Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi it is 14:01 - Oct 24 with 5019 viewsusm

Good luck pal

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Rishi it is on 14:22 - Oct 24 with 2565 viewshomer_123

Need more than luck.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rishi it is on 14:28 - Oct 24 with 2542 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rishi it is on 14:22 - Oct 24 by homer_123

Need more than luck.

Agree with his politics or not. He's the most economically literate PM we've had since Gordon Brown. We are going to need that just to clear up the mess left by Liz Truss.

On the other hand, I don't think he will be as enthusiastic in giving Ukraine the help and support they need against Russia. I can see him and Ben Wallace falling out pretty quickly.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 14:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rishi it is on 14:30 - Oct 24 with 2540 viewsPlums

He hasn't got a prayer. ERG won't endorse him and there are Tory members tearing their memberships up and posting on Twitter. It's fabulous!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Rishi it is on 14:34 - Oct 24 with 2509 viewsDJR

Rishi it is on 14:28 - Oct 24 by GlasgowBlue

Agree with his politics or not. He's the most economically literate PM we've had since Gordon Brown. We are going to need that just to clear up the mess left by Liz Truss.

On the other hand, I don't think he will be as enthusiastic in giving Ukraine the help and support they need against Russia. I can see him and Ben Wallace falling out pretty quickly.

Mr Brexit is economically literate????

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/britain-is-e2-80-98doomed-e2-80-99-and-wil
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 14:37]
Rishi it is on 14:35 - Oct 24 with 2489 viewsGuthrum

Rishi it is on 14:30 - Oct 24 by Plums

He hasn't got a prayer. ERG won't endorse him and there are Tory members tearing their memberships up and posting on Twitter. It's fabulous!

A fair chunk of the ERG publicly backed Sunak, while the group itself declared neutrality.

There'll probably be quite a few Conservatives happy to see the most barking mad element of the membership depart. There's not even really a UKIP for them to go back to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What I want to know is on 14:38 - Oct 24 with 2474 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why couldn’t the barstewards do it in less than a week last time, instead of spending nearly 2 months fannying about and doing nothing else?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rishi it is on 14:39 - Oct 24 with 2466 viewsZapers

Rishi it is on 14:34 - Oct 24 by DJR

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/britain-is-e2-80-98doomed-e2-80-99-and-wil

And you to judge, what are your credentials.
Rishi it is on 14:39 - Oct 24 with 2470 viewsGuthrum

Rishi it is on 14:34 - Oct 24 by DJR

Sunak is hardly 'Mr Brexit', he was not one of its architects, nor was he prominent in pushing it through. Can see him being far more pragmatic than Johnson in pushing deals with the EU through.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Rishi it is on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 2463 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“He's the most economically literate PM we've had since Gordon Brown”

Interesting take - highest tax burden since the 1940’s with an ever increasing National debt, Sovereign credit downgrade, and failing to recoup fraudulent furlough cash. Albeit Gordon Brown is not a particularly high bar.
Rishi it is on 14:41 - Oct 24 with 2457 viewsDJR

Rishi it is on 14:39 - Oct 24 by Zapers

I think Guy Hands knows a bit more than the two of us.
Rishi it is on 14:45 - Oct 24 with 2446 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but look what followed Brown. You might as well say that he's less racist or has fewer criminal convictions than Boris

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rishi it is on 14:47 - Oct 24 with 2426 viewsBlueBadger

Rishi it is on 14:40 - Oct 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“He's the most economically literate PM we've had since Gordon Brown”

Interesting take - highest tax burden since the 1940’s with an ever increasing National debt, Sovereign credit downgrade, and failing to recoup fraudulent furlough cash. Albeit Gordon Brown is not a particularly high bar.

Brown looks a model of competence and prudence compared to what followed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Rishi it is on 14:49 - Oct 24 with 2423 viewsthebooks

Hard to imagine a lower bar than this, but he's essentially Osborne as far as I can see, unless I'm missing something.

Oh yeah, Eat Out to Help Out. £849m on a month of cheap pub lunches.
Rishi it is on 14:52 - Oct 24 with 2406 viewsDJR

Rishi it is on 14:39 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

Sunak is hardly 'Mr Brexit', he was not one of its architects, nor was he prominent in pushing it through. Can see him being far more pragmatic than Johnson in pushing deals with the EU through.

I heard recently that he had first argued for Brexit when at school, many years before it was a glint in Johson's eye. The freeports policy is down to him. He also voted in favour of a no-deal Brexit in April 2019 which would have been even worse than we have now. Clearly not someone economically literate. And he has signed up to pressing ahead with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill which does not suggest someone pragmatic. Nor is he socially liberal given he's fully signed up to the Rwanda policy.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 14:55]
Rishi it is on 14:56 - Oct 24 with 2381 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Rishi it is on 14:52 - Oct 24 by DJR

I heard recently that he had first argued for Brexit when at school, many years before it was a glint in Johson's eye. The freeports policy is down to him. He also voted in favour of a no-deal Brexit in April 2019 which would have been even worse than we have now. Clearly not someone economically literate. And he has signed up to pressing ahead with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill which does not suggest someone pragmatic. Nor is he socially liberal given he's fully signed up to the Rwanda policy.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 14:55]

Not sure where this economic prowess has come from given my aforementioned facts of his time as Chancellor. As I said earlier Sunak’s got some great PR.

Reinvented himself more times than Diddy…
Rishi it is on 15:01 - Oct 24 with 2357 viewsBlueBadger

I never met Jimmy Saville when he was alive, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't a nice man.

Rishi it is on 15:05 - Oct 24 with 2311 viewsDJR

Rishi it is on 14:56 - Oct 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Not sure where this economic prowess has come from given my aforementioned facts of his time as Chancellor. As I said earlier Sunak’s got some great PR.

Reinvented himself more times than Diddy…

And yesterday, he even put out a non-glossy statement, in contrast to his usual slick outpourings, just to make him seem more ordinary. In a similar vein, Johnson flew back in economy after spending two weeks at a £2,5000 a night hotel in the Caribbean.

It's all a big con but sadly many people fall for it.

Still to his credit, he did once meet a working-class person.
Rishi it is on 15:08 - Oct 24 with 2294 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Assume you’ve never judged any of our players performances since you don’t have the credentials to play for us?
Rishi it is on 15:30 - Oct 24 with 2229 viewsNthQldITFC

This makes me feel marginally better about the world today than I did yesterday. I hope he proves to be a more conservation-focussed, conservative, Conservative, in his party's hopefully short stay in power.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/24/will-rishi-sunak-rebuild-gre

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rishi it is on 16:09 - Oct 24 with 2119 viewsDJR

Interestingly, his appointment has gone down very badly amongst those commenting on the Daily Mail website. But they've also been pretty hostile to Truss and Johnson in recent weeks.
Rishi it is on 16:13 - Oct 24 with 2105 viewsDJR

There's a suggestion on the Mail website that Sue Ellen (her real name) Braverman could be Home Secretary.

In any event, she has apparently extracted a promise from Sunak to limit the Human Rights Act. This is slightly ironic given we are supporting freedom in the Ukraine but seeking to limit rights in the UK.

Whatever happened to the Tories' belief in the rule of law?
Rishi it is on 16:14 - Oct 24 with 2096 viewsDanTheMan

Rishi it is on 16:13 - Oct 24 by DJR

There's a suggestion on the Mail website that Sue Ellen (her real name) Braverman could be Home Secretary.

In any event, she has apparently extracted a promise from Sunak to limit the Human Rights Act. This is slightly ironic given we are supporting freedom in the Ukraine but seeking to limit rights in the UK.

Whatever happened to the Tories' belief in the rule of law?

Rights for me but not for thee.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rishi it is on 16:22 - Oct 24 with 2066 viewstractordownsouth

Rishi it is on 14:30 - Oct 24 by Plums

Losing those members will be a blessing in disguise for the Tories because they'll most likely be the Johnson cultists and UKIP entryists they can do without.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rishi it is on 16:41 - Oct 24 with 2017 viewsjaykay

this the man who wrote a article saying johnson was great etc. was rewarded with a top job for that. then when things turned sour he put the knife in johnsons back. him and gove must have the same parents

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Rishi it is on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 2011 viewsfactual_blue

Christmas if he's lucky.

If he isn't, Hallowe'en.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024