Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a 23:01 - May 20 with 5727 viewsunstableblue

… bar for our fanbase to aspire to

Absolutely superb and relentless noise from them all season, despite many lows

And critically it is universal and comes from every stand

Churchmans take note!!

Certainly the retention of McKenna is linked to whether we can ‘turn it up to 11’

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:12 - May 20 with 4651 viewspointofblue

Pretty sure the Forest fanbase kept Cooper in place as well - it sounds like their owners had more than one wobble but the fanbase kept relentlessly behind him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:26 - May 20 with 4612 viewsMetal_Hacker

I watched it earlier and the crowd sounded immense

I text my mate who was there congratulating him. He said it was like having 300,000 there not 30,000

Poll: If it were one or the other

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:32 - May 20 with 4597 viewsunstableblue

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:26 - May 20 by Metal_Hacker

I watched it earlier and the crowd sounded immense

I text my mate who was there congratulating him. He said it was like having 300,000 there not 30,000

Mate and his son are season ticket holders… he stated the support this season has been completely unconditional (w@nkers at Bristol Rovers away take note) and incredibly loud… unconditional in that getting into the premiership was enough.. so just back the players and manager

They built a momentum of vocal and physical support from that dramatic rise to promotion from the bottom of the championship…. And just kept cranking it up

We need to take that euphoria of Barnsley away and Exeter at home and just layer onto it… go mental… create a really intimidating fortress at home

And as I said McKenna puts a lot of stock into that

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:41 - May 20 with 4564 viewsVegtablue

You mention Churchmans but our largest stand is the quietest and it does get very quiet in there.

Not to discredit our support obviously as many grounds have a similar setup. Stepping up to those levels would realistically take a lot of time but also fan turnover.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:54 - May 20 with 4534 viewsnorfsufblue

Yeah good points but if Churchmans is to be roused it would help if the players and staff acknowledged this part of the ground along with the other two stands more like they do when approaching the BR stand.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 01:39 - May 21 with 4431 viewswkj

We used to sound so much louder with the old North Stand, it used to ring out like a loud speaker. When the upper tier went in that effect got dampened significantly. I think in the 99/00's era we were often cited as the loudest football fans in the league, so, Forest are only keeping the seat warm.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:15 - May 21 with 4223 viewsChurchman

I think the first job is to generate demand and fill the football ground. We’ve been doing that and the growth in our support in the last two years has been phenomenal. I never thought I’d see the like. The trick is to keep up momentum.

Noise wise, it’s never been the loudest crowd.and I’m not sure it ever will be. The acoustics don’t help. However, watching Town in 5 it’s noticeable how many more younger people are attending games and without being ageist and as a sour old codger, it’s they that generate much off the atmosphere.

So, assuming we continue on the trajectory, I think the crowd will get louder anyway. For me though, the growth in demand for tickets, interest in the club and interest by the club in its support base (events, community etc) has been one of the most encouraging things of the post-dementor era. I will live with that.

As a postscript to these random thoughts, for season 2001/02 I was re-located from north stand (during the rebuild) to the middle tier of the west stand and sat with my dad who’d been there for years. In the opening game (Derby?) something happened and I stood up and gave the ref my advice rather loudly and was greeted with a chorus of ‘sit down’ and ‘we don’t do that in this stand’.

One woman used to take her knitting. Others shared flasks of tea, sandwiches, car rugs, birthday cards, old peoples bad breath. It was an experience, but the closest to noise was snoring from a miserable crustacean with a purple/blue face. I moved the following season.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 7:18]
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:45 - May 21 with 4033 viewspennblue

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:41 - May 20 by Vegtablue

You mention Churchmans but our largest stand is the quietest and it does get very quiet in there.

Not to discredit our support obviously as many grounds have a similar setup. Stepping up to those levels would realistically take a lot of time but also fan turnover.

You need a group of singers in each stand, not loads but maybe a group of 20 to get things started

Look what the small group in lower cobbold corner have achieved

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 08:33 - May 21 with 3831 viewsnoggin

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:15 - May 21 by Churchman

I think the first job is to generate demand and fill the football ground. We’ve been doing that and the growth in our support in the last two years has been phenomenal. I never thought I’d see the like. The trick is to keep up momentum.

Noise wise, it’s never been the loudest crowd.and I’m not sure it ever will be. The acoustics don’t help. However, watching Town in 5 it’s noticeable how many more younger people are attending games and without being ageist and as a sour old codger, it’s they that generate much off the atmosphere.

So, assuming we continue on the trajectory, I think the crowd will get louder anyway. For me though, the growth in demand for tickets, interest in the club and interest by the club in its support base (events, community etc) has been one of the most encouraging things of the post-dementor era. I will live with that.

As a postscript to these random thoughts, for season 2001/02 I was re-located from north stand (during the rebuild) to the middle tier of the west stand and sat with my dad who’d been there for years. In the opening game (Derby?) something happened and I stood up and gave the ref my advice rather loudly and was greeted with a chorus of ‘sit down’ and ‘we don’t do that in this stand’.

One woman used to take her knitting. Others shared flasks of tea, sandwiches, car rugs, birthday cards, old peoples bad breath. It was an experience, but the closest to noise was snoring from a miserable crustacean with a purple/blue face. I moved the following season.

I was in there for the Portsmouth game this season and nothing seems to have changed.

[Post edited 21 May 2023 8:42]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:03 - May 21 with 3778 viewsChurchman

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 08:33 - May 21 by noggin

I was in there for the Portsmouth game this season and nothing seems to have changed.

Oh dear.

They were most put out when I suggest the ref might be visually impaired and a little visit to spec savers wouldn’t go amiss.

And when I politely pointed out where the dressing rooms were to an opposing player who’d been sent off, some got an attack of the vapours.

When Finidi scored that goal against Sunderland I stood up and made the usual racket. They turned round and grumbled. Oh well.

I wasn’t the most popular bunny in the hutch. It was a miserable season all round. Zilch atmosphere with the stand missing, a relegated team, Van Nistelrooy cheating and seated amongst the living dead.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 9:06]
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:25 - May 21 with 3723 viewswitchdoctor

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:45 - May 21 by pennblue

You need a group of singers in each stand, not loads but maybe a group of 20 to get things started

Look what the small group in lower cobbold corner have achieved

unfortunately it seems that the group you speak off are no more…whether they have been split up…moved or banned I don’t know…but it was noticeable that they weren’t about for the last few games of the season..which was a shame..
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:34 - May 21 with 3693 viewsunstableblue

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:15 - May 21 by Churchman

Great post. On several occasions last season Portman Road was really rocking in every stand… a la Forest. The noise when they came out against Plymouth really stands out… and first half of Exeter game when Churchmans was really involved.

I think it’s that thing about being a spectator and supporter… yes there will be sections who don’t get fully involved - but it can’t be all of the Cobbold upper, pioneer upper and Churchmans

The middle tier of the Pinoeer and lower tier of Cobbold do really get going at time.

There is a challenge with the middle section of the lower north… which needs an injection of more rabid support

Hopefully the move of section 6 of the Cobbold can be catalyst

Certainly ramping up our home support and spreading the noise around the ground could be a huge boost to next seasons important championship push

We’re actually pretty good when we getting going, we just need more people involved

And I think the Churchmans really needs to step up!

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:46 - May 21 with 3670 viewsMetal_Hacker

My eldest just sent me this from someone who was at the cricket yesterday

Amazing really. I know it’s literally across the road but ……

Poll: If it were one or the other

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 10:38 - May 21 with 3548 viewsnoggin

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:25 - May 21 by witchdoctor

unfortunately it seems that the group you speak off are no more…whether they have been split up…moved or banned I don’t know…but it was noticeable that they weren’t about for the last few games of the season..which was a shame..

Possibly not season ticket holders and so couldn't secure tickets together for the last few games?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:25 - May 21 with 3444 viewsAlanG296

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 08:33 - May 21 by noggin

Verbals shouldn't be a problem, except swearing but if you're standing up obstructing others views, except for goal celebrating, its unnecessary and disrespectful, except for SBR lower where its consensual. I think in the last fans forum standing at away games was raised and Ashton asked for people to respect other fans. You can shout verbals sitting down. Sooner we get safe standing for the numbers that want to stand the better.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:32 - May 21 with 3419 viewsnoggin

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:25 - May 21 by AlanG296

Verbals shouldn't be a problem, except swearing but if you're standing up obstructing others views, except for goal celebrating, its unnecessary and disrespectful, except for SBR lower where its consensual. I think in the last fans forum standing at away games was raised and Ashton asked for people to respect other fans. You can shout verbals sitting down. Sooner we get safe standing for the numbers that want to stand the better.

I know right. One poor chap nearly woke up when I shouted 'Blue Army!'

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:36 - May 21 with 3387 viewsAlanG296

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:32 - May 21 by noggin

Hard to believe anyone pays good money to be at the game these days to have a sleep. Understandable in MMc days though.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:38 - May 21 with 3382 viewsGarv

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:46 - May 21 by Metal_Hacker

That's class.

Yesterday made you appreciate again how big Forest are, and though this won't be popular, how we're a fair way behind them in terms of stature.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 11:50]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:42 - May 21 with 3372 viewsJrm_72

I was at the chelsea vs forest game last week and the forest fans were noticeably very loud and singing without a break the whole game. Really never seen anything like it. Probably amplified by the Chelsea fans being largely silent the whole game, save for the odd disgruntled moan or half a dozen fans singing 'blue is the colour'.

Really pleased to see them stay up. Now just hoping Leeds pulls out something today and Everton drop down with Leicester
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 12:28 - May 21 with 3243 viewspennblue

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:42 - May 21 by Jrm_72

I was at the chelsea vs forest game last week and the forest fans were noticeably very loud and singing without a break the whole game. Really never seen anything like it. Probably amplified by the Chelsea fans being largely silent the whole game, save for the odd disgruntled moan or half a dozen fans singing 'blue is the colour'.

Really pleased to see them stay up. Now just hoping Leeds pulls out something today and Everton drop down with Leicester

Forest are leveraging 30 years of pain

A lot of them will remember the clough era and now they have returned they are going to fight for it

We could do the same but lets see. Need a strong start next season

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 13:03 - May 21 with 3184 viewsFunge

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:46 - May 21 by Metal_Hacker

Ha, that's quality.

Forest are a proper football club.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 13:07 - May 21 with 3178 viewsFunge

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 09:25 - May 21 by witchdoctor

Didn't it all get a bit heated in there one Tuesday evening game (maybe Burton?)

OB and stewards all pointing and gesticulating, a few of the boys in there were politely asked to leave, and then rather less politely asked to leave.

I'd wager that the occupants of the box behind were grumbling....
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 17:44 - May 21 with 2902 viewsfarkenhell

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:32 - May 21 by noggin

Made me laugh. Allow me to even up that downvote.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 18:59 - May 21 with 2802 viewsVaughan8

Home form is so important especially in the Premier League.

I think they said they have got 30 of their 37 points at home so something is certainly working at home.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:10 - May 21 with 2567 viewswitchdoctor

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 13:07 - May 21 by Funge

Didn't it all get a bit heated in there one Tuesday evening game (maybe Burton?)

OB and stewards all pointing and gesticulating, a few of the boys in there were politely asked to leave, and then rather less politely asked to leave.

I'd wager that the occupants of the box behind were grumbling....

shame that…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024