Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? 20:53 - Mar 16 with 4662 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Heard someone suggest this leaving the ground the other day and it got me thinking.

He’s helped us find great form with some identity at last, but I can’t see someone being poached with less than half a season in management.

Havjng said that…. If we’re doing well in league one after 20 or so games though next season, it wouldn’t be impossible for a low end championship club to look at him.

Would imagine he’s ambitious, but also seems levelheaded enough to realise he needs to get a solid foundation under his belt.
Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 20:59 - Mar 16 with 3335 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. Imo

Whilst appreciating what he has done so far

He hasn't as yet actually achieved anything to be poached. It would be a massive risk and not one made usually by champ clubs at such an early stage in his career.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:00]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 3354 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

He’ll be with us for at least three years. Don’t think he’d be interested in moving, unless to a top half Premier League team, and they generally want a “name” I.e.an ex top international or a foreign coach. It’s going to take 3 or 4 years of continued success at ITFC before a big club will want him.
Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:02 - Mar 16 with 3333 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"If we’re doing well in league one after 20 or so games though next season, it wouldn’t be impossible for a low end championship club to look at him."

Why would he want to swap a well-backed project that he would have got working to go somewhere that is not working. If he does well enough to attract the interest, I can't see it being from a club that would be attractive enough yet. There will, however, come a time when, if he is doing well enough, teams that are good enough to be attractive might take notice. That can only be good for us, though, because it means he is doing well with us.

How long is it since a team was looking to poach our manager because they are doing well?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:03 - Mar 16 with 3328 viewsBlueBadger

Unlikely this season I'd suggest, probably more likely to be in 2-3 seasons' time if he's got us on an upward trajectory but just falling short of the PL.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:03 - Mar 16 with 3320 viewsfooters

You'd need a pretty big saucepan, but yes, it is possible at the right temperature.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:04 - Mar 16 with 3309 viewsSheffordBlue

Really couldn't see him jumping ship this early for a low end Championship club with the backing that the club are going to give him both on and off the field. He'll not only be backed this summer but assuming he then gets us up next season he'll be backed to compete in the Championship as well.

Now if a Prem club decided to take a punt on him it might be a different story.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:13 - Mar 16 with 3223 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We are rich now - didn’t you get the memo! We can double his wage!

Seriously though despite his incredible start he’s still pretty green as a manager, not even been through a rough patch yet! Hopefully that will deter any suitors in the short term at least.
Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:15 - Mar 16 with 3197 viewsbazza

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:03 - Mar 16 by footers

You'd need a pretty big saucepan, but yes, it is possible at the right temperature.

Your wasted on here !!
Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:17 - Mar 16 with 3171 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:15 - Mar 16 by bazza

Your wasted on here !!

A bit like apostrophes and the letter e,

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:17 - Mar 16 with 3177 viewsSitfcB

Bloots said a few weeks back West Brom will take him in November, bound to happen. We’ll be flying and they’ll be struggling for play-offs.

Banter era continues.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:21 - Mar 16 with 3134 viewsRyorry

If he were to jump ship that early & that easily, he'd not be half the man I think he is.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:25 - Mar 16 with 3098 viewsbazza

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:17 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

A bit like apostrophes and the letter e,

I’m actually quite embarrassed about my spelling and lack of understanding when using punctuation .. but thanks for pointing out my flaws.
Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:33 - Mar 16 with 3049 viewsfooters

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:25 - Mar 16 by bazza

I’m actually quite embarrassed about my spelling and lack of understanding when using punctuation .. but thanks for pointing out my flaws.

Good thing no one noticed Nthsuffolkblue ending his sentence with a comma and not using a capital E then, innit...

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:37 - Mar 16 with 3001 viewsjayessess

Can't imagine what profile of club would want McKenna without a promotion on his CV and would be more attractive than Ipswich?

During McKenna's stint we're the 2nd-best team in the league (behind MK Dons) , but from the perspective of a Championship club that's no better than "punching our weight". Ryan Lowe had won 2 promotions and had Plymouth over-achieving at the top of L1 before he got the Preston North End job.

Would McKenna take a job at a bottom half Championship team that gets 11k through the door? We have a far higher ceiling you'd imagine.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:38]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:40 - Mar 16 with 2966 viewsSitfcB

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:21 - Mar 16 by Ryorry

If he were to jump ship that early & that easily, he'd not be half the man I think he is.

Like any player, a manager has his price, probably got a release clause figure in his contract.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:40 - Mar 16 with 2971 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of course he could. Nothing hypothetical about it. Clubs above us will certainly have noticed the impact he’s made.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:43 - Mar 16 with 2942 viewsjayessess

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:40 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Of course he could. Nothing hypothetical about it. Clubs above us will certainly have noticed the impact he’s made.

Doubt it. We all think we're the centre of the universe, but to the rest of the footballing world we're just 9th in League One.

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:44 - Mar 16 with 2925 viewsjeera

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:25 - Mar 16 by bazza

Now I feel bad for upvoting his post.

Apologies.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:46 - Mar 16 with 2906 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:40 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Depends how they look it tho

A competent manager who has potentially the most expensive side in league 1 and has managed to get them playing as you'd expect. That's not belittling anything he's done.. but the results have been what everyone expected when the season started.. yet we still struggle to beat those above or around us...

It's exciting for next season and I think we will go up next year.. at that point I'd see people looking at him.

Waka waka eh eh

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 2870 viewsjeera

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:46 - Mar 16 by FrimleyBlue

A competent manager who has potentially the most expensive side in league 1 and has managed to get them playing as you'd expect. That's not belittling anything he's done.. but the results have been what everyone expected when the season started.. yet we still struggle to beat those above or around us...

It's exciting for next season and I think we will go up next year.. at that point I'd see people looking at him.

" the most expensive side" doesn't mean the best.

It's just what his predecessor chose to put together and couldn't make work himself.

That is no reflection on McKenna in the slightest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:50 - Mar 16 with 2838 viewsfooters

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:46 - Mar 16 by FrimleyBlue

We could approach Laurent Blanc then. Would be a dream manager, eh Frimmers? He's out of work now.

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:52 - Mar 16 with 2819 viewsjayessess

If you're running a Championship club and want an up-and-coming coach, you're looking at Liam Manning and Leam Richardson before McKenna at the moment. Manning especially - bigger sample size, sustained out-performance of his budget, even coped with replacing his entire starting midfield in January. Plus he's likely cheaper to hire and easier to persuade that your mid-size Championship club is a better longer term bet than MK Dons.

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 2798 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:48 - Mar 16 by jeera

" the most expensive side" doesn't mean the best.

It's just what his predecessor chose to put together and couldn't make work himself.

That is no reflection on McKenna in the slightest.

I agree which is why I said we are performing as originally expected.. competitive. The failure to beat those around us shows its not the best.... yet

I've no doubt we will do it next year. 100% confident in that.

Waka waka eh eh

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 2781 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:50 - Mar 16 by footers

We could approach Laurent Blanc then. Would be a dream manager, eh Frimmers? He's out of work now.

I'm happy with KM thanks footers.

Waka waka eh eh

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 2761 viewsIllinoisblue

Hypothetically, could McKenna be poached this summer? on 21:52 - Mar 16 by jayessess

If you're running a Championship club and want an up-and-coming coach, you're looking at Liam Manning and Leam Richardson before McKenna at the moment. Manning especially - bigger sample size, sustained out-performance of his budget, even coped with replacing his entire starting midfield in January. Plus he's likely cheaper to hire and easier to persuade that your mid-size Championship club is a better longer term bet than MK Dons.

Richardson has done ridiculously well at Wigan. They just keep winning.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024