Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there be bids for Burns this summer? 09:22 - Jun 12 with 2135 viewsChrisd

He’s done well for Wales and put himself in the shop window, I do wonder if clubs will put in offers for him over the next few weeks. Yes, he’s signed a new contract, but every player has their price. Good luck to him, he’s taken his chance with both hands and certainly hasn’t looked out of place on the international stage which shows he can step up in levels.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:34 - Jun 12 with 2078 viewsKeno

if enough money gets offered I guess any player could move on

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:38 - Jun 12 with 2069 viewsJ2BLUE

There might be but we won't want to sell and he might not want to go. He's made the Wales squad and impressed while being here. Would be a big risk to move on and take that gamble and give himself just 3.5 months at a new club before the world cup begins.

I'm more worried about losing him in January than now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:52 - Jun 12 with 2001 viewsblueislander

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:34 - Jun 12 by Keno

if enough money gets offered I guess any player could move on

Although that is true, I would like to think that the players that are at Town have bought into the Manager’s vision of how we are going to play, and are keen to prove themselves. Maybe optimistic, and , no doubt if there are offers, the agents will get busy.
Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:54 - Jun 12 with 1993 viewstractorboy1978

Can't see any club offering us the sort of money we would want. If he was early 20s maybe but he will be 28 in November and hasn't played above L1 level other than a few sporadic appearances 7 years ago.

He's also very clearly happy here and you'd imagine on a lower end Championship contract already now.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 9:55]
Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:55 - Jun 12 with 1976 viewsEdmundo

The way the ub is run now, I would be okay with him going, as there would be a more than able replacement lined up, we would get a decent fee, and funds would be reinvested.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:04 - Jun 12 with 1910 viewsKeno

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:52 - Jun 12 by blueislander

Although that is true, I would like to think that the players that are at Town have bought into the Manager’s vision of how we are going to play, and are keen to prove themselves. Maybe optimistic, and , no doubt if there are offers, the agents will get busy.

I know what you mean.

I think if a was player I'd be more inclined to stay as Town do seem to be 'on the up', however if someone offered enough money to go to a new a opportunity I might be very tempted.

For instance if a firm I knew of on my 'home island' needed someone to help them with a new opportunity and made me a suitably attractive offer to join them I could be tempted ..... **ahem** .... obviously thats just a for instance....... **ahem** .... but ..... well ....... you know

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:07 - Jun 12 with 1897 viewsBattersea_Blue

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 09:38 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

There might be but we won't want to sell and he might not want to go. He's made the Wales squad and impressed while being here. Would be a big risk to move on and take that gamble and give himself just 3.5 months at a new club before the world cup begins.

I'm more worried about losing him in January than now.

Yes, let's say we're not in the top 6 come January and struggling for wins and he had a good world cup.

What bothers me more is if we don't make the top 6 this season. What do the owners/Ashton do then? Not just talking about Burns here, but all of our top players.

This is a massive season for us.
Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 1897 viewsWickets

As we are still trying to sort the left side out it would be a big blow if we were forced to sell Wes . On the plus side his confidence is likely to be sky high for the start of the season .
Login to get fewer ads

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:24 - Jun 12 with 1814 viewsJimmyJazz

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:07 - Jun 12 by Battersea_Blue

Yes, let's say we're not in the top 6 come January and struggling for wins and he had a good world cup.

What bothers me more is if we don't make the top 6 this season. What do the owners/Ashton do then? Not just talking about Burns here, but all of our top players.

This is a massive season for us.

At the world cup I see him being just a back up option, if Wales remain competitive until knocked out, i.e. no third game dead rubber where the team gets rotated, then i don't think he'll see much action

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 10:58 - Jun 12 with 1720 viewstextbackup

The romantic story is he’s with us on our journey to the prem, and becomes an ITFC legend. Something I can see happening…

Reality, we are buying players and if we make them better, and we sell for a big profit, I can handle this too.

Clubs in a good place, so I believe money would be reinvested and we’d find another replacement

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 11:26 - Jun 12 with 1592 viewsSomethingBlue

Unless it was a club with recent parachute money, and one that wanted to blow out a decent chunk of that money, I can’t see who would do it. Very unlikely.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 13:29 - Jun 12 with 1327 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Doubt it, he's just signed an extension that's a statement he's not for sale unless it's silly money

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 13:52 - Jun 12 with 1270 viewsringwoodblue

I wouldn’t sell him at any price as he is one of the best players we’ve had at the club for many years, is central to promotion this season and would be very difficult to replace. Same with Morsy.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 13:57 - Jun 12 with 1250 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 13:52 - Jun 12 by ringwoodblue

I wouldn’t sell him at any price as he is one of the best players we’ve had at the club for many years, is central to promotion this season and would be very difficult to replace. Same with Morsy.

At this level all players are replaceable but we really do not want to be changing too many. I can't imagine there are many clubs prepared to pay what we would be demanding for our better players right now. It is refreshing to be talking about interest in players more than whose contracts need paying up, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will there be bids for Burns this summer? on 21:37 - Jun 12 with 785 viewsArnieM

Burns is not getting much of a summer break is he .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024