a week or was it a long weekend?

I’m much more of a Remainer than Corbyn but people undoubtedly made him a target for blame because he was already in their sights.

How did the rest of the flag-waving Remain campaign go? Pretty shyte, again if we’re being honest.

On a related note, the big brains of our politics are really pretty thick. Mainly because they’re in their own snug bubble.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bye bye Boris… on 21:33 - Jan 2 with 1362 viewsHARRY10

Bye bye Boris… on 19:10 - Jan 2 by tractordownsouth

Biggest mistake was Labour not backing May’s deal once they got the concessions.

That, I'm afraid, falls into the soft brexit myth. That somehow there is a middle way - a sort of half pregnant.

What May (a Remainer) came up against was the immovable force of the Good Friday agreement. Something that would mean there would have to be a border in either NI, the UK or down the middle of the Irish Sea.

What Johnson came up with was the cunning plan - simply lie. It had worked every other time (apart from all the rimes it did not). Lie and worry about if later. You will have won the election and it can sort itself out.

Two years on and nothing he promised has happened - but pretty much all that Remainers warned about has happened. Some rather bluntly stated that the only way leavers would grasp what they were letting them and the rest of us in for would be the hard way.

We have yet to see much in the way of the long term effects (for obvious reasons). Covid has masked much of it. When farmers are talking of not planting so much in the way of crops, and turkeys producers won't be rearing so many turkeys this will not hurt as much of the work is done by migrant labour. It is only when seen in the light of other industries moving abroad that it will be noticed.

What need to be done is not headlines in the Daily Mail, but a conversation and eventually action which would cause mass hysteria to its readers.

The offers to increase wages has not attracted UK workers - so it is not this undercutting wages myth that is the problem. It is one of housing. Try selling your house 'oop north' and moving down south where there is work. Living in a three bed council house 'oop north' and there is virtually no chance of you moving below Watford Gap.

We are wasting over £100 bn, and it will be far more, on what is already a white elephant. Something so out of date it shows what thinking there is. Or actually known, as Johnson is beholden to the US company with a big contract.

This absurdity is due to be finished in early 2030s. More than a decade hence ! To cut 20 minutes if travel time between to places. Look at the advancements in online work. Why should anybody be travelling huge distances when much ALREADY can be done over the Internet. What will another 12-15 years progress bring ?

Unfortunately, for many reasons, we have a populace wishing to cling to the past, rather than embrace the future.

And Jihnson is just the man for that job.
Bye bye Boris… on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 1322 viewsvapour_trail

Bye bye Boris… on 19:27 - Jan 2 by ZXBlue

I’m not a corbyn man like koont, but this is pure horsesh1t.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bye bye Boris… on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 1306 viewsEdwardStone

Bye bye Boris… on 22:09 - Jan 2 by vapour_trail

And this is the nub about Leadership...it is a skill, a quality

As a friend of mine once said

"There is more to being a Concert Pianist than owning a Grand Piano"

Corbyn was abject as a Leader... he just didn't have the skillset
Bye bye Boris… on 22:14 - Jan 2 with 1300 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bye bye Boris… on 21:33 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

That, I'm afraid, falls into the soft brexit myth. That somehow there is a middle way - a sort of half pregnant.

What May (a Remainer) came up against was the immovable force of the Good Friday agreement. Something that would mean there would have to be a border in either NI, the UK or down the middle of the Irish Sea.

What Johnson came up with was the cunning plan - simply lie. It had worked every other time (apart from all the rimes it did not). Lie and worry about if later. You will have won the election and it can sort itself out.

Two years on and nothing he promised has happened - but pretty much all that Remainers warned about has happened. Some rather bluntly stated that the only way leavers would grasp what they were letting them and the rest of us in for would be the hard way.

We have yet to see much in the way of the long term effects (for obvious reasons). Covid has masked much of it. When farmers are talking of not planting so much in the way of crops, and turkeys producers won't be rearing so many turkeys this will not hurt as much of the work is done by migrant labour. It is only when seen in the light of other industries moving abroad that it will be noticed.

What need to be done is not headlines in the Daily Mail, but a conversation and eventually action which would cause mass hysteria to its readers.

The offers to increase wages has not attracted UK workers - so it is not this undercutting wages myth that is the problem. It is one of housing. Try selling your house 'oop north' and moving down south where there is work. Living in a three bed council house 'oop north' and there is virtually no chance of you moving below Watford Gap.

We are wasting over £100 bn, and it will be far more, on what is already a white elephant. Something so out of date it shows what thinking there is. Or actually known, as Johnson is beholden to the US company with a big contract.

This absurdity is due to be finished in early 2030s. More than a decade hence ! To cut 20 minutes if travel time between to places. Look at the advancements in online work. Why should anybody be travelling huge distances when much ALREADY can be done over the Internet. What will another 12-15 years progress bring ?

Unfortunately, for many reasons, we have a populace wishing to cling to the past, rather than embrace the future.

"Unfortunately, for many reasons, we have a populace wishing to cling to the past, rather than embrace the future."

Tell us of these sunlit uplands of which you speak Harry.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bye bye Boris… on 22:19 - Jan 2 with 1262 viewsfooters

Bye bye Boris… on 22:09 - Jan 2 by vapour_trail

If anything, Corbyn (regardless of any history) would have pushed the vote in the other direction.

He was totally hamstrung by the Brexit vote as Labour leader. Why anyone thinks differently I have no idea. And to suggest he could've swung it for Remain is a possible case for sectioning.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye Boris… on 22:21 - Jan 2 with 1259 viewsfooters

Bye bye Boris… on 22:14 - Jan 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Unfortunately, for many reasons, we have a populace wishing to cling to the past, rather than embrace the future."

Tell us of these sunlit uplands of which you speak Harry.

The present's looking good isn't it, Bankster? What new-found freedoms are you enjoying most? And when can we expect this dividend? Hope it's soon - would certainly come in handy right now.

Bye bye Boris… on 22:28 - Jan 2 with 1249 viewsGeomorph

Bye bye Boris… on 21:33 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

I can’t actually believe a human spent 90 seconds of their life penning such utter sh1te.
Bye bye Boris… on 22:51 - Jan 2 with 1220 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bye bye Boris… on 22:21 - Jan 2 by footers

The present's looking good isn't it, Bankster? What new-found freedoms are you enjoying most? And when can we expect this dividend? Hope it's soon - would certainly come in handy right now.

Well I've been able to put my rates up but as ever it's all still shades of sh1t Footers old bean. But I am just curious about the leftist globalist Utopia towards which we were heading before.

Bye bye Boris… on 23:00 - Jan 2 with 1190 viewsjeera

Bye bye Boris… on 22:51 - Jan 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well I've been able to put my rates up but as ever it's all still shades of sh1t Footers old bean. But I am just curious about the leftist globalist Utopia towards which we were heading before.

"But I am just curious about the leftist globalist Utopia towards which we were heading before."

What does this sentence have to do with Brexit?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bye bye Boris… on 23:04 - Jan 2 with 1176 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bye bye Boris… on 23:00 - Jan 2 by jeera

"But I am just curious about the leftist globalist Utopia towards which we were heading before."

What does this sentence have to do with Brexit?

Ask Harry!

(In my opinion the EU is an institution more concerned with greasing the wheels of global Capitalism for the benefit of the 0.1% than looking after their grateful plebs but others obviously see it differently.....I also have no faith that it could be reformed from within.)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:12]

Bye bye Boris… on 23:17 - Jan 2 with 1153 viewsfooters

Bye bye Boris… on 22:51 - Jan 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Great, your newly improved rates should be able to offset the rise in prices of many imported products and help you travel abroad at much the same price as it was pre-Brexit. Shame not many can say the same.

What a victory.

Bye bye Boris… on 23:33 - Jan 2 with 1128 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bye bye Boris… on 23:17 - Jan 2 by footers

Great, your newly improved rates should be able to offset the rise in prices of many imported products and help you travel abroad at much the same price as it was pre-Brexit. Shame not many can say the same.

What a victory.

Grumpy old Footers!
There's no price on being honest to your truth old bean.....how are the markets?

Bye bye Boris… on 01:00 - Jan 3 with 1078 viewsHARRY10

Bye bye Boris… on 23:04 - Jan 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ask Harry!

(In my opinion the EU is an institution more concerned with greasing the wheels of global Capitalism for the benefit of the 0.1% than looking after their grateful plebs but others obviously see it differently.....I also have no faith that it could be reformed from within.)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:12]

yeh, what have rhe romans ever done for us

The EU and their ruddy driving up standards, better working conditions , better pay and conditions

Why, they're even improving animal welfare as well as food quality - to say nothing of removing roaming charges

Environmental protection - cleaner air and beaches.

Equality in the workplace, working time directive, the Erasmus programme

All of which the leave campaign has opposed, and at the behest of their masters, want rid of. Cutting wages and standards will allow the UK to be competitive - against Bangladesh.
Bye bye Boris… on 01:03 - Jan 3 with 1077 viewsHARRY10

Bye bye Boris… on 23:33 - Jan 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Grumpy old Footers!
There's no price on being honest to your truth old bean.....how are the markets?

'how are the markets ?'

Those we have to assume are the ones that benefit the plebs, not

" the EU is an institution more concerned with greasing the wheels of global Capitalism for the benefit of the 0.1% than looking after their grateful plebs "

I don't think you have quite thought this through..........................as usual.
Bye bye Boris… on 01:14 - Jan 3 with 1055 viewsXYZ

Bye bye Boris… on 01:03 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

'how are the markets ?'

" the EU is an institution more concerned with greasing the wheels of global Capitalism for the benefit of the 0.1% than looking after their grateful plebs "

I don't think you have quite thought this through..........................as usual.

Indeed. He comes across as a wannabee contrarian who doesn't have the bandwidth.
Bye bye Boris… on 08:03 - Jan 3 with 931 viewsGlasgowBlue

Certain TWTD posters: GB is obsessed by Corbyn. Shoehorning Corbyn into posts two years after he became an irrelevance.

Also certain TWTD posters: once again obsessing over Corbyn and shoehorning him into posts two years after he became an irrelevance.

It’s like Groundhog Day on here.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 8:07]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bye bye Boris… on 08:32 - Jan 3 with 902 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bye bye Boris… on 01:03 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

'how are the markets ?'

Whoosh!!

Bye bye Boris… on 13:30 - Jan 3 with 754 viewsHARRY10

Bye bye Boris… on 08:32 - Jan 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Whoosh!!

ah yes, the old

'I was being sarcastic' ploy

when someone has been caught out
Bye bye Boris… on 18:38 - Jan 3 with 631 viewschicoazul

Bye bye Boris… on 01:00 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

yeh, what have rhe romans ever done for us

The EU and their ruddy driving up standards, better working conditions , better pay and conditions

Why, they're even improving animal welfare as well as food quality - to say nothing of removing roaming charges

Environmental protection - cleaner air and beaches.

Equality in the workplace, working time directive, the Erasmus programme

All of which the leave campaign has opposed, and at the behest of their masters, want rid of. Cutting wages and standards will allow the UK to be competitive - against Bangladesh.

UK wages are rising, certainly at the lower end. I know home owning middle class professional class neolib angry about pet passports TWTD will have no idea about this but it’s true, and it’s a direct consequence of Brexit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bye bye Boris… on 18:48 - Jan 3 with 608 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bye bye Boris… on 18:38 - Jan 3 by chicoazul

UK wages are rising, certainly at the lower end. I know home owning middle class professional class neolib angry about pet passports TWTD will have no idea about this but it’s true, and it’s a direct consequence of Brexit.

"it’s a direct consequence of Brexit".

Nothing to do with Covid and some people having plenty of work in sectors where there is greatly increased demand due to Covid?

Please link the evidence for your assertion that Brexit is leading the wage rises as I haven't seen that argument personally.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bye bye Boris… on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 608 viewsXYZ

Bye bye Boris… on 18:38 - Jan 3 by chicoazul

Charts on ONS show a post-covid bounce back and then settling back into the long-term (i.e since 2001) trend ...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemplo
Bye bye Boris… on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 601 viewschicoazul

Bye bye Boris… on 18:48 - Jan 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

"it’s a direct consequence of Brexit".

Nothing to do with Covid and some people having plenty of work in sectors where there is greatly increased demand due to Covid?

Please link the evidence for your assertion that Brexit is leading the wage rises as I haven't seen that argument personally.

Why do you think the demand remains unfilled

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024