Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Tasty and thats it" 11:49 - Jun 12 with 1635 viewsKeno

Russia's version of MaccyD's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61774475

Do any of our resident burger experts fancy trying it and giving a review?

I wonder whats in the Big Mac??
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 11:49]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"Tasty and thats it" on 11:56 - Jun 12 with 1596 viewsfactual_blue

It'll get flooded with one-star reviews on Tripadvisor.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:08 - Jun 12 with 1562 viewsCoastalblue

"Our goal is that our guests do not notice a difference either in quality or ambience," said Oleg Paroyev, CEO of Vkusno i Tochka.

That must be very disapointing if you're Russian.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 1553 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Must be quite tricky to do burgers and not notice a difference in quality to MacDonalds. Surely have to work hard to be that poor.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 1545 viewsblueasfook

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:12 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Must be quite tricky to do burgers and not notice a difference in quality to MacDonalds. Surely have to work hard to be that poor.

I rarely use McD's but I got something from the drive through the other week, and it was practically inedible. Consisted of a rank burger with dry meat in it and cold fries. The only thing that was remotely pallatable was the hot chocolate drink I got with it.

Absolutely appalling excuse for "food".

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 1507 viewsJ2BLUE

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:15 - Jun 12 by blueasfook

I rarely use McD's but I got something from the drive through the other week, and it was practically inedible. Consisted of a rank burger with dry meat in it and cold fries. The only thing that was remotely pallatable was the hot chocolate drink I got with it.

Absolutely appalling excuse for "food".

Even the hot chocolate is chocolate syrup and water.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:27 - Jun 12 with 1492 viewsCoastalblue

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:22 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Even the hot chocolate is chocolate syrup and water.

Yet it's immensley popular, I've never been able to fathom why but people seem to love it for some reason.

I remember travelling home from work during the early stages of the pandemic and the McD's near Chingford reopened for the first time. The road was blocked for about 2 miles with people queuing for the drivethrough, who would wait an hour for that?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:33 - Jun 12 with 1487 viewsChurchman

What’s interesting is that Russia has nearly completed its taking of east Ukraine, Ukraine is running out of weapons and being ground up bit by bit, Russia is hobbling the worlds economy due to its control of energy and grain, it’s revenue from energy is higher than its ever been, Putin has come clean on his objectives - a unification and control of the Slavic countries and beyond Peter the Great style, massacres, soldiers to be executed, cholera in Mariupol and the big media story here?

The opening of the McDonalds replacement and the quality of its food. Maybe Putin is right to view the west with such contempt.
"Tasty and thats it" on 13:23 - Jun 12 with 1412 viewscressi

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:33 - Jun 12 by Churchman

What’s interesting is that Russia has nearly completed its taking of east Ukraine, Ukraine is running out of weapons and being ground up bit by bit, Russia is hobbling the worlds economy due to its control of energy and grain, it’s revenue from energy is higher than its ever been, Putin has come clean on his objectives - a unification and control of the Slavic countries and beyond Peter the Great style, massacres, soldiers to be executed, cholera in Mariupol and the big media story here?

The opening of the McDonalds replacement and the quality of its food. Maybe Putin is right to view the west with such contempt.

Not had one in over 3
Years rank food
Login to get fewer ads

"Tasty and thats it" on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 1376 viewswaveneyblue

I never really get the hatred of McDonalds, to me it always does what it's supposed to do. Fills a hole and tastes reasonably decent when you need food on the go.

But then again it's the most TWTD thing to knock things that are popular with the masses... Certain food, drinks, pubs, comedians, music artist's all get the same treatment, basically if it's popular its crap.
"Tasty and thats it" on 13:45 - Jun 12 with 1376 viewsChurchman

"Tasty and thats it" on 13:23 - Jun 12 by cressi

Not had one in over 3
Years rank food

It’s ok as ‘emergency food’, especially if nowhere else is open. It’s also consistent in that if you have one at LA airport, it’ll be exactly the same as the Strand, so you know what you’re getting.

What I do know is that they operate McDonalds to pretty rigorous hygiene standards, training, processes etc and I suspect if anything, that’s what will slip with the Russian versions.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 13:50]
"Tasty and thats it" on 14:02 - Jun 12 with 1321 viewsLord_Lucan

"Tasty and thats it" on 13:45 - Jun 12 by Churchman

It’s ok as ‘emergency food’, especially if nowhere else is open. It’s also consistent in that if you have one at LA airport, it’ll be exactly the same as the Strand, so you know what you’re getting.

What I do know is that they operate McDonalds to pretty rigorous hygiene standards, training, processes etc and I suspect if anything, that’s what will slip with the Russian versions.

Food aside, McDonald’s is an amazing company.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:04 - Jun 12 with 1236 viewsronnyd

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:27 - Jun 12 by Coastalblue

Yet it's immensley popular, I've never been able to fathom why but people seem to love it for some reason.

I remember travelling home from work during the early stages of the pandemic and the McD's near Chingford reopened for the first time. The road was blocked for about 2 miles with people queuing for the drivethrough, who would wait an hour for that?

Was holidaying in Playa del Ingles on Grand Caneria some years ago. They had a great boardwalk with loads of good bars and restaurants to choose from and the only one packed out every night was bloody MacDonalds.
"Tasty and thats it" on 15:15 - Jun 12 with 1223 viewseastangliaisblue

When i'm hungover McDonald's transforms into food of the gods.
"Tasty and thats it" on 15:30 - Jun 12 with 1201 viewsKeno

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:15 - Jun 12 by eastangliaisblue

In fairness when I’m drunk you look like an angelic sex goddess

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:30 - Jun 12 with 1202 viewsjaykay

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:04 - Jun 12 by ronnyd

Was holidaying in Playa del Ingles on Grand Caneria some years ago. They had a great boardwalk with loads of good bars and restaurants to choose from and the only one packed out every night was bloody MacDonalds.

was going to say the same about most of the countries in the far east. great street food quick and cheap but the big mac outlets which are springing up everywhere , are always packed out

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:31 - Jun 12 with 1197 viewsChurchman

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:15 - Jun 12 by eastangliaisblue

Funny that. Of course, navigating back after a good evening and a kebab is the holy grail of nosebag.

A few beers, an elephants leg and chips with chilli sauce in the evening followed by a double sausage McMuffin (no egg) McDongburger in the morning and alls well.

Ahh healthy living.
"Tasty and thats it" on 15:35 - Jun 12 with 1193 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Tasty and thats it" on 12:08 - Jun 12 by Coastalblue

"Our goal is that our guests do not notice a difference either in quality or ambience," said Oleg Paroyev, CEO of Vkusno i Tochka.

That must be very disapointing if you're Russian.

Yeah, I was wondering why they’re setting such a low bar.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:40 - Jun 12 with 1188 viewsronnyd

"Tasty and thats it" on 15:30 - Jun 12 by jaykay

was going to say the same about most of the countries in the far east. great street food quick and cheap but the big mac outlets which are springing up everywhere , are always packed out

Presumed at the time that it was just expats and UK tourists making it so. Why the hell locals would want inedible cardboard is beyond me.
"Tasty and thats it" on 23:24 - Jun 12 with 979 viewsLord_Lucan

"Tasty and thats it" on 13:45 - Jun 12 by Churchman

Another good thing about McDonald's is whether you buy a Big Mac in Burnley or London Heathrow it's the same price - other multiple fast food outlets tend to run different pricing structures, so for example, the price of your Whoppa or Bargain Bucket will differ dramatically depending on where you bought and ate it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"Tasty and thats it" on 08:47 - Jun 13 with 818 viewsChurchman

"Tasty and thats it" on 23:24 - Jun 12 by Lord_Lucan

Another good thing about McDonald's is whether you buy a Big Mac in Burnley or London Heathrow it's the same price - other multiple fast food outlets tend to run different pricing structures, so for example, the price of your Whoppa or Bargain Bucket will differ dramatically depending on where you bought and ate it.

Even Greggs do that. A sausage roll in London was 10p more expensive than outside it.
"Tasty and thats it" on 08:58 - Jun 13 with 800 viewsWD19

Sanctions are biting.

Tens of thousands of people are 'missing' from the conflict zone.

No thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024