Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference 19:05 - May 1 with 1867 viewsBent_double

Not that I'm bothered, but MoTD usually attaches some importance to games where teams get relegated from the PL.

Last night, AV v Noj was I think the 4th or 5th game shown, and it was really a case of, "oh, and Norwich are relegated.....again"

They really have fallen a long way in the footballing worlds eye, and have finally become the pointless, nothing of a team that we have always known they are.

Looking forward to their next relegation....in 12 months time, hopefully.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 20:37 - May 1 with 1727 viewsVic

I’m no NUFC apologist, but if I’m honest I have to ask myself whether I would rather my team were yo-yoing up and down between the prem and championship or stuck in the 3rd division for 4 yrs. sadly I don’t think they are really a nothing team - though I wish they were. If they are whatever does it make us

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 20:39 - May 1 with 1702 viewsFixed_It

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 20:37 - May 1 by Vic

I’m no NUFC apologist, but if I’m honest I have to ask myself whether I would rather my team were yo-yoing up and down between the prem and championship or stuck in the 3rd division for 4 yrs. sadly I don’t think they are really a nothing team - though I wish they were. If they are whatever does it make us

I'm sure you meant NCFC.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:31 - May 1 with 1558 viewsWonTheCupin78

They still get an incredible amount of finance from being a yo-yo club between the Premiership and Championship. Using Burnley as an example:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-dyche-premier-league

Parachute payments could be actually causing disparity, meaning the likelihood of promotion following relegation is way higher.
Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:36 - May 1 with 1552 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Pointing and laughing at Norwich is all pretty hollow considering that they will, very likely, be challenging for promotion from the division which we will be hoping to be promoted to.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 10:40 - May 2 with 1240 viewsBlueBadger

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:36 - May 1 by Tangledupin_Blue

Pointing and laughing at Norwich is all pretty hollow considering that they will, very likely, be challenging for promotion from the division which we will be hoping to be promoted to.

Norwich could be relegated today by BlueBadger 30 Apr 2022 15:06
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would laugh at Norwich losing if we were in the Jewson League and they were in the Champions League.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 10:43 - May 2 with 1232 viewsKeno

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:31 - May 1 by WonTheCupin78

They still get an incredible amount of finance from being a yo-yo club between the Premiership and Championship. Using Burnley as an example:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-dyche-premier-league

Parachute payments could be actually causing disparity, meaning the likelihood of promotion following relegation is way higher.

Trouble with being a yoyo club is that for every one that eventually survives in the premiership another ends up like a Charlton

You can only keep yo-yoing so long before it becomes difficult to stay up

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 10:43 - May 2 with 1227 viewsBent_double

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:36 - May 1 by Tangledupin_Blue

It's not so much pointing and laughing at them, just smug satisfaction that, once again they have thrown away an incredible opportunity to establish themselves in the PL, and that most pundits have gone from admiring 'plucky little Norwich' to wondering what the point of them actually is.

I get your point, we really aren't in a position to mock them considering our massive failures over the last 15 years, but as we know, football is cyclical, so hopefully this is finally the start of a reversal of fortunes for both clubs.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:04 - May 2 with 1196 viewsCitled31

Pointless nothing of a team?
What does that make Ipswich
Is it three or four seasons in division one now?
🤭😀
Login to get fewer ads

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:12 - May 2 with 1166 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:04 - May 2 by Citled31

🤭😀

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:46 - May 2 with 1108 viewsFrimleyBlue

🤭😀

A club run down by the previous owner on the rise again, compared to one having its best period over 20 years whilst ending up no better off in the process.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:55 - May 2 with 1100 viewsHullblue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 10:43 - May 2 by Keno

Trouble with being a yoyo club is that for every one that eventually survives in the premiership another ends up like a Charlton

I hope you’re right but… why? Every time they go up then down again they make more money - giving them a better chance of staying up every time they do it. Surely?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:01 - May 2 with 1065 viewsFrimleyBlue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:55 - May 2 by Hullblue

I hope you’re right but… why? Every time they go up then down again they make more money - giving them a better chance of staying up every time they do it. Surely?

I personally think this season nodge side is their worst as a squad compared to other seasons and they have Smith who needed to spend alot of money to get Villa up, it doesn't have the togetherness the other squads did and they aren't smiths players either so don't have that loyalty. Imo

Waka waka eh eh

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:09 - May 2 with 1062 viewsKeno

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 11:55 - May 2 by Hullblue

That assumes

1, you strength the squad every time - there is little evidence of that
2, money stays in the club - not sure about that one but things must be tight as Delia is whoring herself around on TV again
3, you can keep the momentum going - this year they did worse in premiership that last time

Its all very well participating in being a yoyo club but somewhere sometime that will stop

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:11 - May 2 with 1054 viewsronnyd

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 10:43 - May 2 by Keno

You just gotta hope the string eventually breaks.
Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:31 - May 2 with 1018 viewswkj

For the business side of Norwich, they're probably pretty happy. It has been discussed that yo-yo ing does much better for the balance sheet than being in the middle of the premier league.

Not just because it's Norwich, but I think there should be a fairly large gap between receiving a parachute payment, before being eligible for another - or better yet, completely overhauled from the ground up.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:33 - May 2 with 996 viewsFrimleyBlue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:31 - May 2 by wkj

For the business side of Norwich, they're probably pretty happy. It has been discussed that yo-yo ing does much better for the balance sheet than being in the middle of the premier league.

Not just because it's Norwich, but I think there should be a fairly large gap between receiving a parachute payment, before being eligible for another - or better yet, completely overhauled from the ground up.

I've always thought it should be a 1 reason help payment to cover 25% of the wages for players who took part in the season of relegation.

Waka waka eh eh

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:39 - May 2 with 976 viewsblueasfook

🤭😀

I'm sure I speak for all for us when I say....

Do one budgie.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:40 - May 2 with 965 viewsHullblue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:09 - May 2 by Keno

That assumes

1, you strength the squad every time - there is little evidence of that
2, money stays in the club - not sure about that one but things must be tight as Delia is whoring herself around on TV again
3, you can keep the momentum going - this year they did worse in premiership that last time

Its all very well participating in being a yoyo club but somewhere sometime that will stop

Again I hope you’re right but I think the more money they get the more difficult it becomes to fail - especially in this day and age with how ridiculous the premier league TV money is. Even if someone’s siphoning significant money off (and I haven’t seen any evidence of that) they still must be one of the richest clubs in the championship now.

Like you say there’s little evidence of progress so far, but if they go up again next season then half the squad will be different again, and it’s a clean slate and fresh start.

I think if we overtake them any time soon it’ll be because our new ownership has done a brilliant job, rather than because they’ve fallen off a cliff.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:43 - May 2 with 951 viewsjeera

🤭😀

Imagine going to the bother of creating an account to post this.

We know which division we're in you donut.

His point was no one on MotD cared about your relegation beyond giving it a mere mention in passing when it should be a big deal.

It's not hard.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 12:49 - May 2 with 934 viewsBarcaBlue

🤭😀

.. but you were crying on the telly in your yellow and green wig ( again and again and again).
[Post edited 2 May 2022 12:50]
Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 13:25 - May 2 with 859 viewsArnieM

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 22:31 - May 1 by WonTheCupin78

“ could” be causing a disparity….. it 1 million % IS causing a disparity. Ive been saying for years now Sky money is causing the problems in the game. And I don’t buy into this myth that n fc are in some way a “ better” Club. They aren’t. If people mean they have been better funded for the last 15 years, then yes, that’s correct. But what have they actually DONE with these absolute millions for frankly “ perennial failure”? Even Brentford have managed a better show of it than that sorry bunch up the A140.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 13:47 - May 2 with 824 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Noj's latest relegation, and MoTD indifference on 13:25 - May 2 by ArnieM

“ could” be causing a disparity….. it 1 million % IS causing a disparity. Ive been saying for years now Sky money is causing the problems in the game. And I don’t buy into this myth that n fc are in some way a “ better” Club. They aren’t. If people mean they have been better funded for the last 15 years, then yes, that’s correct. But what have they actually DONE with these absolute millions for frankly “ perennial failure”? Even Brentford have managed a better show of it than that sorry bunch up the A140.

It causes a disparity, but how many of the relegated sides go back up? Nodge yo-yoing has been the exception and not the rule. Everton or Leeds will be the favourites to bounce straight back up. Farke was the expert in doing it for nodge. They will probably have one slot to aim at or they will be hoping for the lottery of the play-offs.

It would be really funny if Smith doesn't even get them into those. The only problem is they will probably land upon another Lambert and Holt or Farke and Puki combination and still make it up in the end. As much as they are nothing participants you can't fault their ability to do just enough to find the right man at the right time to keep them participating.

Who wouldn't want to watch their side get soundly thumped and totally outplayed by all the top sides every other season. It must be fun heading to Anfield asking yourselves whether your side can keep the score below 6 today.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024