Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All-white Women Euro 2022 team 22:42 - Jul 28 with 10505 viewsOldsmoker

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12647577/womens-euros-2022-all-whi

Hmmm. Is this a thing?
Is the team racist?
We have a centre forward called White - is that the slam dunk obvious fact that says Yes - we are a racist team.
Alex Scott is part of the BBC team of presenters so does that mean no (??).
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 22:42]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:37 - Aug 1 with 1170 viewsStokieBlue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:11 - Aug 1 by GlasgowBlue

Out of 78 countries worldwide, we are ranked as 16th in the table of least racist countries.

'Generally, the most tolerant countries in both studies were Scandinavian countries, Latin countries, and the United Kingdom and its former colonies (Australia, Canada, and New Zealand). In contrast, the least racially tolerant countries (Qatar, Serbia, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka) tended to be located in Africa and Asia'.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/least-racist-countries

And this may not meet with universal agreement on here but can you think of any party, let alone a right of centre Conservative party from the USA through Japan to Europe, that would have such a diverse leadership list as we saw when Johnson quit?

Even if you think that the individuals who put themselves forward are appalling people themselves, doesn’t it say something good about the UK and it's diversity?

Once again, it's probably best for those who actually experience the racism to opine on whether there is a problem in the UK (and from studies they seem to feel there is).

Having a diverse cabinet isn't really any form of argument in my opinion, MP's and parties are generally picked for their views rather than their appearance. An example of this would be Britain First supporting Badenoch which shows that they valued her right-wing opinions more than anything else. It's also worth pointing out that those are generally very well off members of their ethnic minorities who seem to have no problem trying to stop more people of their ethnicity coming to the UK.

It also wasn't that long ago that you were holding out the left of the Labour party as hugely racist. That doesn't seem to tally with the overall gist of your post.

I know that since Brexit some people from ethnic minorities have felt more and more uncomfortable and unwanted. We should be investigating why they feel that way, not congratulating ourselves that we aren't the most racist country from our positions as fairly privileged white men.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:44 - Aug 1 with 1132 viewsLord_Lucan

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 11:07 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

My point was more around the fact that's it's irrelevant how racist the UK is compared to the rest of the world, what matters is the feelings and opinions of those who live in the UK and feel it's racist.

I thought that was fairly clear.

SB

You highlighted my quotation in bold letters

"I also think UK is one of the least racist countries in the world."

And you then you went on to ramble on about something that did not represent my quotation.

Not sure what happened to you over the past year or so, you used to be a more than ok bloke but now you just dart around the board pulling people up like some kind of have a go hero.

LL
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:45]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:49 - Aug 1 with 1115 viewsDinDjarin

I dont get how everyone who does not live in the inner cities is privileged and has access to transport which means their precious Chloe can get to use all these wonderful facilities?
Are there no poor, single parent under privileged people that live in small towns and villages?

Even if the facilities are out of town then children still need to be driven there regardless.
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:52 - Aug 1 with 1088 viewsStokieBlue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:44 - Aug 1 by Lord_Lucan

You highlighted my quotation in bold letters

"I also think UK is one of the least racist countries in the world."

And you then you went on to ramble on about something that did not represent my quotation.

Not sure what happened to you over the past year or so, you used to be a more than ok bloke but now you just dart around the board pulling people up like some kind of have a go hero.

LL
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:45]

Perhaps there is a lot more stuff that needs pulling up nowadays?

Given the amount of abuse I got on here over covid for simply posting scientifically correct information I don't really care that much anymore what the board opinion of me is. You seem to be upset that I don't tend to agree with you much anymore which might not have been the case a decade ago.

For instance I wouldn't have said this:

In my opinion, some of your posting over the previous week has been pretty misogynistic and it's no surprise to me that not many woman come on this forum anymore.

SB

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 1076 viewsSteve_M

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:49 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

I dont get how everyone who does not live in the inner cities is privileged and has access to transport which means their precious Chloe can get to use all these wonderful facilities?
Are there no poor, single parent under privileged people that live in small towns and villages?

Even if the facilities are out of town then children still need to be driven there regardless.

"Even if the facilities are out of town then children still need to be driven there regardless."

You've got that the wrong way round, the point is that it is those parents who can afford the time and expense to ferry their daughters around - regardless of where they live - that have historically dominated girls academies.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:54 - Aug 1 with 1070 viewsDinDjarin

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:53 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

"Even if the facilities are out of town then children still need to be driven there regardless."

You've got that the wrong way round, the point is that it is those parents who can afford the time and expense to ferry their daughters around - regardless of where they live - that have historically dominated girls academies.

OK, on that point I presume there are no black youngsters involved in the boys youth setups regardless of where the facilities are located?
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:55 - Aug 1 with 1070 viewsitfcjoe

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:49 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

And these people will also miss out, because clubs aren't putting on transport to get girls to training like they would boys as for professional clubs it's a transactional relationship and there isn't the value.

Ipswich have girls from far and wide playing through us through youth set up - lots from Essex, Norfolk and Hertfordshire - as the biggest girls youth side in the area it's clear that there are a lot of barriers in place for girls getting good quality coaching

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:57 - Aug 1 with 1044 viewsLord_Lucan

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:52 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Given the amount of abuse I got on here over covid for simply posting scientifically correct information I don't really care that much anymore what the board opinion of me is. You seem to be upset that I don't tend to agree with you much anymore which might not have been the case a decade ago.

In my opinion, some of your posting over the previous week has been pretty misogynistic and it's no surprise to me that not many woman come on this forum anymore.

SB

Oh righteo

Although, in my opinion you are welcome to your opinion.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:58]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:57 - Aug 1 with 1036 viewsitfcjoe

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:54 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

OK, on that point I presume there are no black youngsters involved in the boys youth setups regardless of where the facilities are located?

I mentioned above, but Brentford announced that they spent over £200k a year ferrying boys to and from training via taxis, bus fares and train fares, and most clubs do similar - we have always had a minibus running from Brentwood, Colchester etc for training to get likes of Downes, Nydam, etc to Playford Road and no doubt dozens of boys who haven't made it

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:03 - Aug 1 with 1004 viewsDinDjarin

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:57 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

I mentioned above, but Brentford announced that they spent over £200k a year ferrying boys to and from training via taxis, bus fares and train fares, and most clubs do similar - we have always had a minibus running from Brentwood, Colchester etc for training to get likes of Downes, Nydam, etc to Playford Road and no doubt dozens of boys who haven't made it

You are talking at the elite level. The general consensus is there is no facilities for girls to get involved in football from a young age like from 5, 6 yrs old. I dont believe that to be the case as most will play for local grass roots teams who use schools, parks etc for their training and facilities.

Maybe there is an issue when they progress up the ladder to more elite setups, I dont know.

I have been involved in girls football for the last 10 years as a coach and if we ever had to play teams from Essex more often than not you would have at least an equal mix of black / white. Not the same in Suffolk but that is probably expected although the Ipswich based clubs usually have a good mix but not quite as many.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 15:53]
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:07 - Aug 1 with 1000 viewsblueasfook

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:52 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Its not just LL. I have noticed too you seem to be a grumpy old man always looking for a fight these days.

Who hurt you?

BAF

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:12 - Aug 1 with 984 viewsStokieBlue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:07 - Aug 1 by blueasfook

Its not just LL. I have noticed too you seem to be a grumpy old man always looking for a fight these days.

Who hurt you?

BAF

Luckily, I'm very happy and calm in my life and am certainly not looking for a fight.

It's just people like you, especially you, continually post offensive rubbish and most who would have previously challenged you have been driven from the boards one way or another.

Even your last sentence is fairly offensive, pokes fun at questions asked to real abuse victims but to be honest I don't expect anything less from you.

SB

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:18 - Aug 1 with 964 viewsblueasfook

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:12 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Luckily, I'm very happy and calm in my life and am certainly not looking for a fight.

It's just people like you, especially you, continually post offensive rubbish and most who would have previously challenged you have been driven from the boards one way or another.

Even your last sentence is fairly offensive, pokes fun at questions asked to real abuse victims but to be honest I don't expect anything less from you.

SB

Wow. No, you just seem to exist here these days to pull people up as some kind of self-appointed arbiter of what's appropriate. You even tried to pick on Sitters last week - but that backfired on you.

It's like you've been completely drained of any kind of sense of humour.

I feel sorry for you.

BAF

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:27 - Aug 1 with 923 viewsStokieBlue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:18 - Aug 1 by blueasfook

Wow. No, you just seem to exist here these days to pull people up as some kind of self-appointed arbiter of what's appropriate. You even tried to pick on Sitters last week - but that backfired on you.

It's like you've been completely drained of any kind of sense of humour.

I feel sorry for you.

BAF

You don't need to feel sorry for me, most of the things you and some others seem to think are funny are pretty offensive to many people who don't tend to have a voice in the echo chamber that TWTD has become. It used to be an even split of views but it's incredibly skewed towards the 1990's lads vibe now which is unfortunate given it's 2022.

The historical yelling of "left wing echo chamber" looks ridiculous given what we have ended up with.

Save your pity for someone who both wants and deserves it.

SB

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:48 - Aug 1 with 881 viewsSteve_M

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:03 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

You are talking at the elite level. The general consensus is there is no facilities for girls to get involved in football from a young age like from 5, 6 yrs old. I dont believe that to be the case as most will play for local grass roots teams who use schools, parks etc for their training and facilities.

Maybe there is an issue when they progress up the ladder to more elite setups, I dont know.

I have been involved in girls football for the last 10 years as a coach and if we ever had to play teams from Essex more often than not you would have at least an equal mix of black / white. Not the same in Suffolk but that is probably expected although the Ipswich based clubs usually have a good mix but not quite as many.

But this is a conversation about the elite level though and why there might be a discrepancy in the make-up of this team. It may also be better now than when this generation were kids.

"The general consensus is there is no facilities for girls to get involved in football from young age like from 5, 6 yrs old."

I'm not sure anyone is disputing that and the intent behind the question isn't to disparage the work you and lot of other dedicated people have done.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 854 viewsDinDjarin

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:48 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

But this is a conversation about the elite level though and why there might be a discrepancy in the make-up of this team. It may also be better now than when this generation were kids.

"The general consensus is there is no facilities for girls to get involved in football from young age like from 5, 6 yrs old."

I'm not sure anyone is disputing that and the intent behind the question isn't to disparage the work you and lot of other dedicated people have done.

Its when Ian Wright harps on about football should be offered to girls in P.E which is a valid point to be fair. But he was not commenting on elite level girls but young girls who are still wanting to play but unable through their school.
Although to be fair my daughter's school did have a girls football team and they played against several other schools across Suffolk.

If a girl is good enough and on the radar then they will get scouted as know several locally who are now at West Ham, Ipswich U21s, Essex RDC, Cambridge and Colchester.

I get that transport is required to get the girls to various locations and is down to the parent to get them there but it is the same for boys until they get scouted and onto professional academies. Until that point they would have had to be driven about also.

Just to add I know that Ipswich Girls U21's as previously mentioned come from far afield but they get boarding and education at St Josephs so they can organise study around the football calendar.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 16:04]
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:07 - Aug 1 with 821 viewsbluejacko

FGS is this still going on! Why can’t people just except that at this particular time the team is the bloody team🙄 no matter the colour of somebody’s skin.
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:10 - Aug 1 with 817 viewsDinDjarin

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:07 - Aug 1 by bluejacko

FGS is this still going on! Why can’t people just except that at this particular time the team is the bloody team🙄 no matter the colour of somebody’s skin.

Thats the point I am getting at.
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:21 - Aug 1 with 775 viewsitfcjoe

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 16:10 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

Thats the point I am getting at.

There's a big difference between saying the best players play, which is obviously the case and no one is arguing that, and that there could well be very good reasons why there are very few BAME representatives at the top of the womens game in England.

As far as I can see no one is saying that race is at play, but opportunities may not exist for populations that are more heavily BAME.

South London is probably the area in the world at the moment, or level with the Parisian suburbs, for producing world class footballers - it seems strange that there are only 2 girls in the squad born in London (population 9.5m) and shows that the big clubs aren't being anywhere near as successful with their youth development as they are on the mens side and if these massive swathes of the population that get the best access on the boys side, got the same on the girls then the talent pool should increase

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 17:04 - Aug 1 with 717 viewsGlasgowBlue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 14:37 - Aug 1 by StokieBlue

Once again, it's probably best for those who actually experience the racism to opine on whether there is a problem in the UK (and from studies they seem to feel there is).

Having a diverse cabinet isn't really any form of argument in my opinion, MP's and parties are generally picked for their views rather than their appearance. An example of this would be Britain First supporting Badenoch which shows that they valued her right-wing opinions more than anything else. It's also worth pointing out that those are generally very well off members of their ethnic minorities who seem to have no problem trying to stop more people of their ethnicity coming to the UK.

It also wasn't that long ago that you were holding out the left of the Labour party as hugely racist. That doesn't seem to tally with the overall gist of your post.

I know that since Brexit some people from ethnic minorities have felt more and more uncomfortable and unwanted. We should be investigating why they feel that way, not congratulating ourselves that we aren't the most racist country from our positions as fairly privileged white men.

SB

Where to start?

Of course those who actually experience the racism should decide on whether there is a problem in the UK. I said this regarding the feeling of 86% of British Jews were calling the leader of the Labour party anti semite. Some people stood on the sidelines and said things like "I don't really know that much about antisemtism to comment".

My link isn't inconsistent with that view. I never said there wasn't racism in this country. To people on the end of racism, it matters little whether we are 16th, first or last. But the study is a fair reflection of where the UK sits in being tolerant.

Is there racism in the UK? Of course there is. Have we moved forward and become a more tolerant country since the 1960's? Absolutely. And when I'm dead and gone, my kids generation and their kids generation will have moved things on even further.

I didn't say diverse cabinet. I said leadership contenders. Whether you agree or not, even ten years ago the line up of candidates for the Tory leadership would have been pale, male and stale. I think the diversity of the leadership candidates reflects how we have moved on since racism was far more prevalent.

We have a BAME mayor of London. 5O years ago it was not uncommon in London to see signs saying "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish.

The Britain first endorsement turned out to be fake didn't it? Besides which, former BNP leader Nick Griffin did publicly endorse Jeremy Corbyn on more than one occasion. I believe we were told at the time that Jeremy can't help who endorses hiom and should not be a reflection of his views.

I dealt with your third point in my first para. I could expand, but do we really want another ten pages of Daft Koont hijacking the thread in order to make Jewish posters feel uncomfortable once again.

Pointing out how well we have progressed over the past few decades in becoming a more tolerant country is not congratulating ourselves. We can congratulate ourselves when racism and intolerance of any kind has been completely eradicated. My reply was to Lucan and I linked a study that showed us as the 16th least racist country in the world. Is 16th good enough? Of course not. Did I post anything that could be perceived as back slapping, or make any comment that put me at odds with my posting history on the antisemitism issue? Nope. Only you saw that.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 18:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 17:16 - Aug 1 with 692 viewsblue62

Nikita Parris did play a part in the game, small part so its wrong to say the whole team is white.
You also have Demi Stokes and Jess Carter in the squad.
All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 495 viewsBogblue

All-white Women Euro 2022 team on 15:03 - Aug 1 by DinDjarin

This sounds also like ongoing damage from school playing fields being sold off years ago. Maybe arrangements were put in place for boys to be bussed to sports clubs etc because of the automatic expectation they'd play football, whereas for girls there was no such expectation, so probably little or no protest from the girls or their parents if such arrangements weren't made

Edited to say apologies, addressed my reply to wrong person, this was meant to be a reply to ITFCJoe's last post above
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 18:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024