Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel 10:08 - Sep 7 with 2014 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nt
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:11 - Sep 7 with 1980 viewsKeno

well if they think they can poach McK they can just feck right off

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:11 - Sep 7 with 1984 viewsBig_Jase

They have had a very indifferent start to the season and the 2nd half of last season was very patchy as well. Seems an odd one though after doing the best part of a £250m rebuild over summer and presumably with players that TT wanted.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:14 - Sep 7 with 1949 viewsFreddies_Ears

It takes a lot to shock me in football. The bookies will be happy with so many lumping on Rodgers to be the first...
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:15 - Sep 7 with 1937 viewsgiant_stow

All his shouting, arguing and histrionics on the touchline.... maybe they could see the pressure was getting to him and lost faith?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:17 - Sep 7 with 1897 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:11 - Sep 7 by Big_Jase

They have had a very indifferent start to the season and the 2nd half of last season was very patchy as well. Seems an odd one though after doing the best part of a £250m rebuild over summer and presumably with players that TT wanted.

TT's say in what players he got would be very limited at Chelsea
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:24 - Sep 7 with 1817 viewsdavblue

im not massively surprised, new owners not their man.
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:28 - Sep 7 with 1785 viewsBig_Jase

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:17 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Early reports in the summer said he had a very big role in recruitment, but if that changed then fair play. I would have thought someone like Aubemeyang is very much a TT signing, having worked with him at Dortmund etc.

Either way, seems to be a very odd start to life under the new owners.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:33 - Sep 7 with 1736 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:28 - Sep 7 by Big_Jase

Early reports in the summer said he had a very big role in recruitment, but if that changed then fair play. I would have thought someone like Aubemeyang is very much a TT signing, having worked with him at Dortmund etc.

Either way, seems to be a very odd start to life under the new owners.

He seems to be 'given' players. He did turn down Ronaldo, so has some say but their model has always been about continuity after a manager leaves

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:38 - Sep 7 with 1693 viewsitfcsuth

Seems a strange one so early, a patchy start to the season but have recruited what Tuchel wanted, and only given a really short number of games to work with them.

The crazy world of football though.

Graham Potter would be a really astute appointment for them.
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 1666 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:33 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

He seems to be 'given' players. He did turn down Ronaldo, so has some say but their model has always been about continuity after a manager leaves

Did you completely miss the bit where Abramovich was forced to sell the club, new owners took over and most of the old football hierarchy (Bruce Buck, Granovskaia) left the club?

By all reports Tuchel has had a strong hand in their recruitment which your links acknowledge - if he didn’t and the owners had wanted Ronaldo when they were offered him they’d have signed him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:52 - Sep 7 with 1589 viewsOsborneOneNil

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:14 - Sep 7 by Freddies_Ears

It takes a lot to shock me in football. The bookies will be happy with so many lumping on Rodgers to be the first...

He was 7/1 Sunday night.

Rodgers was 1/7!
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:58 - Sep 7 with 1555 viewsrickw

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:24 - Sep 7 by davblue

im not massively surprised, new owners not their man.

I think this is a lot to do with it, all very strange though.
Their biggest issue is their defence this season though - only 1 clean sheet.
Some strange transfers over the summer though - loaning out £100m Lukaku and paying for Aubameyang.
Signing Cucarella for big money and releasing Alonso
Fofana seems well over-priced
Koulibaly should be an excellent signing and Sterling is proven.

Also strange why Kovacic hasn't been playing much (unless he was injured) I thought he was their best midfielder last season...

I read Potter is expected to replace him soon
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 10:59]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 1525 viewsVic

Wow. Just Wow!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 11:07 - Sep 7 with 1478 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:40 - Sep 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Did you completely miss the bit where Abramovich was forced to sell the club, new owners took over and most of the old football hierarchy (Bruce Buck, Granovskaia) left the club?

By all reports Tuchel has had a strong hand in their recruitment which your links acknowledge - if he didn’t and the owners had wanted Ronaldo when they were offered him they’d have signed him

I said limited, which it recognises too.

Not that he has no input.
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 1356 viewsOsborneOneNil

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:58 - Sep 7 by rickw

I think this is a lot to do with it, all very strange though.
Their biggest issue is their defence this season though - only 1 clean sheet.
Some strange transfers over the summer though - loaning out £100m Lukaku and paying for Aubameyang.
Signing Cucarella for big money and releasing Alonso
Fofana seems well over-priced
Koulibaly should be an excellent signing and Sterling is proven.

Also strange why Kovacic hasn't been playing much (unless he was injured) I thought he was their best midfielder last season...

I read Potter is expected to replace him soon
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 10:59]

Be great to see Potter given an opportunity.
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 1353 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 10:17 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Still £250m+ On players with no time to actually work with some of them..

I would expect that Aubameyang joined because of Tuchel, perhaps he was a factor in some of the others as well.

Very strange decision as his record is very good wherever he has gone and will no doubt still go on to have a successful managerial career.

Hope Chelsea fall off a cliff now, never been particularly keen on them
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 12:05 - Sep 7 with 1211 viewsBloomBlue

New owners same problem, say they support the manager but as soon as a good excuse appears they sack him for their own preferred manager.
Would think Graham Potter has a good chance of getting it
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 12:10 - Sep 7 with 1187 viewsBondiBlue

Amateur owners. Buy loads of new players and expect it to work straight away.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 1144 viewsstonojnr

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 12:10 - Sep 7 by BondiBlue

Amateur owners. Buy loads of new players and expect it to work straight away.

you mean he should have been spending the next couple of months talking about gelling...
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 14:56 - Sep 7 with 907 viewsringwoodblue

Very surprised Tuchel has gone so early in the season.

Potter should stay at Brighton as he’s doing a fantastic job there and they could easily finish above Chelsea this season. With big clubs come big expectations, no one expects Brighton to challenge for a European place.

I see Potter as a possible future England manager so he should avoid the poison chalice that is Chelsea FC.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 15:08 - Sep 7 with 856 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 11:26 - Sep 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Still £250m+ On players with no time to actually work with some of them..

I would expect that Aubameyang joined because of Tuchel, perhaps he was a factor in some of the others as well.

Very strange decision as his record is very good wherever he has gone and will no doubt still go on to have a successful managerial career.

Hope Chelsea fall off a cliff now, never been particularly keen on them

Guardian confirming transfers being handed to him at the heart of his issues:

"Chelsea have spent a record £266m in one window to bring in Wesley Fofana, Marc Cucurella, Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, Carney Chukwuemeka and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang among others. That increased the pressure on Tuchel but not all were his signings and there were other instances of the ownership attempting to foist players on him".
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 15:09 - Sep 7 with 852 viewsElderGrizzly

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 14:56 - Sep 7 by ringwoodblue

Potter should stay at Brighton as he’s doing a fantastic job there and they could easily finish above Chelsea this season. With big clubs come big expectations, no one expects Brighton to challenge for a European place.

I see Potter as a possible future England manager so he should avoid the poison chalice that is Chelsea FC.

Agree, Potter should steer clear unless he thinks Brighton have reached a ceiling with his best players being sold each season.

Brighton get £16m if anyone wants to take him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/07/chelsea-sack-thomas-tuchel-as-m
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 15:09]
Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 16:10 - Sep 7 with 724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 15:08 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Guardian confirming transfers being handed to him at the heart of his issues:

"Chelsea have spent a record £266m in one window to bring in Wesley Fofana, Marc Cucurella, Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, Carney Chukwuemeka and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang among others. That increased the pressure on Tuchel but not all were his signings and there were other instances of the ownership attempting to foist players on him".

The Athletic are reporting the complete opposite, that Tuchel had been leaned on heavily to provide input into footballing matters in the absence of Buck/Granovskaia/Cech and that key signings like Sterling and Aubameyang were very much driven by him. Also widely reported that other players Chelsea had initially pursued such as Kounde and Ronaldo were abandoned at his behest (which is what I assume the ‘attempting to foist players’ comment is in relation to - a rather odd way of spinning that his input and wishes were taken onboard)

I guess it’s probably easier for some journalists to just parrot the notion that Chelsea foist players on the manager though and know it’ll be lapped up, rather than accurately portray things though

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 16:14 - Sep 7 with 718 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea bin Tommy Tuchel on 14:56 - Sep 7 by ringwoodblue

Next managerial gig for the last 5 permanent managers to hold the poisoned chalice at Chelsea:

Everton, Juventus, Inter Milan, Manchester United, Napoli

All considerably bigger jobs than Brighton, the only one that is debatable would be Everton and that was Lampard who had less credit in the bank than Potter going in. If he is indeed offered it then he should clearly take it - succeed and he’ll be in the upper echelon of managers, and failing will just see him back at the level he is now at a minimum

I would suggest Chelsea is a far bigger job than England too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024