Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon 08:50 - May 15 with 11031 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:15 - May 15 with 1238 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 18:19 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Like I said, I could understand if a big club came in to double his wages. But a move to Wigan doesn't satisfy either of those.

I'm not really inclined to look towards Peterborough as an ambition of where we want to be.

He would definitely almost definitely double his wages. Or worst ways a very significant uplift. And Wigan are a bigger club than us, sorry.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:27 - May 15 with 1194 viewshype313

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:15 - May 15 by chicoazul

He would definitely almost definitely double his wages. Or worst ways a very significant uplift. And Wigan are a bigger club than us, sorry.

No they're not, they're just in a higher league.

Their attendances are pretty much 3 men and a dog.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:45 - May 15 with 1155 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:27 - May 15 by hype313

Do you think Bournemouth are a smaller club than Sunderland.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:53 - May 15 with 1129 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:45 - May 15 by chicoazul

Abso-fcking-lutely. Anyone that thinks otherwise is simply trolling.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:59 - May 15 with 1102 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:15 - May 15 by chicoazul

I don't think he would double his wages.

He came to us on a championship salary.

I disagree re Wigan, but thats OK.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:02 - May 15 with 1090 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:27 - May 15 by hype313

Agreed, it's a rugby town.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:15 - May 15 with 1063 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yes
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:16 - May 15 with 1055 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:53 - May 15 by portmanking

Abso-fcking-lutely. Anyone that thinks otherwise is simply trolling.

I think there are many many things to consider when talking about what is a big or “bigger than us” club but the first thing to consider is what league each club are in.

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:17 - May 15 with 1054 viewshype313

Yep.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:18 - May 15 with 1045 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 19:59 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think he would double his wages.

He came to us on a championship salary.

I disagree re Wigan, but thats OK.

I know it’s ok.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:24 - May 15 with 1036 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:18 - May 15 by chicoazul

I know it’s ok.

Good lad.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:25 - May 15 with 1034 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed they are. Correct.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:29 - May 15 with 1018 viewsKeno

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:25 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed they are. Correct.

Do you have evidence fir this?

I’m asking for a friend

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 with 985 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:16 - May 15 by chicoazul

I think there are many many things to consider when talking about what is a big or “bigger than us” club but the first thing to consider is what league each club are in.

Quite literally the only thing Bournemouth have over Sunderland is league status. Stadium, attendances, heritage, spread of fanbase. There is quite literally no contest. Without Bournemouth's oligarch millions 6-7 years ago they'd be no-marks bumbling around League 1 or 2.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 with 981 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:17 - May 15 by hype313

Yep.

And do you think players think that too? Sunderland in one hand Bournemouth in the other.
Or we can be more specific, which way do you think Morsy would tilt with us in one hand and Wigan in the other? Worryingly I think we will soon find out.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:41 - May 15 with 962 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 by chicoazul

And do you think players think that too? Sunderland in one hand Bournemouth in the other.
Or we can be more specific, which way do you think Morsy would tilt with us in one hand and Wigan in the other? Worryingly I think we will soon find out.

Tbh it goes one of 2 ways

He stays and is part of us going up next season

Or he doesn't and we have a big chuck of salary saved and more £ of income made on selling him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:44 - May 15 with 960 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 by portmanking

Quite literally the only thing Bournemouth have over Sunderland is league status. Stadium, attendances, heritage, spread of fanbase. There is quite literally no contest. Without Bournemouth's oligarch millions 6-7 years ago they'd be no-marks bumbling around League 1 or 2.

On that basis Sunderland are a bigger club than Crystal Palace Fulham Norwich Watford West Ham Leicester and Southampton.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:48 - May 15 with 951 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:41 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh it goes one of 2 ways

He stays and is part of us going up next season

Or he doesn't and we have a big chuck of salary saved and more £ of income made on selling him.

If he does go we will replace him with someone on the same money so there won’t be a saving. I’d be amazed if we realised much of a fee if any at all.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:55 - May 15 with 916 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:48 - May 15 by chicoazul

If he does go we will replace him with someone on the same money so there won’t be a saving. I’d be amazed if we realised much of a fee if any at all.

We will make a profit. Not in our interest to sell unlike boro.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:58 - May 15 with 911 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:44 - May 15 by chicoazul

On that basis Sunderland are a bigger club than Crystal Palace Fulham Norwich Watford West Ham Leicester and Southampton.

West Ham are bigger I'd suggest, but certainly on a par with Leicester and Southampton, for sure.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:00 - May 15 with 905 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:48 - May 15 by chicoazul

You think we'll let our captain - with 2yrs remaining on his contract - leave "without realising much of a fee"?

I'll have some of what you're smoking tonight, man.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:04 - May 15 with 884 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:58 - May 15 by portmanking

West Ham are bigger I'd suggest, but certainly on a par with Leicester and Southampton, for sure.

Leicester the recent premier league and fa cup winners?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:09 - May 15 with 851 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:04 - May 15 by chicoazul

Leicester the recent premier league and fa cup winners?

I don't really see where you're going with all this. Success doesn't make a club 'big', does it? It just makes them.... successful. Are Forest Green as big as us now that we're in the same league?
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:11 - May 15 with 841 viewshype313

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 by chicoazul

If you genuinely think Wigan are a bigger club than us, then I'll let you crack on with that.

Happy to agree to disagree.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:11 - May 15 with 837 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:09 - May 15 by portmanking

I don't really see where you're going with all this. Success doesn't make a club 'big', does it? It just makes them.... successful. Are Forest Green as big as us now that we're in the same league?

I think it’s a very large part of it yes especially when thinking about this argument through the prism of what footballers would choose. Nobody is going to Sunderland instead of Southampton if they have the option.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024