Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon 08:50 - May 15 with 11069 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:12 - May 15 with 2060 viewsfooters

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:09 - May 15 by portmanking

I don't really see where you're going with all this. Success doesn't make a club 'big', does it? It just makes them.... successful. Are Forest Green as big as us now that we're in the same league?

Poor old chico doesn't have much left beside being an internet edgelord since his failed relocation to Deutchsland went kaput and he had to come back with his tail between his legs.

So his posting now or less mirrors a 13-year-old 4chan user who's discovered ITFC for the first time.

Best to just ignore it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:18 - May 15 with 2037 viewsportmanking

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:11 - May 15 by chicoazul

I think it’s a very large part of it yes especially when thinking about this argument through the prism of what footballers would choose. Nobody is going to Sunderland instead of Southampton if they have the option.

That wasn't the argument though, we were talking about the size of clubs, no? Sure, Soton's league status merits that they're a more attractive proposition at present. But if they were in the same league the majority would choose Sunderland I'd wager.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 22:11 - May 15 with 1941 viewsGeomorph

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 20:39 - May 15 by chicoazul

And do you think players think that too? Sunderland in one hand Bournemouth in the other.
Or we can be more specific, which way do you think Morsy would tilt with us in one hand and Wigan in the other? Worryingly I think we will soon find out.

Whether he does or doesn’t go.. your premise re club size is just bollox.. presumably a deliberate USP. Cook said Wigan was ‘pathetic’ with their 7k… albeit he was ultimately pathetic for us..
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 02:45 - May 16 with 1801 viewsbournemouthblue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:06 - May 15 by ElderGrizzly

Agree.

He was open that he didn’t want to leave Boro and drop a division. I’m sure he thought it was a one season trip to L1 too.

Didn’t we pay like £250k for him? If we got £1.5m back or something and it was given to McKenna I could see it happening.

He is a serious player though and very important to our game

I'd want a lot more than £1.5 million, that's not a big fee anymore

Could we get another player of his quality in the midfield?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 06:43 - May 16 with 1723 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:16 - May 15 by tractorboy1978

He definitely has a proper affinity with Wigan/Richardson. I could see him wanting to go if they'd match his wages here and they would.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:17]

I have a proper affinity with people in other ad agencies, it doesn't mean I'm going to move to them. Morsy probably has a proper affinity with his teammates here, and probably the new management team too.

You have no evidence they would match his wages either. We have more financial muscle than Wigan, even if they're a division higher.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 07:22 - May 16 with 1676 viewschicoazul

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:18 - May 15 by portmanking

That wasn't the argument though, we were talking about the size of clubs, no? Sure, Soton's league status merits that they're a more attractive proposition at present. But if they were in the same league the majority would choose Sunderland I'd wager.

Literally one of the first things I said was about league position.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:51 - May 16 with 1549 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 06:43 - May 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I have a proper affinity with people in other ad agencies, it doesn't mean I'm going to move to them. Morsy probably has a proper affinity with his teammates here, and probably the new management team too.

You have no evidence they would match his wages either. We have more financial muscle than Wigan, even if they're a division higher.

Wigan were spending serious money at this level last season as well, and now have a further £7m in the coffers from Sky money so they could quite easily at the very least match what we pay him if they prioritise him as a signing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:56 - May 16 with 1530 viewstractorboy1978

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 06:43 - May 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hopefully you are right. I'm not so convinced.

Wigan will have the scope to match his wages here should they want to though.
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:01 - May 16 with 1507 viewsGarv

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:42 - May 15 by itfcjoe

He’s a soon to be 31 year old with 2 years left on his contract, I wouldn’t be in any rush to extend it if I was Mark Ashton. We want to be in the Championship in the next year or two, if we extend his deal he’ll be 34 by time the 3rd season starts

So?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:12 - May 16 with 1471 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 13:42 - May 15 by itfcjoe

He’s a soon to be 31 year old with 2 years left on his contract, I wouldn’t be in any rush to extend it if I was Mark Ashton. We want to be in the Championship in the next year or two, if we extend his deal he’ll be 34 by time the 3rd season starts

Age is just a number if your good enough. We had 35 year old Luke Chambers as our Captain, Morsy will be more than capable in a few years time. And if giving him a new deal keeps him here to get us out this league, I'm not worried how old he'll be in the champ if we get there
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:14 - May 16 with 1467 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Always likely to happen, wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go too. He is unlikely to be the only player to be linked and/or leave, given who we signed and effectively most of them thought it would be one season in League One and back in the championship. Could see Chaplin and Walton being linked with others, Edmundson too if he wasn't injured.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:16 - May 16 with 1456 viewsArnieM

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:12 - May 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Age is just a number if your good enough. We had 35 year old Luke Chambers as our Captain, Morsy will be more than capable in a few years time. And if giving him a new deal keeps him here to get us out this league, I'm not worried how old he'll be in the champ if we get there

Exactly . Although Morsy plays midfield there’s no signs that his legs have gone and he’s losing pace. This would be the defining moment for his career I feel.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:20 - May 16 with 1457 viewsitfcjoe

We don't know that he will be good enough in 3 years for what we want him to be at that time, and he is already tied down for 2 years.

As a club, we simply don't need to extend the contract of someone who will be 31 at the start of the next season who has 2 years left to run, it's bad business to do so.

Giving long contracts to older players doesn't do anything to protect us as a club, i.e. ensuring good resale value etc

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:29 - May 16 with 1421 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:20 - May 16 by itfcjoe

We don't know that he will be good enough in 3 years for what we want him to be at that time, and he is already tied down for 2 years.

As a club, we simply don't need to extend the contract of someone who will be 31 at the start of the next season who has 2 years left to run, it's bad business to do so.

Giving long contracts to older players doesn't do anything to protect us as a club, i.e. ensuring good resale value etc

I agree usually to not giving long contracts to older players, i.e skuse chamber etc. But in this case I would give one to Morsy if it stops another club nicking him
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:30 - May 16 with 1420 viewsVeggie

Apparently Cook was a disgrace for daring to oust Chambers and Skuse, despite both being well past it. But 31 is getting on a bit for a Morsy.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:40 - May 16 with 1376 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:30 - May 16 by Veggie

Apparently Cook was a disgrace for daring to oust Chambers and Skuse, despite both being well past it. But 31 is getting on a bit for a Morsy.

Oh great, yet another poster with a creepy obsession over certain posters

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:43 - May 16 with 1358 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:29 - May 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I agree usually to not giving long contracts to older players, i.e skuse chamber etc. But in this case I would give one to Morsy if it stops another club nicking him

He either wants to go so he'll push for that, or wants to use this 'interest'* to try and leverage a new contract when we have no need to offer him one as he has plenty of time left on it.

*we understand Town have received no approach [via TWTD]

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:44 - May 16 with 1352 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:40 - May 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Another member of the brains trust

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:53 - May 16 with 1316 viewsJ2BLUE

Morsy signed a contract last year for three years. It makes perfect sense not to rush into giving him a new one when we hope to be in a higher league.

Why take risks for the sake of it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:44 - May 16 with 1199 viewschicoazul

You don’t give 31yo players 3 year deals unless they are insanely good especially if they already have 2 years left anyway. This is very basic.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:51 - May 16 with 1164 viewsgiant_stow

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 21:12 - May 15 by footers

Poor old chico doesn't have much left beside being an internet edgelord since his failed relocation to Deutchsland went kaput and he had to come back with his tail between his legs.

So his posting now or less mirrors a 13-year-old 4chan user who's discovered ITFC for the first time.

Best to just ignore it.

That first paragraph's pretty personal mr.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:14 - May 16 with 1099 viewsSharkey

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:43 - May 16 by itfcjoe

He either wants to go so he'll push for that, or wants to use this 'interest'* to try and leverage a new contract when we have no need to offer him one as he has plenty of time left on it.

*we understand Town have received no approach [via TWTD]

"we understand Town have received no approach"

That TWTD comment surprised me a bit, in that I thought there would be no 'approaches' anywhere until the window opens, after the season is completed for everyone.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:45 - May 16 with 1014 viewsJ2BLUE

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 11:14 - May 16 by Sharkey

"we understand Town have received no approach"

That TWTD comment surprised me a bit, in that I thought there would be no 'approaches' anywhere until the window opens, after the season is completed for everyone.

I would imagine there are many deals well advanced by now across Europe.

Promoted teams start preparing right away. That's why we occasionally hear talk of the play off winners being at a disadvantage because they didn't know they were going up until the final had been played.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:31 - May 16 with 933 viewsVeggie

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:40 - May 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Or just pointing out massive inconsistencies / bias.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:48 - May 16 with 889 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 12:31 - May 16 by Veggie

Or just pointing out massive inconsistencies / bias.

There isn’t any inconsistency in my position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024