Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last chance saloon ITFC 17:01 - May 10 with 7495 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

Stumbled across an interview with Tom Carroll recently (still without a club but training at the Spurs centre for those interested). This got me thinking about some of the horrendous signings made in the Evans era where an old crock/journeyman would turn up for a years salary before disappearing into the sunset never to be seen again, few eg's below:

Simon Dawkins - who can forget that masterful 10min sub appearance, left in 2019 only recent reemerged in the second tier of the US for 'Monterey Bay'

Reece Wabara - reaching here perhaps... he managed 80 appearances across L1/L2 in the following 5 years before retiring at 25 now runs a clothing brand

Cameron Stewart - managed 4 appearances at Lincoln after leaving us, hasnt been seen for 5 years now aged 32

Zeki Fryers - maybe a bit harsh, managed 50 apps at Barnsley and Swindon from 2017-2021, currently plying his trade in the 2nd tier of Sweden

Tom Adeyemi - a grand 5 appearances in 2 years, believe he retired at 27 no idea where he is now

Any other highlights i've missed from our (now defunct) banter era?
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:02]
Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:09 - May 10 with 4736 viewsKeno

Michael Chopra?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:10 - May 10 with 4741 viewsclive_baker

Worth noting Carroll was signed by Cook / Gamechanger. He was absolutely shot by the time he came here. Wonder if that conversation was somewhat awkward for McKenna last summer given they go so far back. Probably not, this is no time for passengers.

Simon Dawkins looked like he was wearing lead boots for that 10 minute cameo. Properly hopeless. There were a lot of examples under MM, although to be fair to him when you're shopping in the bargain basement you have to expect a much lower hit rate.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:17 - May 10 with 4696 viewsZx1988

Jordan Spence?

Collin Quaner also seemed to drop off a cliff after his spell with us. A fairly solid career in the German lower leagues prior to joining Huddersfield, then after his spell with us:

St Mirren - 6 apps, 1 goal
Klagenfurt - 0 apps
Retired aged 30.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:19]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:42 - May 10 with 4602 viewsdanger_matt

Tom Adeyemi is now a Life Sciences Associate Consultant apparently, having completed a degree in Biology in 2021 and some other accreditation from Harvard. Fair play.
Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:46 - May 10 with 4566 viewsSwansea_Blue

There was a whole bunch under Jewell. It seemed like we were settling up contracts every month at one stage.

Ingimarsson
Ellington
Sonko
Stevenson

Etc…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:47 - May 10 with 4539 viewsKeno

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:17 - May 10 by Zx1988

Jordan Spence?

Collin Quaner also seemed to drop off a cliff after his spell with us. A fairly solid career in the German lower leagues prior to joining Huddersfield, then after his spell with us:

St Mirren - 6 apps, 1 goal
Klagenfurt - 0 apps
Retired aged 30.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:19]

yeah but look who Spence is married to.

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:47 - May 10 with 4556 viewsIllinoisblue

Keenan Bennetts. Expensive and not very good loanee under Cook (edit, Lambert?) Wikipedia suggests he’s playing in the second tier of German football but has no stats to back it up. Retired?
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:52]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:48 - May 10 with 4541 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:46 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

There was a whole bunch under Jewell. It seemed like we were settling up contracts every month at one stage.

Ingimarsson
Ellington
Sonko
Stevenson

Etc…

Oh, and at the opposite end of their careers, I think it was Jewell who let Hourihane go for a free

Login to get fewer ads

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:51 - May 10 with 4501 viewsMattinLondon

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:48 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, and at the opposite end of their careers, I think it was Jewell who let Hourihane go for a free

Think that was Keane.
Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:57 - May 10 with 4467 viewspositivity

leon best, jonathan douglas, zeki fryers, cameron stewart, balint bajner

who can forget our incredible loan quartet of luke matheson, josh harrop, luke thomas, keanan bennets

then there were the annoying ones who we couldn't get a tune out of, but went on to better things:-

iorfa, wood, maitland-niles

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:01 - May 10 with 4441 viewstextbackup

Tabb - now a jockey and works with his dads building firm occasionally

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:02 - May 10 with 4439 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

some brilliant suggestions there, i think i may have blacked out from my memory those Jewell signings such was their performance levels, i would suggest that 'the duke' may have been his magnum opus.....

I've also just learnt that Danny Rowe retired at 29, spent a year out the game after leaving us before a 17 game stint at Burton across 2 seasons. Now runs a property development company with Michael Mancienne (the former Chelsea and Wolves man)
Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:03 - May 10 with 4417 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:51 - May 10 by MattinLondon

Think that was Keane.

Oh, was it? I didn’t like him either!

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:03 - May 10 with 4414 viewsKeno

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:02 - May 10 by Macedonian_Gerrard

some brilliant suggestions there, i think i may have blacked out from my memory those Jewell signings such was their performance levels, i would suggest that 'the duke' may have been his magnum opus.....

I've also just learnt that Danny Rowe retired at 29, spent a year out the game after leaving us before a 17 game stint at Burton across 2 seasons. Now runs a property development company with Michael Mancienne (the former Chelsea and Wolves man)

Was it Tommy Oar who left us cos he wanted to be nearer Australia

and ended in somewhere like Middlesborough?

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:05 - May 10 with 4394 viewspositivity

Last chance saloon ITFC on 17:51 - May 10 by MattinLondon

Think that was Keane.

keane signed him, jewell released him, plymouth rebuilt him

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:06 - May 10 with 4385 viewspositivity

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:01 - May 10 by textbackup

Tabb - now a jockey and works with his dads building firm occasionally

as a chimney sweep? jockey i can believe...

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:10 - May 10 with 4369 viewspositivity

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:03 - May 10 by Keno

i'm not sure if nicosia will take the "somewhere like middlesborough"comparison well!

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:13 - May 10 with 4362 viewsGeoffSentence

Martin Brittain, managed 0 games for us before being loaned out to Yeovil for 15 games, before getting 1 game a piece at Carlisle and Walsall then wandering off into non-league sunset

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:32 - May 10 with 4263 viewsSitfcB

Paul Jewell
Roy Keane
Paul Lambert

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Last chance saloon ITFC on 19:16 - May 10 with 4060 viewsBlueBadger

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:32 - May 10 by SitfcB

Paul Jewell
Roy Keane
Paul Lambert

Astonishing to think that two of those got management/coaching jobs after us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last chance saloon ITFC on 19:32 - May 10 with 4015 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:03 - May 10 by Keno

not quite. 2 million quid for the pleasure of 6 league games, 5 months later contract was terminated mutually as he cited home sickness (after having spent the best part of 5 years in the netherlands before joining). He did go back to Oz and joined Brisbane Roar. Reasonable enough right? Only to then 18 or so months later leave Brisbane and sign for Apoel in Cyprus!!!

Guess thats what playing under MM does to a player
Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:20 - May 10 with 3812 viewsitfc_bucks

Last chance saloon ITFC on 18:13 - May 10 by GeoffSentence

Martin Brittain, managed 0 games for us before being loaned out to Yeovil for 15 games, before getting 1 game a piece at Carlisle and Walsall then wandering off into non-league sunset

Suffered an horrendous injury, did he not?

Otherwise, that looked a decent signing. Came from Newcastle (I think) and they had offered him terms to stay, but he wanted first team football.

One that got in my mind the other week was Polish Pete, Piotr Malaczyk (sp?). Got given the run around by Rooney in that cup game at Old Trafford, got sent off, TC looked at him with a death stare and he was never seen again.

Entirely possible that TC did kill him, I suppose.
Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:28 - May 10 with 3776 viewsclive_baker

Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:20 - May 10 by itfc_bucks

Suffered an horrendous injury, did he not?

Otherwise, that looked a decent signing. Came from Newcastle (I think) and they had offered him terms to stay, but he wanted first team football.

One that got in my mind the other week was Polish Pete, Piotr Malaczyk (sp?). Got given the run around by Rooney in that cup game at Old Trafford, got sent off, TC looked at him with a death stare and he was never seen again.

Entirely possible that TC did kill him, I suppose.

It was a real head scratcher that an £8k signing from Poland and Josh Yorworth, neither of whom could get near our side didn’t come out of the cold and keep Rooney and Martial quiet at Old Trafford.

That selection still winds me up today.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:38 - May 10 with 3704 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:28 - May 10 by clive_baker

It was a real head scratcher that an £8k signing from Poland and Josh Yorworth, neither of whom could get near our side didn’t come out of the cold and keep Rooney and Martial quiet at Old Trafford.

That selection still winds me up today.

Oh yeah because the first 11 had to be 'rested' to save a point against Bristol City three days laster. Pure masterclass.
Last chance saloon ITFC on 20:40 - May 10 with 3690 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Laursen Toure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024