Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns 18:53 - Jul 25 with 2052 viewsBobsthename

Someone who since last season has been capped by his national side and done ok but is this going to reflect in his performances for us because i noticed Saturdays effort was not all that and to be honest not heard him really having a good game in any of the friendlies hope i’m wrong.
Burns on 18:58 - Jul 25 with 1975 viewsBarcaBlue

Do you hope you're wrong or just looking for a negative angle? Based on last season, what we saw of him the season before and a couple of decent performances for Wales, I don't get what or why you're asking really.
Burns on 19:14 - Jul 25 with 1904 viewsBobsthename

Burns on 18:58 - Jul 25 by BarcaBlue

Do you hope you're wrong or just looking for a negative angle? Based on last season, what we saw of him the season before and a couple of decent performances for Wales, I don't get what or why you're asking really.

My point being is perhaps he has his sights set on the world cup and therefore don’t want to get injured meaning he might not be putting in 100% in his game we will see saturday.
Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:23 - Jul 25 with 1849 viewsBloots

Burns on 19:14 - Jul 25 by Bobsthename

My point being is perhaps he has his sights set on the world cup and therefore don’t want to get injured meaning he might not be putting in 100% in his game we will see saturday.

....or at least should be.

He's very much on the cusp of the Welsh World Cup squad.

If he doesn't perform for us during the first half of the season, it's unlikely he'll get a call up.

Maybe he's just crap and last season was a flash in the pan.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 1837 viewsBobsthename

Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:23 - Jul 25 by Bloots

....or at least should be.

He's very much on the cusp of the Welsh World Cup squad.

If he doesn't perform for us during the first half of the season, it's unlikely he'll get a call up.

Maybe he's just crap and last season was a flash in the pan.

I doubt he is crap but players get their heads turned when something is tempting them.
Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 1807 viewsFrimleyBlue

Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:25 - Jul 25 by Bobsthename

I doubt he is crap but players get their heads turned when something is tempting them.

I'm of the opinion he's either playing at 70% capability after a tough summer. Or we haven't gone fully out there with our usual donacien/ burns right side positions to enable new signings to get used to their own positions and responsibilities before we start to spread the play.

It could also be that the opponents know of his threat and have ensured he doesn't get any space.

Various different reasons. We will find out next week really.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 20:24 - Jul 25 with 1680 viewsBarcaBlue

Surely the exact opposite is true....? on 19:25 - Jul 25 by Bobsthename

That's just not right though, is it? I mean apart from the football fan speak of having his head turned, a player on the fringes of the national squad would be looking to catch the eye as Burns did last season.

Maybe he just had a couple of quiet games for one reason or another and that's all.
Burns on 20:27 - Jul 25 with 1658 viewsMullet

FFS Bob. We're gonna win the league.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Burns on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 1614 viewsStokieBlue

Honestly, sometimes the logic displayed by some on this forum is appalling.

If he had his sights set on the world cup he would have to try even harder to make the squad because at the moment I doubt he's in it, being injured would be the least of his worries.

You just wanted to be negative, like quite a few unfortunately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Burns on 20:56 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewsSheffordBlue

He's two weeks behind everyone else in preseason

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Burns on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 1411 viewsBlueBadger

Your yellow tail feathers are hanging out, old man.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 21:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Burns on 21:25 - Jul 25 with 1389 viewsIllinoisblue

Definitely the way to win a World Cup squad place would be to play sheeite. Such a master plan.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Burns on 22:10 - Jul 25 with 1222 viewsBigCommon

Just had the season of his life.. Top scorer, multiple awards, International call up, new improved contract..
Wouldn't judge him too harshly on a couple of pre season friendlies.
He's saving it for a packed out PR..
Burns on 22:20 - Jul 25 with 1156 viewsNthQldITFC

Burns on 21:21 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

I'm a bit pissed, and I've logged in to comment, and consequently can't see what he said (and can't remember), but I do know that I agree with you! There's a definite whiff of cuttlefish and Trill in the air.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Burns on 22:24 - Jul 25 with 1119 viewsVaughan8

Someone.mentioned the other day that burns looked rubbish in friendlies last season before being our best player.

I wouldn't read too much into friendlies. You're not entirely sure how much they are putting in etc.
Burns on 22:32 - Jul 25 with 1092 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sometimes I read sh*t on here and find it genuinely painful working out how on earth anyone can hop,skip and jump to such a wildly ridiculous conclusion?

You’re out here saying that because Burns was hard-working and positive for us to the extent of getting an international call up, he is going to show little effort for us now since he played for Wales and has had a taste of what that hard work achieves? Based on.. an upcoming international tournament that he will have to earn his spot in, presumably via hard work and positivity, and that you ‘noticed Saturdays effort was not all that’.

Get a grip.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Burns on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 1054 viewsBobsthename

Burns on 21:21 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

Your banging the wrong drum there ,I can assure you i’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years a town supporter since the 70s .
I think i read a while back you don’t go hardly at all.🤫🤫
Burns on 22:50 - Jul 25 with 1024 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Bob's the name, fairly woeful trolling's the game!

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Burns on 22:54 - Jul 25 with 991 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns on 22:41 - Jul 25 by Bobsthename

Your banging the wrong drum there ,I can assure you i’ve been a season ticket holder for 23 years a town supporter since the 70s .

Don't worry Bob. You're entitled to your view. You crack on. It's up to others to share their views and why they disagree with yours. Unfortunately most can't do so without getting personal. It's the bad side of the Internet.

Waka waka eh eh

Burns on 22:57 - Jul 25 with 984 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns on 22:32 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Sometimes I read sh*t on here and find it genuinely painful working out how on earth anyone can hop,skip and jump to such a wildly ridiculous conclusion?

You’re out here saying that because Burns was hard-working and positive for us to the extent of getting an international call up, he is going to show little effort for us now since he played for Wales and has had a taste of what that hard work achieves? Based on.. an upcoming international tournament that he will have to earn his spot in, presumably via hard work and positivity, and that you ‘noticed Saturdays effort was not all that’.

Get a grip.

Tbf to the poster. It's not unusual to see players get a new deal and suddenly not be as good as before.

I Don't believe this is the case here. I'll make that clear. But the OP is entitled to his view.

Waka waka eh eh

Burns on 23:07 - Jul 25 with 957 viewsBobsthename

Burns on 22:32 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Get a grip.

I’m saying what i’m seeing i watched Saturday he was well off his usual game anyone that watched it will agree,Edwards done more in ten minutes when he replaced him than Burns done in eighty that’s why maybe i’m thinking something ain’t right.
Burns on 23:52 - Jul 25 with 899 viewsjaykay

Burns on 22:41 - Jul 25 by Bobsthename

didn't bonnenil come up with how many years he been watching the town
anyone with a minus 50 or more from the comments section must be a badun

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Burns on 00:08 - Jul 26 with 872 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Are you Frimmers?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Burns on 08:24 - Jul 26 with 643 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Burns on 23:52 - Jul 25 by jaykay

didn't bonnenil come up with how many years he been watching the town
anyone with a minus 50 or more from the comments section must be a badun

If not a budgie, strong BonneNIL / formerly banned GrandadDel poster vibes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024