Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? 04:25 - Aug 25 with 5315 viewsBondiBlue

Armstrong's last-minute winner at Spurs, 2001. I really, really wanted us to stay up. Went way more ballistic than any of the 2000 playoff goals, Wilnis v. Man U, Armstrong v. Inter, Darren Bent at Carrow Road etc.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 05:18 - Aug 25 with 3267 viewsHciwspi

Probably Gavin Johnson’s header at Anfield in 1992.

Christ, 30 years ago! 😲
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:14 - Aug 25 with 3229 viewsOwainG1992

Possibly Tommy Smith in the play off semi 2nd leg vs Norwich.
We'd just has the red and gone behind.
I'd already given up.
Then all of a sudden hope.
For a few minutes anyways.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:27 - Aug 25 with 3219 viewsBondiBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:14 - Aug 25 by OwainG1992

I'd already given up.

I'd forgotten about that one. I celebrated redmond missing an open goal in that one harder. At least, what i though was redmond missing an open goal. My stream glitched massively and completely missed the berra save and red card. Only realised what had happened when the ball was being placed on the spot.

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:38 - Aug 25 with 3203 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:14 - Aug 25 by OwainG1992

I'd already given up.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this the other day. My top 10.

Gudmunsson in the playoffs
Jim equaliser v Bolton in the playoffs.
Wilnis v Man Utd
Stewart at Anfield
Naylor v WHU playoffs
Kuqi v WHU playoffs
Chaplow at Watford (cringe)
Anderson in playoffs
Chambers at Carrow Road
Smith at Carrow Road
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 06:53 - Aug 25 with 3153 viewsChurchman

John Wark’s killer goal at Highbury at the end of the Semi-final. The Clock End went absolutely bananas and so did I. The emotions of that moment were something else.

Gavin Johnson’s goal at Anfield. Mental.

Magilton’s equaliser late in the Bolton play off game was probably the maddest at PR.

In recent times, the last minute winner at Charlton in 2014 was a good one.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 6:59]
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:06 - Aug 25 with 3095 viewsMenton

Dyer’s header from miles out in injury time in Bolton playoff first time around.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:20 - Aug 25 with 3042 viewsPioneerBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 05:18 - Aug 25 by Hciwspi

Christ, 30 years ago! 😲

Conga around the Anfield Road stand.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:24 - Aug 25 with 3029 viewsBondiBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:06 - Aug 25 by Menton

Dyer’s header from miles out in injury time in Bolton playoff first time around.

Would be high on my list but for the trauma of what followed.

Login to get fewer ads

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:50 - Aug 25 with 2964 viewsBlueBoots

Early Sunday Kick-Off, hangover kicking in, watching the game in the front room of the shared house I lived in at the time in South London - one of my housemates and his girlfriend having a civilised late Sunday morning breakfast and reading the papers (no interest in the football)

2-0 down, David Johnson's just gone off injured...after a few years of missing out in the Play-Offs, I'm already thinking, "Oh well, there's always next year..."

Anyway, Marcus Stewart pulls one back with a thunderbastard out of nowhere - I'm out of my armchair jumping, screaming and shouting. I almost give my friend a heart attack, I frighten the sh1t out of my friend's girlfriend who spills her coffee all over her Sunday Times; she gives him a dirty look, and he passes that on to me Didn't do too much damage to their relationship - think they've been married over 15 years now.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:55 - Aug 25 with 2940 viewsVic

Roger Osbourne, Wembley,
Rueser, Wembley,

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:56 - Aug 25 with 2939 viewsWickwar_Blue

Shaky Milton away at Barnsley in 1996. 85 mins gone 3-0 down. Five mins later thanks to two “Ian, IAN Marshall” goals and Shaky it finished 3-3.

That and Reuser at Wembley.

TWTD!
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:57 - Aug 25 with 2929 viewsPioneerBlue

Whelan’s goal at Southend; Dozzell at Liverpool and Nodge plus any goal v Bolton in play offs!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:05 - Aug 25 with 2884 viewsITFC_Forever

Another vote for Johnson at Anfield.

Other mentions to for (in no particular order):
Pablo vs Cov (h)
Chaplow vs Watford (a)
Magilton vs Bolton (h)

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:11 - Aug 25 with 2853 viewsNthQldITFC

Where's Keno?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:11 - Aug 25 with 2854 viewsPJH

1) Warky at Highbury 1978 because of what it meant.
2) Reuser at Wembley 2000 because of what it meant
3) Osborne at Wembley 1978 because of what it possibly meant
4) Chaplow at Watford 2015 because of what it might have meant

Any goal by us at Carrot Rud.
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:18 - Aug 25 with 2824 viewsChurchman

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 07:55 - Aug 25 by Vic

Roger Osbourne, Wembley,
Rueser, Wembley,

Yep, both those. Osborne’s was only odd in that the whole day was living the dream. I went down three or four terrace steps when Roger scored, which given the what felt like one foot depth of them was a moment. The sight and sound of that was extraordinary. One to never forget.

Reuter’s fourth was pure relief and bonkersness.
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:19 - Aug 25 with 2826 viewsTrumptonBlue

1. Darren Bent winner v Sheffield Utd 2003, the Dale Roberts game. Went through all the emotions that day. Several times.
2. Phil Whelan at Southend
3. Fab v Manchester United
4. Danny Haynes’ hand at Norwich
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 8:22]
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:19 - Aug 25 with 2817 viewsBondiBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:11 - Aug 25 by PJH

1) Warky at Highbury 1978 because of what it meant.
2) Reuser at Wembley 2000 because of what it meant
3) Osborne at Wembley 1978 because of what it possibly meant
4) Chaplow at Watford 2015 because of what it might have meant

Any goal by us at Carrot Rud.

The problem with reuser at wembley was that i'd lost my voice completely by half time.

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:42 - Aug 25 with 2691 viewsStewart27

Both the goals in that Friday night derby at PR.

2-0

Mason and Taricco
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 08:47 - Aug 25 with 2666 viewsCityBlue

I think it would probably be one of Reusers belters in the playoffs, either the Portman Road one or the final goal at Wembley. That said, Brian Talbot's opener in the FA Cup semi had me jumping on my seat at Highbury.

I T I D

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:10 - Aug 25 with 2543 viewsbelgablue

Magilton V Bolton

Darren Bent's injury time goal to go 1-0 at reading which they promptly cancelled out straight from the restart, circa 2006.

Chaplow V Watford

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 2484 viewsBondiBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:10 - Aug 25 by belgablue

Magilton V Bolton

Darren Bent's injury time goal to go 1-0 at reading which they promptly cancelled out straight from the restart, circa 2006.

Chaplow V Watford

Lot of people saying magilton v bolton and it was brilliant but i couldn't enjoy it that much because of what happened the year before. As soon as it went in i was just waiting for them to go up the other end and score again.

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:33 - Aug 25 with 2431 viewsSenatorBlue

Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 05:18 - Aug 25 by Hciwspi

Christ, 30 years ago! 😲

That’s mine too!
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:50 - Aug 25 with 2352 viewsoneoffposter

Scowcrofts equaliser at Birmingham in the cup semi I remember going nuts and screaming at brum fans

Cup games always produce better celebs just a shame we never win any now
Hardest you've ever celebrated a town goal? on 09:59 - Aug 25 with 2314 viewsGuthrum

I only started going to games in the mid 2000s (work, time, money. transport), so mine are Chopra making it 2-3 away at Coventry in the snow and Carlos Edwards' last-gasp winner away at Derby the following season.

With honorable mention to Noel Hunt's strike at Charlton, with the ITFC South West crew going berserk in Toto's bar in Bristol, much to the bemusement of the hen party who were just arriving for their evening do.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024