Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? 12:13 - Mar 14 with 3757 viewsGavTWTD

I fear it could be akin to liking battenburg but I love it. Just had a large brown barm with coronation chicken and some lettuce for texture.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 18:13 - Mar 14 with 848 viewsnodge_blue

Im with you.

Its only chicken, mayo and curry powder after all. Whats not to like?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 01:57 - Mar 15 with 801 viewsIPS_wich

Personally love it. Prefer it without sultanas, but will eat it with. Really like it with baby spinach and thinly sliced cucumber.

In Australia it's not really a thing - but what is a very common sandwich filling here is curried egg - essentially egg mayo but with curry powder mixed into the mayo. I will eat it as a last resort but it does ruin a good egg mayo sandwich.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 08:18 - Mar 15 with 771 viewsChurchman

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:33 - Mar 14 by jeera

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Chicken with lemon or orange.

Pretty much anything with lemon or orange.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 15:33]

Agree with this. Meat with fruit is sort of Mediterranean/Middle East/ North African fare - tagines etc. I really like it. For some reason the combo works.

Coronation chicken? I haven’t had it in years, but I don’t mind it. I would generally choose something else but it’s not the worst thing in the world.

It’s appearance, which always reminds me of a pavement splat of something you find outside the chippy on a Sunday morning, counts against it,
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 746 viewswkj

I like it much more without the fruit. So basically a curry mayo sarny at that point

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 09:58 - Mar 15 with 722 viewsKeno

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:33 - Mar 14 by jeera

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Chicken with lemon or orange.

Pretty much anything with lemon or orange.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 15:33]

To that list you can add

Salmon and Mango Curry

ham and pineapple pizza

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 10:05 - Mar 15 with 698 viewschicoazul

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:53 - Mar 14 by BlueBoots

Exhibit A, M'Lord...

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/iceland-coronation-chicken-180g/89685.html

The middle class definitely shop in Iceland why do you think Iceland has such a vast delivery network.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 11:08 - Mar 15 with 690 viewsChurchman

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 09:58 - Mar 15 by Keno

To that list you can add

Salmon and Mango Curry

ham and pineapple pizza

Poached salmon on pineapple rings. Now bear with me here, it’s a combo that sounds truly awful and when it was suggested I said ‘I’ll give it a go’, knowing there were back up crumpets in the cupboard.

It was delicious and really works. No idea why, but it does. Give it a go!
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 11:37 - Mar 15 with 673 viewsBigCommon

Love the stuff... Never, actually tried, to make it, myself, from scratch... But it's my "go to" , off the shelf, sandwich filler....
Login to get fewer ads

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 11:40 - Mar 15 with 671 viewsKeno

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 11:08 - Mar 15 by Churchman

Poached salmon on pineapple rings. Now bear with me here, it’s a combo that sounds truly awful and when it was suggested I said ‘I’ll give it a go’, knowing there were back up crumpets in the cupboard.

It was delicious and really works. No idea why, but it does. Give it a go!

oh that does sound rather good!!!

thanks

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:22 - Mar 15 with 663 viewsleitrimblue

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:32 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

Coronation chicken is definitely a middle class food.

It's not as middle class as quiche. Quiche eating is what we all aspire too.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:38 - Mar 16 with 589 viewsellaandred

Only if it's homemade (properly) not this commercial rubbish.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:41 - Mar 16 with 587 viewsfooters

This thread contains some deeply disturbed views on the best sandwich filling there is. And not only that, but some have seen it as an opportunity to knock haslet and praise that awful pink and yellow 'cake' thing...

Coronation chicken is fantastic, and it must include sultanas. Although I did once eat one and some misguided fool had swapped out the fruit for pieces of celery. An abomination.

Happy to set you all straight. Thanks for your time.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:44 - Mar 16 with 581 viewswkj

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:41 - Mar 16 by footers

This thread contains some deeply disturbed views on the best sandwich filling there is. And not only that, but some have seen it as an opportunity to knock haslet and praise that awful pink and yellow 'cake' thing...

Coronation chicken is fantastic, and it must include sultanas. Although I did once eat one and some misguided fool had swapped out the fruit for pieces of celery. An abomination.

I thought I managed to cleanse the board of your presence for good be enacting the 'WKJ leaves TWTD' misdirect protocol. It seems I was too confident, and you've now uncleansed the board with your ridiculous opinions... sultanas.

Go grab yourself a delicious pea omelet and get on my level.

Crybaby

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:49 - Mar 16 with 564 viewsfooters

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:44 - Mar 16 by wkj

I thought I managed to cleanse the board of your presence for good be enacting the 'WKJ leaves TWTD' misdirect protocol. It seems I was too confident, and you've now uncleansed the board with your ridiculous opinions... sultanas.

Go grab yourself a delicious pea omelet and get on my level.

Still see you've got the hump about me bringing my coronation chicken salad to the last Al Fresco Society meet-up. Well, you may very well have authority there, but no prison can hold me, nor anyone stop the real truth from getting out. One way or another.

And you can shove your pea omelettes where the sun don't shine.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:52 - Mar 16 with 560 viewsEwan_Oozami

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:41 - Mar 16 by footers

Have to say footers, not often I agree with you on culinary matters, but sultanas are a must in coronation chicken....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 555 viewswkj

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:52 - Mar 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Have to say footers, not often I agree with you on culinary matters, but sultanas are a must in coronation chicken....

Your guru status is now revoked.

Crybaby

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:00 - Mar 16 with 552 viewsfooters

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:52 - Mar 16 by Ewan_Oozami

It's exactly the way HMQ Liz likes it too. Def info. Anyone who says different should be tried for treason.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 548 viewsEwan_Oozami

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:57 - Mar 16 by wkj

Your guru status is now revoked.

I knew it couldn't last...it's tough being a guru, what with all that smiling and waving and being enigmatic....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 548 viewswkj

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:00 - Mar 16 by footers

It's exactly the way HMQ Liz likes it too. Def info. Anyone who says different should be tried for treason.

HMQ Liz also hates garlic. She's clearly wrong and a tyrant.

Crybaby

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:07 - Mar 16 with 545 viewswkj

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:01 - Mar 16 by Ewan_Oozami

I knew it couldn't last...it's tough being a guru, what with all that smiling and waving and being enigmatic....

Have you tried the yau-guru method of self-help? Some say it's backwards, but it's all the rage in Latin America.

Crybaby

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:16 - Mar 16 with 527 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I can't remember, because it's not the 80's anymore.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:21 - Mar 16 with 520 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

For me, it depends on what you have it with.

Brown bap + lettuce = Yes please.
Jacket spud = No thank you

As for Battenburg, urgh. Devil's food. Its up there with marzipan and mint chocolate as some of humanities worst culinary creations.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:23 - Mar 16 with 518 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:32 - Mar 14 by BasingstokeBlue

Yuk. Disgustingly sweet. Fruit has no place in a savoury dish.

What about Florida style coleslaw with the mandarin segments in it? Beautiful!
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 18:13 - Mar 16 with 493 viewshoppy

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:16 - Mar 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can't remember, because it's not the 80's anymore.

It's no prawn cocktail, that must be said.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 18:31 - Mar 16 with 483 viewsjeera

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:00 - Mar 16 by footers

Hold on a second.

You've just repeated what some of us have already been saying.

You swan back in like, like a swanning in thing, and take the credit for what others have already been saying anyway.

Talk about standing on the shoulders of people who have already said this stuff.

Or however the saying goes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024