Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of our squad have had a promotion before? 07:17 - Apr 27 with 2326 viewsITFC_Forever

Walton (Wigan)
Donacien (Accrington)
Morsy (Wigan)
Evans (Wigan)
Ladapo (Rotherham)
Chaplin (Portsmouth)
Jackson (Accrington)
Aluko (Hull)

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:35 - Apr 27 with 2226 viewsDaninthecampo

Broadhead Sunderland
How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:39 - Apr 27 with 2209 viewsITFC_Forever

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:35 - Apr 27 by Daninthecampo

Broadhead Sunderland

Good shout, didn’t consider him.

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:40 - Apr 27 with 2204 viewsheavyweight

Morsy ( Wigan x2, Chesterfield, Port Vale)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 7:42]
How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:42 - Apr 27 with 2166 viewsclive_baker

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:40 - Apr 27 by heavyweight

Morsy ( Wigan x2, Chesterfield, Port Vale)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 7:42]

Blimey, a 5th promotion on the CV potentially. Can’t be many who have done that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:45 - Apr 27 with 2139 viewstextbackup

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:42 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

Blimey, a 5th promotion on the CV potentially. Can’t be many who have done that.

Winners mentality - exactly what we’ve been crying out for in a captain

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:52 - Apr 27 with 2122 viewsclive_baker

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:45 - Apr 27 by textbackup

Winners mentality - exactly what we’ve been crying out for in a captain

100%. Chambers was good captain on balance, he was mostly surrounded by pony players though.

I love the standards Morsy sets of those around him. 2-0 up away at Barnsley and he’s still happy to give someone a talking to if he doesn’t like what he’s seeing. Absolute winner to the core.

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:00 - Apr 27 with 2096 viewscatch74

I was going to say, surely Keogh in his near 20 year career - but don’t think he has. Long time with the Derby overspend in the Championship was maybe the closest he’s come?
Be nice for him if we go up therefore.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:03 - Apr 27 with 2081 viewswkj

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:52 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

100%. Chambers was good captain on balance, he was mostly surrounded by pony players though.

I love the standards Morsy sets of those around him. 2-0 up away at Barnsley and he’s still happy to give someone a talking to if he doesn’t like what he’s seeing. Absolute winner to the core.

I have a feeling that Chambers probably had a "Matey Mate" kind of style as a captain. Something tells me Morsy might have a big more intensity and a little less 'one of the lads'.

It could be bobbins, of course - just a hunch.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:39 - Apr 27 with 2000 viewsSitfcB

Edwards (WBA)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:41 - Apr 27 with 1994 viewsitfcjoe

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 07:52 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

They are all L2 and L1 promotions which resulted from having a couple of relegations on CV as well.

Most impressive for me about Morsy is he has 3 titles in his 4 promotions though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:43 - Apr 27 with 1969 viewsitfcjoe

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:03 - Apr 27 by wkj

I have a feeling that Chambers probably had a "Matey Mate" kind of style as a captain. Something tells me Morsy might have a big more intensity and a little less 'one of the lads'.

Some interesting comments from Norwood in his pod with Statman and Dyer, where he says basically the management team didn't speak to the young players and treated them poorly (to paraphrase) so that Chambers had to do so much of the man management with them which may have been too big a burden - but also meant that come game time, he couldn't hammer them if they needed hammering because they ended up so fragile because of the lack of management from above

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:51 - Apr 27 with 1918 viewsitfcjoe

Burns played a couple of times when Bristol City won L1

Burgess - Cheltenham (National league to League 2)

Harness - a few games when Burton went from L2 to L1, and when they went from L1 to CHamp

Lee Evans has one at Wolves as well (L1 to Champ)

Dom Ball - Rangers from Scottish Champ to SPL
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 8:52]

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:53 - Apr 27 with 1872 viewsdavblue

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:39 - Apr 27 by SitfcB

Edwards (WBA)

Promotion Ting Part 2 incoming soon (Hopefully)

Surely he's tapped you up to star in the video?

[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 8:57]
How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:54 - Apr 27 with 1844 viewsCityBlue

issue with Chambers was he, Skuse and a select few were very good friends and appears unable to call each other out.

I T I D

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:56 - Apr 27 with 1821 viewsclive_baker

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:41 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

They are all L2 and L1 promotions which resulted from having a couple of relegations on CV as well.

Most impressive for me about Morsy is he has 3 titles in his 4 promotions though

He’s only had 1 relegation hasn’t he? And that was when Wigan were deducted 12 points, were it not for that they were mid-table.

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:58 - Apr 27 with 1796 viewsSW_LondonBlue

Leif Davis - Leeds (was around the squad but didn't play may much)
- B'Mouth last season on loan
How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 1731 viewsCityBlue

how many of our fanbase?

I T I D

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 1720 viewschicoazul

How many fans have?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:07 - Apr 27 with 1700 viewsLankHenners

Think Woolfenden made a comment at one point saying both Chambers and Morsy are/were excellent captains but slightly different in that Chambers could put an arm round the shoulder when needed whereas Morsy is very much demanding you do something right and will get on your case a bit if you don't. Don't think there's a wrong or right there as long as the players respect them which they did/do in both cases.

Different scenarios between then and now anyway, Chambers was doing a lot of things that shouldn't really have been within his remit whereas Morsy can just be very driven on on-pitch matters.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:14 - Apr 27 with 1641 viewsSwansea_Blue

McKenna. Man U to the Town. That has to be the biggest promotion of the lot!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:20 - Apr 27 with 1619 viewsBlueBoots

El Miz!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:32 - Apr 27 with 1531 viewsitfcjoe

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 08:56 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

He’s only had 1 relegation hasn’t he? And that was when Wigan were deducted 12 points, were it not for that they were mid-table.

Was with Wigan when they went down in 16/17 as well

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:51 - Apr 27 with 1489 viewsITFC_Forever

All the replies so far are why I created this thread.... to try and understand how many have been there and done it before, and will know how we must approach the remaining part of the season.

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 10:06 - Apr 27 with 1429 viewsAlberto_the_frog

How many of our squad have had a promotion before? on 09:04 - Apr 27 by CityBlue

how many of our fanbase?

I don't really remember 68, but 92 and 2000
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024