Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. 18:45 - Aug 16 with 2459 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 18:45]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2117 viewschicoazul

Couple bold choices there. Obvs sounds like Burns is injured but Davis and Chaplin are entitled to have the hump.
COYBs and a big away win with Lad getting off the mark.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2049 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Do you reckon 4-4-2 ish?
TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2030 viewsMullet

442? Give Ladapo a partner and catch Burton off guard a little perhaps.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2023 viewsDaninthecampo

Interesting team! 433?
Errrrr on 18:48 - Aug 16 with 2017 viewsunstableblue

A lot of change there…?

Is that going to hamper us?

Time will tell
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 18:48]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:48 - Aug 16 with 1976 viewsGlasgowBlue

4-4-2?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 18:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TEAM: on 18:48 - Aug 16 with 1953 viewsDubtractor

TEAM: on 18:47 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

Couple bold choices there. Obvs sounds like Burns is injured but Davis and Chaplin are entitled to have the hump.

Nah, kmac hinted at changes for the high energy positions after Saturday. Just using the squad I think.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TEAM: on 18:49 - Aug 16 with 1843 viewsBobsthename

Leigh at this moment in time is a better choice than Davis in my eyes adds more good in the air and gets foward more.
Chaplin might feel aggrieved but i’m sure he’ll get a good run of minutes tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 1717 viewswrightsrightglove

TEAM: on 18:48 - Aug 16 by Dubtractor

Nah, kmac hinted at changes for the high energy positions after Saturday. Just using the squad I think.

Definitely this, no doubt the sports science department (how mental that we have a sports science department now?!?!) have assessed the players and indicated who needs a rest etc.
TEAM: on 18:53 - Aug 16 with 1572 viewschicoazul

I guess so. Don’t change a winning team is obviously antediluvian thinking these days.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TEAM: on 18:54 - Aug 16 with 1527 viewsbelgablue

You'd think Burns may have picked up a knock to not even make the 18 but let's see. My 4-1 town with Chaplin first scorer not looking too sharp now !

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

TEAM: on 18:54 - Aug 16 with 1524 viewsGenericIpswichMan

TEAM: on 18:51 - Aug 16 by wrightsrightglove

Definitely this, no doubt the sports science department (how mental that we have a sports science department now?!?!) have assessed the players and indicated who needs a rest etc.

Interesting lineup.

In the absence of a Burns, Edwards or KVY I can't see anything other than a flat back 4.

433 with Harness and Jackson either side of Ladapo, with Aluko the more advanced of the midfield 3??
TEAM: on 18:55 - Aug 16 with 1514 viewsVic

TEAM: on 18:49 - Aug 16 by Bobsthename

Leigh at this moment in time is a better choice than Davis in my eyes adds more good in the air and gets foward more.
Chaplin might feel aggrieved but i’m sure he’ll get a good run of minutes tonight.

Leigh’s added aerial ability could we’ll help counter the expected Burton barrage 8n to the box.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:56 - Aug 16 with 1473 viewspointofblue

I wouldn't be surprised if they have doubts about Davis managing to play two games in a week. The change of shape is a bit of a surprise though; if Burns is injured would I have preferred to see Burgess come in at centre back with Donacien at right wing back, especially after his attacking exploits at the weekend? Will be interesting to see what the game plan is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:58 - Aug 16 with 1385 viewsitfcsuth

Still think 3-4-2-1

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Edmundson
Harness - Evans - Morsy - Leigh
Aluko - Jackson
Ladapo

Think given how high Burns plays in that RWB role, Harness will slot into that role.
TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:58 - Aug 16 with 1346 viewspointofblue

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:58 - Aug 16 by itfcsuth

Still think 3-4-2-1

Walton
Donacien - Woolfenden - Edmundson
Harness - Evans - Morsy - Leigh
Aluko - Jackson
Ladapo

Think given how high Burns plays in that RWB role, Harness will slot into that role.

Didn't think of Harness playing out there - good shout.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 1323 viewsJDB23

Burns out probably means we need to change the system a bit, I guess Jackson/Leigh also offer more height than who they replaced which may be key this game.
TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 19:00 - Aug 16 with 1309 viewsPortman_Pie

Chuffed to see Jackson starting over Chaplin.. after Chaplin scored on Saturday and Jackson is yet to do anything in 4 years at the club.
TEAM: on 19:01 - Aug 16 with 1271 viewsBasuco

TEAM: on 18:55 - Aug 16 by Vic

Leigh’s added aerial ability could we’ll help counter the expected Burton barrage 8n to the box.

Leigh will be much more up to the more physical game expected tonight.
TEAM: on 19:04 - Aug 16 with 1179 viewsGuthrum

TEAM: on 18:53 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

I guess so. Don’t change a winning team is obviously antediluvian thinking these days.

However, if you look at the "team" as including the subs, rather than just the starting line-up, then it's much less of a change-around (assuming Burns is not fit).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TEAM: on 19:04 - Aug 16 with 1161 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Davis and Chaplin are entitled to have the hump? Aren't they part of a squad?

If they've got the hump after being rested on Tuesday after playing in that heat and that intensity on Saturday then there is something really up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 19:13 - Aug 16 with 989 viewsVic

KM has constantly talked about versatility of players, as well as the strength of ‘the group’ - I guess this is what that looks like in practice. Me? I’d have kept a winning team - but I’m happy to believe the manager knows more than me (unless we don’t win, then I might change my mind)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

TEAM: on 19:18 - Aug 16 with 902 viewsFrimleyBlue

TEAM: on 19:04 - Aug 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Davis and Chaplin are entitled to have the hump? Aren't they part of a squad?

If they've got the hump after being rested on Tuesday after playing in that heat and that intensity on Saturday then there is something really up.

I wouldn't be surprised if deep down a few may have liked to be benched tonight tbh. They ran a hell of a game on sat. They're all human.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 19:19 - Aug 16 with 876 viewsandytown

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 19:13 - Aug 16 by Vic

KM has constantly talked about versatility of players, as well as the strength of ‘the group’ - I guess this is what that looks like in practice. Me? I’d have kept a winning team - but I’m happy to believe the manager knows more than me (unless we don’t win, then I might change my mind)

Think it was Jackson who had a great game v Burton at PR last season? Could it be that KM is thinking of that?
TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 19:22 - Aug 16 with 822 viewsreusersfreekicks

TEAM: Leigh, Aluko and Jackson IN. on 18:58 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

Didn't think of Harness playing out there - good shout.

What about KVY?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024