Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Western Hypocrisy 16:30 - Feb 10 with 3698 viewsblueasfook

Quote from Liz Truss - "not just a threat to European peace, security and democracy" but a threat to global security - and warns there could be "dire consequences" for all of the world if a sovereign country can be invaded without consequences.

I dont remember Russia coming out with this rhetoric when US and UK invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Why getting so hot under the collar about Ukraine.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2022 8:32]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Western Hypocrisy on 16:33 - Feb 10 with 2425 viewsElderGrizzly

Safe to say today has not gone well…

[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 16:35]
Western Hypocrisy on 16:38 - Feb 10 with 2392 viewsGuthrum

Western Hypocrisy on 16:33 - Feb 10 by ElderGrizzly

Safe to say today has not gone well…

[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 16:35]

Why do these people not do their blinking homework? It doesn't take much to find this stuff out. Or just ask someone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Western Hypocrisy on 16:40 - Feb 10 with 2380 viewsITFC_Cotton

So you think that the rest of the world should just let Russia bully it’s neighbours into giving up territory? What exactly do you expect the UK and US to say? That an invasion of Ukraine wouldn’t have dire consequences?
Western Hypocrisy on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 2354 viewsZx1988

Western Hypocrisy on 16:40 - Feb 10 by ITFC_Cotton

So you think that the rest of the world should just let Russia bully it’s neighbours into giving up territory? What exactly do you expect the UK and US to say? That an invasion of Ukraine wouldn’t have dire consequences?

You should at least have a working knowledge of geography if you're going to lecture the Russian foreign minister.

Also, a key word in this whole process is 'diplomacy'.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Western Hypocrisy on 16:47 - Feb 10 with 2315 viewsElderGrizzly

Western Hypocrisy on 16:38 - Feb 10 by Guthrum

Why do these people not do their blinking homework? It doesn't take much to find this stuff out. Or just ask someone.

She’s the worst and most incompetent FS in 50 years.

And in that time I’ve had Raab and Johnson as a boss
Western Hypocrisy on 16:49 - Feb 10 with 2293 viewsITFC_Cotton

Western Hypocrisy on 16:42 - Feb 10 by Zx1988

You should at least have a working knowledge of geography if you're going to lecture the Russian foreign minister.

Where in the post I’m replying to does it mention geography?
Western Hypocrisy on 16:59 - Feb 10 with 2262 viewsblueasfook

You do know half of the Ukrainian people actually want to be Russian?

You seem as poorly informed as Liz Truss

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Western Hypocrisy on 17:03 - Feb 10 with 2245 viewsMullet

Send her a DM mate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Western Hypocrisy on 17:11 - Feb 10 with 2213 viewsZx1988

Western Hypocrisy on 16:49 - Feb 10 by ITFC_Cotton

Where in the post I’m replying to does it mention geography?

It's all part of the general respect and diplomacy that is required in situations such as this.

What message does it give to the people you're working with in order to try and find a solution if you haven't even done your basic reading-up on the situation?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Western Hypocrisy on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 2181 viewsChe

Do some reading around the American-backed coup d'état in Ukraine in 2014. It wasn't Russian bullies that set fire to the Parliament Building. One of the first acts of the unelected government was to ban the Russian Language in a country where 25% of the countries population is their first language.
Western Hypocrisy on 17:37 - Feb 10 with 2164 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Western Hypocrisy on 16:47 - Feb 10 by ElderGrizzly

She’s the worst and most incompetent FS in 50 years.

And in that time I’ve had Raab and Johnson as a boss

Bloody hell. Having watched the car crash of inside the foreign office with Johnson at the helm I would have thought it impossible to get worse!

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Western Hypocrisy on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 2155 viewsEdmundo

Western Hypocrisy on 16:59 - Feb 10 by blueasfook

There's no excuse for Russia approaching this way, and it's purely a Putin c### k show ahead of elections.The other hypocrisy here is the lack of pressure on China regarding Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and the Uyghurs. I mean, not just one but 4 acts of state sponsored terrorism/genocide.
Ukraine is a sideshow in comparison.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Western Hypocrisy on 17:41 - Feb 10 with 2139 viewsSteve_M

Western Hypocrisy on 16:42 - Feb 10 by Zx1988

Are you sure you want to take claims from the Putin regime at face value?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Western Hypocrisy on 17:57 - Feb 10 with 2108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Western Hypocrisy on 16:59 - Feb 10 by blueasfook

Now that's not true is it?

The latest survey taken, just 3% of Ukrainians wanted to join the Russian Federation. Which is down from the 24% who were surveyed in 2009, a few years before Putin annexed the Crimea.

50% wanted closed borders with Russia compared with just 20% before the invasion.

now it's true that 29% of Ukrainians speak Russian. However 99% of The Republic of Ireland speak English. But I don't see them out on the streets inviting the English to come and incorporate them into the UK.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Western Hypocrisy on 18:00 - Feb 10 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

Western Hypocrisy on 17:41 - Feb 10 by Steve_M

Are you sure you want to take claims from the Putin regime at face value?

This is quite worrying that people are so anti-Tory that they are gloating about the rhetorical thuggery of a regime poised to invade a European democracy.

Iron Lion Zion

Western Hypocrisy on 18:16 - Feb 10 with 2026 viewsNthQldITFC

Perhaps NATO should give a commitment never to expand into states adjacent to Russia, so that there is always a neutral buffer zone?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Western Hypocrisy on 18:24 - Feb 10 with 1976 viewsGlasgowBlue

Western Hypocrisy on 18:16 - Feb 10 by NthQldITFC

Perhaps NATO should give a commitment never to expand into states adjacent to Russia, so that there is always a neutral buffer zone?

A sovereign country should be free to join whatever defence organisation it chooses.

Iron Lion Zion

Western Hypocrisy on 18:27 - Feb 10 with 1970 viewsjontysnut

I imagine a fairly lowly FO civil servant produced comprehensive lines to take on all these questions but Truss either can't be bothered to read or can't grasp the brief. It's embarrassing.
Western Hypocrisy on 18:44 - Feb 10 with 1943 viewsChurchman

Western Hypocrisy on 18:24 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

A sovereign country should be free to join whatever defence organisation it chooses.

Of course it should. But the Russians do not consider and ‘Slavic’ states sovereign. I doubt Poland is considered a sovereign country either.

Putin knows might is right. In my view he will continue to humiliate and will take precisely what he wants. Putin knows that whatever he does, there will be sabre rattling, wind and facial expressions from Biden and co. Pointless sanctions will be bigged up and the west will bury its head in the sand hoping Putin will make no more territorial claims.

I see on here comment about using diplomacy. Yeah, we saw how will that worked with the Litvinenko and Salisbury poisoning on U.K. soil and the limp response after they swallowed Crimea. The Russians don’t know the meaning of the word and don’t need to.
Western Hypocrisy on 18:48 - Feb 10 with 1930 viewsLord_Lucan

Western Hypocrisy on 18:00 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

This is quite worrying that people are so anti-Tory that they are gloating about the rhetorical thuggery of a regime poised to invade a European democracy.

I tend to stay off political threads on here as they are quite embarrassing really - but I have to say that Truss and Raab should not even be an PM, let alone front bench.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Western Hypocrisy on 18:55 - Feb 10 with 1905 viewsChurchman

Western Hypocrisy on 18:48 - Feb 10 by Lord_Lucan

I tend to stay off political threads on here as they are quite embarrassing really - but I have to say that Truss and Raab should not even be an PM, let alone front bench.

By and large I try to too these days - I only saw this because it’s on the football bit. I agree with you regarding Raab and Truss though. Useless. I’m amazed they can feed themselves (one of them can - I’ve seen Raab do it 😃). Sadly, they’re not alone.
Western Hypocrisy on 19:58 - Feb 10 with 1799 viewsBlueBadger

Western Hypocrisy on 17:33 - Feb 10 by Che

Do some reading around the American-backed coup d'état in Ukraine in 2014. It wasn't Russian bullies that set fire to the Parliament Building. One of the first acts of the unelected government was to ban the Russian Language in a country where 25% of the countries population is their first language.

Nice to have you back, CIL.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Western Hypocrisy on 20:22 - Feb 10 with 1736 viewsGlasgowBlue

Western Hypocrisy on 18:48 - Feb 10 by Lord_Lucan

I quite agree. That doesn't excuse people gloating at her humiliation at the hands of the Russian gangsters who call themselves a government.

Iron Lion Zion

Western Hypocrisy on 20:31 - Feb 10 with 1683 viewsjontysnut

Western Hypocrisy on 20:22 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

I quite agree. That doesn't excuse people gloating at her humiliation at the hands of the Russian gangsters who call themselves a government.

Not gloating just sad. It's not the Russians fault we have useless politicians.
Western Hypocrisy on 20:34 - Feb 10 with 1656 viewsMullet

Western Hypocrisy on 20:22 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

Is it not more worrying how believable it is for so many people?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024