Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy's return... 16:10 - Feb 6 with 2301 viewsnorfsufblue

Just a thought but wondered if we should consider leaving the captaincy with Fridge for the time being as he doesn't really need the hassle of "leading from the front" as he returns with a spotlight on his disciplinary record... especiallyas it usually involves more general contact with the ref... maybe just let him get a grip of the midfield and concentrate on staying out of trouble??
Morsy's return... on 16:16 - Feb 6 with 2248 viewsFightingEssex

I don’t particularly rate Morsy as the performances are much the same with or without him, however it makes no sense to change captaincy in the middle of the season. In the summer things may change, Janoi as a senior player would have a fair shout, in terms of personality, passion and drive along with leadership qualities then if Bonne joined he’d also be a good candidate but leave it as is until the end of the season. If we finish around 9th the myth around some of these players will have been broken and an honest assessment of the failure can take place then.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Morsy's return... on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 2224 viewsquad

Not for me. Fridge has made lots of mistakes recently. Mostly since he's been captain but not sure if that's just a coincidence.

Morsy won't change. He's a sh*thouse. But he's OUR sh*thouse. Don't try to take away the sh*thousery, we NEED it
Morsy's return... on 16:22 - Feb 6 with 2193 viewsnorfsufblue

Morsy's return... on 16:19 - Feb 6 by quad

Not for me. Fridge has made lots of mistakes recently. Mostly since he's been captain but not sure if that's just a coincidence.

Morsy won't change. He's a sh*thouse. But he's OUR sh*thouse. Don't try to take away the sh*thousery, we NEED it

Fair enough, just a lazy Sunday afternoon musing..... you may be right, might have affected Fridge adversely as you say
Morsy's return... on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 2172 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy's return... on 16:16 - Feb 6 by FightingEssex

I don’t particularly rate Morsy as the performances are much the same with or without him, however it makes no sense to change captaincy in the middle of the season. In the summer things may change, Janoi as a senior player would have a fair shout, in terms of personality, passion and drive along with leadership qualities then if Bonne joined he’d also be a good candidate but leave it as is until the end of the season. If we finish around 9th the myth around some of these players will have been broken and an honest assessment of the failure can take place then.

I am sure you could be more negative if you really tried.

I am sure you said performances were getting worse which is in direct contrast to the performances being the same with or without Morsy.

I can't quite recall why I at one point decided you are not a troll.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Morsy's return... on 16:27 - Feb 6 with 2146 viewsquad

You really don't think that the performances have been better with Morsy in the team? Seriously? You're entitled to your opinion, but I doubt there are many others that would agree with you.
Morsy's return... on 16:30 - Feb 6 with 2124 viewsBlueBadger

Which returning Budgie is this one then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy's return... on 16:33 - Feb 6 with 2105 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy's return... on 16:30 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

Which returning Budgie is this one then?

From the username I would suggest it might be a ColU fan but just a guess.

Morsy's return... on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 2087 viewssolemio

Morsy's return... on 16:25 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sure you could be more negative if you really tried.

I am sure you said performances were getting worse which is in direct contrast to the performances being the same with or without Morsy.

I can't quite recall why I at one point decided you are not a troll.

Troll? What do you mean?

Admittedly he does live under a bridge north of Trondheim.
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy's return... on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 2008 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy's return... on 16:33 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm going with that HaynesToe weirdo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy's return... on 16:49 - Feb 6 with 1998 viewspositivity

Morsy's return... on 16:33 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

why would col u hate us after we'd gifted them all those proper blokes in chambo, skusey, huws, sears et al?

ah, the league table might explain it...

in which case i can excuse fighty letting off a little steam

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Morsy's return... on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 1947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy's return... on 16:49 - Feb 6 by positivity

why would col u hate us after we'd gifted them all those proper blokes in chambo, skusey, huws, sears et al?

ah, the league table might explain it...

in which case i can excuse fighty letting off a little steam

ColU have always hated us. Many of us like them as a second team which only makes their hatred of us worse! They want more of a rivalry with us and are frustrated that our rivalry is with the budgies instead.

I do wonder what their fans who despise us think of their current team!

Morsy's return... on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 1890 viewsSharkey

R.e. The idea that Bonne could be captain.

It seems very unusual for a forward to be captain. I guess Shearer was (am I right ? ) but I can’t think of many others . Was Bobby Robson captain at Fulham, or WBA? Have Town ever had a forward as captain?

It’s a strange thing, but captains tend to play in the positions where they are most likely to pick up suspensions and hence be absent.
Morsy's return... on 17:24 - Feb 6 with 1810 viewsChurchman

I’m assuming you are West Ham, great season for your lot. If it’s Norwich, we’ll done on giving it a go.
Morsy's return... on 18:06 - Feb 6 with 1705 viewsDeano69

Quite the opposite for me. Seems like being the captain has had an adverse effect on Edmundsons game

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Morsy's return... on 18:18 - Feb 6 with 1677 viewsbadadski

Morsy's return... on 17:02 - Feb 6 by Sharkey

R.e. The idea that Bonne could be captain.

It seems very unusual for a forward to be captain. I guess Shearer was (am I right ? ) but I can’t think of many others . Was Bobby Robson captain at Fulham, or WBA? Have Town ever had a forward as captain?

It’s a strange thing, but captains tend to play in the positions where they are most likely to pick up suspensions and hence be absent.

Harry Kane and Christiano Ronaldo
Morsy's return... on 20:34 - Feb 6 with 1428 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans was captain yesterday.
Morsy's return... on 20:37 - Feb 6 with 1406 viewsDavoIPB

No!
Morsy's return... on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 1274 viewsBlueStreak

Morsy's return... on 20:34 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

Evans was captain yesterday.

Why did Fridge lead the team out with the armband on then? Evans was one of the last out. Misunderstanding?
Morsy's return... on 21:54 - Feb 6 with 1205 viewsnoubledooble

Morsy's return... on 21:34 - Feb 6 by BlueStreak

Why did Fridge lead the team out with the armband on then? Evans was one of the last out. Misunderstanding?

Fridge definitely wore the captain’s armband all game and led the team out. I just watched town in 5 as I thought I’d missed something.
Morsy's return... on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 1131 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy's return... on 21:54 - Feb 6 by noubledooble

Fridge definitely wore the captain’s armband all game and led the team out. I just watched town in 5 as I thought I’d missed something.

Yep, I think Phil has made a mistake there.

Morsy's return... on 22:38 - Feb 6 with 1100 viewsPhilTWTD

Morsy's return... on 22:24 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yep, I think Phil has made a mistake there.

To be honest, I didn't really pay any attention to who was leading them out, just went by what the club site said beforehand.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/ipswich-vs-gillingham-team-news/
Morsy's return... on 23:58 - Feb 6 with 968 viewsSmithy

Morsy's return... on 22:38 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

To be honest, I didn't really pay any attention to who was leading them out, just went by what the club site said beforehand.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/ipswich-vs-gillingham-team-news/

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Morsy's return... on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 713 viewsPhilTWTD

Morsy's return... on 23:58 - Feb 6 by Smithy

I stand corrected. I just noticed there was no captain mentioned on the teamsheet which was given to the media.
Morsy's return... on 09:30 - Feb 7 with 683 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morsy's return... on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 683 viewsclive_baker

I don't think you should chop and change your captain unless it's an enforced change or something in particular isn't working. Your captain is your captain and it's important the squad are aware of that. Edmundson has had the armband in the absence of Morsy, and perhaps Evans, but if SM is available and selected for MK, which I imagien he will be, he should definitely be reinstated as skipper. We need a big 1/3 season from him now, and Edmundson can go back to focussing solely on his football.

On another note, does anyone get the impression Evans and Edmundson won't be on each others' Christmas card lists?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024