Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? 16:54 - Aug 16 with 1521 viewsshady

Last year at Burton we took 1,700 in a crowd of 3,735 making 45.5%
This was our highest percentage of the season.

Tonight there's a possibility of a higher percentage as just maybe some of the home crowd don't turn up.

However the main thing is the 3 points.

As to the original question, maybe some games against Colchester?
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:56 - Aug 16 with 1492 viewsMullet

Swindon we had both ends, MK we had about 4 times as many. Not sure what the % was at FGR, maybe a third?

Weren't we the away team at Wembley and we took more than Barnsley too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:57 - Aug 16 with 1472 viewsHighgateBlue

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:56 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Swindon we had both ends, MK we had about 4 times as many. Not sure what the % was at FGR, maybe a third?

it's difficult to tell by reference to the official figures. I agree with you we had lots at MK, but on the official number of tickets given to Town, it was about 50/50.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:06 - Aug 16 with 1421 viewsITFC_Forever

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:56 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Swindon in April 1999 we must have done.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:07 - Aug 16 with 1415 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Think including Wembley is stretching it but Swindon 99 was the one that sprung to mind for me too. Just the 6 goals to enjoy there too, a similar outcome tonight would be lovely! 🙏🏻

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:10 - Aug 16 with 1385 viewsWD19

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:57 - Aug 16 by HighgateBlue

it's difficult to tell by reference to the official figures. I agree with you we had lots at MK, but on the official number of tickets given to Town, it was about 50/50.

Like you say, impossible to tell, but on number of actual bodies in the stadium then the last MK game I went to must have been at least 2/3rds Town.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:10 - Aug 16 with 1385 viewsSharkey

Certainly didn't happen at Colchester in 2006 or 2008, when Town had only the regular Layer Road away end. (800 maybe?). (And I very much doubt it came close to happening in the 1950s, when Colchester had decent support.) At the new stadium, Leeds definitely outnumbered home supporters for a league game. The club was criticised by its own fans and I think even by fans of Leeds' rivals at the top of the table for being quite so generous with the allocation. But I think the club took the view that Leeds fans were going to turn up anyway, with or without tickets. I think Brentford may have outnumbered U's fans when they came out in force to celebrate promotion a few years ago.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:19 - Aug 16 with 1311 viewsBigCommon

MKD last season?
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:21 - Aug 16 with 1292 viewsCoastalblue

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:10 - Aug 16 by Sharkey

Certainly didn't happen at Colchester in 2006 or 2008, when Town had only the regular Layer Road away end. (800 maybe?). (And I very much doubt it came close to happening in the 1950s, when Colchester had decent support.) At the new stadium, Leeds definitely outnumbered home supporters for a league game. The club was criticised by its own fans and I think even by fans of Leeds' rivals at the top of the table for being quite so generous with the allocation. But I think the club took the view that Leeds fans were going to turn up anyway, with or without tickets. I think Brentford may have outnumbered U's fans when they came out in force to celebrate promotion a few years ago.

I used to enjoy Layer Road on my infrequent visits. What does the Col U support think of the new stadium these days?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 1275 viewsshady

According to last seasons official figures at MK:
We had 6,850 of 15,311 so a percentage of 44.7%
And by the way, listening to their commentary on the just concluded 3-0 game they seemed rather upset that we only gave them 652 seats.
Let's hope they don't limit us in this seasons away fixture.

Yes, the Swindon 6-0 was special.

Maybe I was thinking of some recent games in Colchester;
pre-season or Caribao?
Although this is supposed to be league games only.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 1254 viewsEastTownBlue

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:06 - Aug 16 by ITFC_Forever

Swindon in April 1999 we must have done.

The attendance there was 10337. So more than likely but we would had more there by the start of the second half I should imagine.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 1216 viewsEastTownBlue

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:25 - Aug 16 by shady

According to last seasons official figures at MK:
We had 6,850 of 15,311 so a percentage of 44.7%
And by the way, listening to their commentary on the just concluded 3-0 game they seemed rather upset that we only gave them 652 seats.
Let's hope they don't limit us in this seasons away fixture.

Yes, the Swindon 6-0 was special.

Maybe I was thinking of some recent games in Colchester;
pre-season or Caribao?
Although this is supposed to be league games only.

I’m sure that the could have had more tickets, unless there was a condition that they would have to pay for those additional tickets.

They could repeat what they did to Wycombe in the play offs and only sell a couple of thousand away tickets
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:49 - Aug 16 with 1163 viewsPhilTWTD

When we played Wimbledon at Crystal Palace during their fans' boycott there were very few of their fans there, most in the home end had just wandered in off the street.
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:57 - Aug 16 with 1094 viewsSteve_M

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:49 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

When we played Wimbledon at Crystal Palace during their fans' boycott there were very few of their fans there, most in the home end had just wandered in off the street.

That was a very strange day that one, Sunday afternoon too so felt out of place anyway. In contrast, MK last year felt like a football match with hardly any home fans.

I think we were pretty close to outnumbering Burton fans at the Pirelli a year ago too. There weren't many there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 18:17 - Aug 16 with 1003 viewsitfcbam

Last season MK Don's must have been close
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 924 viewsnoggin

Don't know the official numbers but the game at Oxford when we got promoted to the very first Premier League? There were Town fans everywhere.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 19:03 - Aug 16 with 813 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 17:49 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

Wimbledon (as I think they still were at the time) at the hockey stadium in MK must be another one?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 19:16 - Aug 16 with 754 viewsoldburian

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 19:03 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wimbledon (as I think they still were at the time) at the hockey stadium in MK must be another one?

Exactly, we had three sides of the ground. Cannot remember the exact year but it was March 27. My wife was thrilled to be taken to MK as her birthday treat.

I know how to spoil my women!
Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 19:34 - Aug 16 with 699 views3_5_2

Have we ever had over half the attendance in an away league match? on 16:57 - Aug 16 by HighgateBlue

wasn't the attendance given as something like 15k at MK last season? We took over 7,000 and there was no way was there 8,000 home fans in there

Unless a lot of season ticket holders failed to turn up, which is understandable

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024