Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) 11:19 - Apr 19 with 2888 viewstractorboy1978

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:23 - Apr 19 with 1899 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whilst it would be great to see Simpson given a go, he isn't going to start from out of the blue is he? He hasn't even been on the bench.

What would we learn that we don't already know from starting with either Pigott or Bonne in the same role? The only other alternative is to change the system and play two up front. If we do that, why wouldn't Norwood be one of those two? He has been the most effective of those three when played in a pair.

It is clear that a consistent striker who suits the way we play is the main priority for the summer. Of the strikers currently fit and on our books, the one most likely to be here and playing next season is Norwood. Simpson should be on the bench and given some pitch time too, in my opinion.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 11:30]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:24 - Apr 19 with 1890 viewspointofblue

He scored at Shrewsbury. The issue is Bonne and Pigott have done nothing from their appearances to warrant starting either. I’m not sure of there’s bad blood with Simpson which will see him counted out.

I do wonder if we should bring one of them in for Aluko though - go with two up top and see if that gives us a bit more bite. The last time we scored three goals was when we started with Jackson and Pigott up top together against Burton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:28 - Apr 19 with 1865 viewsBondiBlue

I'm generally not a fan of norwood. His finishing isn't good enough to make up for his deficiencies. But i'd start him. He was a pain for rotherham's defence to deal with and offered more than the alternatives.

I'd have simpson on the bench coming on for him when he's shot his bolt after an hour.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:30 - Apr 19 with 1856 viewstextbackup

i personally wouldnt bother playing bonne, norwood or pigott for the remaining 3. we know their failures, we know what they lack. dont really need to watch that anymore.

none of them will be here next season.

simpson probably doesnt get a start, bench maybe.

id stick chaplin up there personally

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:31 - Apr 19 with 1840 viewsjayessess

We'll be playing to win and Norwood seems to be McKenna's preference of the 3 strikers, so I expect he will, fitness permitting.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 1835 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:30 - Apr 19 by textbackup

i personally wouldnt bother playing bonne, norwood or pigott for the remaining 3. we know their failures, we know what they lack. dont really need to watch that anymore.

If Chaplin is the answer, I don't think you are asking the right question.

If he is to play up front, he is going to have to be alongside a more physical presence, surely!

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 1829 viewstractorboy1978

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:30 - Apr 19 by textbackup

I'd start Simpson. The fact he wasn't even on the bench on Saturday suggests that is unlikely though.
Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 1826 viewsBondiBlue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:32 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he is to play up front, he is going to have to be alongside a more physical presence, surely!

Or doing a messi and dropping so deep we basically play with no striker.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 1826 viewsjayessess

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:32 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Winning aerial duels is hardly a big part of our game though.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:36 - Apr 19 with 1810 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 19 by jayessess

It isn't, but standing up to League 1 defenders is.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 1793 viewspointofblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 19 by jayessess

We only have two attacking threats at the moment - Burns and Woolfenden. Not sure how well Chaplin would work with either without support; it’d rely a lot on Celina getting up there with him.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 11:40]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 1793 viewsjayessess

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:36 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

It isn't, but standing up to League 1 defenders is.

Chaplin's good at retaining the ball under pressure and generally pretty strong. We also don't, in general, spend a lot of time with our centre forward trying to hold the ball up on the deck either.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 1759 viewstextbackup

what question should i be asking?

i dont think chaplin is the answer up there, but hes sure as sht a better option than norwood, and the other 2.

and if its all about standing up to L1 defenders and bashing them up, maybe that isnt our approach if chaplin is up there?

might work, might not, but sticking with norwood is a waste of time

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:40 - Apr 19 with 1752 viewsGarv

If it was we might be scoring more goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:41 - Apr 19 with 1729 viewsGarv

Offers more than the alternatives.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:42 - Apr 19 with 1725 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:38 - Apr 19 by jayessess

Chaplin's good at retaining the ball under pressure and generally pretty strong. We also don't, in general, spend a lot of time with our centre forward trying to hold the ball up on the deck either.

I am happy to see it given a go but, as good a finisher as he is, I am not sure it would work. It would certainly give opposition defenders something different to think about. Maybe it is trying a different tack that is the way ahead. I enjoyed watching Stockwell and Lowe form the smallest strike partnership ever once. We didn't stick with it, though.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:46 - Apr 19 with 1709 viewsBLUEBEAT

Feed the Pigott and he might score.

Poll: W or W

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:49 - Apr 19 with 1685 viewstextbackup

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:41 - Apr 19 by Garv

Offers more than the alternatives.

done well with that 5 yard open goal goal saturday didnt he.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 1680 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:49 - Apr 19 by textbackup

Do you bin every player that makes one mistake?

It was a dreadful miss and one you wouldn't expect from Norwood.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 1654 viewstextbackup

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:51 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you bin every player that makes one mistake?

It was a dreadful miss and one you wouldn't expect from Norwood.

wouldnt expect from norwood? i genuinely dont know why you rate him so highly.... he takes countless chances to score one. and honestly dont feel he's improved in any aspect of his game since he's arrived.

hes aggressive, gives defences something to worry about in that regard, but quality wise he's completely and utterly bang average at best. i'd feel pretty gutted if he's an option, even 3rd/4th for us next season.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:57 - Apr 19 with 1631 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Personally, I think Norwood (of all the strikers we have) is actually quite likely to be here next season.

I don't think he'll be top man, that will be someone who gets brought in.

But McKenna likes him and his workrate. He will be used as an impact sub and a change up when we need some muscle.

You can't just play Rolls Royces all the time in this division. The more aggressive teams will over power you. You need a stock car or two for when the battle is on.

Norwood is there to do the ugly things others can't. And he will always give you a fair return of goals.

Also he's street smart. For all the 'head's gone' comments he gets he's only been booked 5 times this season and yet is one of our most physical players.

Sam Morsy has had 14 yellows for us.

Now you could say that's luck Norwood hasn't been booked more. But look at his record. 6 yellows last season. 6 yellows the season before that. No reds.

At this level he is a useful asset to have. Goals, aggression and the dark arts. All the teams that get out of this divison have a 'Norwood' somewhere in their squad.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 11:58]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:57 - Apr 19 with 1625 viewsGarv

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:49 - Apr 19 by textbackup

Open goals must be different to what they used to be.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 12:06 - Apr 19 with 1558 viewswkj

There is no reason for Norwood not to play, unless we're using the last few games to get some minutes to the youngsters on the fringes.

Longer-term, I think Norwood can do a job but he's not the quality of striker we need to get us out of this horrible division. He's 32, strikers tend to enjoy their best football between 26 and 31, it's not likely he's going to show us the improvement we need..

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 12:10 - Apr 19 with 1525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 11:55 - Apr 19 by textbackup

wouldnt expect from norwood? i genuinely dont know why you rate him so highly.... he takes countless chances to score one. and honestly dont feel he's improved in any aspect of his game since he's arrived.

hes aggressive, gives defences something to worry about in that regard, but quality wise he's completely and utterly bang average at best. i'd feel pretty gutted if he's an option, even 3rd/4th for us next season.

I would love to see the statistics to back up your assertion that he needs countless chances to score one.

I don't feel like we are a team that has created 5-10 chances for Norwood for every one of his goals.

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 12:15 - Apr 19 with 1503 viewstextbackup

Surely Norwood won't get another start tonight? (n/t) on 12:10 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would love to see the statistics to back up your assertion that he needs countless chances to score one.

I don't feel like we are a team that has created 5-10 chances for Norwood for every one of his goals.

in the same breathe he isnt the saviour you make him out to be.

he isnt very good, but runs about bashing people up.

not one i want to see here next season, thats not my choice however, if he is then i'd feel a little annoyed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024