Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here have girls that play football? 10:24 - Nov 2 with 4621 viewstextbackup

Two things…

- had a boy play in goal Vs ours a few weeks back, was miles ahead of our keeper, and we lost because of it.

- this weekend we’ve been told it’s silent week, where we can’t even praise the girls, only allowed to clap.

Weird sport sometimes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:47 - Nov 2 with 3519 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s with the silent week? Are the parents normally too boisterous and mouthy?

As for boys/girls, what age group is this? If the boy keeper is that much better he should probably be playing on a boys team

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:47 - Nov 2 with 3516 viewsJ2BLUE

Clapping? Jazz hands surely?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:54 - Nov 2 with 3512 viewstextbackup

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:47 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

What’s with the silent week? Are the parents normally too boisterous and mouthy?

As for boys/girls, what age group is this? If the boy keeper is that much better he should probably be playing on a boys team

Never been anything other than encouragement from parents of both sides, it’s a league decision apparently, and teams up to adults (women) are encouraged to do the same.

And on the boy keeper thing… regardless of age group he wants to be a she, so they are playing him in a girls team.

So in order for one kid to feel happy another 9/10 need to feel sad that they’ve lost, and all came off complaining it wasn’t fair… aged 10

Fun times

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:57 - Nov 2 with 3482 viewstextbackup

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:47 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Clapping? Jazz hands surely?

Thumbs up thumbs down… mind you when mine look at me in a game all I ever do is thumbs up, so but pointless me caring we can’t cheer them on really.
Not a fan of parents coaching the players when the managers are there to do that role

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:02 - Nov 2 with 3452 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:47 - Nov 2 by Illinoisblue

No such thing as a boys team. It’s either ‘mixed’ or ‘girls’.

Well, that’s the case here in Dorset.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:03 - Nov 2 with 3444 viewsdavblue

We’ve been told about the silent week as well, strange old thing.

A good goalkeeper at any level makes a difference especially the younger age groups.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:05 - Nov 2 with 3411 viewsSuperblue95

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:54 - Nov 2 by textbackup

Never been anything other than encouragement from parents of both sides, it’s a league decision apparently, and teams up to adults (women) are encouraged to do the same.

And on the boy keeper thing… regardless of age group he wants to be a she, so they are playing him in a girls team.

So in order for one kid to feel happy another 9/10 need to feel sad that they’ve lost, and all came off complaining it wasn’t fair… aged 10

Fun times

A 10 year old wants to become a girl? Blimey

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:10 - Nov 2 with 3394 viewsusm

Here in Essex, weve got a 'silent week' this weekend too.
And its mixed teams or girls only teams up to a certain age group I believe, then its boys only teams or girls only teams.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:12 - Nov 2 with 3387 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:57 - Nov 2 by textbackup

Thumbs up thumbs down… mind you when mine look at me in a game all I ever do is thumbs up, so but pointless me caring we can’t cheer them on really.
Not a fan of parents coaching the players when the managers are there to do that role

Mine has just started at a team other side of town, and he's doing cycle speedway at kesgrave too - but even now I can't believe attitude of some parents over things.

Maybe it's because I'm generally not very competitive and know that it should just be fun always I don't push much at all but some really give it some

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:19 - Nov 2 with 3327 viewstextbackup

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:12 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Mine has just started at a team other side of town, and he's doing cycle speedway at kesgrave too - but even now I can't believe attitude of some parents over things.

Maybe it's because I'm generally not very competitive and know that it should just be fun always I don't push much at all but some really give it some

Always ask my two before the game ‘when you are on the side near me do you want me to help you and give ideas’
Let them decide, but it’s never more than a ‘make sure you are passing it a bit quicker’ not mind blowing tactical stuff.

See kids wizzing around that track, looks bloody good fun!

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:30 - Nov 2 with 3275 viewsdavblue

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:19 - Nov 2 by textbackup

Always ask my two before the game ‘when you are on the side near me do you want me to help you and give ideas’
Let them decide, but it’s never more than a ‘make sure you are passing it a bit quicker’ not mind blowing tactical stuff.

See kids wizzing around that track, looks bloody good fun!

I don't say much on the sidelines, i talk to him in the garden or after the game at things he could do.

I told him off a few weeks back as he was sulking that he was playing in defence and didn't try all game.

Some of the coaches and parents i've seen and this is at under 7's has been a bit of an eye opener, Coaches with boards showing them where to play and when to 'press'.
A manager come on the pitch when one of his players was injured sorted him out, then was shouting at the kids to defend and told them where to stand on the edge of the box and they didn't move for the rest of the game. As he was walking off he got the ball and slammed it down on the ground.

These are 6 and 7 years old's let them enjoy the game 1st and foremost.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:38 - Nov 2 with 3225 viewsITFC_Forever

On the whole subject of parents at their kids matches....

Both my daughters (17 and 12) play netball to a decent standard, and the vast majority of parents are imbeccably behaved.
There's the odd comment to their daughter to encourage them, but never any shouting, ranting and raving to players / coaching staff / officials.

Youngest was involved in an incident last week - her team are mainly year 8 and with a couple of year 9s, but they play in a U-15 league where they can be playing year 10s.
The opposition were year 10 and started pushing them around and being generally unpleasant, and my daughter came off in floods of tears at the end of each quarter.

Other daughter was one of the two umpires, and 99% of me wanted to wade into the situation and throw my weight about - but fortunately the sensible 1% took control and I left it to the coaches and umpires to sort out.
Daughter then got player of the match, so I was pleased she stuck at it and kept going back for more against a team that were trying to intimidate them.

When I then listen to stories my work colleague tells me about his 14 yr old boy's football matches, I think the situation would have gone in a different direction in football.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:44 - Nov 2 with 3207 viewsIllinoisblue

Fun times

I get that it’s a sensitive situation but hard to see how punishing the majority is a good or fair solution. Expect we’ll see more of this in the future.

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:47 - Nov 2 with 3198 viewsBseaBlue

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:30 - Nov 2 by davblue

I don't say much on the sidelines, i talk to him in the garden or after the game at things he could do.

I told him off a few weeks back as he was sulking that he was playing in defence and didn't try all game.

Some of the coaches and parents i've seen and this is at under 7's has been a bit of an eye opener, Coaches with boards showing them where to play and when to 'press'.
A manager come on the pitch when one of his players was injured sorted him out, then was shouting at the kids to defend and told them where to stand on the edge of the box and they didn't move for the rest of the game. As he was walking off he got the ball and slammed it down on the ground.

These are 6 and 7 years old's let them enjoy the game 1st and foremost.

Sadly, youth football is full of parents that are small minded and think their kid is going to be 'The one'. I'm as competitive as they come but I'm just happy to see my lad enjoy his football. My biggest fear is what will happen when there are no referees left at grassroots because of the grief they get from said parents when things dont go their way.

My daughter played in her first match the other week which was an all girls school game. It was a breath of fresh air with how positive the whole match was, including the respect and enjoyment from the players, the encouragement from the referee and the parents.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:49 - Nov 2 with 3180 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 11:38 - Nov 2 by ITFC_Forever

On the whole subject of parents at their kids matches....

Both my daughters (17 and 12) play netball to a decent standard, and the vast majority of parents are imbeccably behaved.
There's the odd comment to their daughter to encourage them, but never any shouting, ranting and raving to players / coaching staff / officials.

Youngest was involved in an incident last week - her team are mainly year 8 and with a couple of year 9s, but they play in a U-15 league where they can be playing year 10s.
The opposition were year 10 and started pushing them around and being generally unpleasant, and my daughter came off in floods of tears at the end of each quarter.

Other daughter was one of the two umpires, and 99% of me wanted to wade into the situation and throw my weight about - but fortunately the sensible 1% took control and I left it to the coaches and umpires to sort out.
Daughter then got player of the match, so I was pleased she stuck at it and kept going back for more against a team that were trying to intimidate them.

When I then listen to stories my work colleague tells me about his 14 yr old boy's football matches, I think the situation would have gone in a different direction in football.

Parents over here, particularly at basketball, are off the charts crazy. I suspect it’s largely due to the possibility (however remote) of their kid getting a scholarship to play in college which leads to such behaviour. Abusing refs, abusing other team’s players, telling their own kids to not pass and just shoot all the time. It can get really ugly.

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:00 - Nov 2 with 3126 viewsBluish

My daughter has started playing U11 football this season. I'm going to find out about the 'silent week' thing now you've mentioned it. It does seem bizarre to me.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:01 - Nov 2 with 3129 views3_5_2

mixed football has been in place for a while and fairly recently the age limited removed. I have to say I have only ever seen girls playing for boys teams and not the other way round but I guess its a sign of the times.

The Suffolk FA, like all FA's I guess, have a silent weekend in an effort to highlight the issues which come from junior coaches with a win only mentality (so often ranting / raving) and parents who are just over the top. I have worked for both ITFC and Norwich (yes them) as a Centre of Excellence coach and scout. Some of the things I have seen and heard just beggar belief. So I understand why the FA do it as it is a big problem in some parts of the Country.

I used to use a technique when coaching a side that involved parents signing an agreement not to coach. Encourage etc by all means but no coaching as often they would not know what I had asked a player to do. If parents started to coach their child, I would sub the player and explain that Dad / Mum was coaching, send them over to explain and then put them back on as soon as I could. It worked and I never had an issue in many years of doing it.

Something else I would often do, would set up a tactics board with 2 shapes (442 v 352 for example) and ask the kids which they prefer and why. You will be amazed at how much they know but are often never allowed to voice.

In 99% of cases where I had an issue it was either either with the opposition coach acting like Jose Mourino (the bad bits) or with parents, mainly Dads trying to relive their playing days through their kids.

Initiatives such as the "Silent weekend" have their place but sadly there is a culture (not everywhere it must be said) where kids are not just allowed to play, learn and enjoy the game as they should.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:09 - Nov 2 with 3099 viewssotd78

I am involved with an all girls club in Colchester. We play in the ECGFL. We would not sanction any mixed teams in the League.

As far as we understand it the "silent week" is an initiative leading in to Armistice Sunday but part of the Respect campaign.

Someone, somewhere has got to start tackling the gobby parents, the aggressive spectators, the bad attitude to sometimes very junior referees and the abuse of parents and kids that are all playing or watching for fun. Sadly there's very little role modelling to go by in the professional game.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:23 - Nov 2 with 3039 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:09 - Nov 2 by sotd78

I am involved with an all girls club in Colchester. We play in the ECGFL. We would not sanction any mixed teams in the League.

As far as we understand it the "silent week" is an initiative leading in to Armistice Sunday but part of the Respect campaign.

Someone, somewhere has got to start tackling the gobby parents, the aggressive spectators, the bad attitude to sometimes very junior referees and the abuse of parents and kids that are all playing or watching for fun. Sadly there's very little role modelling to go by in the professional game.

I've been helping the coach as a volunteer at my boy's club - we don't really get pushy parents. Our problem is more that the kids put huge pressure on themselves to play well (because at 9/10, they still believe they could be a pro) and get very upset with themselves when it doesn't go right. They also play too hard as a result - sliding tackles are banned, but they find creative ways to rough each other up. Maybe I'm just a silly old hippy, but the kids should play for fun, not for results.

Feel for Texters with that keeper situ - bit of a no win for the other girls there, but I don;t know what could be done instead. Maybe someone could have a quiet word with the former boy keeper to perhaps let the odd shot in, if it's that unfair an advantage?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 12:24]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 2934 viewsyesjohn99

Found out about this this morning. I’ll still be telling my daughter well played as and when.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 2930 viewsBluish

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:23 - Nov 2 by giant_stow

I've been helping the coach as a volunteer at my boy's club - we don't really get pushy parents. Our problem is more that the kids put huge pressure on themselves to play well (because at 9/10, they still believe they could be a pro) and get very upset with themselves when it doesn't go right. They also play too hard as a result - sliding tackles are banned, but they find creative ways to rough each other up. Maybe I'm just a silly old hippy, but the kids should play for fun, not for results.

Feel for Texters with that keeper situ - bit of a no win for the other girls there, but I don;t know what could be done instead. Maybe someone could have a quiet word with the former boy keeper to perhaps let the odd shot in, if it's that unfair an advantage?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 12:24]

I have to say that I haven't come across any pushy or gobby parents so far, but this is my daughter's first season, so I guess I should expect it at some point. The opposition coaches have been decent people on the whole except one that refused to equal the number of players from my daughter's side when they had players missing through sickness. Even when they were 4 or 5 goals up up at half time he refused.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:51 - Nov 2 with 2904 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:44 - Nov 2 by Bluish

I have to say that I haven't come across any pushy or gobby parents so far, but this is my daughter's first season, so I guess I should expect it at some point. The opposition coaches have been decent people on the whole except one that refused to equal the number of players from my daughter's side when they had players missing through sickness. Even when they were 4 or 5 goals up up at half time he refused.

That's properly mean of that coach and totally overblown too. They’d just *playing*!!

My over 45s team has submitted a complaint to our league about player eligibility (1 guy in a match weeks ago wasn't on the opposition’s roster and they only had 10 men without him). I’m just a grunt who occasionally comes on as sub, but if they’d asked me, I would have said leave it — its bad karma to complain, but all they can think about is the lost 2 points from drawing that game. People just take it too seriously — we’re just a bunch of bald fat blokes chugging around a pitch ffs!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 12:57]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:10 - Nov 2 with 2835 viewsFearon

Fun times

My daughter plays at u14 level for a local team which I coach and also at ITFC. Prior to this season we played a few times against a team who had 3 boys transitioning into girls and were much bigger and faster so inevitably were difficult to play against.
Before a game you could see the difference in our girls body language and they were frustrated and angry afterwards that they couldn’t compete physically.

I find the parents are fine but some of the other coaches are a little OTT, make Warnock look like a choir boy!
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:17 - Nov 2 with 2815 viewsPlums

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 12:44 - Nov 2 by yesjohn99

Found out about this this morning. I’ll still be telling my daughter well played as and when.

Depressing.
Give it a go and see what the kids think afterwards.

As someone who's been involved in kids football for many years, unless you've done it, I recommend reffing a game and seeing just how loud and intimidating it is with all the parents shouting - even if it is encouraging.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 19:19]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:38 - Nov 2 with 2728 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:10 - Nov 2 by Fearon

My daughter plays at u14 level for a local team which I coach and also at ITFC. Prior to this season we played a few times against a team who had 3 boys transitioning into girls and were much bigger and faster so inevitably were difficult to play against.
Before a game you could see the difference in our girls body language and they were frustrated and angry afterwards that they couldn’t compete physically.

I find the parents are fine but some of the other coaches are a little OTT, make Warnock look like a choir boy!

3 boys transitioning in one team?

I've also heard of a (large) school with 8 kids transitioning in one year.

Seems like more than you'd expect statistically and makes me worried. I realise this is *very* dangerous territory, but examples like this make you wonder about mental health, more than gender issues, although I've probably offended someone by asking the question and it is just a question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024