Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? 11:18 - Apr 25 with 1391 viewsringwoodblue

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 1316 viewswkj

I honestly haven't read the EADT in print or online for about 6 or 7 years now. Unless they up the quality of the product I can't see many continuing to pay EADT much attention for free let alone pay for it.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 1268 viewsgeg1992

No way. Costs are high enough as it is, and I can get enough news from other sources for free.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 13:28 - Apr 25 with 1174 viewshype313

Personally I don't have an issue with paying £3-4 a month for ITFC content from Stuart and Andy etc, but not £8 for all of it. The standard of Journalism is dire, and general stories are basically hooked from Facebook/Socials.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 14:29 - Apr 25 with 1106 viewsJ2BLUE

Where's the no issue with them putting up a paywall but not something I will subscribe to option? Can't remember the last time I went on EADT. If TWTD went PPV I would pay it in a heartbeat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 15:31 - Apr 25 with 1036 viewstommyboy1972

I understand the need to pay and although i don't read their stories because of the terrible web UI i would subscribe to indirectly support their great podcast. However, £8 is too much, my ceiling is £4. Perhaps i am just too tight...
How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:18 - Apr 25 with 975 viewsThe_Realist_09

To honest it was only the odd bit from them I stopped to read, therefore a subscription is enough to put me off.

If I was a regular reader, I probably wouldn't mind the small fee.
How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:22 - Apr 25 with 944 viewsFBI

I like the pod, but much prefer to watch it on YouTube than listen. For some reason I find it hard to concentrate when it;s audio only. SadLy the YT version will be behind the paywal, I believe.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:25 - Apr 25 with 935 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:22 - Apr 25 by FBI

I like the pod, but much prefer to watch it on YouTube than listen. For some reason I find it hard to concentrate when it;s audio only. SadLy the YT version will be behind the paywal, I believe.

Will the pod still be free on Spotify?

I have always watched on YouTube, but I'd rather listen for free* on Spotify than have to pay for the privilege of video.

* 'Free' in as much as I already have a Spotify Premium subscription.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 16:27]

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Login to get fewer ads

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:26 - Apr 25 with 930 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I wonder if they realise a lot of their readers/viewers for ITFC don't actually live near Ipswich. If I lived in the area then a subscription might be worth it for the other news stories. As I don't, why would I pay for it when there's plenty of ITFC content elsewhere?

Maybe they've worked all this out and it will be cost effective, but the clicks (and thus the ability to harness ad revenue) will surely go down massively from non-Suffolk based ITFC supporters.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 17:52 - Apr 25 with 796 viewsfactual_blue

Where's the 'totally indifferent' option?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 17:56 - Apr 25 with 788 viewsstonojnr

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:26 - Apr 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

I wonder if they realise a lot of their readers/viewers for ITFC don't actually live near Ipswich. If I lived in the area then a subscription might be worth it for the other news stories. As I don't, why would I pay for it when there's plenty of ITFC content elsewhere?

Maybe they've worked all this out and it will be cost effective, but the clicks (and thus the ability to harness ad revenue) will surely go down massively from non-Suffolk based ITFC supporters.

it really really isnt worth it for the other "news" and I use that term loosely, the ITFC part is basically the only bit left in both papers that actually do proper journalism with proper reporters anymore.

The rest as other people have said is abunch of stories that are data sourced from twitter, or facebook, often being only a paragraph long, with a picture taken from google, more often than not of the wrong location,I actually wonder if alot of it isnt just AI written now, rather than the intern sat in Norwich, because so many of the pieces they cover dont actually read like AI content.

people on the whole dont buy physical newspapers anymore, and the generation that do wont be subscribing on their ipads to get it.

theyll roll it out, be completely shocked that actually no one wants to pay for it, unless they radically overhall and provide proper journalims, and it will force a rethink or sadly more likely I can see the Star becoming a weekly paper before long, whilst the East Anglian might hold for a bit longer but likely go the same way
How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 18:45 - Apr 25 with 713 viewsBigCommon

This time last year, I was trimming down my subscriptions to a more affordable level.
I wont be adding any more. And in all honesty, learned to live without most of them. So even if financial situation changes. I don't see the need to chuck a few quid here and there, when it can pay for "real" things....
How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 18:50 - Apr 25 with 696 viewsTheMoralMajority

How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription? on 16:25 - Apr 25 by ThisIsMyUsername

Will the pod still be free on Spotify?

I have always watched on YouTube, but I'd rather listen for free* on Spotify than have to pay for the privilege of video.

* 'Free' in as much as I already have a Spotify Premium subscription.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 16:27]

Audio pod remains free (I don't use Spotify, but don't see any reason for it to be any different there)

...but do signatures really work?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024