Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell 16:25 - Feb 13 with 10604 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jamie Carragher: "You don't know actually what he's been through."

Graham Souness: "Not as much as the cat has been through".

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:12 - Feb 13 with 1466 viewseireblue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 18:42 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

How do you know it wasn’t? It doesn’t seem unreasonable to me to think the *entire world* seeing you be a complete idiot and the following inevitable opprobrium from, I am sure, people whose consciences are entirely clean, and their calling for the end of your livelihood, would be a very bad day and almost certainly the worst.
Note you mention money. Funny how so many of these arguments refer back to how much he earns.

Chico, I can only go by what you say, “.. their worst day was broadcast…”

What was broadcast was him kicking a cat.

You made the implication that him kicking a cat was his worst day.

Who knows, maybe there were some days when he had to kick the cat 3 times.

I know it can be difficult to be the contrarian all the time Chico, and you probably don’t necessarily realise when some one is making fun of you.

Yes, I am making specific fun of you and deriving humour from your poor phrasing, that tried to make a statement about people that clutch pearls. That’s the way I roll.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 19:15]
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:13 - Feb 13 with 1463 viewsZXBlue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 17:18 - Feb 13 by GlasgowBlue

This is where I have some sympathy with Callis. Substitute the cat for a child and he'd never play football in this country again.

But a cat is not a child. Sorry to be glib, but it is so obviously a false equivalence!
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:14 - Feb 13 with 1451 viewstextbackup

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 18:46 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

I’m surprised you and many other people think it’s so strange for me to feel sorry for him and his family over all this. He did something very dumb and callous and cruel; I feel sorry for him and his family. These are not opposing reactions.

Surprised?

If I ever up in crown court, and there is video evidence, I hope you are on the jury.

I’ve always wondered who these freaks are that support those that commit horrible crimes, and now I’ve found one

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:16 - Feb 13 with 1432 viewsSwailsey

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:13 - Feb 13 by ZXBlue

But a cat is not a child. Sorry to be glib, but it is so obviously a false equivalence!

There are a lot of similarities though:

1) Living, emotionally intelligent mammals
2) Defenceless
3) Require the care and supervision of adults

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:20 - Feb 13 with 1426 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:08 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

Gosh, I wonder how Chico ended up with a quote from a mass murdering terrorist in his profile sig?

Whilst you're here I don't suppose there's any chance you'll listen to requests to remove that signature?

It's sort of served its purpose and is just punishing someone for being a bit of an idiot.

But on top of that, when I use my tablet it takes some sodding scrolling down the page to the next post!

How was lunch? I was going to ask you about Wongs today but ended up cooking myself. Still interested to know for another time though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:22 - Feb 13 with 1401 viewseireblue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:16 - Feb 13 by Swailsey

2) Defenceless

“ People and cats have practically identical sections in the brain that control emotion.

We have a similar overall brain structure as well, according to Nicholas Dodman, BVMS, MRCVS, animal behavior chief at Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine in Boston. In both people and cats, the brain is composed of gray and white matter. Just like humans, cats have temporal, occipital, frontal and parietal lobes of their cerebral cortex. Each region is connected in the same way.

Cats seem to think in the same pattern as humans too, partly owing to the similarity of neurotransmitters, which are used in conveying data. Cats receive input from the basic five senses and process that data just as humans do.

Like us, cats have short- and long-term memory function.”

Darn, evolution is so bloody inconvenient at times.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:23 - Feb 13 with 1387 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:00 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s acceptable. It’s moronic and perhaps psychopathic.
What I don’t agree with is the glee some are taking in tearing the guy down.
Carragher is quite rightly saying “we don’t know what he’s been through” and Souness needlesss to say bats this off with a cheap joke. Our culture learns nothing. Imagine being Zouma right now, imagine the bullying his kids are going to get.

I think if this had been your first post you'd have received more agreement.

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:29 - Feb 13 with 1367 viewseireblue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:23 - Feb 13 by jeera

I think if this had been your first post you'd have received more agreement.

Well you know this place, some smartarse would have have asked for specific examples of people being gleeful.

And posted a helpful definition, a bit like this one for instance

Full of jubilant delight; joyful.
Merry; gay; joyous.
Exuberantly or triumphantly joyful.

Login to get fewer ads

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:31 - Feb 13 with 1355 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:29 - Feb 13 by eireblue

Well you know this place, some smartarse would have have asked for specific examples of people being gleeful.

And posted a helpful definition, a bit like this one for instance

Full of jubilant delight; joyful.
Merry; gay; joyous.
Exuberantly or triumphantly joyful.

Smartarse or some awkward sod?

You know what I mean!

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:38 - Feb 13 with 1331 viewsZXBlue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:22 - Feb 13 by eireblue

“ People and cats have practically identical sections in the brain that control emotion.

We have a similar overall brain structure as well, according to Nicholas Dodman, BVMS, MRCVS, animal behavior chief at Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine in Boston. In both people and cats, the brain is composed of gray and white matter. Just like humans, cats have temporal, occipital, frontal and parietal lobes of their cerebral cortex. Each region is connected in the same way.

Cats seem to think in the same pattern as humans too, partly owing to the similarity of neurotransmitters, which are used in conveying data. Cats receive input from the basic five senses and process that data just as humans do.

Like us, cats have short- and long-term memory function.”

Darn, evolution is so bloody inconvenient at times.

Doesnt change a thing. Cats are not humans.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:39 - Feb 13 with 1329 viewstampa_bay

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:16 - Feb 13 by Swailsey

2) Defenceless

All three of these also apply to ‘livestock’. Probably more so than cats actually.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:44 - Feb 13 with 1316 viewseireblue

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:38 - Feb 13 by ZXBlue

Doesnt change a thing. Cats are not humans.

Well, the thing is, no one has said that.

I was just adding a bit of meat to the bone of Swailsey’s post.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:46 - Feb 13 with 1311 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:39 - Feb 13 by tampa_bay

All three of these also apply to ‘livestock’. Probably more so than cats actually.

Anyone who's spent any time with sheep will know they're not the most pleasant of creatures.

More than happy to headbutt someone else's baby lamb and knock it flying with no consideration to its welfare if it's between them and food, or indeed, just in their path.

We do have a tendency to think some animals are nicer than they actually are.

There are also plenty who would eat you without a moment's thought if it came down to it.

We were brought up on Lassie et al and like to think there's a bit of that in all animals. There really isn't.

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:03 - Feb 13 with 1268 viewsbluelagos

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:46 - Feb 13 by jeera

Anyone who's spent any time with sheep will know they're not the most pleasant of creatures.

More than happy to headbutt someone else's baby lamb and knock it flying with no consideration to its welfare if it's between them and food, or indeed, just in their path.

We do have a tendency to think some animals are nicer than they actually are.

There are also plenty who would eat you without a moment's thought if it came down to it.

We were brought up on Lassie et al and like to think there's a bit of that in all animals. There really isn't.

This sheep is far from nice...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:07 - Feb 13 with 1255 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:03 - Feb 13 by bluelagos

Don't give up easily do they!

I've been harassed by a ram before and they can be nasty feckers.

In the same day I was attacked by a cockerel.

I'd have no qualms about eating either of those two.

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:11 - Feb 13 with 1245 viewsRyorry

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:03 - Feb 13 by bluelagos

Guessing that it's springtime & the ram is seeing the bike as a rival male 😂

Biker should have done at the outset what he did in the end, ie revved up & whizzed past it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:13 - Feb 13 with 1238 viewsronnyd

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:07 - Feb 13 by jeera

Always carry some mint sauce in your pocket.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:17 - Feb 13 with 1231 viewsbluelagos

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:07 - Feb 13 by jeera

Been chased by an alpaca, nasty fckers.

Also hid behind a tree once when a rutting deer was making a bit of noise, couldnt work out if he saw me as a rival or a conquest. Neither was a particularly pleasant option and he didnt look like he was much interested in foreplay tbh.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:37 - Feb 13 with 1209 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:17 - Feb 13 by bluelagos

Been chased by an alpaca, nasty fckers.

Also hid behind a tree once when a rutting deer was making a bit of noise, couldnt work out if he saw me as a rival or a conquest. Neither was a particularly pleasant option and he didnt look like he was much interested in foreplay tbh.

Getting followed and cornered by roos in Aus was pretty terrifying, as was getting dive bombed by a very territorial Canberra magpie.

Nothing brings on the fear and blind panic like a wasp though.
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:37 - Feb 13 with 1209 viewsSwailsey

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 19:39 - Feb 13 by tampa_bay

Yep. Which is also why you shouldn’t kick livestock,

Or people: or squash bugs etc.

Not hard is it?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:55 - Feb 13 with 1153 viewstampa_bay

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:37 - Feb 13 by Swailsey

Yep. Which is also why you shouldn’t kick livestock,

Or people: or squash bugs etc.

Not hard is it?

Got it.

Kicking - inhumane
Gassing - humane
Grinding - humane
Stunning - humane
Throat slitting - humane
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:57 - Feb 13 with 1144 viewsRyorry

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:55 - Feb 13 by tampa_bay

Got it.

Kicking - inhumane
Gassing - humane
Grinding - humane
Stunning - humane
Throat slitting - humane

Seriously - that's hardly what he was saying, was it (rhetororical question).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 21:01 - Feb 13 with 1134 viewsGeomorph

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 17:57 - Feb 13 by Garv

Souness said before the game that West Ham fans were 'salt of the earth' types who wouldn't stand for what he did....

Thanks Jamie… bit like the car full of people on the receiving end of his green, knarly blood spattered gob a couple of years ago. Utter t0sser
Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 21:02 - Feb 13 with 1137 viewsIllinoisblue

Souness on Sky saying “the cat’s done nothing wrong” in his angry rant was quite magnificent. Clearly if the cat had taken a s5it on the floor it would have deserved a boot.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 21:14 - Feb 13 with 1093 viewsjeera

Zouma has dropped out of the starting eleven due to feeling unwell on 20:37 - Feb 13 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Getting followed and cornered by roos in Aus was pretty terrifying, as was getting dive bombed by a very territorial Canberra magpie.

Nothing brings on the fear and blind panic like a wasp though.

I've come face to face with a kangaroo before.

Surprisingly large aren't they?

Btw, did you know it's been a year since you last wished me a happy birthday?

I mean, at least you bothered, but that's gone quickly huh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024