Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leif Davis 09:13 - Oct 3 with 2381 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Could easily be our player of the season if he doesn’t get injured.

Fantastic composure and athleticism, 1m could be a coup!

Have noticed opposition players kicking him a lot more than others, could be a problem, hopefully this is managed well :)
Leif Davis on 09:21 - Oct 3 with 2345 viewsSomethingBlue

He looks absolute quality and we need to look after him. Wonder if there's half an argument for giving KVY a start there tomorrow — nasty old knock Davis got early in the second half.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Leif Davis on 09:27 - Oct 3 with 2303 viewsSimonds92

Evans
Donacien
Chaplin
Walton
Harness
Burns
Davis
I'm convinced people are so desperate to hype this guy up because of the fee we've paid for him. He's been good, no doubts about it but there have been a lot of good performers so far. Im hopeful that there is actually a lot more to come from Leif, looks as though he will continue to grow and we may well have a very good player, but he's not as good as Burns yet and some people are saying he's having a poor season! 🤯
Leif Davis on 09:30 - Oct 3 with 2277 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Leif Davis on 09:27 - Oct 3 by Simonds92

Evans
Donacien
Chaplin
Walton
Harness
Burns
Davis
I'm convinced people are so desperate to hype this guy up because of the fee we've paid for him. He's been good, no doubts about it but there have been a lot of good performers so far. Im hopeful that there is actually a lot more to come from Leif, looks as though he will continue to grow and we may well have a very good player, but he's not as good as Burns yet and some people are saying he's having a poor season! 🤯

Not desperate to hype him up at all, if you can’t see the level he’s playing at currently then that says more about you than him. He’s a class above technically and athletically
Leif Davis on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 2283 viewsGuthrum

Leif Davis on 09:21 - Oct 3 by SomethingBlue

He looks absolute quality and we need to look after him. Wonder if there's half an argument for giving KVY a start there tomorrow — nasty old knock Davis got early in the second half.

To me, it's a slightly odd response having proclaimed the quality of a player, to then start excluding him from the team in case of injury.

For one thing, it deprives us of a major strength. We still need to win these games against "weaker" opposition and the more comfortably we can do so, the better. Both in terms of confidence and reducing exertion by the players.

Also, missing out on regular game-time could allow the player to drop out of form and perhaps affect the cohesiveness between him and the rest of the team.

Sure, we don't want to lose a key player to a chance injury or clumsy tackle, but I really feel wrapping him up in cotton wool to that extent is more likely to be counterproductive, both for us and him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leif Davis on 09:32 - Oct 3 with 2264 viewsDarth_Koont

On top of his pace, directness and quality left foot which has transformed our left side from what we are used to, he’s a good physical defender too. And probably the most combative, snappy player who isn’t called Sam Morsy. He’s also great at putting in a “statement” challenge when the opposition tries to rough us up.

I think that’s why he gets kicked. He’s normally in a battle with the opposition right flank that he’s neutralising and they lash out.

Add a few goals and keep coming with the assists and he’ll be a top POTY candidate easily.

Pronouns: He/Him

Leif Davis on 09:34 - Oct 3 with 2249 viewsSomethingBlue

Leif Davis on 09:31 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

To me, it's a slightly odd response having proclaimed the quality of a player, to then start excluding him from the team in case of injury.

For one thing, it deprives us of a major strength. We still need to win these games against "weaker" opposition and the more comfortably we can do so, the better. Both in terms of confidence and reducing exertion by the players.

Also, missing out on regular game-time could allow the player to drop out of form and perhaps affect the cohesiveness between him and the rest of the team.

Sure, we don't want to lose a key player to a chance injury or clumsy tackle, but I really feel wrapping him up in cotton wool to that extent is more likely to be counterproductive, both for us and him.

Of course it sounds odd, I'm just trying idly to second-guess what KM might do really — Davis hasn't played first-team football at anything like this intensity before and I bet he felt that knock post-game on Sat. We have a decent enough deputy if need be. But the medical guys know a tonne more than me, I'm simply ruminating! If he's considered fit, he definitely has to play, he's that good.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Leif Davis on 09:38 - Oct 3 with 2199 viewsDJR

He's fantastic going forward, but in my view a little suspect defensively, and prone to give away free kicks. I think Leigh is better defensively which means it's a shame, with his injury, that we no longer have the option of bringing him on in the latter stages to hold up the fort.
Leif Davis on 09:40 - Oct 3 with 2161 viewstextbackup

Excellent little player.

Just hope we can all be prepared to lose him if he continues to progress (difference with this ownership is we’ll replace him with quality with a ceiling to improve still)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Leif Davis on 09:51 - Oct 3 with 2085 viewsSimonds92

Leif Davis on 09:30 - Oct 3 by NorfolkBlue1

Not desperate to hype him up at all, if you can’t see the level he’s playing at currently then that says more about you than him. He’s a class above technically and athletically

So he is defensively sound? As i said he has been good all season but i would have at minimum 5 players ahead of him for POTY currently. That is based on the fact that we are currently playing very well. I love the 'if you dont think he's the best thing ever then you dont understand football' line that is being pedalled out here and more generally. I've not said he's been any thing other than good, there just looks to be a lot more improvement in him and hopefully some of that is defensively.
Leif Davis on 09:55 - Oct 3 with 2019 viewsEssexBloo

He is a really really good player and will get a lot better as well. Can see why Mck wanted him.
He was also crucial in the build up to our winner on Sat.
Leif Davis on 09:58 - Oct 3 with 1988 viewsclive_baker

Very good. Physically and athletically he has everything to play that modern fullback role. Good left foot too, can pick a pass & cross, loves to get forward. He’s the definition of improving with every game isn’t he? Looks fitter and more confident with every week, I think in 2 years from now he’ll be a Championship player. Hopefully with us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leif Davis on 10:10 - Oct 3 with 1924 viewsGuthrum

Leif Davis on 09:34 - Oct 3 by SomethingBlue

Of course it sounds odd, I'm just trying idly to second-guess what KM might do really — Davis hasn't played first-team football at anything like this intensity before and I bet he felt that knock post-game on Sat. We have a decent enough deputy if need be. But the medical guys know a tonne more than me, I'm simply ruminating! If he's considered fit, he definitely has to play, he's that good.

Indeed, forgot how inexperienced Davis is. In terms of cover, unfortunate that Leigh is going to be out for a while.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leif Davis on 10:15 - Oct 3 with 1893 viewsTractorJack

You can really tell he's trained under Bielsa. Gets up and down so well.
Leif Davis on 10:16 - Oct 3 with 1883 viewsbracknell_blue

Until Leigh is fit again Davis has to play every game so long as he is fit. As decent a player as KVY is, when he plays on the left we lose all momentum in attacks on that flank as he constantly comes inside on his right foot.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Leif Davis on 10:30 - Oct 3 with 1797 viewsIllinoisblue

Leif Davis on 09:40 - Oct 3 by textbackup

Excellent little player.

Just hope we can all be prepared to lose him if he continues to progress (difference with this ownership is we’ll replace him with quality with a ceiling to improve still)

West Ham will need a Cresswell replacement in a year or so…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leif Davis on 10:38 - Oct 3 with 1754 viewsSamWhiteUK

Is this the official Leif Davis appreciation thread?

He looks better and better every game, and looks like one the recruitment team have got absolutely spot on. Probably the best example of recruiting young, improving and potentially selling on that we've had so far under the new ownership.

He's just easy to like, isn't he. Now he's dropped the lime green boots, there is nothing about him the says "prima donna". He just looks like a kid who likes to play football down your local park.
Leif Davis on 10:43 - Oct 3 with 1724 viewsITFC_Forever

I would suggest we should have our strongest side out on the pitch tomorrow night, and then possible rotate a couple on Saturday.

Morsy is bound to get booked tomorrow and there's a couple with possible knocks.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leif Davis on 11:03 - Oct 3 with 1595 viewsMetal_Hacker

It's great to see a young lad move down Sarf from Yorkshire with limited first team opportunities and start to settle into his new environment. Absolute kudos to the recruitment team as well though. Most definitely an investment well made and thinking the guy can only get better to be fair

Poll: If it were one or the other

Leif Davis on 11:21 - Oct 3 with 1526 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we never had leigh I'd probably see much more in Davis than I currently do. Some games I really like him. Others I miss leigh and his drive and pace.

Looking at Davis and ignoring that we have leigh too, there are definitely Cresswell comparisons with Davis.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leif Davis on 11:23 - Oct 3 with 1505 viewshomer_123

Leif Davis on 10:43 - Oct 3 by ITFC_Forever

I would suggest we should have our strongest side out on the pitch tomorrow night, and then possible rotate a couple on Saturday.

Morsy is bound to get booked tomorrow and there's a couple with possible knocks.

Morsy booked? Never!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leif Davis on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 1445 viewsN2_Blue

Makes me laugh all the people who doubted him after two games, and there were a lot.

To those that have an ounce of football knowledge and experience you could see Davis was a player who had bucket loads of ability, he just needed to get up to game speed and settle.

The number of supporters who expect 9/10 performances from minute 1 because we spent a million on him was a joke.

This guy is the real deal, superb player for us at this level and easily good enough for the next level ta least.

Also too many have bene unnecessarily unfair on Freddie, was delighted when we signed him and some people had already written him off after 6 games. Ridiculous.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Leif Davis on 13:26 - Oct 3 with 1219 viewsericclacton

Very good player.

Leif Davis on 14:50 - Oct 3 with 1045 viewsclive_baker

Leif Davis on 11:30 - Oct 3 by N2_Blue

Makes me laugh all the people who doubted him after two games, and there were a lot.

To those that have an ounce of football knowledge and experience you could see Davis was a player who had bucket loads of ability, he just needed to get up to game speed and settle.

The number of supporters who expect 9/10 performances from minute 1 because we spent a million on him was a joke.

This guy is the real deal, superb player for us at this level and easily good enough for the next level ta least.

Also too many have bene unnecessarily unfair on Freddie, was delighted when we signed him and some people had already written him off after 6 games. Ridiculous.

I think with Ladapo he was contributing well pretty much from the off. His link up play is better than anyone else we've got in the #9, and his movement is actually really intelligent, he makes some really nice runs. He's been leading the line well, decent with his back to goal, works hard, decent in the air, brings the #10's into the game relatively effectively. He's got a bit of everything without being exceptional at anything. I think all a lot of people were saying is he also needs to add goals, which was and is fair, and he has started to. He had a handful of really good chances early doors that he failed to score with and for all the good he was doing he does need to chip in with 10-15 goals at least, strikers are judged on their return. Hopefully that monkey is off his back now and he can find a few more. I like him though and he's definitely my pick of our strikers for that role.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leif Davis on 15:31 - Oct 3 with 942 viewsN2_Blue

Leif Davis on 14:50 - Oct 3 by clive_baker

I think with Ladapo he was contributing well pretty much from the off. His link up play is better than anyone else we've got in the #9, and his movement is actually really intelligent, he makes some really nice runs. He's been leading the line well, decent with his back to goal, works hard, decent in the air, brings the #10's into the game relatively effectively. He's got a bit of everything without being exceptional at anything. I think all a lot of people were saying is he also needs to add goals, which was and is fair, and he has started to. He had a handful of really good chances early doors that he failed to score with and for all the good he was doing he does need to chip in with 10-15 goals at least, strikers are judged on their return. Hopefully that monkey is off his back now and he can find a few more. I like him though and he's definitely my pick of our strikers for that role.

Absolutely, i think he was a bit unfortunate in the early games, but strikers will always be closely scrutinised when not scoring.

He may had missed a few chances, but what striker doesn't at this level, and now's he proving he does have goals in his game. He has been lively, heavily involved and presses when opposition have the ball. I always watch strikers when we don't have the ball and he is always working.

He always looked a handful when i saw him play for Rotherham and both in making runs and holding up ball and carries that physicality we need. Norwood never seemed to channel it in the right way.

Completely agree with the bit of everything comment, he's strong, quick, physical, can head, can finish (probably better than he's actually shown us thus far), but there is no one attribute you'd say is outstanding or is his signature game.

I think the strength we have is the 3 of Jackson, Ladapo and JJ are all a bit different and will score different types of goals as we have seen. If they all chip in with the goals without being prolific Harness and Chaplin will obviously score i think we are ok. However we definitely don't want another injury especially until we know how much Ahadme can offer and in any case is currently inured.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024