Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) 17:01 - Mar 19 with 1783 viewsbelgablue

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:02 - Mar 19 with 1751 viewsFrimleyBlue

He probably would have won it had he decided to mark his opponent. Shocking marking in the last minute. Should be fined a weeks wages for that unforgiveable.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:03 - Mar 19 with 1704 viewspointofblue

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:02 - Mar 19 by FrimleyBlue

He probably would have won it had he decided to mark his opponent. Shocking marking in the last minute. Should be fined a weeks wages for that unforgiveable.

He was a signing made out of panic but has done well up to now. He has cost us badly when we needed him most, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:03 - Mar 19 with 1703 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, lost his man completely, had switched off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:04 - Mar 19 with 1669 viewsNthQldITFC

He'll be disappointed he lost his man there, but Burgess has stepped into this system brilliantly, looks pretty much as calm on the ball as the rest of the back three, and really solid in the air, except for that one moment! Another good mark for the coaching setup. At least we haven't lost any ground today.

Edit: Let's not go looking for scapegoats, eh, ffs!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:06]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:04 - Mar 19 with 1668 viewsDJR

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:03 - Mar 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep, lost his man completely, had switched off.

He didn't even jump.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:05 - Mar 19 with 1636 viewsBondiBlue

As they went to take that corner, i thought to myself, "we'll be fine, we've got burgess".

Bloody hell.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:05 - Mar 19 with 1627 viewsFrimleyBlue

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:03 - Mar 19 by pointofblue

He was a signing made out of panic but has done well up to now. He has cost us badly when we needed him most, though.

Oh agree he's been solid. Just that 1 moment, it just shouldn't happen especially when it's what you're one of the best at doing!

God I hate Saturdays sometimes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:46 - Mar 19 with 1487 viewsBigCommon

And yet everyone is slating Piggot today ..... LOL..
Saturday's 5.pm.. Is mad o'clock....
Post match comments on social media, are way more entertaining than the matches themselves, most weeks.....
Summer signings, must include, LWB, Central MF, Striker... And a scapegoat/punchbag/someone to knife in the back i(position not important)..
Login to get fewer ads

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:49 - Mar 19 with 1472 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Switching off there is inexcusable. Been playing well also.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 21:28 - Mar 19 with 1262 viewsquad

I hate to say it cos I really like Burgess but I agree with you. That was really inexcusable to just let his man go and steal a few yards on him like that.

When is the last time a player from another team has allowed us a free header from a corner like that? FFS.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 21:31 - Mar 19 with 1235 viewsquad

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:46 - Mar 19 by BigCommon

And yet everyone is slating Piggot today ..... LOL..
Saturday's 5.pm.. Is mad o'clock....
Post match comments on social media, are way more entertaining than the matches themselves, most weeks.....
Summer signings, must include, LWB, Central MF, Striker... And a scapegoat/punchbag/someone to knife in the back i(position not important)..

And Pigott didn't deserve slating today because??
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 22:04 - Mar 19 with 1152 viewsTheBoyBlue

It appears very Ipswich that we seem to sort things up front by finally making our pressure up front pay, only for the defence to let us down when we really needed them.

The reality is that we failed to put the game to bed when on top as we do more often than not, which puts our defence under so much pressure. We owe our defence a lot for keeping us in the play-off race as long as we have been.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 22:09 - Mar 19 with 1124 viewsRobTheMonk

We were the other side of the corner as it came in. The delivery was exceptional - right in the danger area. Compare that to last week when we had a corner in extra time and Chaplin hits the first man lol.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 22:12 - Mar 19 with 1112 viewsbobbyramsey

It's our inability to score goals that's done for us, not one defensive error.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 23:16 - Mar 19 with 1020 viewspointofblue

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 22:12 - Mar 19 by bobbyramsey

It's our inability to score goals that's done for us, not one defensive error.

In other matches, definitely. Today, away to a top side in the division? Sadly, it was a defensive error.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 23:20 - Mar 19 with 1011 viewsitfcsuth

He’ll be disappointed as well. McNally lost him for a split second and was an outstanding delivery for him to get his head on, inch perfect.

Burgess was outstanding all game until that one moment.

Has slotted in seamlessly to this system.
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 06:32 - Mar 20 with 920 viewstextbackup

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:05 - Mar 19 by BondiBlue

As they went to take that corner, i thought to myself, "we'll be fine, we've got burgess".

Bloody hell.

😂😂😂 exactly the same as me!
‘Big Burg hasn’t lost a header in games, this is coming straight out’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 08:10 - Mar 20 with 852 viewsBigCommon

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 21:31 - Mar 19 by quad

And Pigott didn't deserve slating today because??

No one individual deserves a slagging from their own supporters, imo.... In KM's words.. "They are a group"....
Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 08:16 - Mar 20 with 839 viewsVic

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 17:05 - Mar 19 by BondiBlue

Bloody hell.

On the plus side, isn’t it great to have that feeling aga8n!

Of course we’re going to concede goals, players in this division are going to make mistakes - it’s just what happens in any league. But to have confidence that most times it isn’t going to is something we haven’t had for quite a while.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Only header Burgess lost all game (n/t) on 08:45 - Mar 20 with 799 viewsChrisd

A bit of credit to the Oxford lad, that’s how to attack a corner. Some of our boys could learn from that. Absolutely buried that header past Walton.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024