Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh set to sign 11:09 - Aug 9 with 9806 viewsUppaTowen78

Seems odd
Keogh set to sign on 12:10 - Aug 9 with 1173 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 12:06 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Better how Joe? He's said that he had no reason to believe Lawrence was unfit to drive.
After the accident the lot of them legged it and left him unconscious in the car.

Mel Morris sacked Keogh, but retained Lawrence and Bennett after they were both convicted. Keogh received no charge from the Police. Should better be expected of senior players? Maybe, but you directly linked Keogh's incident with the horrific injuries suffered by the motivational speaker last week.

Keogh's incident and what happened to the police officer really aren't the same.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:07]

Mel Morris shouldn't have sacked Keogh without sacking the other 2, that was nonsensical and he got what he deserved when he lost in court to Keogh as it was never a defensible position.

Getting in cars with drink drivers, and when you see what happened it isn't someone who had 3 pints and may have blown over - people don't leg it from the scene when they do that. These are the sort of jobs emergency service workers have to attend day in day out, often with fatal consequences

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keogh set to sign on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 1148 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:04 - Aug 9 by Veggie

He chose to be driven home by a drunk driver. In law passengers can be held liable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/passengers-can-be-guilty-too-73249.html
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:10]

Your 2004 article refers to personal negligence claims.
Have you anything on criminal law? Which was what you inferred.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Keogh set to sign on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 1145 viewsVeggie

Keogh set to sign on 12:08 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Then why wasn't Keogh charged with a crime?

Funnily enough I wasn’t part of the police force at the scene.
Keogh set to sign on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 1135 viewsWallingford_Boy

Keogh set to sign on 11:49 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He's a really good player, always has been and still cutting it in the Championship last year - but if a 2 year deal and a fee paid seems a bit mad.

He'll improve the squad, no doubt, both with regards to what is done on the pitch and bits off the pitch.

Without being a bit of a nob though, when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?

Yep, you're being a bit of a nob for sure.

That comparison is out of order and you cannot compare Keogh's actions to what the other two players did, who were rightfully arrested and convicted.

He was far from "front and centre"!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Keogh set to sign on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 1130 viewsGuthrum

Keogh set to sign on 12:01 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He was the club captain and involved in it - yes he wasn't driving and agree re Derby sacking him made him out to be worse than Lawrence and Bennett, but you expect better of your very senior players

I think it probably was the club Captain aspect which got him sacked. He should have been more responsible.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keogh set to sign on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 1128 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:10 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Mel Morris shouldn't have sacked Keogh without sacking the other 2, that was nonsensical and he got what he deserved when he lost in court to Keogh as it was never a defensible position.

Getting in cars with drink drivers, and when you see what happened it isn't someone who had 3 pints and may have blown over - people don't leg it from the scene when they do that. These are the sort of jobs emergency service workers have to attend day in day out, often with fatal consequences

Going back to your original point.

How is what happened with Keogh share any relationship to the Arizona police officer who was disfigured after being hit by a taxi driver at 100 mph who was having a seizure.

Yes, Keogh should have done better, but I really wish you would walk back this particular link.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:15]

Keogh set to sign on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 1118 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 12:06 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Better how Joe? He's said that he had no reason to believe Lawrence was unfit to drive.
After the accident the lot of them legged it and left him unconscious in the car.

Mel Morris sacked Keogh, but retained Lawrence and Bennett after they were both convicted. Keogh received no charge from the Police. Should better be expected of senior players? Maybe, but you directly linked Keogh's incident with the horrific injuries suffered by the motivational speaker last week.

Keogh's incident and what happened to the police officer really aren't the same.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:07]

And EDIT:

There is a much more likely scenario where Keogh is a good guy, a good pro, popular int he game a good leader - someone like a Chambers or Skuse was here - that has just made a major mistake and suffered unfair consequences compared to those more at fault.

Good people make mistakes, and the fact he's come back into game rather than be a pariah and end up in leadership roles and moving up pyramid despite his age working for good managers, good high character managers in reality means that is probably the case - but we don't need to try and make out that what happened wasn't major, and he wasn't majorly at fault

Keogh set to sign on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 1112 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 12:04 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

If people want to get involved with mental gymnastics that makes out Keogh was a victim in all this then that's up to them.

He wasn't treated appallingly, he was treated inconsistently - had Derby sacked all 3 of them then he wouldn't have been able to sue them

Eh? You are the one saying that Keogh knew. But you don’t know that.

Mental and moral gymnastics right there.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh set to sign on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 1099 viewsJakeITFC

Does he count as a club developed player for the purposes of the matchday squad rules? Might become relevant if Ndaba and Humphreys go out on loan (as I think Woolfenden is our only other first team academy option).
Keogh set to sign on 12:18 - Aug 9 with 1068 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:16 - Aug 9 by JakeITFC

Does he count as a club developed player for the purposes of the matchday squad rules? Might become relevant if Ndaba and Humphreys go out on loan (as I think Woolfenden is our only other first team academy option).

Surely that is time limited isn't it? Can a player leave that long ago and still be called a club developed player?

I'm not sure.

Keogh set to sign on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 1073 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 12:16 - Aug 9 by JakeITFC

He doesn't and that doesn't matter - Woolf wasn't in 18 Saturday but because he is named in 22 man squad we don't need to name anyone in 18

Keogh set to sign on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 1024 viewsIllinoisblue

Keogh set to sign on 12:14 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Yep, you're being a bit of a nob for sure.

That comparison is out of order and you cannot compare Keogh's actions to what the other two players did, who were rightfully arrested and convicted.

He was far from "front and centre"!!

These things aren’t always as black and white as we think but Joe is right; the optics don’t look great on this one.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Keogh set to sign on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 981 viewsCityBlue

Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 by SitfcB

Well he managed to pass medicals at Huddersfield, MK Dons and Blackpool since then!

Currently out injured anyway apparently.

scar tissue has a habit of forming over time and who knows how thorough their medical screening was?

I T I D

Keogh set to sign on 12:31 - Aug 9 with 956 viewspointofblue

Keogh set to sign on 12:27 - Aug 9 by CityBlue

scar tissue has a habit of forming over time and who knows how thorough their medical screening was?

Pretty good considering how many games he played for them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keogh set to sign on 12:32 - Aug 9 with 954 viewsKievthegreat

Keogh set to sign on 12:27 - Aug 9 by CityBlue

I reckon the opinions of multiple medical proffesionals who have medically assessed Keogh are probably better than a random poster on an internet forum who has never inspected the player in question.
Keogh set to sign on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 945 viewsPhilTWTD

Keogh set to sign on 12:14 - Aug 9 by Guthrum

I think it probably was the club Captain aspect which got him sacked. He should have been more responsible.

Partly that and partly that they saw a way of saving themselves some money!
Keogh set to sign on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 939 viewsRobTheMonk

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramed

Mistakes were made. He's paid the price, but if what's said in the article is true, then the other lads are the bigger knobs.

Not all black and white as has been said.
Keogh set to sign on 12:36 - Aug 9 with 919 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keogh set to sign on 12:23 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

These things aren’t always as black and white as we think but Joe is right; the optics don’t look great on this one.

Dead right, the optics aren't great.

"when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?"

But to directly link Keogh, getting in the back seat of Tom Lawrence's car, with a man horrifically disfigured after being hit by a taxi driver who was having a seizure, is a really cruel one to lay on Keogh's doormat.

They are nowhere near the same.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 12:37]

Keogh set to sign on 12:41 - Aug 9 with 859 viewsEireannach_gorm

Keogh set to sign on 11:49 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He's a really good player, always has been and still cutting it in the Championship last year - but if a 2 year deal and a fee paid seems a bit mad.

He'll improve the squad, no doubt, both with regards to what is done on the pitch and bits off the pitch.

Without being a bit of a nob though, when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?

Keogh did not drink and drive and was an injured party in an accident caused by someone who did.
Keogh set to sign on 12:44 - Aug 9 with 840 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 12:23 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

Optics schmoptics.

Why do we need uninformed narratives and allegations when there are facts and people’s accounts to go on?

Pronouns: He/Him

Keogh set to sign on 12:48 - Aug 9 with 791 viewsleitrimblue

Keogh set to sign on 12:15 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

And EDIT:

There is a much more likely scenario where Keogh is a good guy, a good pro, popular int he game a good leader - someone like a Chambers or Skuse was here - that has just made a major mistake and suffered unfair consequences compared to those more at fault.

Good people make mistakes, and the fact he's come back into game rather than be a pariah and end up in leadership roles and moving up pyramid despite his age working for good managers, good high character managers in reality means that is probably the case - but we don't need to try and make out that what happened wasn't major, and he wasn't majorly at fault

Think that's a very fair post
Keogh set to sign on 12:56 - Aug 9 with 737 viewsPinewoodblue

Keogh set to sign on 11:20 - Aug 9 by le2blue

Used to be a ball boy as well, if I recall correctly. Surprising one, hopefully, he's our modern-day Tony Mowbray signing.

Wasn’t Tony Mowbray only supposed to play a bit part in our promotion season but in the end played a key role.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Keogh set to sign on 13:08 - Aug 9 with 667 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Not too struck on this idea. Club captain should not have been in the backseat of a car being driven by a drunken teammate. Aside from anything else, it shows a lapse of responsibility. On the pitch, he doesn't fit what we've been told we are looking for.

Having said that, he has clearly made an effort to put all that behind him and for his age, he looks decently fit. I do believe in second chances, particularly when someone hasn't actually committed a crime. I dunno, just have a bad feeling about this. For every Mowbray, there's a Steven Ward and a Jonathan Douglas. He'll have my backing as a player but feels like a mistake.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Keogh set to sign on 13:09 - Aug 9 with 646 viewsChateauWines

Excellent cover and experience

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Keogh set to sign on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 606 viewsReusersTown

Keogh set to sign on 11:31 - Aug 9 by STYG

Those of us that remember the impact of Mowbray, De Vos or Elliott will know what a difference this can make.

I was genuinely shocked to see he was on the verge of coming here. But now realise what sense it makes and what a good signing it would actually be.

I don't like the De Vos comparison particularly, if that's what you think we're getting. He was about 30 and in his prime, also did not have the murky background. I'll also be honest and say I've never really liked the look of Keogh on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024