Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate 21:57 - Dec 29 with 4342 viewsStewart27

Sorry.

I rarely start a thread. But the amount of posters on here tonight who are blaming this lack of striker is really p!sing me off.

We score 2 goals away to a top team, but again this gets overlooked because we simply concede at will. We were never under the cosh tonight, but apparently this mysterious number 9 is our issue.
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 3062 viewsgtsb1966

They are not a top team.
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:01 - Dec 29 with 3038 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:00 - Dec 29 by gtsb1966

They are not a top team.

They’re not, but they do have good players

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 3014 viewshomer_123

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:01 - Dec 29 by Illinoisblue

Which appears to be lost in many.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:03 - Dec 29 with 2983 viewsgtsb1966

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:01 - Dec 29 by Illinoisblue

Not as good as ours
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:03 - Dec 29 with 2961 viewsjeera

It does feel a bit lazy doesn't it. We don't win so it's down to [lack of] strikers.

For much of that game, and the Oxford game among others, we had difficulty penetrating the box so what this imaginary striker would have done is anyone's guess.

That said, we need more than we have up front and with JJ out of the picture we do need a replacement.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 2937 viewsFrimleyBlue

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:03 - Dec 29 by gtsb1966

Not as good as ours

id' prefer dale over burns personally and i'd take bishop over jackson,

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 2940 viewshomer_123

Not as good as ours

Football doesn't work that way.

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 2903 viewsLeoMuff

We do need a striker as we have no Ladapo replacement, but I’m not sure a new striker is the answer, we don’t turn the 70% possession into clear cut chances, no striker scores many without service.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 2895 viewsFrimleyBlue

concede at will?

first goal no keeper was saving that

2nd came from a needless foul from Burns.

defence coped fine tonight

HAD we had more creativity from our side tonight then we may have scored the 2nd and their 2nd may not have happened as we wouldn't have had Burns giving away a needless foul.

Waka waka eh eh

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 2891 viewsgtsb1966

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:04 - Dec 29 by homer_123

Football doesn't work that way.

Absolutely which makes it even more annoying
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 2884 viewsParky

You do know that some people on a football forum are going to have a different opinion to you, don’t you?
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 2877 viewsBondiBlue

Same. It's like we have a fanbase of kevin keegans. All problems can be solved by signing more strikers.

Poll: Which would you accept?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 2842 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not as good as ours

Yes they do. The guy that won them a point has 50% more goals than his equivalent in our team. Their free kick Evans would be proud of. They defended with a tenacity we didn’t show at times, etc.

To the OP, it’s fairly simple. Goals win games. Their number nine had one chance and buried it. Ours had 3 including 2 very good ones and missed them all, effectively losing us 2 points. I like Freddie and want him to succeed, but nobody would call him prolific. Fine margins and all that.

But yes, we have to defend their 2nd goal better. That’s a separate issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 2832 viewsstrikalite

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:03 - Dec 29 by jeera

It does feel a bit lazy doesn't it. We don't win so it's down to [lack of] strikers.

For much of that game, and the Oxford game among others, we had difficulty penetrating the box so what this imaginary striker would have done is anyone's guess.

That said, we need more than we have up front and with JJ out of the picture we do need a replacement.

"That said, we need more than we have up front and with JJ out of the picture we do need a replacement."

Yep, we lack options upfront off the bench, don't need to be quick, an old head who can come on when we need a goal when like tonight they're camped deep..
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 2830 viewshomer_123

If we focus on Ladapo tonight...as I've posted a few times following today's match.

If we was just a touch more clinical...we'd have won tonight.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:10]

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2805 viewshomer_123

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 by gtsb1966

Absolutely which makes it even more annoying

No...that's football and why we love it.

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:12 - Dec 29 with 2779 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:00 - Dec 29 by gtsb1966

They are not a top team.

They have only lost 1 match at home all season. They are very difficult to beat.

To have trailed them 4 times across 2 matches, I would say taking 4 points off them is a pretty good return.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:13 - Dec 29 with 2754 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Glad you've said this. I totally agree. Too many games when we give goals away without the opposition having to work hard for it. Cheap free kicks, not defending corners or crosses in the box.

I don't think Pompey are a top team, but they're a decent team in this division. We should have beaten them.

Plymouth have won their last two games 1.0 - didn't need to score a hatful, just keep a clean sheet.
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:15 - Dec 29 with 2664 viewsBondiBlue

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:09 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

Yes they do. The guy that won them a point has 50% more goals than his equivalent in our team. Their free kick Evans would be proud of. They defended with a tenacity we didn’t show at times, etc.

To the OP, it’s fairly simple. Goals win games. Their number nine had one chance and buried it. Ours had 3 including 2 very good ones and missed them all, effectively losing us 2 points. I like Freddie and want him to succeed, but nobody would call him prolific. Fine margins and all that.

But yes, we have to defend their 2nd goal better. That’s a separate issue.

You're not wrong, goals win games, but you are putting all the responsibility on ladapo to score the goals, purely because he's usually the closest player to their goal.

Poll: Which would you accept?

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 2641 viewscbower

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:03 - Dec 29 by jeera

Spot on. Ladapo is decent but in the absence of TJJ we are very light. Jackson is not the player to lead the line and only certain kinds of games suit his skill set. I don't think McKenna yet trusts Ahadme. So, a replacement for John-Jules is needed. Were he not injured, I 5hink he would have played quite a bit tbf.

bluescouser

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 2446 viewsStewart27

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 22:07 - Dec 29 by FrimleyBlue

concede at will?

first goal no keeper was saving that

2nd came from a needless foul from Burns.

defence coped fine tonight

HAD we had more creativity from our side tonight then we may have scored the 2nd and their 2nd may not have happened as we wouldn't have had Burns giving away a needless foul.

You’re absolutely off your tits.

We win that game 2-0 or 2-1.

Despite Burns foul we should deal with that ball into the box every time.
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 23:27 - Dec 29 with 2409 viewsBlueForYou

Ladapo is a fairly big bloke, why is he not getting onto the end of the many crosses we put into the box? He seems very ineffective in the air. We don’t have that guy who can dominate the box, giving our attack a focal point.
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 23:28 - Dec 29 with 2407 viewsbazza

So You want to See More debate, about our poor strikers?
I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 07:57 - Dec 30 with 2034 viewsFrimleyBlue

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 23:20 - Dec 29 by Stewart27

You’re absolutely off your tits.

We win that game 2-0 or 2-1.

Despite Burns foul we should deal with that ball into the box every time.

Why should we deal with the ball into the box 'everytime' we coped with it over the course of the game as they didn't score any more from them, but on 1 occasion they scored.. what you need to do as KM said is STOP the ball being able to be put into the box.. firstly by not giving the freekick away in the first place etc.

Waka waka eh eh

I’m fed up with the lack of striker debate on 09:50 - Dec 30 with 1892 viewsElephantintheRoom

Especially as we gifted a striker to Barnsley who might be getting their revenge on the play offs

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024