Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here have girls that play football? 10:24 - Nov 2 with 4663 viewstextbackup

Two things…

- had a boy play in goal Vs ours a few weeks back, was miles ahead of our keeper, and we lost because of it.

- this weekend we’ve been told it’s silent week, where we can’t even praise the girls, only allowed to clap.

Weird sport sometimes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:43 - Nov 2 with 999 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 10:54 - Nov 2 by textbackup

Never been anything other than encouragement from parents of both sides, it’s a league decision apparently, and teams up to adults (women) are encouraged to do the same.

And on the boy keeper thing… regardless of age group he wants to be a she, so they are playing him in a girls team.

So in order for one kid to feel happy another 9/10 need to feel sad that they’ve lost, and all came off complaining it wasn’t fair… aged 10

Fun times

Not unheard of by any means, but can a child of that age really make an informed decision about their gender identity? I may be making a false equivalence, but if we all accept that a child can't consent to sexual activity because they don't understand it, how can they consent to this?

Fair enough if they want to be a she, but assuming no therapy or surgery has begun, then would they not be better playing predominantly with boys for the time-being? I don't mean to upset anyone who may be experiencing this sort of thing as a parent, but I can't see the logic in this.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 14:08 - Nov 2 with 953 viewsKeno

"it’s silent week"

you playing Arsenal then?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 14:09 - Nov 2 with 957 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:38 - Nov 2 by giant_stow

3 boys transitioning in one team?

I've also heard of a (large) school with 8 kids transitioning in one year.

Seems like more than you'd expect statistically and makes me worried. I realise this is *very* dangerous territory, but examples like this make you wonder about mental health, more than gender issues, although I've probably offended someone by asking the question and it is just a question.

Girls aren't allowed to be tomboys any more, there has to be a label put on it and vice versa

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 14:56 - Nov 2 with 882 viewshype313

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:17 - Nov 2 by Plums

Depressing.
Give it a go and see what the kids think afterwards.

As someone who's been involved in kids football for many years, unless you've done it, I recommend reffing a game and seeing just how loud and intimidating it is with all the parents shouting - even if it is encouraging.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 19:19]

I think every manager should gather all the kids and parents into a meeting at the beginning of the season, for every age group and say "None of your children are going to make it as a professional footballer, even if a few of them get lobster potted by ITFC or Norwich or Colchester, they will be spat out just as quickly, below 1% of academy players make it, so just relax and enjoy watching them play"

Sorry if that sounds negative, and against the grain of you can achieve anything you want in life, but that simply isn't true, better to set expectations early on, so the burden of parents pressure trying to live their life's through their kids doesn't happen anywhere near as much.

Anyway, That's my motivational spiel done for the day.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 15:00 - Nov 2 with 869 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:38 - Nov 2 by giant_stow

3 boys transitioning in one team?

I've also heard of a (large) school with 8 kids transitioning in one year.

Seems like more than you'd expect statistically and makes me worried. I realise this is *very* dangerous territory, but examples like this make you wonder about mental health, more than gender issues, although I've probably offended someone by asking the question and it is just a question.

3 in one team seems very odd, statistically speaking.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 16:40 - Nov 2 with 778 viewsyesjohn99

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 13:17 - Nov 2 by Plums

Depressing.
Give it a go and see what the kids think afterwards.

As someone who's been involved in kids football for many years, unless you've done it, I recommend reffing a game and seeing just how loud and intimidating it is with all the parents shouting - even if it is encouraging.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 19:19]

I’m the regular home match ref. None of the other parents put themselves forward.
Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 19:22 - Nov 2 with 715 viewsPlums

Anyone on here have girls that play football? on 16:40 - Nov 2 by yesjohn99

I’m the regular home match ref. None of the other parents put themselves forward.

So you'll understand the point then. Well done for doing stepping up.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024