Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? 12:13 - Mar 14 with 3759 viewsGavTWTD

I fear it could be akin to liking battenburg but I love it. Just had a large brown barm with coronation chicken and some lettuce for texture.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:32 - Mar 14 with 905 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Yuk. Disgustingly sweet. Fruit has no place in a savoury dish.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:32 - Mar 14 with 905 viewshoppy

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:48 - Mar 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

Left over bolognaise is the ultimate re-purposing food.

Have it as a spag bol again.
Make a lasagne.
Great baked potato filling.
Add beans and chilli for a chilli con carne.
Take that chilli con carne and put it between tortillas with cheese and bake.

Or, just re-heat it, cook some chunky oven chips, lots of malt vinegar and salt on the chips. Maybe ketchup on the side. There is something gorgeous about a salty vinegary oven chip and bolognaise together. Ultimate comfort food.

Oh, and re OP: coronation chicken is fine. A solid sandwich choice, but disappointing in a baked potato as the hot potato and cold filling doesn't work in this case.

I admire your dedication to give such a full answer.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:47 - Mar 14 with 890 viewsIllinoisblue

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:41 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

There’s at least two episodes worth of material for a six-part 70s sitcoms series right there.

Marjorie forgets to defrost the vol au vents and her dinner party is ruined as she has to cater it with food from the local chippy instead. The horror.

Then Jeremy forgets to wear trousers to the local nightclub after a misunderstanding at the dry-cleaners.

Hilarity ensues. Season 2 set to be commissioned.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:53 - Mar 14 with 877 viewsleitrimblue

It's one of the foods of the gods( see also pork an pickle pie,scotch egg and Tunnocks teacakes). Anyone who doesn't like it also probably hates the Queen and David Attenborough
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:55 - Mar 14 with 872 viewsVic

Absolutely love it! Best in a wrap, or a fresh whole grain roll.

Dang - you've made me hungry now!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 14:01 - Mar 14 with 861 viewsfranz_tyson

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:48 - Mar 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

Left over bolognaise is the ultimate re-purposing food.

Have it as a spag bol again.
Make a lasagne.
Great baked potato filling.
Add beans and chilli for a chilli con carne.
Take that chilli con carne and put it between tortillas with cheese and bake.

Or, just re-heat it, cook some chunky oven chips, lots of malt vinegar and salt on the chips. Maybe ketchup on the side. There is something gorgeous about a salty vinegary oven chip and bolognaise together. Ultimate comfort food.

Oh, and re OP: coronation chicken is fine. A solid sandwich choice, but disappointing in a baked potato as the hot potato and cold filling doesn't work in this case.

I tend to go for the 3-phase thriftiness/ food prepping approach.

Buy beef mince in bulk (1kg+) and make a beefy shepherds (cottage) pie base. Couple of meals there. Add tomatoes and some Italian herbs and convert it to a bolognese base for lasagne/pasta dish and finally add some chilli heat, cumin and kidney beans for a chilli for wraps / baked spuds and / or rice.
You can also fool yourself into thinking you’ve eaten British, Italian and Mexican food just with a subtle fine-tuning during the week.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 14:03 - Mar 14 with 850 viewsBluebell

Good for you Gav! Not sure about the brown barm (if I knew what a barm is) Are you from oooop north?

I love it in thick slices of white bread. Making me hungry just the thought of it even though I have had lunch.
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 14:21 - Mar 14 with 828 viewsBlueBoots

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:35 - Mar 14 by GavTWTD

I'd be quite happy to have curry as a sandwich filling. I had some leftover bolognese which was delicious between two slices last week.

You need to go fusion - leftover bolognese sauce on top of a hand-stretched Naan...mozzarella and coriander on top...whack it in the oven. I await the outrage of the pizza purists...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 14:38 - Mar 14 with 812 viewsDubtractor

Prob my favourite sandwich filling, which is odd as I hate mild and creamy curry.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:33 - Mar 14 with 778 viewsjeera

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 13:32 - Mar 14 by BasingstokeBlue

Yuk. Disgustingly sweet. Fruit has no place in a savoury dish.

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Chicken with lemon or orange.

Pretty much anything with lemon or orange.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 15:33]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:35 - Mar 14 with 775 viewsjeera

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:33 - Mar 14 by WD19

Its the sort of thing rural village sandwich shops served in 1995.

Pah, and almost every town/city.

Ina granary bread please.

Yes, just some shredded lettuce please.

Salt and pepper? A sprinkle of salt on the lettuce please and lots of black pepper on the chicken. Ta.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:05 - Mar 14 with 736 viewsleitrimblue

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:33 - Mar 14 by jeera

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Spot on Jeera. I'm usually a bit of a stranger to the downvote but the no fruit in savoury statement had me downvote finger twitching
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 733 viewsJ2BLUE

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 15:33 - Mar 14 by jeera

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Pineapple on pizza

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:10 - Mar 14 with 729 viewsGeoffSentence

Barm? I didn't have you down as one of those Northern types Gav, I had you down as refined and intelligent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:28 - Mar 14 with 720 viewsRyorry

Congratulations on killing 2 birds with 1 stone & bringing to a conclusion the two most controversial topics on this site -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 720 viewsblueasfook

Its original name was Poulet Reine Elizabeth.

Of course that name was deemed a bit too sophisticated for the average Brit so it became known as Coronation Chicken.

Follow me for more interesting food facts

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 691 viewsGuthrum

Didn't end up trying it until I was about 30. Quite like the stuff now.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:55 - Mar 14 with 672 viewsMullet

Well that ages you I reckon. Sara Lee for afters was it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:58 - Mar 14 with 668 viewsKeno

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:55 - Mar 14 by Mullet

give him is due tho, Gav can belt out a tune

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:32 - Mar 14 with 645 viewschicoazul

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:46 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

This is not middle class...

Coronation chicken is definitely a middle class food.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:36 - Mar 14 with 640 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 12:21 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

It's a step up from haslet(which is basically the b*ttenberg of the deli counter). That's about all I can say positive about it.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 12:26]

You should be banned for your hasletist views.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:46 - Mar 14 with 637 viewsjeera

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 16:55 - Mar 14 by Mullet

Real bottom of the market stuff there.

The real answer of course for the pseudo of the day would have been Viennetta.

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 629 viewsleitrimblue

Thin slice of Arctic roll
What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 629 viewsBlueBoots

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:32 - Mar 14 by chicoazul

Coronation chicken is definitely a middle class food.

Exhibit A, M'Lord...

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/iceland-coronation-chicken-180g/89685.html

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

What is the board's collective opinion on coronation chicken? on 17:56 - Mar 14 with 625 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Shocking statement.

Pork and apples.

Lamb with figs.

Duck and orange.

Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk and yuk.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024