Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? 16:45 - Jul 30 with 3591 viewsDinnernotTea

I can't think of any time in the last 30 years?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 3198 viewsIllinoisblue

4-2 win in 89 or 90? “Balmy night on Wearside” as described by Dave Allard in the Evening Star

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:49 - Jul 30 with 3194 viewsSteve_M

2017-18, 2-0. Garner scored one I think, Waghorn the other?

Might be the single exception, only managed a point there once under Burley too, 2-2 draw in 98.

So, yeah a point next weekend is a decent result.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:56 - Jul 30 with 3153 viewsemergencylime

Flashscore informs me it is once this century.

In 2017/8, when they got relegated to League 1, we beat them 2-0, Joey Garner and Owen Gowul.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:04 - Jul 30 with 3082 viewsDinnernotTea

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:56 - Jul 30 by emergencylime

In 2017/8, when they got relegated to League 1, we beat them 2-0, Joey Garner and Owen Gowul.

Bloody hell I don't remember that at all which is scary given how recent it was!

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 3059 viewsbluelagos

I went up for NY day match around 2000, but fiik the result. For some reason I think we got a draw.

Long ol' way that's for sure. Anyone remember it?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:10 - Jul 30 with 3040 viewsSitfcB

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:56 - Jul 30 by emergencylime

Yep, a good game and a good weekend up in Newcastle!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42841909
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 17:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:11 - Jul 30 with 3035 viewsjayessess

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:04 - Jul 30 by DinnernotTea

Bloody hell I don't remember that at all which is scary given how recent it was!

The first wasn't a bad effort from Joe Garner:

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:15 - Jul 30 with 3000 viewsgainsboroughblue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:48 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

4-2 win in 89 or 90? “Balmy night on Wearside” as described by Dave Allard in the Evening Star

First reference to that on here for a few years!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:17 - Jul 30 with 2980 viewsDinnernotTea

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:09 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

I went up for NY day match around 2000, but fiik the result. For some reason I think we got a draw.

I went in February 2020 in L1 under Lambert. We lost 1-0 and it still sends shudders through me. Solely because we decided to do there and back in a car that away game and the fact that Sunderland were crap but at no point did I think we were going to win it. Just summed up that era where you would travel to arse ends of nowhere praying a miracle would happen but rarely ever did and by the 10th minute you knew what kind of ride it was about to be. Freezing in the top tier too once the wind whips up.

One huge plus is Sunderland have the best away pub in the country. Technically not an away pub it's shared with home support but they encourage away fans in for banter with a host/comedian who gets the whole pub going with songs (for both teams). Brilliant. Only 10 min walk from away end but can't remember name of the pub. Google Sunderland away pub entertainer will probably come up!

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:23 - Jul 30 with 2942 viewshammo56

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:09 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

Went up for the New Year’s Day game in 2001. We lost 4-1 and remember thinking to myself why did I bother. Stewart scored for us. Going next Sunday hopefully we will get a better result.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 17:24]
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 2886 viewsbluelagos

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:23 - Jul 30 by hammo56

Went up for the New Year’s Day game in 2001. We lost 4-1 and remember thinking to myself why did I bother. Stewart scored for us. Going next Sunday hopefully we will get a better result.

Think we have a valid 'superfan' test right there. Wonder how many of the upcoming teenaged yoof made the effort for that one?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:31 - Jul 30 with 2878 viewsIllinoisblue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:15 - Jul 30 by gainsboroughblue

First reference to that on here for a few years!

I thought i’d get in before you! Kinda absurd how a headline of a meaningless game from over 30 years ago sticks in the mind

62 - 78 - 81

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:32 - Jul 30 with 2878 viewsIllinoisblue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:23 - Jul 30 by hammo56

Was there after a boozy New Year’s Eve in Newcastle and about 3 hours sleep. Felt good when Marcus scored early, then the hangover kicked in as we fell apart

62 - 78 - 81

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:34 - Jul 30 with 2859 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Who was Owen Gowul?
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:42 - Jul 30 with 2817 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:17 - Jul 30 by DinnernotTea

I went in February 2020 in L1 under Lambert. We lost 1-0 and it still sends shudders through me. Solely because we decided to do there and back in a car that away game and the fact that Sunderland were crap but at no point did I think we were going to win it. Just summed up that era where you would travel to arse ends of nowhere praying a miracle would happen but rarely ever did and by the 10th minute you knew what kind of ride it was about to be. Freezing in the top tier too once the wind whips up.

One huge plus is Sunderland have the best away pub in the country. Technically not an away pub it's shared with home support but they encourage away fans in for banter with a host/comedian who gets the whole pub going with songs (for both teams). Brilliant. Only 10 min walk from away end but can't remember name of the pub. Google Sunderland away pub entertainer will probably come up!

'but at no point did I think we were going to win it'.

Been there that day too and I agree with you. The players weren't arsed, that was League One under Evans in a nutshell.
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:47 - Jul 30 with 2796 viewsEastTownBlue

That was the only time in a number of visits that I have seen us avoid defeat there.

I won't be there next week.
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:51 - Jul 30 with 2781 viewsEastTownBlue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:32 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

Was there after a boozy New Year’s Eve in Newcastle and about 3 hours sleep. Felt good when Marcus scored early, then the hangover kicked in as we fell apart

I was far too sensible back then and travelled by coach. There were a few using that as a catch up on sleep time.

We returned there a few weeks later for a FA Cup 4th Round defeat.
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 19:34 - Jul 30 with 2577 viewsWorcesterParkBlue

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 16:48 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

I remember a report after saying we were playng like a team "destined for Division 1" after that win...not sure if it was the Radio Orwell report or on Teletext!! :-)
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 00:24 - Jul 31 with 2323 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time we played them there in the Champ.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 00:27 - Jul 31 with 2318 viewsITFC_Forever

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:51 - Jul 30 by EastTownBlue

I was far too sensible back then and travelled by coach. There were a few using that as a catch up on sleep time.

We returned there a few weeks later for a FA Cup 4th Round defeat.

Went to that cup defeat, and then the first league game of 2001-02 when Bramble got caught ball-watching and ended up giving a penalty away which was the only goal of the game.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 06:57 - Jul 31 with 2137 viewsPendejo

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 00:24 - Jul 31 by ITFC_Forever

Last time we played them there in the Champ.

Yep we won 2-1 there the season they got relegated to L1, went there on a "weekender" between hotel and 'Spoons breakfast found a telephone box with an ITFC sticker on it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 07:13 - Jul 31 with 2107 viewsSharkey

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:34 - Jul 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Who was Owen Gowul?

One of the top finishers the club has ever had. Couldn’t take a penalty, mind.
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 07:17 - Jul 31 with 2089 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 17:34 - Jul 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Who was Owen Gowul?

Someone who is probably a lot of clubs all time leading scorer

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 07:23 - Jul 31 with 2075 viewsHelp

Who was Owen Gowul?

Own Goal
When was the last time we beat Sunderland away in the league? on 08:43 - Jul 31 with 1950 viewsBluefields

Yes was quite a miserable experience in front of a decent away following
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024