Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 players short? 10:56 - Jul 31 with 2547 viewsWallingford_Boy

A dominant centre back, creative number 10, a striker who can finish.

Yeah I know we have centre backs… is JD good enough?

RIP Sir Bobby

3 players short? on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 1959 viewsITFCBlues

I didn't see JD put a foot wrong yesterday? Not to mention, it's not exactly a proper CB either is it? He was getting forward a fair amount and helping with the attacking play.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

3 players short? on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 1958 viewscressi

Personally I think our centre backs are fine just iron out a couple of little bits in their game. We have Burgess, Ball and Davis when up to speed who can fill in.
Another creative midfielder I agree
I think Ladapo is fine but we need two for sure with injuries, suspension lack of form or a change of formation.
3 players short? on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 1945 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 players short? on 11:14 - Jul 31 by ITFCBlues

I didn't see JD put a foot wrong yesterday? Not to mention, it's not exactly a proper CB either is it? He was getting forward a fair amount and helping with the attacking play.

Yeah harsh on JD,as a three though never entirely convinced… always an error lurking.

RIP Sir Bobby

3 players short? on 11:18 - Jul 31 with 1921 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

3 players short? on 11:16 - Jul 31 by Wallingford_Boy

Yeah harsh on JD,as a three though never entirely convinced… always an error lurking.

Strange how others see the game, I thought he was our 2nd best player behind Morsy.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

3 players short? on 11:21 - Jul 31 with 1891 viewshoppy

"always an error lurking."

He was probably our most consistent player last season. I don't recall too many errors, to label him as such?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

3 players short? on 11:21 - Jul 31 with 1885 viewsDJR

But a decent Bolton side was limited to five shots, and only one on target, so in my view the defence were absolutely fine. And I doubt they will play a team this season which presses as well as Bolton.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 11:26]
3 players short? on 11:32 - Jul 31 with 1769 viewsSomethingBlue

We're OK on the first of those, if there's a problem with JD we can put Burgess in and move the others across. The others — I agree.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

3 players short? on 11:44 - Jul 31 with 1701 viewsnodge_blue

We absolutely need a top striker. We won’t go up without one.

Jackson will never score 20 plus in a season. The arsenal lad is probably too raw still. Showed some nice bits but we can’t bank in him. And Freddie looked ok. Looks like he is a solid presence but I don’t see him getting 20 goals either.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

3 players short? on 11:46 - Jul 31 with 1682 viewsFoD_Blue

Would a replacement for JD have the same link up and understanding with Burns a JD seems to have.
JD and Burns appear to love playing together. They have an understanding and it appears great respect for each other. Why break that up?
3 players short? on 11:47 - Jul 31 with 1673 viewslowhouseblue

we need a striker. the rest is already there for this division.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

3 players short? on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 1655 viewsTractorWood

We are desperate for a striker. Without one it will be another season of creating 20 chances every game but ultimately drawing.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

3 players short? on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 1655 viewsDyland

3 players short? on 11:21 - Jul 31 by hoppy

"always an error lurking."

He was probably our most consistent player last season. I don't recall too many errors, to label him as such?

Agreed. Wolf is the most prone to errors or rather being caught in possession imo. That's not a criticism btw, just that of the three Janoi is probably the least error prone, over last season and a bit anyway.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

3 players short? on 11:55 - Jul 31 with 1591 viewsGlasgowBlue

3 players short? on 11:47 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

we need a striker. the rest is already there for this division.

A fox in the box. The hall was in the Bolton penalty area a few times.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

3 players short? on 12:08 - Jul 31 with 1507 viewsDJR

3 players short? on 11:49 - Jul 31 by Dyland

Agreed. Wolf is the most prone to errors or rather being caught in possession imo. That's not a criticism btw, just that of the three Janoi is probably the least error prone, over last season and a bit anyway.

Maybe Wolf starts the season a bit slowly, but I don't recall any errors last season from when he got back into the team. The other thing is that his errors are perhaps a bit more noticed/fatal because he is in the centre of defence. Whatever, the position, defence is not the issue.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:09]
3 players short? on 12:10 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewsstopmoaning

I don’t think we need anyone apart from a striker.
3 players short? on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 1443 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

3 players short? on 12:10 - Jul 31 by stopmoaning

I don’t think we need anyone apart from a striker.

I don't think we'll win many games like that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

3 players short? on 12:17 - Jul 31 with 1423 viewsZXBlue

Its a bizarre op. Of all of them, JD was comfortably the most secure yesterday and he was arguably playing as a right back much of the time.
3 players short? on 12:24 - Jul 31 with 1350 viewsDeano69

From the 11 that were on the pitch at the final whistle we are just missing a more prolific striker. Everywhere else we are well catered for with almost an equally decent replacement off the bench.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

3 players short? on 12:24 - Jul 31 with 1350 viewsX0Y0

JD has been one of our most consistent players. He perfectly suits the style of play for McKenna. He has a great relationship with Burns on the right and is ever present in contributing to our attack, whilst some of the players have stated that he is the best 1-on-1 defender at the club.

Furthermore, he's not injury prone so we are llikely to get most of 46 games out of him (cue him slipping in the shower at this exact moment!)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:35]
3 players short? on 12:26 - Jul 31 with 1339 viewsVegtablue

One top striker is the only crucial ingredient for me, not that I'd turn down a Celina type if on offer! I think our defence is more than strong enough.
3 players short? on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 1215 viewsDyland

3 players short? on 12:08 - Jul 31 by DJR

Maybe Wolf starts the season a bit slowly, but I don't recall any errors last season from when he got back into the team. The other thing is that his errors are perhaps a bit more noticed/fatal because he is in the centre of defence. Whatever, the position, defence is not the issue.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:09]

Totally agree. And even the very best top defenders get caught out sometimes, especially when they were younger.

3 players short? on 12:50 - Jul 31 with 1210 viewsVeggie

Is JD good enough? He’s been our most consistent player since KMc came in.

You sure Bluefish hasn’t hacked your account?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:52]
3 players short? on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 1136 viewsbackwaywhen

3 players short? on 11:48 - Jul 31 by TractorWood

We are desperate for a striker. Without one it will be another season of creating 20 chances every game but ultimately drawing.

I see that Clarke Harris got his first 2 of many no doubt , for Peterborough yesterday , cracking goals as well …… he is the one I would like in our team .
3 players short? on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 1134 viewsDyland

3 players short? on 12:50 - Jul 31 by Veggie

Is JD good enough? He’s been our most consistent player since KMc came in.

You sure Bluefish hasn’t hacked your account?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:52]

Ask him what he thinks of Jackson to make sure :)

3 players short? on 13:27 - Jul 31 with 1036 viewsVeggie

3 players short? on 13:01 - Jul 31 by backwaywhen

I see that Clarke Harris got his first 2 of many no doubt , for Peterborough yesterday , cracking goals as well …… he is the one I would like in our team .

Barry Fry would get us to pay £20m and he suddenly wouldn’t be able to hit an Amazon warehouse with an iPhone (contemporary analogy).
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 13:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024