Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" 13:16 - Jun 4 with 3246 viewsRyorry

Well it's taken long enough ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:28 - Jun 4 with 2992 viewsRyorry

Ah, DaveU still not seeing him for what he is then I guess 😂

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:44 - Jun 4 with 2941 viewssolomon

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:28 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

A down vote from DaveU is a badge of honour, a rite of passage if you like.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:53 - Jun 4 with 2919 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm guessing Carrie is wearing those massive hats as she is sick of seeing him as he is.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 2901 viewsEastTownBlue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:44 - Jun 4 by solomon

DaveU didn’t approve of my comment about this yesterday.

I shall follow Nadine’s example instead and say that there were far more cheers than jeers.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 17:42 - Jun 4 with 2698 viewsRyorry

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:59 - Jun 4 by EastTownBlue

DaveU didn’t approve of my comment about this yesterday.

I shall follow Nadine’s example instead and say that there were far more cheers than jeers.

I listened carefully several times & heard only one voice cheering, as opposed to many boos & jeers.

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 18:00 - Jun 4 with 2665 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 17:42 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

I listened carefully several times & heard only one voice cheering, as opposed to many boos & jeers.

Boos for Boris as Carol Vorderman cleverly put it.

Unfortunately, the time it has taken for the populace to see Johnson for who he is indicates how much the electorate will fail to see that this is more than just Johnson and is the Conservative Party. I am fairly sure they will eventually ditch Johnson and the electorate will re-elect a majority for them at the next ballot box. Very depressing really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 18:44 - Jun 4 with 2596 viewsDubtractor

This feels pretty significant too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 19:00 - Jun 4 with 2559 viewsmarchy

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:44 - Jun 4 by solomon

Got my first one yesterday and am still on a high!

Town Related Limerick Day anyone? by marchy 3 Jun 2022 16:57
Oh go on then daveU, one more just for you.

There once was a poster daveU
Who had nothing better to do
Than downvote and lurk
Like a bit of a berk
And a bit of a bigot too.

Login to get fewer ads

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:07 - Jun 4 with 2497 viewsRyorry

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 18:44 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

Great as that is, the problem is no GE till at least Jan 2025, & this current malign shower of sh1te are as we speak already busy rigging the boundaries & constituencies, election & voting rules in their favour to try & ensure they hang on in power. Pretty disturbing stuff -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_United_Kingdom_general_election#:~:text=The%2

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:16 - Jun 4 with 2462 viewsElderGrizzly

BBC had to edit the footage of course…

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:17 - Jun 4 with 2456 viewseireblue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:28 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

I don’t know what you are looking at, but using the official counting mechanisms of the current Government, DaveU is clearly endorsing the OP. It is plain to see.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:48 - Jun 4 with 2405 viewsDubtractor

Pastaman clearly had his number from the start.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:54 - Jun 4 with 2387 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 18:44 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

I would imagine that Johnson is desperate for the 54th letter to go in before the Wakefield vote. If it does then then he will probably survive a vote of confidence.

If it goes in after Wakefield and the Tories are absolutely smashed at the polls then he will lose.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 21:21 - Jun 4 with 2323 viewsFelstow1978

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:16 - Jun 4 by ElderGrizzly

The BBC are running scared of the Nazis and are self-censoring now.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 21:56 - Jun 4 with 2268 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 20:16 - Jun 4 by ElderGrizzly

That may be clutching at straws. The 2nd video is a separate, later interview with its own background noise. They’ve just cut in the pictures of BJ arriving. Apparently it would cause issues to add the original audio on top of the later audio. Or it’s easier not too. Either is a simpler explanation than looking for a conspiracy - apparently, according to sound engineers on Twitbook.

The BBC did refer to the boos in later pieces and on the website, so it doesn’t look like they were trying to erase them from the record.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:46 - Jun 4 with 2176 viewsRyorry

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 21:56 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

That may be clutching at straws. The 2nd video is a separate, later interview with its own background noise. They’ve just cut in the pictures of BJ arriving. Apparently it would cause issues to add the original audio on top of the later audio. Or it’s easier not too. Either is a simpler explanation than looking for a conspiracy - apparently, according to sound engineers on Twitbook.

The BBC did refer to the boos in later pieces and on the website, so it doesn’t look like they were trying to erase them from the record.

I know most on here hardly need convincing, but specially for DaveU, here's a special prezzie - a version with no official comms, just a multitude of peoples' phones (from about 22 secs).

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 1926 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:46 - Jun 4 by Ryorry

I know most on here hardly need convincing, but specially for DaveU, here's a special prezzie - a version with no official comms, just a multitude of peoples' phones (from about 22 secs).

Def turning against him. With a bit of luck it’ll force some more of their spineless MPs to submit letters. I can’t see anyway back for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:00 - Jun 5 with 1839 viewsHARRY10

The question is when will the 'hammer fall'. There appears to be more than the 54 MPs wanting rid of the incompetent liar, but will the vote be after the upcoming by election, or straight away this week.

Leaving it for another 3 weeks, and the likely hammering, would allow reluctant MPs to justify their backing of his removal.

Even if it then turns out there is not a majority of MPs wanting rid of him, it would mean there were enough to vote against, or abstain, (more likely) so as to cripple the government. No longer a majority in the house.

Whilst voters are understandable angry at the parties and the subsequent lies. MPs will be acutely aware of his incompetence - whereby far from acting as the government CEO he is absent, wandering the country for a another photo in a Hi Viz jacket.

This was his behaviour when he was mayor of London. Not at work, and being badly briefed at meetings. Known by some as the A&E mayor - not knowing his Arz from the Elbow.

A series of constant bad designs coupled with the inevitable u-turns has been the mark of his time. Possible the worst PM on recorded hstory.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 15:12 - Jun 5 with 1743 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EDITED in light of Swansea's comment above. Nothing to see here. I think it is fair to say that it wasn't a deliberate editorial removing of the sound on a replay.

And to answer the question "why edit it?" because what I had put before was not accurate in light of Swansea's comment. I removed what I had put about the BBC deliberately editing it that way because I no longer think that the BBC deliberately edited it that way.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 23:12]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:33 - Jun 5 with 1621 viewsEireannach_gorm

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 15:12 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

EDITED in light of Swansea's comment above. Nothing to see here. I think it is fair to say that it wasn't a deliberate editorial removing of the sound on a replay.

And to answer the question "why edit it?" because what I had put before was not accurate in light of Swansea's comment. I removed what I had put about the BBC deliberately editing it that way because I no longer think that the BBC deliberately edited it that way.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 23:12]

So why edit it?
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 1587 viewsRyorry

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 13:00 - Jun 5 by HARRY10

The question is when will the 'hammer fall'. There appears to be more than the 54 MPs wanting rid of the incompetent liar, but will the vote be after the upcoming by election, or straight away this week.

Leaving it for another 3 weeks, and the likely hammering, would allow reluctant MPs to justify their backing of his removal.

Even if it then turns out there is not a majority of MPs wanting rid of him, it would mean there were enough to vote against, or abstain, (more likely) so as to cripple the government. No longer a majority in the house.

Whilst voters are understandable angry at the parties and the subsequent lies. MPs will be acutely aware of his incompetence - whereby far from acting as the government CEO he is absent, wandering the country for a another photo in a Hi Viz jacket.

This was his behaviour when he was mayor of London. Not at work, and being badly briefed at meetings. Known by some as the A&E mayor - not knowing his Arz from the Elbow.

A series of constant bad designs coupled with the inevitable u-turns has been the mark of his time. Possible the worst PM on recorded hstory.

"Possible"?!

Incidentally, watched 'The Darkest Hour' film last night, very moving esp re Winston's inner doubts & turmoil. Johnson, who apparently hero-worships & aspires to be like him, needs to be told he's as much like Churchill as an ant is like an elephant.

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 23:34 - Jun 5 with 1553 viewsHARRY10

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:55 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

"Possible"?!

Incidentally, watched 'The Darkest Hour' film last night, very moving esp re Winston's inner doubts & turmoil. Johnson, who apparently hero-worships & aspires to be like him, needs to be told he's as much like Churchill as an ant is like an elephant.

Much if what is 'lmowm' about Churchill is myth. I think this is where the bloater gas drawn inspiration.

Churchill was pretty much ignored after '43 and was relegared ro photo ops. Even his famous cigar was a prop kept in his top pocket.

Johnson has followed him too close, with the V sign replaced by Johnson's idiotic two thumbs up accompanied by the sort of leer you would be worried about, were it to be seen near any Primary School gate.

it should also be noticed that a few weeks after the war Churchill was booted out of office after a record Labour landslide.

However, despite CHs flaws (there were many) and his odious views on certain subjects (product of his time?), I believe he had the interests of the country at heart. Johnson does not. Like all sociopaths he has no empathy for anyone else. And will use them through lying and false promises.

Having read a fair bit about Churchill. I cannot recall any comment about him ever having lied, never mind as casually and repeatedly as Johnson. Neither was CH a foul mouthed gobshte, with absolute contempt for others.

Johnson is not only a narcissist (part of being a sociopath), but spineless as well. A weak and shallow person who constantly blames others for his mistakes, and has no loyalty to anyone but himself.

The latter being something, I suspect, which will come back to bite his bloated arz over the coming weeks.... et tu Brutus
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 00:27 - Jun 6 with 1524 viewsChurchman

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 22:55 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

"Possible"?!

I really enjoyed The Darkest Hour. I enjoyed the feel, tension, pace and mood of it. Gary Oldman was brilliant as Churchill and the supporting cast were great too.

The film is not totally accurate any more than Ron Howard’s Apollo 13 was - another excellent film. That’s the nature of film making. Attached is a summary of fact and fiction about it that you may find interesting.

https://slate.com/culture/2017/12/whats-fact-and-whats-fiction-in-darkest-hour.h

People like to misrepresent and downplay Britain’s role in WW2. I don’t know why, but it’s very fashionable. They also like to point out Churchill’s many flaws and lack of influence once the Americans start building up for DDay and USSR starts pushing the German army back.

They are wrong to do that in my view too. Churchill is an interesting character. Useless in peacetime; a real old Victorian dinosaur but for those crucial years he was the right man in the right place at the right time. He deserves his place in history.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/how-churchill-led-britain-to-victory-in-the-secon
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 00:41 - Jun 6 with 1510 viewsXYZ

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 00:27 - Jun 6 by Churchman

I really enjoyed The Darkest Hour. I enjoyed the feel, tension, pace and mood of it. Gary Oldman was brilliant as Churchill and the supporting cast were great too.

The film is not totally accurate any more than Ron Howard’s Apollo 13 was - another excellent film. That’s the nature of film making. Attached is a summary of fact and fiction about it that you may find interesting.

https://slate.com/culture/2017/12/whats-fact-and-whats-fiction-in-darkest-hour.h

People like to misrepresent and downplay Britain’s role in WW2. I don’t know why, but it’s very fashionable. They also like to point out Churchill’s many flaws and lack of influence once the Americans start building up for DDay and USSR starts pushing the German army back.

They are wrong to do that in my view too. Churchill is an interesting character. Useless in peacetime; a real old Victorian dinosaur but for those crucial years he was the right man in the right place at the right time. He deserves his place in history.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/how-churchill-led-britain-to-victory-in-the-secon

"White Hall" where's that then?

One of your flaws might be dubious sources.
"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 00:49 - Jun 6 with 1502 viewsRyorry

"Finally people are seeing BorisJohnson for who he really is" on 00:27 - Jun 6 by Churchman

It was drummed into us kids at an early age by my Dad in particular (who had all 6 volumes of Churchill's account of WW2) that we simply wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Winston, so I've always felt a huge debt of thanks & respect for him, despite being made aware in later life of his flaws.

Dad was practically in tears watching his funeral train live on TV, as was I.

Seems fashionable to downplay many things these days - "cool" gone mad!

Gary Oldman didn't physically look much like Churchill I thought, but his acting was so superb he was completely convincing.

I'm guessing the scene on the tube never happened ..or? Also wondered whether his typist's bro being killed at Dunkirk was true?

Looking forward to reading those links later, thanks 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024