Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moaners... 08:08 - Feb 6 with 2146 viewsOriginalMarkyP

15 out of 21 pts.

Over a 46 game season that's 99 pts.

Just saying.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Moaners... on 08:11 - Feb 6 with 2132 viewsWD19

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your pov) we don’t get to play Gillingham 13 times a season.
Moaners... on 08:17 - Feb 6 with 2103 viewspennblue

There is no doubt, McKenna is getting a lot of beginners luck. 9 of those points under any normal situation would not be ours. But I would say, we are due some luck, and long may those balls keep hitting those posts!

Winning breeds confidence and if we can get a result Tuesday night, then next Saturday looks like a tasty fixture.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Moaners... on 08:49 - Feb 6 with 1992 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moaners... on 08:17 - Feb 6 by pennblue

There is no doubt, McKenna is getting a lot of beginners luck. 9 of those points under any normal situation would not be ours. But I would say, we are due some luck, and long may those balls keep hitting those posts!

Winning breeds confidence and if we can get a result Tuesday night, then next Saturday looks like a tasty fixture.

3 games missing our captain / best midfielder don't forget.

We've had years and years of turgid football and poor results, you can't expect KM to have us playing like Man City after 6 matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Moaners... on 09:01 - Feb 6 with 1950 viewsFrimleyBlue

Moaners... on 08:49 - Feb 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

We've had years and years of turgid football and poor results, you can't expect KM to have us playing like Man City after 6 matches.

No one expects it tbh. But this missing Morsy issue. With his record we are going to have stages of not having him available, we can't be a one man team especially when you've got 5 other cms to choose.

It's concerning the likes of Chaplin felt last weeks performance was of good quality. It was anything but and slightly concerning that he thinks that was a good performance.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Moaners... on 09:09 - Feb 6 with 1919 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were promised 100 points though. BOO McKenna out. Is Megson available?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moaners... on 09:17 - Feb 6 with 1909 viewslazyblue

Moaners... on 08:17 - Feb 6 by pennblue

How was yesterday lucky?we kept working away and eventually broke through a team fighting hard under a very good new manager. It was pretty we are still learning a new system.
Moaners... on 09:22 - Feb 6 with 1880 viewsTractorJack

Don't fall in to the trap of only focusing on results and ignoring performances. You'll only be disappointed.
Moaners... on 09:30 - Feb 6 with 1826 views_sanctimoanious_

Moaners... on 09:22 - Feb 6 by TractorJack

Don't fall in to the trap of only focusing on results and ignoring performances. You'll only be disappointed.

I believe it’s fine to enjoy results and critique performances.
Login to get fewer ads

Moaners... on 09:47 - Feb 6 with 1757 viewsChurchman

Moaners... on 09:17 - Feb 6 by lazyblue

How was yesterday lucky?we kept working away and eventually broke through a team fighting hard under a very good new manager. It was pretty we are still learning a new system.

63% possession - booooo. Why wasn’t it 99%? It’s only Gillingham.

As for a certain poster suggesting Chaplin was rubbish, he scored the winning goal. If we had players who did that every week, I’d be happy.

So a disappointing performance but 5 wins in 7 is good. I don’t care that some of the sides were not the strongest. You still have to beat them - something that they needed to do in Aug/Sept and failed dismally at. 4 of the 7 games have been away from home too.

We are not the best team in the world, we probably won’t make the top six. That’s underachieving. But it isn’t KMs fault. We can only look forward. We are improving as a club and with hopefully some stability as a team.

People have short memories. Compared to this time last year, with our saviour Evans and Lambert, I’ll take that all day long.
Moaners... on 10:13 - Feb 6 with 1690 viewspennblue

I absolutely don't expect us to be playing like Man City after 6 matches. Km is going to be on a massive learning curve and if we are going down the 'new manager' route, we need to give him TIME. He is obviously a smart guy, so should be a fast learner.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Moaners... on 10:47 - Feb 6 with 1630 viewsbilllm

Moaners... on 09:47 - Feb 6 by Churchman

63% possession - booooo. Why wasn’t it 99%? It’s only Gillingham.

As for a certain poster suggesting Chaplin was rubbish, he scored the winning goal. If we had players who did that every week, I’d be happy.

So a disappointing performance but 5 wins in 7 is good. I don’t care that some of the sides were not the strongest. You still have to beat them - something that they needed to do in Aug/Sept and failed dismally at. 4 of the 7 games have been away from home too.

We are not the best team in the world, we probably won’t make the top six. That’s underachieving. But it isn’t KMs fault. We can only look forward. We are improving as a club and with hopefully some stability as a team.

People have short memories. Compared to this time last year, with our saviour Evans and Lambert, I’ll take that all day long.

Have to agree on Chaplin, he does what he does scores goals, has returned us a few points this season, yesterday his first touch was dreadful even his goal, but he found the net, 9 goals from his position is a good return, long may he continue,
Moaners... on 10:50 - Feb 6 with 1622 viewsitfcsuth

I just can’t fathom or understand any level of negativity, it’s just head scratching.

5 wins out of 7 since taking over.

We are Ipswich Town in League 1 - not Barcelona from 2010.
Moaners... on 10:53 - Feb 6 with 1597 viewsJakeITFC

It feels quite a bit like the start we made under Lambert in our first season down here, winning lots of games but not playing particularly well.

Hopefully Morsy coming back in gives us the jolt we need, but we don’t look particularly convincing in defence or attack as it stands.
Moaners... on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 1584 viewsVaughan8

To be honest, from what I've read and seen, we have had some results where it could have gone either way and we've come out on top, which is good. However the performances on the whole don't seem to be that good/dominant/better.

The main difference is, we aren't letting in many goals. 4 clean sheets in 7. Earlier in the season we were free scoring, but letting in 2 a game.

I'm not expecting miracles and stopping other teams scoring is a good starting point. However, 2 of those was against Gillingham.

Yes 63% possession yesterday but we all know that means jack. They had more shots than us yesterday.........again out of context it means nothing.

As long as there is some sort of progress, I'm happy. McKenna needs the summer to sort this team out to what he wants but I don't think too many changes are needed
Moaners... on 11:01 - Feb 6 with 1567 viewsjayessess

Moaners... on 10:47 - Feb 6 by billlm

Have to agree on Chaplin, he does what he does scores goals, has returned us a few points this season, yesterday his first touch was dreadful even his goal, but he found the net, 9 goals from his position is a good return, long may he continue,

I wonder if we wouldn't be better off telling Chaplin not to join in with building our play so much and concentrate on affecting the game in/near the box. Celina and Aluko are much better at retaining the ball, playing between the lines, linking the midfield and attack.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 11:02]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Moaners... on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 1536 viewstractorboy1978

Moaners... on 11:01 - Feb 6 by jayessess

I wonder if we wouldn't be better off telling Chaplin not to join in with building our play so much and concentrate on affecting the game in/near the box. Celina and Aluko are much better at retaining the ball, playing between the lines, linking the midfield and attack.

He's the man you want it dropping to in and around the box, Cook said he's the best finisher he's ever worked with and you can see why. He's been clinical this season without having an abundance of chances created for him.
Moaners... on 11:14 - Feb 6 with 1517 viewsjayessess

Moaners... on 11:07 - Feb 6 by tractorboy1978

He's the man you want it dropping to in and around the box, Cook said he's the best finisher he's ever worked with and you can see why. He's been clinical this season without having an abundance of chances created for him.

Indeed and whilst his general link play isn't up to Celina or Aluko's standards, it's better than Pigott and Norwood, he can drop a shoulder and go past someone, he can make an incisive pass and he is quick enough to get in behind. He's also surprisingly competitive in aerial duels.

The trouble I saw against Wednesday with the 3-4-2-1 was that we had him going deep to collect the ball and Celina marked out of the game, with neither of them getting close enough to.Bonne.

Moaners... on 12:17 - Feb 6 with 1453 viewsbilllm

Moaners... on 11:01 - Feb 6 by jayessess

Not a bad shout, he knows where the net is, maybe Murphy Sears roll big man little man for the knock downs,
Moaners... on 12:36 - Feb 6 with 1413 viewsFightingEssex

Lambert got those numbers with a fit team at the start of 2019.

You don’t play Gillingham every week. We looked terrible against Bolton and Wednesday and I expect we’ll lose points against better teams until the summer when we can get rid of the passengers and bring in some players with the desire to win and go up.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Moaners... on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 1408 viewsFightingEssex

Morsy isn’t a very good player. The midfield was just as bland, backwards and one dimensional as it was with him playing. Hes a Poundland Skuse with an attitude problem, but I realise it will take another season before some supporters realise that.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Moaners... on 12:49 - Feb 6 with 1374 viewsjayessess

Moaners... on 12:38 - Feb 6 by FightingEssex

Morsy isn’t a very good player. The midfield was just as bland, backwards and one dimensional as it was with him playing. Hes a Poundland Skuse with an attitude problem, but I realise it will take another season before some supporters realise that.

I don't know who you've been watching in L1 that you think Morsy isn't very good for us at this level.

Skuse-like isn't an insult, he was a mainstay of top half Championship teams at his peak. We wish.

Moaners... on 12:58 - Feb 6 with 1360 viewspositivity

totally agree, thought you can bet there'd be a lot of yeahbut-ery from the likes of the op about the opposition if it had happened under the last manager!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Moaners... on 18:07 - Feb 6 with 1201 viewsDavoIPB

Morsy is a really good player at this level. He totally runs some games. Gets from box to box. Makes things happens. Big miss when he is not playing. We look lost in midfield without him. Skuse was a very good defensive midfield player when he joined us but never posed a threat going forward.
Moaners... on 19:11 - Feb 6 with 1109 viewsRyorry

Bonkers

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Moaners... on 19:53 - Feb 6 with 1019 viewsCuffy81

I don't think anyone is moaning about the results, they have been very good and much welcomed, it's about time we had a new manager bounce.

However you can understand the frustration with yesterday in particular, we overplayed, wanted too many touches and looked arrogant at times like we thought we could pass them off the pitch and that would be enough.

Mckenna clearly wants possession and control within games but at times it felt like passing for passing sake, neither Evans or Carroll were prepared to carry the ball and it all came predictable and everything was infront of Gillingham.

Big performance needed on Tuesday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024