Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh set to sign 11:09 - Aug 9 with 9810 viewsUppaTowen78

Seems odd
Keogh set to sign on 11:25 - Aug 9 with 1179 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 by CityBlue

On his way for medical as we speak...which I think he may fail, depending on how much scar tissue is on his MCL and ACL from the infamous Derby incident. Would be a great addition to the backroom staff and I guess they see him as a steady hand to guide our youngsters (noting how young are backs are).

Lol.

Which club do you work as a doctor for?

He was fine to sign for Huddersfield and MK Dons and Blackpool play most games but you think he's failing his medical do you?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:27]
Keogh set to sign on 11:25 - Aug 9 with 1176 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 by CityBlue

On his way for medical as we speak...which I think he may fail, depending on how much scar tissue is on his MCL and ACL from the infamous Derby incident. Would be a great addition to the backroom staff and I guess they see him as a steady hand to guide our youngsters (noting how young are backs are).

I hope Tom Lawrence isn't driving.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Keogh set to sign on 11:25 - Aug 9 with 1178 viewsMediocre_Quick

Not against this if he's coming in purely as a back up option, can't see him being a starter over JD, Fridge and Woolf,

Good solid experienced defender to help the likes of Fridge and Woolf progress and grow as players
Keogh set to sign on 11:26 - Aug 9 with 1171 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Surprised at how negative some are being to this on here.

He was one of the best players last season (according to their fans) in a decent championship side. With us playing 3 CBs, he’s a good signing and an upgrade on Burgess.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Keogh set to sign on 11:28 - Aug 9 with 1131 viewsTractorCam

Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 by PrideOfTheEast

He's not going to get any game time here though is he. It makes complete sense for Ndaba to go and get 40 games at centre half somewhere.

If that's the case it would make more sense to loan him first and then sign Keogh, no good signing him and then not having a club come in for Ndaba so we're stuck with all these players. Hopefully a top end League Two team rather than a relegation bound League One side.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Keogh set to sign on 11:28 - Aug 9 with 1126 viewspointofblue

Keogh set to sign on 11:19 - Aug 9 by TractorCam

Corrie Ndaba was player of the season at Salford last year, would much prefer him than some 35 year old has been.

Except Ndaba is not first choice here and nor will Keogh be. But having Keogh scratching his @rse on the bench will be more beneficial for us than Ndaba doing so. It frees us up to send him out on loan.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keogh set to sign on 11:28 - Aug 9 with 1107 viewsVeggie

The Seasiders rejected Ipswich’s first two bids…

He’s not even a free transfer?!
Keogh set to sign on 11:29 - Aug 9 with 1099 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:28 - Aug 9 by TractorCam

If that's the case it would make more sense to loan him first and then sign Keogh, no good signing him and then not having a club come in for Ndaba so we're stuck with all these players. Hopefully a top end League Two team rather than a relegation bound League One side.

I'd imagine we've got a deal in place for Ndaba. We aren't run by an idiot anymore.

Something will be sorted. Shrewsbury, Morecambe or Port Vale would be a decent move for him. A team expected to be defending a lot. Really test him at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Keogh set to sign on 11:29 - Aug 9 with 1092 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ll trust McKenna on this.

Certainly would add a wealth of experience and leadership within the squad. But also one of the best Championship defenders and ball-playing CBs over the past decade. Would be surprising if he wasn’t a useful asset on and off the pitch in League One.

Pronouns: He/Him

Keogh set to sign on 11:29 - Aug 9 with 1074 viewsWallingford_Boy

Top, top player.

Forget his somewhat chequered recent past, this guy is rock solid.

35 is also nothing for a CB.

Pushes Burgess and Ndaba further down the order, but will keep the main 3 on their toes.

RIP Sir Bobby

Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 1035 viewsJDB23

Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 by STYG

After the initial shock of WTF, this makes sense.

He's an old head, a Championship captain and a local lad. 36 in 2 days time but still a regular in the Championship last year.

Proper warrior, ball playing defender. One eye on coaching probably and he will no doubt be better than Ndaba (who has looked very shaky in pre-season) and who can go back out on loan, hopefully in League One to develop.

Makes quite a bit of sense. Keogh has always been a quality defender. If Ibrahimović can be 40 and playing in Serie A, I have no issues with a 36 year old being cover in League One.

Agree with this, although paying a fee for a 36 year old feels a bit dirty, hopefully it’s nominal.
Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 1020 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:29 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Top, top player.

Pushes Burgess and Ndaba further down the order, but will keep the main 3 on their toes.

Those of us that remember the impact of Mowbray, De Vos or Elliott will know what a difference this can make.

I was genuinely shocked to see he was on the verge of coming here. But now realise what sense it makes and what a good signing it would actually be.
Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 1006 viewsRobTheMonk

Top, top player.

He's a massive talker as well and would be the organiser of the defence.
Keogh set to sign on 11:32 - Aug 9 with 999 viewsRedX

Keogh set to sign on 11:15 - Aug 9 by RegencyBlue

He’s 35 isn’t he?

Doesn’t exactly fit the young and hungry profile McKenna has been talking about!

McKenna did mention we would need some experience in a couple of positions. From the responses to the journo’s tweets, it’s clear Keogh is still playing well and the Blackpool fans really rate him. The guy is a blood and bandages type and would die for his team. I think it would be a superb signing for this league.
Keogh set to sign on 11:34 - Aug 9 with 945 viewsBobbychase

They had a look at Ndaba in the pre-season friendlies but from what I read he didn't have the best games, maybe this is why Keogh is coming.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Keogh set to sign on 11:34 - Aug 9 with 939 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Keogh set to sign on 11:26 - Aug 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Surprised at how negative some are being to this on here.

He was one of the best players last season (according to their fans) in a decent championship side. With us playing 3 CBs, he’s a good signing and an upgrade on Burgess.

Yep, Burgess caught out wrong side twice on Saturday - another day and we lose from those mistakes.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Keogh set to sign on 11:36 - Aug 9 with 892 viewsWallingford_Boy

Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 by STYG

Those of us that remember the impact of Mowbray, De Vos or Elliott will know what a difference this can make.

I was genuinely shocked to see he was on the verge of coming here. But now realise what sense it makes and what a good signing it would actually be.

I could see him taking Woolfy place tbh.

RIP Sir Bobby

Keogh set to sign on 11:36 - Aug 9 with 895 viewsITFCBlues

An experienced backup that allows Ndaba to go out on loan again, makes perfect sense to me?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Keogh set to sign on 11:36 - Aug 9 with 895 viewsSteve_M

Keogh set to sign on 11:12 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Must be, what, 20 years since he was here before?

It does make some sense — we are short of solid cover at CB if and when we pick up a medium/long-term injury. And he's a tough cookie.

Certainly watching Burgess being - largely - dominant in the air on Saturday demonstrates the need for that in this division. And we've obviously seen late-career Tony Mowbray, plus cameos from Taylor and Collins, that have shown how useful experience is in tight games.

I'm not particularly keen on this though, good as Keogh has been the off-field stuff jars, especially given Ashton apparently made such a thing about Norwood's misdeeds.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Keogh set to sign on 11:37 - Aug 9 with 888 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:32 - Aug 9 by RedX

McKenna did mention we would need some experience in a couple of positions. From the responses to the journo’s tweets, it’s clear Keogh is still playing well and the Blackpool fans really rate him. The guy is a blood and bandages type and would die for his team. I think it would be a superb signing for this league.

If you imagine Keogh was playing Saturday as well instead of say Burgess, you can already imagine a very different reaction at 2-0 up and after they scored the goal.

The experience of Keogh and his leadership may see us ride that out comfortably instead of getting flustered and allowing them to build up a head of steam.

Would seem very McKenna to see that Saturday and go back with a further bid to recognise we will need that to get us over the line in games that might be worth the 6-7 points this season that might make a difference.
Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 847 viewsITFCBlues

Top, top player.

Don't see him pushing Burgess aside myself and allows Ndaba to go out on loan and get another 40 odd games under his belt.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 851 viewsITFC_Forever

He's dreadful, a walking ricket waiting to happen - and that was when he wasn't old.

FFS. Would rather we gave game time to Ndaba etc.

And that's before you consider his chequered past off the field.

It's a no from me.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 842 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:36 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

I could see him taking Woolfy place tbh.

I think Wolfy has been the best of the three defenders since McKenna came in. So would be surprised.

But also think having four quality defenders to rotate is no bad thing either if it's done on occasion. Donacien has looked a bit off his usual incredible level of late and Wolf can play that role too.

I don't see McKenna rotating the backline too much anyway, they need to build understandings and can't be fluid like the forwards. But bringing Keogh on at 60 minutes Saturday when FGR started getting into it may see us close that out comfortably.
Keogh set to sign on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 829 viewsGuthrum

Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 by STYG

Must admit my first thought was "Why do we need a 36-year-old CB???" But given his connection to the club and how well people rate him, makes a lot more sense.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keogh set to sign on 11:40 - Aug 9 with 818 viewsbournemouthblue

Keogh set to sign on 11:36 - Aug 9 by ITFCBlues

An experienced backup that allows Ndaba to go out on loan again, makes perfect sense to me?

Ndaba must be going out on loan, it makes little sense otherwise

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024