Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Badger in the house pretty please? 10:59 - Apr 21 with 1874 viewsgiant_stow

Think I've broken my thumb, but not in a big way as I can still move it - just can't pinch and it hurts.

Googled it, and the NHS site says go see a dr, but is it really worth it? I thought you just left digits* to heal naturally and I don;t want to be one of those time-wasters who screw over A& Es....

*Feel free Hoppy!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:17 - Apr 21 with 1824 viewsCotty

They can correct wonky breaks if you get it set properly quickly enough. My wife broke three fingers but didn't get there in time...

It's ok though because if they amputate yours you'll still have 5 fingers left on that hand.
Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:25 - Apr 21 with 1792 viewsDarth_Koont

Same happened to me although the pinkie. I could move it and everything.

Left it 6 days then had to have it (very painfully) re-adjusted. It turns out it was a nasty fracture across both sides of a joint. Then took about two months to heal after that.

I probably lost some function leaving it as long as I did. The pinkie is called the starting motor when you grip something (if you slowly clench a fist you’ll see it starts with the pinkie). But I imagine a thumb (and diminished function) is probably even more crucial.

Go get it looked at today.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 1763 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d get it looked at ASAP. Look for a minor injuries clinic if you don’t think it’s serious enough for A&E - they’ll still be able to X-ray, confirm a break and advise of what (if anything) needs to be done.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:40 - Apr 21 with 1736 viewsgiant_stow

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:25 - Apr 21 by Darth_Koont

Same happened to me although the pinkie. I could move it and everything.

Left it 6 days then had to have it (very painfully) re-adjusted. It turns out it was a nasty fracture across both sides of a joint. Then took about two months to heal after that.

I probably lost some function leaving it as long as I did. The pinkie is called the starting motor when you grip something (if you slowly clench a fist you’ll see it starts with the pinkie). But I imagine a thumb (and diminished function) is probably even more crucial.

Go get it looked at today.

Gawd, who'd have thought a pinkie could be so important. I was hoping it was nothing, but thanks for the advice and warnings, you and all.

All because someone headered my hand last night, the brute!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:48 - Apr 21 with 1704 viewsfooters

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:40 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

Gawd, who'd have thought a pinkie could be so important. I was hoping it was nothing, but thanks for the advice and warnings, you and all.

All because someone headered my hand last night, the brute!

It is indeed.

Uncle footers lost his in a machine at work last year. Doctor reckons it's about 50% of your grip.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:49 - Apr 21 with 1692 viewsblueasfook

Don't worry, being from Norfolk, you have a spare.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:55 - Apr 21 with 1657 viewsFixed_It

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:48 - Apr 21 by footers

It is indeed.

Uncle footers lost his in a machine at work last year. Doctor reckons it's about 50% of your grip.

If ullaa goes down the amputation route it would just further enhance his transition into being a Town fan!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:55 - Apr 21 with 1654 viewsgiant_stow

It is indeed.

Poor sod, sounds traumatic. At least I've learnt something today.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:56 - Apr 21 with 1656 viewsKeno

I broke a finger badly a few years ago.

went to A&E and the Dr asked what the problem was. In a lot of pain I held my hand up and said "Ive broken my f4cking finger'

She looked at my hand for a moment and just said 'no that the next one along"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:56 - Apr 21 with 1645 viewsgiant_stow

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:55 - Apr 21 by Fixed_It

If ullaa goes down the amputation route it would just further enhance his transition into being a Town fan!

This was pure manna innit. tuck in!

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:57 - Apr 21 with 1643 viewsfooters

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:55 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

Poor sod, sounds traumatic. At least I've learnt something today.

We call him stumpy now.

But aye, must've been v nasty. I haven't been attacked by a keyboard yet...

Go get it looked at, buh. That's what you pay for.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 12:56 - Apr 21 with 1551 viewsCotty

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:49 - Apr 21 by blueasfook

Don't worry, being from Norfolk, you have a spare.

Wow that's a slow echo
Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 13:13 - Apr 21 with 1518 viewsgiant_stow

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 12:56 - Apr 21 by Cotty

Wow that's a slow echo

In my self-obsession, I didn't ask about your mrs - hope her fingers are ok?

Sorry if this is overly personal!

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 13:20 - Apr 21 with 1498 viewsBlueBadger

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:17 - Apr 21 by Cotty

They can correct wonky breaks if you get it set properly quickly enough. My wife broke three fingers but didn't get there in time...

It's ok though because if they amputate yours you'll still have 5 fingers left on that hand.

Should football clubs stop using these colours by BlueBadger 20 Apr 2022 19:36
Here's an idle thought - do you reckon the webbing and extra finger enhances or hinders the average Jodrell?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 13:27 - Apr 21 with 1466 viewsCotty

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 13:13 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

In my self-obsession, I didn't ask about your mrs - hope her fingers are ok?

Sorry if this is overly personal!

Got scissors for hands now.
Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 14:40 - Apr 21 with 1382 viewsfabian_illness

It is indeed.

I used to work with a bloke with a thumb missing.
Everyone used to call him KitKat.
Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 14:42 - Apr 21 with 1380 viewsDarth_Koont

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 13:27 - Apr 21 by Cotty

Got scissors for hands now.

Better than paper hands.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 08:19 - Apr 22 with 1208 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 14:42 - Apr 21 by Darth_Koont

Better than paper hands.

But not as good as ....

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 08:45 - Apr 22 with 1176 viewsdickie

Ring 111
Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:33 - Apr 22 with 1069 viewsmutters

Go to A&E, don't d!ck about just blooming go, only a doctor in person will truly know the extent of the injury.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 11:38 - Apr 22 with 1063 viewsKeno

Is Badger in the house pretty please? on 08:45 - Apr 22 by dickie

Ring 111

In his case will be Ring 11 ...ouch!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024