Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will sell out the away end? 21:55 - May 29 with 4832 viewsDinnernotTea

1.Birmingham City
2 Blackburn Rovers
3 Bristol City
4 Cardiff City
5 Coventry City
6 Huddersfield Town
7 Hull City
9 Leeds United
10 Leicester City
11 Middlesbrough
12 Millwall
13 Norwich City
14 Plymouth Argyle
15 Preston North End
16 Queens Park Rangers
17 Rotherham United
18 Sheffield Wednesday
19 Southampton
20 Stoke City
21 Sunderland
22 Swansea City
23 Watford
24 West Bromwich Albion

From our last what seemed like forever stay in there, not many I make it. Obviously some will change if it's a top 2 clash (Plymouth this season).

Scum
Leeds
Wednesday
Sunderland

We won't have 66 and 59 away fans again but still some terrible away fans amongst that lot.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Who will sell out the away end? on 21:58 - May 29 with 4350 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Birmingham usually travel well.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:01 - May 29 with 4323 viewsDinnernotTea

Who will sell out the away end? on 21:58 - May 29 by StochesStotasBlewe

Birmingham usually travel well.

Other than League Cup semi final I can't remember them bringing 2,000 to ours, could be wrong though.

Equally how many will we sell out. Again form dependent but based on previous history regardless of position I'd say the below for us -

Scum
Millwall
QPR
Watford
Leicester

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:05 - May 29 with 4295 viewsgainsboroughblue

Having been out of the division for four years, we are going to be a 'new ground' for a lot of fans, or at least one that's not been visited for a while. I expect several will fill or get close to filling the away end.

Aside from who you mentioned, I reckon Birmingham, Leicester, QPR, Millwall, Watford, Soton and West Brom will have strong numbers but like you say, a lot of it is dependent on game importance, league positions etc, not to mention travel friendly kick off times and days.
[Post edited 29 May 2023 22:08]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:07 - May 29 with 4281 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:01 - May 29 by DinnernotTea

Other than League Cup semi final I can't remember them bringing 2,000 to ours, could be wrong though.

Equally how many will we sell out. Again form dependent but based on previous history regardless of position I'd say the below for us -

Scum
Millwall
QPR
Watford
Leicester

They had both ends of the Cobbold Stand at the last game of the 96-97 season. Nothing riding on it for them either. Conversely I can recall some very weak turn outs from them before that but they were averaging around 6k at St Andrews until Barry Fry came in.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:08 - May 29 with 4264 viewsGogs

if this is anything to go by, there should be an average away attendance in excess of 1000 at least (sorry, it's a bristol city related page): https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/every-championship-club
Surprisingly few according to this article on 22:11 - May 29 with 4254 viewsunstableblue

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/birmingham-city/birmingham-city-st

Didn’t realise Preston travelled so well?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Surprisingly few according to this article on 22:19 - May 29 with 4200 viewsKeno

Surprisingly few according to this article on 22:11 - May 29 by unstableblue

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/birmingham-city/birmingham-city-st

Why are Norwich fans doing a sitters tribute?

[Post edited 29 May 2023 22:20]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:26 - May 29 with 4147 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cardiff, obviously. I can just see them packing it to the rafters if they're having another crap season, especially if it's a Tuesday night in Feb fixture. Def info!

Coventry travelled well this season. I think they brought a couple of thousand down here to Swansea. I saw a few games and they and Burnley were pretty much the largest (not a big sample, granted!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Who will sell out the away end? on 23:44 - May 29 with 3926 viewsIllinoisblue

Watford and WBA will bring around 1500, prob more if they’re doing well and games are on Saturday.
Saints and Leicester around the 1800 mark as we haven’t played them for a while.

Blackburn, Cardiff, PNE, Rotherham and Stoke all in the 400 - 1000 range.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who will sell out the away end? on 23:57 - May 29 with 3889 viewsStewart27

Who will sell out the away end? on 22:01 - May 29 by DinnernotTea

Scum
Millwall
QPR
Watford
Leicester

WTF?!

That’s a ridiculous call. We’ll sell out far more than that.
Who will sell out the away end? on 00:30 - May 30 with 3824 viewsStewart27

Far, far more than that. This seems really far off.
Surprisingly few according to this article on 01:55 - May 30 with 3784 viewsIllinoisblue

Preston numbers influenced by easy short trips to Wigan, Blackburn and Burnley where they can take significant numbers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who will sell out the away end? on 06:10 - May 30 with 3576 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Isn't it nice to be back in a big boys league again!

Poll: would you rather

Who will sell out the away end? on 06:17 - May 30 with 3558 viewsbournemouthblue

Who will sell out the away end? on 06:10 - May 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

Isn't it nice to be back in a big boys league again!

It's partly a 'big boys league' because there's a few 'little boys' now in the Prem such as Luton, Brentford, Fulham (not that they are that little really), Palace (similar to Fulham really), Bournemouth and Brighton (not that they are little any more now they have a plush new stadium) that historically I would suggest we and about 8 other Championship clubs are bigger than frankly

What is bigger? I think we would be above all over those lot bar maybe Brighton for attendances and in terms of actual trophy success?

Brighton really are the model for a club like ours to follow, it will be interesting to see if they can handle Europe now or if it's going to effect their league form as it often does given the scheduling

Just look how West Ham have got on this season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who will sell out the away end? on 07:54 - May 30 with 3369 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure Norwich will sellout, depends when we play them and how the season is going.

They wouldn’t sellout if we were having a significantly better season than them, and had already beaten them at Carrot Road. Especially as likely to be on Sky.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Surprisingly few according to this article on 08:34 - May 30 with 3231 viewsTractorCam

They don't really, they have half the league within their doorstep which they'll sell out then only take hundreds to places like us.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Surprisingly few according to this article on 09:01 - May 30 with 3162 viewsyorkshireblue

What a terribly written article.... no need to bullet point a list backwards, then give the ranking as well.

24th 1st makes no sense.
Who will sell out the away end? on 09:27 - May 30 with 3069 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds
Sheff Wed
Millwall
Norwich

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who will sell out the away end? on 09:36 - May 30 with 3037 viewsbrazil1982

I would expect theses clubs not too take their full allocation:

Blackburn, Cardiff, Bristol, 'Uddersfield, Hull, PNE, Rotherham, Swansea.
Surprisingly few according to this article on 09:46 - May 30 with 3000 viewshoppy

Surprisingly few according to this article on 22:19 - May 29 by Keno

Why are Norwich fans doing a sitters tribute?

[Post edited 29 May 2023 22:20]

Are they also singing “Who’s the pride of Anglia… we’re not, but a team close to us are!”

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who will sell out the away end? on 10:43 - May 30 with 2921 viewsCityBlue

1. Leeds
2. Sheff Wed
3. Brum
4. Norwich

I T I D

Who will sell out the away end? on 11:40 - May 30 with 2784 viewsDinnernotTea

Who will sell out the away end? on 23:57 - May 29 by Stewart27

WTF?!

That’s a ridiculous call. We’ll sell out far more than that.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm just predicting based on 2002 - 2018, the last time we was there. Maybe the class of 2023 really has taken off in terms of all aways but anything north of Birmingham or west of Reading we would rarely/if ever sell out.

The 4 I listed I think are gaurantees. If we bob about in 17th I'm not sure how many others we sell out. I'm also basing this on fans like myself that have done these away days to death given our last 20 years, appreciate they'll be a few teens/early 20s not been there which might boost numbers.

Who will sell out the away end? on 12:13 - May 30 with 2698 viewsTractorCam

Who will sell out the away end? on 11:40 - May 30 by DinnernotTea

Maybe, maybe not. I'm just predicting based on 2002 - 2018, the last time we was there. Maybe the class of 2023 really has taken off in terms of all aways but anything north of Birmingham or west of Reading we would rarely/if ever sell out.

The 4 I listed I think are gaurantees. If we bob about in 17th I'm not sure how many others we sell out. I'm also basing this on fans like myself that have done these away days to death given our last 20 years, appreciate they'll be a few teens/early 20s not been there which might boost numbers.

The big difference is you'll be spending your time and money going to watch McKenna ball rather than Mick ball. I'm confident if we continue this form and have a decent season, we will sell out the majority of games.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who will sell out the away end? on 12:25 - May 30 with 2661 viewsBluespeed225

Coventry will, been on an upward cycle, will still fancy their chances next season.
Who will sell out the away end? on 16:02 - May 30 with 2412 viewsloftboy

Who will sell out the away end? on 12:25 - May 30 by Bluespeed225

Coventry will, been on an upward cycle, will still fancy their chances next season.

We (QPR) have travelled pretty well of late barring the odd game, considering how poor the team has been as well.
Last season we took over 4000 to Peterborough amd would assume as we haven’t played you for a few seasons we would likely bring 2000 +
I’m chuffed you’ve come up not too far from Lowestoft for me.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 16:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024