Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon 08:50 - May 15 with 11058 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:23 - May 15 with 2461 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:59 - May 15 by itfcjoe

That’s a worrying development, if he’s still based up that way as is clearly close to Richardson when you saw them post game.

We’d make a bit of money but at his age if he wants to make the move will be hard to stand in his way

Need to take a Daniel Levy stance on this one.

He's under contract.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:35 - May 15 with 2398 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:23 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Need to take a Daniel Levy stance on this one.

He's under contract.

But what good is he in that situation when he refuses to play? Or simply doesn’t perform as he doesn’t want to be there?
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:36 - May 15 with 2390 viewsericclacton

Probably a good thing if he goes due to the fact he has a nasty side to his character, good riddance to him.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:39 - May 15 with 2366 viewsPendejo

Based purely on what's happened during "The Curse" aka banter era... Sell him.
'cos you just know he will get a season ending injury in August if we keep him...

How many report £ms offers did we reputedly turn down on players whose values then plummeted?

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:45 - May 15 with 2339 viewssidmouthblue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:39 - May 15 by Pendejo

Based purely on what's happened during "The Curse" aka banter era... Sell him.
'cos you just know he will get a season ending injury in August if we keep him...

How many report £ms offers did we reputedly turn down on players whose values then plummeted?

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

If he goes he goes is a sign the recruitment team are doing something right
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:54 - May 15 with 2286 viewsOriginalMarkyP

If was him and the money was right I'd go in a heartbeat.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:55 - May 15 with 2255 viewsFrimleyBlue

Would be a shame but not the end of the world. Would rather have him. But also need to remember we won games when he was suspended too. All depends who we would replace him with imo. If it's a bakinson then I'd be disappointed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:56 - May 15 with 2269 viewstractordownsouth

Maybe this is why we're looking at Taylor?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:12 - May 15 with 2207 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:35 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

But what good is he in that situation when he refuses to play? Or simply doesn’t perform as he doesn’t want to be there?

Nothing suggests he would go on strike.

Nothing suggests he would down tools.

That's a rarity. Hes under contract, captain of the club and on a championship contract.

Keep him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:36 - May 15 with 2137 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:13 - May 15 by ArnieM

If suggest there’s a very real threat we could lose him . But as you said in another post “ it’s too early and you’re not bothered “!

I don't think we will.

Hes on a championship contract, so there's no huge wage uplift.

Wigan is a rugby town, and he's captain of a club that packs out its stadium.

If one of the big Champ clubs came in for him and offered to double his wages he might go, but not to Wigan.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:05 - May 15 with 2092 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I can tell you with confidence that Morsy is happy here and wants to stay - the only thing he is ‘keen’ on is an extension of his contract so he can settle here. He has 2 years here and wants the security. It’s not so much the money, it would be the time of his contract he considers.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:06 - May 15 with 2066 viewsHipsterectomy

Isn’t he off to Boreham Wood?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:31 - May 15 with 1992 viewsDubtractor

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:05 - May 15 by abracaDOBRA_

I can tell you with confidence that Morsy is happy here and wants to stay - the only thing he is ‘keen’ on is an extension of his contract so he can settle here. He has 2 years here and wants the security. It’s not so much the money, it would be the time of his contract he considers.

He seems to have got happier and more settled as the season has gone on, and in particular since McKenna has come in.

I'd be very surprised if he wants to leave, though the lure of going back up a division may be too tempting.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:36 - May 15 with 1975 viewsbilllm

Inevitably with our faliure to get promoted this is where we're at, all our top players will be looked at,,
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:40 - May 15 with 1967 viewsChrisd

Feel we need to expect these stories over the summer. Morsy, Walton and Burns are huge players for us, but I expect these 3 to be continually linked with potential moves away over the next few months.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:41 - May 15 with 1969 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:31 - May 15 by Dubtractor

He seems to have got happier and more settled as the season has gone on, and in particular since McKenna has come in.

I'd be very surprised if he wants to leave, though the lure of going back up a division may be too tempting.

He doesn’t want to leave, and the league isn’t that much of a problem either. He just wants security, has a young family. He’s keen on signing a new deal here, but if we don’t offer one then will consider his options.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:54 - May 15 with 1903 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:24 - May 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

a) He's not based up there, he lives down here, its a well known condition of the club that players live within an hour of the training ground, his family could still be up there of course, but the Player is definitely based down here.

b) This is just lazy journalism, 'old side want their old player back'

c) Nixon is about as reliable as Boris is honest.

Can't believe any of you are giving this any credence.

Nixon consistently proven to know his stuff. Morsy family still live up north. This will happen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:13 - May 15 with 1856 viewsJ2BLUE

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:54 - May 15 by chicoazul

Nixon consistently proven to know his stuff. Morsy family still live up north. This will happen.

Your new gimmick seems to be just lazily pushing the most negative option on every subject.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:42 - May 15 with 1777 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:05 - May 15 by abracaDOBRA_

He’s a soon to be 31 year old with 2 years left on his contract, I wouldn’t be in any rush to extend it if I was Mark Ashton. We want to be in the Championship in the next year or two, if we extend his deal he’ll be 34 by time the 3rd season starts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:47 - May 15 with 1747 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:13 - May 15 by J2BLUE

Your new gimmick seems to be just lazily pushing the most negative option on every subject.

Just responding to a hopelessly optimist post that’s all. Why do you and so many others seem to think things will start going our way now? You’ll only end up upset again. Embrace the nihilism the last few years have taught us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 14:24 - May 15 with 1644 viewsclive_baker

Good player, would be a shame to see him go. Thought he made a massive difference to us when he signed and improved as the season went on, even adding some goal threat. He’s a player who at 30 years old could be massive in helping us out of this division, and valuable in the division above without getting ahead of ourselves.

Can’t help but feel it would take a silly offer to prize him away, we have to be talking north of £2.5m?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 14:31 - May 15 with 1614 viewsITFC_Forever

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:24 - May 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

a) He's not based up there, he lives down here, its a well known condition of the club that players live within an hour of the training ground, his family could still be up there of course, but the Player is definitely based down here.

b) This is just lazy journalism, 'old side want their old player back'

c) Nixon is about as reliable as Boris is honest.

Can't believe any of you are giving this any credence.

If his family are based there, then so is he.

Him renting a place down here is only an enabler to allow him to do his job playing for us.

You’d be surprised how many footballers live away from home because of their club but don’t uproot the family.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 15:04 - May 15 with 1532 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:20 - May 15 by strikalite

He's under contract and we don't want to sell, thankfully not all players down tools even if it appeals, players are being linked with other Clubs all the time...

Put a silly price tag on his head, that usually works.

I think this would be the case (assuming there is even any truth in the rumour). Nice safe one for Nixon too because when nothing happens he simply says we did this and Wigan wouldn't pay that high. And if Wigan really do pay a silly fee, then we use that money wisely. Morsy would not be the easiest to replace but it would help McKenna build the team he wants. Chico would be pleased if we moved on the liability he sees Morsy as too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 15:10 - May 15 with 1517 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:12 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nothing suggests he would go on strike.

Nothing suggests he would down tools.

That's a rarity. Hes under contract, captain of the club and on a championship contract.

Keep him.

Such an attitude would be counter-productive. It would leave a bitter taste with Morsy who joined in anticipation of us getting promoted (was there any clause put into his contract for the contingency we weren't?). Worse, though, it would say to other players that if they join us and attract interest at a higher level we would not allow them to move on. Peterborough attract up-and-coming players because they develop them and move them on. For as long as we are at this level, if players attract real interest from higher up the divisions, we have to be realistic. That's not to say we should let anyone go or even accept the market rate - only if they are that keen they will pay good money. If not, then the player should be informed they didn't rate them highly enough to pay the value we rate them as. But every player has a certain value.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 18:19 - May 15 with 1327 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 15:10 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Such an attitude would be counter-productive. It would leave a bitter taste with Morsy who joined in anticipation of us getting promoted (was there any clause put into his contract for the contingency we weren't?). Worse, though, it would say to other players that if they join us and attract interest at a higher level we would not allow them to move on. Peterborough attract up-and-coming players because they develop them and move them on. For as long as we are at this level, if players attract real interest from higher up the divisions, we have to be realistic. That's not to say we should let anyone go or even accept the market rate - only if they are that keen they will pay good money. If not, then the player should be informed they didn't rate them highly enough to pay the value we rate them as. But every player has a certain value.

Like I said, I could understand if a big club came in to double his wages. But a move to Wigan doesn't satisfy either of those.

I'm not really inclined to look towards Peterborough as an ambition of where we want to be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024